Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 211876 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Cosmic Break
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2010, 06:56:14 AM »
Blame reV for making me join. Get me through the basic startup infos pls.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2010, 07:26:38 AM »
Foolproof strategy: When you see red circles, mass click and run/jump around. If you're confident on not getting hit, hold both mouse buttons.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2010, 08:22:52 AM »
Get spammed with guild requests!? I've never gotten any! Maybe I'm too shit T_T

Unless you are artillery, mobility is the key, just keep moving and stay the FUCK away from anyone who's holding a melee weapon, otherwise just circle around your opponents if you are air or just keep flanking the motherfuckers if you are land, hit them from their blind spots. If you are an artillery, find a good camping spot and cover the battlefield with your love, be sure stay alert and get ready to run the hell away when you sense enemy closing by/trying to flank. And you should periodically check your map to see the flow of the battle and relocate yourself accordingly, nothing worse than accidentally get caught out of position and surrounded.

The above advices are for Arena PvP, Missions/Quests (vs AI) are obviously a lot easier, but the general tactics still apply.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2010, 12:26:40 PM »
Because DnF (yet again) refuses to patch and Keine told me to delete DWO, I think I might be trying this.

« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2010, 08:46:28 PM »
What's everyone equipping their air types with?  I'm not really feeling very effective with any loadout.  Currently have Crimrose equipped with...Wave Beam Gun(I think that's the name, it's the upgraded version of her default weapon)/Small Bazooka, and I win almost every air-to-air with the bazooka, but against anything else she feels weak.  Izuna Kamui has a Beam Rifle/Shotgun, and again I win a lot of air-to-air with the shotgun, but the beam rifle feels weak, and I suck at aiming it.  Had a laser equipped on her for awhile too, but again that felt weak even when I did manage to hit with the full laser.  Tried a rapier on both, but going toe-to-toe with art types doesn't usually end that well and against anything else I'd rather have a second gun.  So I'm not really sure what I should be equipping at this point. :ohdear:

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
I wanted to go melee with Izuna but the idea of having to ground myself just to hurt someone seem stupid for an air unit, it's so much more effective to circle around and shoot them from a distance. I gave my Izuna a Blaster and Viper Shield, the shield is obvious very handy and helps incredibly with survivability, the Blaster is so-so, pretty weak ass and pointless against single target but it can be somewhat useful against a crowd (as it shoots through people), but yeah, very poor burst damage, I use her Tail Wisp attack for proper damage when chasing people down and whatnot.

Though if I want more direct damage, I'd go with a grenade/mini-grenade/etc, then you can just fly overhead your opponents' army and bombard the living hell out of them.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 08:56:09 PM by reVelske »

« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2010, 08:58:50 PM »
I wanted to go melee with Izuna but the idea of having to ground myself just to hurt someone seem stupid for an air unit, it's so much more effective to circle around and shoot them from a distance. I gave my Izuna a Blaster and Viper Shield, the shield is obvious very handy and helps incredibly with survivability, the Blaster is so-so, pretty weak ass and pointless against single target but it can be somewhat useful against a crowd (as it shoots through people), but yeah, very poor burst damage, I use her Tail Wisp attack for proper damage when chasing people down and whatnot.

Though if I want more direct damage, I'd go with a grenade/mini-grenade/etc.
Tail Wisp I use for crowds or far-away/fleeing targets.  It's like both variants of Lily's Trance Skirt; close-range, it's slow and likely to miss.  Haven't tried the shield yet, I might have to give that a shot.

By the way, rapiers are much better while flying than while grounded.  On the ground, you get a single thrust.  In the air, you can follow that up with a flurry of stabs for a good chunk of extra damage.

