Author Topic: Touhou Bros  (Read 10735 times)

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
Re: Touhou Bros
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 03:33:57 PM »
I think you should just paint a baseball red and add some black in the middle for the eye. For the third leg, well, just use cardboard boxes or a pipe cylinder if you're feeling incredibly lazy.

Without her eye and third leg, SHE'S NO LONGER OKUU! :( How are people gonna identify you're Okuu if you don't put in those?!  :o

What about wings?
Oh I've got wings. The reason I feel like I could get away without the third arm and eye is because of the pants that I made myself, they have that distinct arrow pattern that's on her skirt.

The thing that bothers me is the design on her shirt, I get the feeling that making an eye is actually simpler than making that pattern, but then again without the pattern the eye feels kinda out of place :/ Bah I'll figure something out eventually, at least the pants are stylish
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 03:56:11 PM »
If you really do paint a baseball for the chest eye, you can totally paint a bat orange and attach six small plastic tubes at the top so that you sort-of have a control rod.

Baseball Utsuho yeah!

*is shot*
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 08:00:27 PM »
I picture Utsuho as having a really strong swing but being really slow (concrete foot and all)

*thread rerail*

I personally find brohous amusing, but then I enjoy genderswaps in general so :derp:

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 02:13:15 AM »
I once floated the idea of cosplaying Utsuho on the imageboard, and I was directed to this. If you ever do cosplay Okuu, you should use these.

As for the subject of genderswaps, Kagero's work is still some of the best.

TakuTaku

• Currently Incognito
  • I'm always losing to win
    • ah.
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 04:26:50 AM »

I've seen Kagero's stuff and I think that Manrisa and Man!Sakuya looks rather dashing. Although, I dunno most of them are a bit skinny for me to enjoy. I like my brohous meaty and manly.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:29:02 AM by Taku »

DevArt | Twitter
freelance artist looking for work

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 04:59:46 PM »
Oh I've got wings. The reason I feel like I could get away without the third arm and eye is because of the pants that I made myself, they have that distinct arrow pattern that's on her skirt.

The thing that bothers me is the design on her shirt, I get the feeling that making an eye is actually simpler than making that pattern, but then again without the pattern the eye feels kinda out of place :/ Bah I'll figure something out eventually, at least the pants are stylish

You could always tell people you're pre-Yatagarasu Okuu from before Subterranean Animism happened. BV

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
That is somehow scaringly fitting. ?_?
Well, except for the bald head and stuff. And the fact that there is no kryptonite against Reimu and... whatever.

There was one brohou image on danbooru where pretty much all characters were genderswapped, many of them in a non-bishounen way, or at least with an actual beard, making it actually look fairly believable (with a few glaring exceptions, but those are for comedy anyways). Especially the male Yuyuko looked just like I would have imagined a male Yuyuko.  :derp:

Fakeedit: Found it! (Danbooru general warning)

Oh god some of those where absolutely PERFECT! Some of those make me think of a Brouhou Dynasty Warriors game.

...has anybody ever thought about a genderswapped Unzan?Yes, people have ~.?

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 07:19:27 PM »
You could always tell people you're pre-Yatagarasu Okuu from before Subterranean Animism happened. BV
That was actually what I was going for, however I think the eye isn't, necesarily, part of the whole yatagarasu deal,. Bah I have like half a year before the next con so :V

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 10:24:57 PM »
Here are some MANLY touhous.

Here's a few more:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Note Edit: I just love Brohous <3<3
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:29:36 PM by Robotic Doll.S »

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2010, 10:39:31 PM »
Brohous are fucking wonderful <3

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2010, 09:41:30 PM »
I once floated the idea of cosplaying Utsuho on the imageboard, and I was directed to this. If you ever do cosplay Okuu, you should use these.

Ah yes I remember seeing lenses like those online once, gonna have to remember them.

And /agree Kageros work really is wonderful

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2010, 10:05:09 PM »
In case nobody has mentioned it yet,
Touhou Gaika Torihiki *NND
The artist states that all the characters are females, yet they all look like good looking men.  :D

Komachi vs. Yuuka almost looked like something out of a Shonen Manga