Author Topic: Path of Radiance Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 122448 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 1-
« Reply #420 on: January 13, 2012, 02:34:06 AM »
I'm currently debating which one I will vote for >_> I've read Affinity's case on Dormio's and your case on NeoSerela

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #421 on: January 13, 2012, 02:38:43 AM »
Huh what, what are your thoughts on Dormio?

« Reply #422 on: January 13, 2012, 02:39:57 AM »
In the end, regarding Serela's Zak/Dormio thing, I just don't see why he would bother to switch to Dormio 10 minutes after voting Zak if he was scum; he could have easily just waited until page 11 or so to go 'oh, since no one is listening to my Zakeri case, I guess I have to go not me over me,'.  It gives the impression that something townie must be going on in that head of his to make such an attention-grabbing decision, and his explanations sort of affirmed that; and all this compared to the reasons for voting Dormio, which seem clear-cut to me.
Well, with the Shadoweh wagon about to die, there was no real solid counterwagon to a scum!Serela at the time. Since I had mentioned considering voting Dormio at the time, I could see Serela switching to Dormio to create a Serela vs. Dormio situation and ensure that based on how chaotic town was today, they didn't randomly end up on a last-minute scumwagon. The Zak wagon didn't really appear to have much support at all at that point. Even without considering that, taking an offensive approach toward Dormio to push him as a counterwagon doesn't seem too unreasonable for a scum lynch target to do if they were under fire for not having conviction earlier in the day. It would provide an alternative to them and possibly cause reconsideration from the players voting over a lack of strong stances.

I don't see the apparent hypocrisy in Serela's vote for Dan due to the fact that everyone else was voting Dan for the same reason and that what Serela says about Dan in his above post is true.
When Serela made his vote, PX and I were voting Dan because he was parking his vote on Serela while making observations on other players that he wasn't willing to commit to, not based on lack of scumhunting alone. The third vote, Shadoweh's, looked more like "you're not taking the game seriously" than "you're not scumhunting", though I guess the two could be considered interchangeable.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #423 on: January 13, 2012, 02:45:00 AM »
15 Minutes!

« Reply #424 on: January 13, 2012, 02:46:26 AM »
Why they both gotta claim to be vanilla townies :(. Of the 2 i think dormio has less confusing posts and my previous case on him is null, blah blah blah here and see what happens. I just want this day over just so i can get rereads on everyone.

##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

Seems like no one wants to swap and im the only who has no reason to vote for either of them

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2012, 02:47:13 AM »
>_>

« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2012, 02:47:27 AM »
Huh what, what are your thoughts on Dormio?
I've had trouble maintaining a consistent opinion on him throughout the day.

At first, I thought his play following his Conq vote looked like he was putting in an effort to be active and keep pushing his case, but then Affinity pointed out that he wasn't actually going to any lengths to convince people to vote Conqueror, which made me doubt this. Still, I get the impression he was at least trying to make an impact on the game, which reads more townie than not.

I didn't like his SK speculation when he originally posted it, but I'm willing to buy the Pesco/Shadoweh explanation of him taking something I jokingly said and running with it. I also feel better about it because he's consistently maintained the "I'm paranoid about Shadoweh" opinion, and I feel that if he were scum, he would have tried to drop it entirely to get people off his back after switching to Serela.

Now that he's been in the lynch spotlight, I think his reactions look legit. Recently, he's been taking the initiative in giving us more opinions and material to work with now that he's about to die, and I don't think he's coming off like panicky scum doing anything he can to make us vote elsewhere so much as town posting his last words.

With all of this in consideration, I'm feeling him as Town right now, and wouldn't be particularly interested in switching at deadline.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2012, 02:47:32 AM »
Ummm even if it's me I'd really like -someone- to get lynched. Just sayin'. I mean, I'd still prefer it's Dormio since he might actually be scum, but.

...he hasn't even claimed x_x

Oh welp, there we go!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2012, 02:48:17 AM »
Yeah, I was looking at last game quick and Dormio was kind of like this last game, so I was going to hammer Serela, but was waiting on HW's post first

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2012, 02:49:00 AM »
Just to secure
##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

Schezo

• en-counse
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia - Night 1-
« Reply #430 on: January 13, 2012, 02:51:55 AM »
Voting:
Serela (7): Shadoweh, Dormio, Pesco, Huh What, Conq, Zakeri, nurse rawr
Zakeri (1): Trickysticks
Dormio (5): Affinity, Bardiche, Serela,  BT, PX

Not Voting:

The deadline drew near and everyone decided it would be best to lacerate Serela a few dozen times and then some, to make sure he was dead.