Oh, also just remembered I was running chakrams for awhile on her too.  Infinite ammo and great damage, but the fact that they can't be aimed vertically or thrown while retreating made them too annoying to use effectively.  Still, it was hilarious to take down arts from medium range as an air type. :V

EDIT: Found this list on another forum:

UC Weapons:

Short Range:
Handy Laser
Particle Gun / Blaster
Handy Bazooka (anti-air)

Mid-Range:
Pulse Gun
Beam Gun
Wide Beam Gun

Long Range:
Musket
Izuna Kamui Nagi: Legs
Time to ditch the beam rifle.  Maybe I'll give it to Lily or I could give it to Crim alongside her bazooka and truly live up to the name Suguri
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:19:31 PM by Esoterica »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2010, 11:03:45 PM »
Handy Laser's been fun to use with Crim. Is there anything the flamethrower is good for? It seems to have a rather bad range and when I'm at that range, I'm better off just meleeing.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »
well the flamethrowers are there just to put burn status on people, not to outright beat someone into submission.

EDIT: Just gave Dual-Rapier to Izuna and took her for a test drive in Arena, good heavens, it's RIDICULOUSLY hard to aim, and unlike land units, it's hard to follow up even if you do land the hit since you need to lift yourself off first. Gonna give it a few more tries and switching back to Blaster or Mini Bazooka if it doesn't work out.

EDITEDIT: That's it, I give up, it's bad enough that you have to flank all your opponents just to get to those camping artillery units to chop up, then when you do your multi-thrust special you will inevitably get yourself grounded and get pounded by the gazillion reinforcement that comes, and it's hard to aim the rapier from air, so yeah, it's back to Blaster for me.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:00:02 AM by reVelske »

« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2010, 03:43:43 AM »
EDITEDIT: That's it, I give up, it's bad enough that you have to flank all your opponents just to get to those camping artillery units to chop up, then when you do your multi-thrust special you will inevitably get yourself grounded and get pounded by the gazillion reinforcement that comes, and it's hard to aim the rapier from air, so yeah, it's back to Blaster for me.
I didn't mean that you should actively try to flank with a rapier.  It's not easy to use, but it's saved my ass in 1v1 when I've flown around a corner and come face-to-face with a bot that wasn't on the radar.  I've managed to win air-vs-air fights with it too, though I'd attribute that more to a lack of skill on my opponent's part for not dodging the initial strike.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2010, 12:02:21 PM »
In order to add all of the features below to the game, we will be taking the servers down for maintenance from 0:00 AM to 2:00 AM (PST), Dec. 28.

New UC robots will also be added!
Additionally, all new Rt robots will be 50% OFF of their base prices until Jan. 19!

Includes:
Brickgale BLUE - 80 Rt 40 Rt
Brickgale RED - 80 Rt 40 Rt

Sharhead - 60 Rt 30 Rt
Hatigarm - 100 Rt 50 Rt
Amateus - 80 Rt 40 Rt
Bugsycait - 70 Rt 35 Rt
Domiclown - 80 Rt 40 Rt
Sturbanger - 80 Rt 40 Rt

Accel Saber GP - 16,000 UC
Helingal - 16,000 UC
Dikaros - 12,000 UC
Mach Knight One - 10,000 UC

Seraph Promotion (Black Hair) - 100,000 UC
Seraph Promotion (Blond Hair) - 100,000 UC
Seraph Promotion (Pink Hair) - 100,000 UC
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »
@Esoterica: Well the effectiveness against non-Art units seem quite pitiful, and again, being difficult to follow-up (of course, that may very well just be me being noob) makes it a whole lot less charming in my eyes, and to me, melee rely a lot on the fact that you can turn around and re-initiate a combo after your opponent is slightly stunned and disoriented from the first attack.

Gonna be keeping the Rapier for Haku fights though...

« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2010, 02:40:26 PM »
Seraph Promotion (Black Hair) - 100,000 UC
Seraph Promotion (Blond Hair) - 100,000 UC
Seraph Promotion (Pink Hair) - 100,000 UC
ohmygodohmygodohmygod yeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss

I just bought the level 5 and 8 limit breaks yesterday. :derp:

Also, bought a Tesladonna, ripped her arms off, and threw them on Izuna.  I get kind of bored with the setup and the range sucks for everything that isn't tail wisps, but the tesla coils are like unnerfed lasers and their melee attack is sexy too.  I might keep one and replace the other with something like a plasma gun or viper shield.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 02:42:32 PM by Esoterica »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »
How does one use the tail wisps? (tbh, I don't get how one has access to 3 weapons sans shift.)

