Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 211549 times)

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
Re: Cosmic Break
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2010, 07:45:11 AM »
^ How so?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2010, 11:44:19 AM »
The Rt System.
5$ gets ya 50 Rt.

....Which is no different than other MMOs with a cash shop, just scaled down.
And here's the difference between bots from the Garapons/Gashapons, bots bought with Rt, and bots bought with UC.
The Rt bots just have more mod-slots, that's it.
Same goes for the garapons/gashapons.

In summary, the Rt bots aren't much different from the UC bots, just more modslots.
And let's be honest, who uses those very much?
I don't, but because I lack materials.
And plus, what ones I have looked at, have all had a 50% or lower chance.
I ain't risking it, not without catalysts.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2010, 12:04:21 PM »
Well, I suppose it's for people who want to buy those bots with real money to save themselves the UC grind?

Regardless, there are unique Rt parts/items/bots though aren't there?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2010, 12:15:11 PM »
Some, like the Asura joint that I mentioned in earlier posts.

But some of them, like zero saber(or so I've heard), aren't worth it.
The only Rt Bot that would be worth it that comes to mind right off would be Toybox.

I mean, it has CRUISE MISSILES.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2010, 06:23:30 PM »
The Rt System.
5$ gets ya 50 Rt.

....Which is no different than other MMOs with a cash shop, just scaled down.
And here's the difference between bots from the Garapons/Gashapons, bots bought with Rt, and bots bought with UC.
The Rt bots just have more mod-slots, that's it.
Same goes for the garapons/gashapons.

In summary, the Rt bots aren't much different from the UC bots, just more modslots.
And let's be honest, who uses those very much?
I don't, but because I lack materials.
And plus, what ones I have looked at, have all had a 50% or lower chance.
I ain't risking it, not without catalysts.

You clearly haven't been playing this long.

Modslots get used a LOT more than you think. Furthermore, garapon and even regular rt bots tend to have much better starting stats than UC bots, so even You also say all that without taking garapon into account... I'm willing to spend money on the game, but Rt prices are a bit high for my tastes. The main issue I have is garapon though. $4-$20 to roll with a very high chance of no return/getting something completely shit (lolAce Braver and tune-up packs)? No thanks. I'm not spending my hard earned cash for a chance to get something viable. Maybe its because I don't live in Vegas, but I find it too risky. Honestly, the current prices could stay for all I care, but the garapon situation is in dire need of CPR and respiration.

Also, ahahaha, charging $10 for Zero Saber Girl. Cyberstep must think we're all a bunch of idiots with fat wallets.

EDIT: Toybox missiles are TERRIBLE. You're better off with Sturbanger, Destructor or Amateus. Howitzer AMJ missiles are better as well.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 06:37:41 PM by Odda C. »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2010, 06:50:46 PM »
Well, toybox's missiles are BUILT-IN, that was the main thing that jumped out at me.
Think about it, you could add on the howitzer joints with enough cost ups.
Tack on the snailbot head, or any other head with a weapon, and then you've got a walking armory.
I for one look forward to trying that out, can we say double-wide?

As for the garapons/gashapons, I do agree with you on that.
Those do need to be fixed.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »
Sturbanger and Destructor have their missiles built in too, and I can say that they're pretty good, especially Sturbanger's. Never tried Amateus or Toybox before, but Toybox looks pretty cost heavy for its weapons.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2010, 07:00:56 PM »
Well, when one thinks about it, that gives you more room to work with.
Think about it, since it has a 1000+ cost, you could do a little tweaking here, a few parts swaps here...and presto, more weaponry than you can shake a leek at.

Since the missiles are a part of the body itself(barring that my memory hasn't failed me once more), one could feasibly add on the howitzer joints by using the snailbot arms instead of the toybox arms.
sure, your main weapons would take a minor hit, but you'd have firepower to spare.
I would assume that one could apply that to the others, with similar results.

Alternately, asura joints+snailbot arms.
Two words comrades, Big. Kaboom.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »
Sorry to interrupt(I have no idea what you guys are talking about), but what are good flying mechs(I've been using Crimrose.) Also, it would be nice if there was a rapid fire weapon for the flyers.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2010, 08:17:54 PM »
Well hyo, we're having a lively debate about artillery mechs.

Good flyers....Well, you might wanna try saving up to 16k UC for an Izuna, I've heard they're decent.
As for rapidfire weapons for flyers.....can't go wrong with a light machinegun, perhaps Nano Machinegun.
Alternately, wide beamgun might work out.
I'd try things out, and experiment, find what suits you.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2010, 11:10:17 PM »
Yeah, kinda made this account just to reply but I just felt bad for the people who might be listening to Hanzo about builds. I'm not really trying to attack you nor try to offend you, well kinda, but give you some insight on your understanding of the game mechanics and what's useful or not.