Serela - Soren - a Vanilla Townie was lynched Day 1

Night 1 begins now.  You have 24 hours
Please send all of your actions to Kitten and I.  If you are not going to preform your night action please let us know anyway.

Schezo

• en-counse
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 2-
« Reply #431 on: January 14, 2012, 02:30:55 AM »
The dawn came and everyone gathered out in the main courtyard.  Looking around amongst themselves they were all a bit shocked to learn that no one was struck down in the night.  The best course of action to pursue now is just get on with deciding a new lynch.

No one died during the night!

Voting: No one

Not Voting: Everyone

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline for day 1 is in 72 hours Watch timer here

If a replacement for Trickysticks cannot be found by the end of day 2 he will be modkilled.

« Reply #432 on: January 14, 2012, 03:17:27 AM »
If Dormio is scum, then his buddies probably thought they could save him even when he was very close to being lynched, given that he claimed Vanilla at a time where it looked like he was in a lot more danger than Serela (while scum could have tried to out a PR). I'm leaning town on him as a result of this, which means that I'm leaning town / town on yesterday's wagons as well.

##Vote PX
Not liking PX anymore now that we have Serela's flip. His jump on the Serela wagon in #227 looks more like grounds for a policy lynching, and is totally opportunistic given that the voteswitch happened while the Dan wagon was losing steam. What I said about Serela unvoting and alignments remaining the same after replacements applies here, since PX was still pressing Dan's content back in his #145.

Given the most he ever expanded on the vote was in this post, it looks like he just wanted to appear to be applying pressure without actually involving himself too much with the case on Serela. His switch onto Dormio appeared to result in him forgetting about his Serela stance completely, lasting until the end of the day, where he never really justified his views at all beyond meta on Dormio. It doesn't seem like he was paying consideration to his own past convictions (if he ever really had conviction in the Serela case at all) so much as just the cases the other players bothered to post, and this shows scummy apathy.

At the end of D1, I found myself strongly disliking Trickysticks' playerslot for having only one post in the day that was particularly weak and waffly in just about all of his opinions, but he's potentially getting modkilled now, so focusing on him before a replacement is found would probably be a waste. His particular brand of self-loathing still looks scummy, since it feels less like he was apologizing for flimsy content and more like he was drawing attention to it so that he could seek refuge in audacity.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #433 on: January 14, 2012, 05:00:04 AM »
I'm saving my comments until later. For now I'll say pure wagon analysis leads me to
##Vote Conqueror
And see where it goes from there.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #434 on: January 14, 2012, 05:30:28 AM »
Shadoweh, did you or did you not attempt to vig last night? (Don't you dare call this question rolefishing, because it's not).
P.S. your wagon analysis sucks.

Will post more later when I can look at the game again.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2012, 05:35:27 AM »
"Pure wagon analysis" is pretty pointless unless Dormio flips scum, assuming you mean you're only looking at the votecounts.

« Reply #436 on: January 14, 2012, 05:38:01 AM »
If you do mean that you're considering what Conq actually posted as well, then, well, I'm not exactly feeling tempted to sheep you since you explained jack shit and I'm not gutting Conq as scum and didn't find his Serela vote as bad as PX's.

I still think PX was the scummiest person on the Serela wagon, even though he jumped off (possibly because of how he played after jumping off).

« Reply #437 on: January 14, 2012, 05:39:49 AM »
Further thought shows that if you meant what I thought you would have said VCA. I'm dumb.

I still don't feel tempted to sheep you until you stop RPing Chicago Voter.

Conqueror

« Reply #438 on: January 14, 2012, 05:43:11 AM »
(I don't think Shadoweh actually expects people to sheep her; I thought she was just messing around. Anyway bbl)

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

« Reply #439 on: January 14, 2012, 05:45:05 AM »
I didn't actually think she was, but I do want her to stop RPing Chicago Voter.

Incidentally, Shadoweh, what happened to you and Conq being townie BFFs?

Shadoweh

« Reply #440 on: January 14, 2012, 05:52:32 AM »
I'm not messing around. I also haven't asked you to sheep to me. For a post with so few words you're assuming alot.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #441 on: January 14, 2012, 05:54:48 AM »
Shadoweh, answer the question please.
Also, I can't tell who your last post is addressed at.

