Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 211842 times)

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
Re: Cosmic Break
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2011, 12:56:02 AM »
Of course, they're ART, so you have to play them as far range units.

Not really. I treat my Lily's like air types, and have seen Maril's, Destructors, and even a Toybox (in Japan) played like land and all has come out fine. Cannonballer gets hurt by the sheer lack of HP and customization more than anything else. They tried to make a Froglander/Beezle for arts really, and it does NOT work out.

« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2011, 01:12:26 AM »
Not really. I treat my Lily's like air types, and have seen Maril's, Destructors, and even a Toybox (in Japan) played like land and all has come out fine. Cannonballer gets hurt by the sheer lack of HP and customization more than anything else. They tried to make a Froglander/Beezle for arts really, and it does NOT work out.
The difference is though, froglanders and beezles have arms and legs.  There is no customization whatsoever for a Cannonballer; all its weapons are built into the core, and it doesn't have arms, meaning what you see is what you get.

Also, reVelske and I were talking in-game, when it occurred to us that Thoarla is a large air type, and thus capable of using a Stardust Cannon.  Her core ability also has 45 force.

Quote from: Esoterica
Hey guys, art types can fly now.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2011, 01:13:59 AM »
The difference is though, froglanders and beezles have arms and legs.  There is no customization whatsoever for a Cannonballer; all its weapons are built into the core, and it doesn't have arms, meaning what you see is what you get.

...this is exactly what I said in my post, did you not read it...?

« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2011, 01:16:05 AM »
...this is exactly what I said in my post, did you not read it...?
I did, but apparently not very carefully. :V  I was looking mostly at "They tried to make a Froglander/Beezle for arts really, and it does NOT work out."  Because honestly, if it did have arms, I'm sure it'd be just as viable as the other two.

EDIT: Okay, chibi vs Medi Aide, which would you rather have as a support?  Trying to plan out how I'm going to spend any RT I might charge.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:13:38 AM by Esoterica »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2011, 02:22:25 AM »
Think they'll implement trading?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2011, 03:41:03 AM »
Oh my God, bikini Thorala's Wonder Bit.

Oh my God.

:getdown:

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2011, 05:16:23 AM »
Honestly, I'd spend $ for garapon just for a Chibi. I am dead serious. But doing so seems to require a credit card, so I sadly cannot do so ;-;

Why would you Melee with a Chbi anyway? I always see Chibi's with a Beam-type weapon, like Beam Gun Mod or Wide Beam Gun.

Isn't Aide-bot or w/e a Mech though? As in an actual machine in comparison to the human-like bots, such as Lily, Laz, Wiberyl and the Chibi's? I can't stand the mechs, too generic seeming, aside from Frog Lander :P

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2011, 05:25:55 AM »
Honestly, I'd spend $ for garapon just for a Chibi. I am dead serious. But doing so seems to require a credit card, so I sadly cannot do so ;-;

Why would you Melee with a Chbi anyway? I always see Chibi's with a Beam-type weapon, like Beam Gun Mod or Wide Beam Gun.

Isn't Aide-bot or w/e a Mech though? As in an actual machine in comparison to the human-like bots, such as Lily, Laz, Wiberyl and the Chibi's? I can't stand the mechs, too generic seeming, aside from Frog Lander :P

I may not share the dislike of the mechs, but the only one I've used so far is Frog Lander. I also have yet to use any large size robots, and Izuna's the only medium sized one I've touched.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2011, 01:16:19 PM »

There's zero reason to melee with a chibi.  Trying to would probably result in tripping.  I'd probably give a chibi a musket for ranged combat, and a particle gun for close range.

And no, this is Medi  Aide:

[attach=1]

EDIT: Random thought, if Misty Hollow can make herself invincible to bullets until melee'd, she must be absolute rape for boss fights.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:37:50 PM by Esoterica »

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2011, 03:02:27 PM »
As in an actual machine in comparison to the human-like bots, such as Lily, Laz, Wiberyl and the Chibi's? I can't stand the mechs, too generic seeming, aside from Frog Lander
Generic > what is this
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2011, 11:55:46 PM »
What can medi aide do as support? I see it has a rather useless Wonder Bit in place of a Healing Bit.

Actually, are their any non-mechs that have a Healing Bit of some sort as natural, so I don't have to buy like 50 of them?

« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2011, 12:03:07 AM »
What can medi aide do as support? I see it has a rather useless Wonder Bit in place of a Healing Bit.

Actually, are their any non-mechs that have a Healing Bit of some sort as natural, so I don't have to buy like 50 of them?
She has high Tgh and Fly, which make provide for solid defense and evasiveness as well as allowing her to easily reach injured teammates.  She has every wonder bit cartridge possibly available (that I'm aware of), including the near-exclusive ability  to have a wonder bit regenerate without having to do anything at all.  Decent HP too, and she can resist being pushed around.  Basically, the ultimate healer.

The only bot I'm aware of that has any sort of healing bit as a default is Priestol Q, and it's a mini so it's still relatively worthless.  Sadly, if you want repair bits, the only option is to farm them.

EDIT: Also, learned about Burst Fire Bits today.  I heard the minis only add hyper shot, which makes me wonder what the full size ones do.

FAKE EDIT: Does anyone know how Misty Hollow's bullet invuln ability works?  If it really only wears off after either a certain duration or when melee'd, I'm strongly considering buying her just so I can solo 3-star Haku whenever I want.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:07:42 AM by Esoterica »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2011, 12:18:36 AM »
If the Bullet Immunity is only ended by Melee, this makes me wonder about something, does Ran/Haku use Bullets?? I know she uses beams/lasers and melee, as well as explosives, but I don't remember Bullets.

« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2011, 01:20:28 AM »
If the Bullet Immunity is only ended by Melee, this makes me wonder about something, does Ran/Haku use Bullets?? I know she uses beams/lasers and melee, as well as explosives, but I don't remember Bullets.
When I say bullets I mean "everything that isn't melee".

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2011, 06:21:24 AM »
-Look at 3 Guardian's Mate, see that I have to do a tune-up.

-Get to Cosmos Pot and realize 'hey, a smashing opportunity to add +2 FLY to my Amateus for only +15 cost!'

-Buy a single slot protector for 30Rt. Thats $3 of my hard-earned cash and really, really overpriced, but thats another subject/can of worms.

-Add said protector, and Cosmos Harmonics 2. Success rate at 75%. Press go.

-See my second post-beta Tune-up fail.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also...

I. HATE. MAGDORIA VOLCANOES.

FUCK.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2011, 08:45:13 AM »
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Don't feel so bad Odda, at least it was only $3, and it was spent on a slot protector, so you can still try it again another time.
Just need the materials.

Be thankful you didn't spend $10 on it and have all the tries fail.
Better to lose $3 instead of $10 as I sometimes say.
And the Rt will hopefully be repriced in the future.
In the meantime, I've found some tunes that work great as gaming aids to listen to while playing.

If you play a zippy Real Type kinda bot, then this might just work.
Blue Comet SPT Layzner: Lonely Way ~ Like Melos
Doubly so if you use a mix of melee and ranged, and one of your ranged is a beam type.
Crimrose in particular fits this tune, especially if you color her blue, just like the Layzner.
V-MAX Crimrose anyone?

For the Zippy (almost)Melee-only pilots among us, anything from Tekkaman will suffice, Eternal Loneliness and the SRW J/W/K versions of Reason and Masquerade are notable.

And Finally, for those of us who made sure to have a LND-AIR-ART team, only this will do.
Getter Robo Armageddon's second OP, HEATS!
Of course, the LND is obviously the strongest of the 3.  :]
Due to being the Getter-1 analogy.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »
^ what? Surely Getter 2 is LND? Unless you are talking about Neo Getter of course. Even SRW gives Getter 1 a B rating on land :V

As for tunes, seems like any JAM Project songs go well with the game (go figure).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:28:25 AM by reVelske »

« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »
-Look at 3 Guardian's Mate, see that I have to do a tune-up.

-Get to Cosmos Pot and realize 'hey, a smashing opportunity to add +2 FLY to my Amateus for only +15 cost!'
Um, you know you had to do the tuneup with the proto cosmos they give you, which also gives you a 100% success rate, right? :ohdear:

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2011, 01:35:09 PM »
^ what? Surely Getter 2 is LND? Unless you are talking about Neo Getter of course. Even SRW gives Getter 1 a B rating on land :V

As for tunes, seems like any JAM Project songs go well with the game (go figure).
Well, I was going by general Getter rules.
The big slow one is always Getter 3, and most Art Types are big and slow.
The streamlined one is always Getter 2, and most Fly are like that.
And the All-Around one is always Getter 1, and most Lands are like that.

And I left JAM Project unmentioned because I figured folks already knew about it.  :V

Slightly Off-Topic: I'm slightly bugged at how Getter's been in practically every SRW up to J, where it suddenly goes missing, only to return in the following ones sporadically.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2011, 05:47:16 PM »
Gimme a few moments, looking for a better sig.

Btw, doing pretty good with an accelerated gun and lance with Jikun Hu. Also got him to lv6 and gave it the "sway" dash action. Not sure what it's really good for, maybe for dodging and closing in on enemies. Also thinking of giving Winberrl two guns instead of that easy rifle and knife.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #230 on: January 04, 2011, 07:18:08 PM »
I got sway on my trollberrl, apparently it has some good invulnerability frames, I have yet to really see that in action though :S I THINK it gives Winberrl a bit faster ground movement than normal dash or run, but I'm not so sure if that'd be the case with Jikuns or any other LND units with decent WLK.

And double Rage Machinegun/Beam Machinegun on trollberrl is the only way!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:35:16 PM by reVelske »

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #232 on: January 04, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »
I got sway on my trollberrl, apparently it has some good invulnerability frames, I have yet to really see that in action though :S I THINK it gives Winberrl a bit faster ground movement than normal dash or run, but I'm not so sure if that'd be the case with Jikuns or any other LND units with decent WLK.

And double Rage Machinegun/Beam Machinegun on trollberrl is the only way!
I thought Sway just made it easier to change direction and overall improved control while running.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #233 on: January 04, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »
Um, you know you had to do the tuneup with the proto cosmos they give you, which also gives you a 100% success rate, right? :ohdear:

I did  that one a long time ago. This is the second one that doesn't. :V

« Reply #234 on: January 04, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »
I did  that one a long time ago. This is the second one that doesn't. :V
Oh. :V

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #235 on: January 04, 2011, 11:58:38 PM »
Gave Jikun Hu a little grenade, somehow doing much more damage and killing a few more enemies than the accelerated gun. Probably because it sometimes gives the burning effect.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2011, 01:10:23 AM »
Little Grenade does not give burning effect, only regular grenade does that. Fast LND types are actually better off with 'nades than ART types, because 'nades are slow (requiring getting closer for a better shot at hitting) and a LND is usually going to be in people's faces anyway.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2011, 01:57:31 AM »

I lol'd.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2011, 02:27:49 AM »
What missiles can I give Lily White?

Also, I want that Seraph promo and I only have 20,000 :( I probably won't make the 19th.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2011, 03:09:48 AM »
What missiles can I give Lily White?

Also, I want that Seraph promo and I only have 20,000 :( I probably won't make the 19th.
Wrong Lily :V  I was just asking this in IRC, and came to the conclusion that I really am stuck with Little Grenades and Small Bazookas for her.