Rage Machine Gun -
First off there is no way you can equip 4 rage machine guns. One RMG is 160 cost and four of them would equal to 640 cost. There is not one bot in this game that has 640 free cost even with all capacity upgrades. Let alone have enough cost to let you equip 4 arms, 2 asura, legs, booster, and a head. As for RMG's effectiveness in battle that differs on the player. But most people won't want to use one because

1) the cost
2) -3 fly
3) bullet damage is not justifiable for the cost and stat loss even with the high rate of fire
4) it really has horrible tracking and just sprays everywhere

Moving Burst Cartridge -
Moving burst does let you fire all your weapon while you're moving BUT it only lasts for 1-2 seconds. Moving burst is horrible for machines guns and are really only useful for burst fire weapons. By burst fire I mean single shot or burst weapons i.e. Bazookas, Magnums, and/or Auto beam rifles. They're next to useless on arts and are mostly only useful for LND or AIR. Lily Rain really is the only ART that benefits from it.

Asuras -
Asuras are very impractical, costly, and really have no use besides trying to fit as many weapons as you can for the lulz. Just because you can have 4 arms doesn't really mean you should.

This build you're thinking of is nothing more than a power spot standing turret cannon fodder for AIR types to run circles on. Well not just AIRs actually, any type of bot that has mobility will probably run circles over you.

Practicality and mobility > 283671826 weapons in this game.

Toybox Cruise Missiles -
By far are one of the worst missiles ever in this game. Let me list the reasons why...

1) Damage is abysmally low.
2) Horrible tracking, or actually the lack of it. It practically just goes straight. It can and will be dodge by anyone who is slightly moving to the left/right. Think of the Millennium Falcon scene on Star Wars. They hardly really ever hit unless you're shooting the power spot.
3) Fire rate is just god damn slow
4) The way it fires. The way it fires is that the missiles get shot out in front of you at ground level then fire off their boosters. This is horrible when it comes to maps with uneven terrain as the missile will just hit that and explode there. You have to find high ground to launch those things.

Yeah it does have a pretty big blast radius but that blast radius really only damage on the 4s range. It doesn't justify the weapon to be actually effective.

All-in-all anything is pretty much better than Toybox cruise missiles. Go with Sturbanger or Destructor as sturbanger has the lowest wlk stats out of all the ARTs.

And I guess I'll just leave it at that...

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2010, 04:21:49 AM »
So I caved and bought 200Rt and dropped all of it into six rolls of the Moe-Gara Machine.

First five rolls were okay (Bomb Launcher, Maril March, Shino Exroad ALPHA, blue ball, Izuna Kamui). And then I went through with the sixth.

It's a silver ball! Awesome! It could be a Medi Aide!

MARIL MARCH.

FUCK YOU, GARAPON.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2010, 06:50:41 AM »
Finally gave in and decided to DL this.

Which robo should I start with; Crimrose, or Lily Rain?

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2010, 06:56:28 AM »
Finally gave in and decided to DL this.

Which robo should I start with; Crimrose, or Lily Rain?
If you like flying and dodging attacks, pick Crimrose. If you like slow movement but high firepower and range, pick Lily Rain. But if you like melee, pick Jikun Hu.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2010, 07:07:42 AM »
If you like flying and dodging attacks, pick Crimrose. If you like slow movement but high firepower and range, pick Lily Rain. But if you like melee, pick Jikun Hu.
Well, there's a problem here; I like both playstyles, and know nothing about this game's metagame to determine whether one or the other would be a better choice. :V  From the gameplay vids I've seen, Lily EVE looks like the most interesting bot I've seen.  I also heard something about Crimrose having a Seraph upgrade at level 10; is that cash shop, or in-game money?

Oh, and is the choice I make at the beginning of the game all that vital?  Just wondering if it's impossible to get both Crimrose and Lily Rain, or if choosing one or the other will somehow limit me.

EDIT: Screw it, Crimrose it is. :V
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 07:38:33 AM by Esoterica »

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »
Well, there's a problem here; I like both playstyles, and know nothing about this game's metagame to determine whether one or the other would be a better choice. :V  From the gameplay vids I've seen, Lily EVE looks like the most interesting bot I've seen.  I also heard something about Crimrose having a Seraph upgrade at level 10; is that cash shop, or in-game money?

Oh, and is the choice I make at the beginning of the game all that vital?  Just wondering if it's impossible to get both Crimrose and Lily Rain, or if choosing one or the other will somehow limit me.
Well, when I started, I picked Jikun Hu, the land type. After, I got a flying type and an artillery type for my commando (your team of 3 bots), but they weren't Lily Rain and Crimrose.
My advice is to pick the one that you like and suits you more, since you're going to get a bot of the other types. If you like them both equally, then I don't know what to say at this point.

EDIT: Too late. You picked Crimrose.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 07:40:44 AM by Eyebrow Wisp »
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2010, 08:32:49 AM »
You just called Lily Rain slow moving.

What.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
You just called Lily Rain slow moving.

What.
LOL sorry~ I thought she would be slow too because the artillery type I have is slow. :P

Or maybe I'm just too used to how fast Jikun Hu moves.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 08:41:24 AM by Eyebrow Wisp »

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2010, 08:46:54 AM »
You can buy all the three starters anyways, so it hardly matter which one you start off.

Was ranked 10th of a 15vs15 arena match last night and got the best supporter title, I am happy ^_^ (considering how I usually sit mid/bottom of the chart D:)

So which faction is Maiden's guild? WIZ I'm guessing seeing how many of you are on WIZ?

« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2010, 10:14:18 AM »
You can buy all the three starters anyways, so it hardly matter which one you start off.

Was ranked 10th of a 15vs15 arena match last night and got the best supporter title, I am happy ^_^ (considering how I usually sit mid/bottom of the chart D:)

So which faction is Maiden's guild? WIZ I'm guessing seeing how many of you are on WIZ?
I noticed this pretty quickly after I started (and Lily Rain is the most expensive of the three ffffffffffffffffffff), so that's quite the relief. :V

My God, this game is both fun and addicting.  I'm gonna have to introduce some irl friends to this. :3

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2010, 06:22:18 PM »
I once was ranked 2nd in a 15vs15 Union Wars battle. I got best supporter and best jammer. Dunno what best jammer means, though.

EDIT: Now that I has 50k UC on my hands, I decided to buy my own Crimrose and Lily Rain. It turns out I absolutely fail at using air types like Crimrose. I like Lily Rain, though. She's faster than I thought she would be. Nice firepower, too. Her move when she shoots those pink bullets reminds me so much of Icicle Fall Easy.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 07:23:01 PM by Eyebrow Wisp »

« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2010, 08:42:36 PM »
So apparently I'm horrible at PvP in this game. :V

Current commando is Crimrose/Lily Rain/supportunitiforgottenameof.  Not really sure what to do with equips; Lily and Crim both have two wings, I swapped Crim's rapier for a handy laser, and gave the support bot a healing bit.  Aside from that, I've changed nothing and have about 3~4k to blow.

IGN's Suguri, by the way.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2010, 08:45:52 PM »
I suck with air-types too, but they're so fun. Know any good laser parts for Crimrose, I tried one, but it requires the user to stop moving, which is annoying.  Got jikun Hu, what a fun bot, nothing like meleeing in a shooting game.

Also, I tried a frog, with a flamethrower(inb4derp.) It was fun, but health is so low, how did sibladeko do it?

Also, is there something I can use as a reference, as the Cosmic Break wiki seems rather barebones.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »
PvP takes time to get used to and learn how you need to play your bots, ie. how not to body slam into a crowd of enemies, how to camp best with your Artillery unit, how to hit and run a crowd with an air unit, and eh... never played a land unit so I dunno :V But yeah, IMHO, survivability should be the top priority in PvP, the less you die, the slower your team loses, so just learn to TAKE IT EASY and play safe.

I still need to try melee stuff sometime, thought of giving my Izuna Kamui Nagi a rapier but the Blaster + Shield combo works so well for hit and run on big crowds, and she works better just keeping her distance and spam her core ability.

And where the hell are people getting the healing bit/parts? I fail to find any :<

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2010, 10:06:51 PM »
For land types, what I do in PvP is stay with my teammates, shooting at the enemy using a mid-range weapon like the Easy Rifle. If one enemy strays from its teammates, I use melee.
@reVelske, I earn my healing bits from PvP, quests, and missions. IIRC, you can buy healing bits from the shop. I remember seeing some there.

« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2010, 10:29:20 PM »
Also, I tried a frog, with a flamethrower(inb4derp.) It was fun, but health is so low, how did sibladeko do it?
The point of the frog is to use it with stock equips - minus an arm - to give it next to no cost.  You can effectively zergrush with it, and so long as your kdr is better than 0.142 you're helping the team.

Bought a rocket launcher for Crimrose, suddenly I'm helping the team out a lot more already.  Amazing how quickly you can take down other air units as an air mech with rockets; unlike artillery, you can't outfly another air bot. :V
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 11:30:43 PM by Esoterica »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2010, 11:33:52 PM »
PvP takes time to get used to and learn how you need to play your bots, ie. how not to body slam into a crowd of enemies, how to camp best with your Artillery unit, how to hit and run a crowd with an air unit, and eh... never played a land unit so I dunno :V But yeah, IMHO, survivability should be the top priority in PvP, the less you die, the slower your team loses, so just learn to TAKE IT EASY and play safe.

I still need to try melee stuff sometime, thought of giving my Izuna Kamui Nagi a rapier but the Blaster + Shield combo works so well for hit and run on big crowds, and she works better just keeping her distance and spam her core ability.

And where the hell are people getting the healing bit/parts? I fail to find any :<

core ability?
Well, perhaps they get it from ranking up or doing missions. I forgot how I got mine.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2010, 12:01:59 AM »
I meant the ability/attack that comes with core part... which is actually wrong, I meant the Tail Wisp weapon that comes with Izuna Kamui BS2 part, Core comes with Vanishing Jump...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2010, 03:19:41 AM »
Repair Bits?
I think you can buy those under the Items/Other/Parts section.
I'm not entirely sure though, as my memory's fuzzy.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2010, 03:34:08 AM »
Fallen in love with Izuna Kamui and Lily Rain.  Now running Izuna/Lily/Crim for my commando.

Someone should send me an invite to the guild too.  I'm sick of getting spammed with guild requests. :<  If someone wants to shoot one my way, I'm idling in the central town area near where you get missions on channel 1, name's Suguri.