Shadoweh

« Reply #442 on: January 14, 2012, 06:14:24 AM »
Not messing around is directed to you.
The sheeping is pointed at huh what.
I'm curious why huh what's reaction to my vote on Conqueror is so defensive. Did you take my vote on another person as persecution of your own vote? It seems hypersensitive.
And I said I'm saving my comments for later. Proceed on with the day if you will.

« Reply #443 on: January 14, 2012, 06:22:39 AM »
How would your vote on Conq be persecuting my PX vote?

Initially, it confused me because I thought you meant VCA.

Right now, I'm just annoyed because I don't see what you have to gain from not trying to convince others of your case, and I'm not finding anything particularly terrible in Conq's ISO, so I assume you're voting him over something I missed entirely.

Shadoweh

« Reply #444 on: January 14, 2012, 06:33:30 AM »
I did mean VCA.
I'm not sure what my case is yet. It's part gut, part little things like Conq asking Dormio if he has something against PX after Dormio just made a post with serious questions about PX. I don't actually find fault with your case on PX. Conq promised content later so I'll wait to see what he says next.

« Reply #445 on: January 14, 2012, 07:11:02 AM »
How would your vote on Conq be persecuting my PX vote?
I think the point is that it's obviously not this.
Though, a most obvious answer to why you're picking on Shadoweh's vote is to understand it better, rather than any sort of defense or attack related reasons.
##Vote: Conq

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #446 on: January 14, 2012, 07:18:38 AM »
##Vote PX
Not liking PX anymore now that we have Serela's flip.

You're doing that thing again where you tell people to do stuff and then vote them for it. I still think it's scummy that you do this.

I'm saving my comments until later. For now I'll say pure wagon analysis leads me to
##Vote Conqueror
And see where it goes from there.

No you don't. It's scumhunting day, just like it is every single day. Why is Conq scum? While you're at it, why are you not scum for failing to prove your role by giving me my out from the game?

I did mean VCA.
I'm not sure what my case is yet. It's part gut, part little things like Conq asking Dormio if he has something against PX after Dormio just made a post with serious questions about PX. I don't actually find fault with your case on PX. Conq promised content later so I'll wait to see what he says next.

You promised content first as per the above quote.

About the PX case.
I suddenly feel like voting for Dormio
Never liked his jump on the wagon, and he started focusing on Shadoweh immediately afterward. And his pushing for Shadoweh after the claim... Pushing her as an SK definitely feels like a scum move. Not to mention when I rolled Town Vig way back the scum tried to push me as SK :\
##Unvote
##Vote: Dormio

Serela L-3, Dormio L-1

This looks like a horrible vote to put someone on L-1. I mentioned in #170 that PX's vote for Dan also looked bad.

>_> IDK WHICH ONE?! Anyways, off to do some school business, be back sooooooooooooooon (hopefully)

You could try to convince me <_<
I'm currently debating which one I will vote for >_> I've read Affinity's case on Dormio's and your case on NeoSerela

This is a carbon copy of the scum-indecision posts I made when choosing between town/town wagons in the first Moriya Shrine.

##Vote PX

« Reply #447 on: January 14, 2012, 07:31:36 AM »
:sigh:
I assume we're I'm getting anything more out of the Quicklynch Conqueror Day 2 voting block.

You're doing that thing again where you tell people to do stuff and then vote them for it. I still think it's scummy that you do this.
Part of my case on PX originates from actions before that happened, and even in regards to his approach to the end dual wagons that I felt was scummy, I don't think it was really caused by me trying to convince him to vote Serela. Had he bothered to post some sort of thought process regarding Serela vs Dormio beyond "hey Dormio is lookin' townie on meta" at the time, he wouldn't be quite as bad today. I don't think I'm voting him for complying with me.

« Reply #448 on: January 14, 2012, 07:32:09 AM »
Wrote that as "we're not getting anything more", decided "I'm" would be more accurate, then replaced the wrong word.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #449 on: January 14, 2012, 07:40:33 AM »
Voting:
PX (2): Huh What, Pesco
Conq (2): Shadoweh, Zakeri

Not Voting: PX, Affinity, Dormio, Conq, nurse rawr, Bardiche, BT

Actually I've decided that since the playerslot for Tricky is like on collision with a modkill that slot won't take a vote soo.

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline for day 2 is in ~66 hours Watch timer here