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2010, 03:29:56 PM »
How does one use the tail wisps? (tbh, I don't get how one has access to 3 weapons sans shift.)
It's her other sub weapon.  Shift + click to switch.  You can't fire them without a lock-on either, but they have rridiculous range so that shouldn't be a problem.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2010, 08:00:43 PM »
Leveled up and got Jikun Long as a reward. I'm sticking with Jikun Hu, though. He's faster and stronger than my Jikun Long, and I need that speed and strength for my "get in, do damage, get out" strategies.

EDIT: Gave Jikun Long a try and liked her. Dunno who to pick, though. Hu has more STR and TEC, but Long has more FLY, TGH, and TEC.

EDIT2: Jikun Hu it is. Heard some people say Long's range is pretty bad, and I use range a LOT in Union Wars.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:31:06 PM by Eyebrow Wisp »
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2010, 03:47:01 AM »
I'm trying to use Long for her speed, but she just seems to be too fast. I keep missing melees. Maybe I suck, but eh...

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »
Isn't Jikun Hu faster than Jikun Long? Or is it just my own Jikun Hu that's faster than my Long?
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2010, 05:29:36 PM »
Did you customize either?
Weird the wiki says their Wlk is the same, with Hu sporting better strength and technique, while Long is better for flight and toughness.

EDIT: Turns out Long was faster because I gave her a cutter while I gave Hu a long sword. I think I'll stick with Long, as she seems to all for more screwups.

Also, Nanomachine gun is the greatest. Works with Crimmy, Long, Winberrl...its SS restriction is the only reason Guile's theme doesn't play whenever I run my cursor over it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:02:56 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2010, 05:49:35 PM »
Was doing the Mate request for leveling a bot to lvl.6, only realize afterwards that lvl.6 bots can't enter arena (unless I'm missing something), rather upset actually now that my Izuna has been benched (who has been doing really well in Arena, managing to not die at all most of the time whilst picking up a few good kills) and forcing me to take Winberrl out of the reserves.

So I'm guessing lvl.6+ bots are just good for epoch war/mission/quest?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:13:03 PM by reVelske »

« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »
That can't be right.  Crim needs level 10 before becoming Seraph Crim, there's no way they expect you to do that outside arena.  Maybe it's just unable to enter E-rank ones or something?

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2010, 06:13:14 PM »
I dunno, I did my level up whilst queued for an arena, and it refused to let me in because of my lvl.6 Izuna, all entries on the arena list were also marked "lvl.5 or below" (unless I'm going senile), will check again later when I log on to make sure.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2010, 06:59:21 PM »
Now using Amateus-Sturbanger-Destructor combo. I get game warrior 1 out of every 3 games I play. Arts deal the most DPS now, have to quickly have my fun before Ivis comes along.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2010, 08:31:22 PM »
Did you customize either?
Weird the wiki says their Wlk is the same, with Hu sporting better strength and technique, while Long is better for flight and toughness.
My Jikun Hu is equipped with an accelerated gun and a metal slayer.
20 STR
6 TEC
21 WLK
11 FLY
7 TGH

My Jikun Long is currently equipped with an easy rifle and a long sword.
19 STR
7 TEC
20 WLK
10 FLY
10 TGH

Dunno why my Long has more TEC than my Hu, but I plan on equipping Long with an accelerated gun and metal slayer when she gets enough cost. For now, using Jikun Hu.
EDIT: Gave Long a long sword. FLY decreased by 1.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:41:03 PM by Eyebrow Wisp »

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2010, 09:26:06 PM »
Was doing the Mate request for leveling a bot to lvl.6, only realize afterwards that lvl.6 bots can't enter arena (unless I'm missing something), rather upset actually now that my Izuna has been benched (who has been doing really well in Arena, managing to not die at all most of the time whilst picking up a few good kills) and forcing me to take Winberrl out of the reserves.

So I'm guessing lvl.6+ bots are just good for epoch war/mission/quest?

You should pay more attention to updates; they've added rooms where bots level 6 and up are restricted to give lesser players a chance.

That can't be right.  Crim needs level 10 before becoming Seraph Crim, there's no way they expect you to do that outside arena.  Maybe it's just unable to enter E-rank ones or something?

Actually, you can do it at level 8- people just wait until 10 to maximize cost capacity.

Now using Amateus-Sturbanger-Destructor combo. I get game warrior 1 out of every 3 games I play. Arts deal the most DPS now, have to quickly have my fun before Ivis comes along.

Amateus and Destructor are pretty great. Stur is going to have it tough when tuned up airs with air loop/accela roll though. Also, don't worry about Ivis; she's available at only temporary times. That combined with the re-fucking-diculous garapon prices means that even when she does come back there won't be anywhere near as many.

« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »
Actually, you can do it at level 8- people just wait until 10 to maximize cost capacity.
And HP.  Nobody wants a gimpy Seraph Crim, so you may as well consider it to be 10.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2010, 01:22:51 AM »
Well, I've been playing as both Jikun Hu and Jikun Long, liking them both equally. Hu for his WLK, TEC, higher HP and cost capacity. Long for her FLY, TGH, and the fact that she's female and says "gomen ne" whenever she kills someone.
So, what do you guys think? Should I use Jikun Hu, Jikun Long, or both?

« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2010, 03:17:21 AM »
Bought a Negatron Rifle for Izuna Kamui now that she can equip it.

Dear Lord.

The only reason you'd ever want another weapon ever is either to troll or as a dedicated tree killer to save ammo.  This thing is way too damn beastly, and you're not going  to see it on most other air types because it's large-size only.  For damage reference, this thing downs cacti in two shots.  The range and speed are ridiculous too, and if you get hyper shot at any point, things will die.  I equipped her with a rapier as her other weapon just for aesthetics.

So, what do you guys think? Should I use Jikun Hu, Jikun Long, or both?
I like Long, pretty much the only ground unit I have fun with.  Haven't tried Hu though.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2010, 03:52:31 AM »
Negatron Rifle? Gotta try that, I've given up on Mini Bazooka due to a slight range issue, still have to give Twin-Blaster some try and see if the reduction in ammo compare to Blaster will affect her all that much, Beam Machinegun is nice still but... yeah, I'd like to see what other options there are.

And yeah, I was being senile about the arena thing with lvl.6+, there are specific rooms for them it seems, maybe I'm getting too old for this shit.

And just got my Haku staff/sword after my third successful 3*Haku run, loving it. Now I just need to level up a Land to give this sword to :V

So, I assume most of you here know just how annoying it is to do Haku runs with people who has no idea, so, mind if I add some of you on friends so we can call on each other for runs?

« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2010, 04:14:19 AM »
Negatron Rifle? Gotta try that, I've given up on Mini Bazooka due to a slight range issue, still have to give Twin-Blaster some try and see if the reduction in ammo compare to Blaster will affect her all that much, Beam Machinegun is nice still but... yeah, I'd like to see what other options there are.

And yeah, I was being senile about the arena thing with lvl.6+, there are specific rooms for them it seems, maybe I'm getting too old for this shit.

And just got my Haku staff/sword after my third successful 3*Haku run, loving it. Now I just need to level up a Land to give this sword to :V

So, I assume most of you here know just how annoying it is to do Haku runs with people who has no idea, so, mind if I add some of you on friends so we can call on each other for runs?
I haven't done a Haku run at all yet, so I wouldn't know what to do either (though I know about the lolnuke).  I want that staff though. D:

The point of the mini bazooka is to use it in close range, particularly in air-to-air fights.  If you want a general-purpose air weapon, I'd recommend the Wide Beam Gun or - if you can equip it - the Plasma Gun.  Both have decent DPS and range and are easy to work with.  For close range, I like the Particle Gun; I'm fairly certain it's one of the highest-dps options at close range, and it has loads of ammo too (1400!).  Lasers are still decent too imo thanks to being undodgeable as long as you can track the opponent, but if you're going that route I'd recommend a tesladonna arm for more damage and range as well as that sexy triple-chakram melee.

Also: Black hair or pink hair for seraph?

EDIT: You shot down my friend request ;_;
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 09:24:24 AM by Esoterica »