Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 211765 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Cosmic Break
« Reply #930 on: May 14, 2011, 02:06:40 PM »
As far as I can tell (never actually used him lol), you whore Jikun Hu's melee attacks.

With Long, you play gunner and use the LG to combo into free unavoidable gun shots whenever something gets close, with W-Tackle for surprise ambushes.

Hmm...they're the same except for a slight difference in stacks and the angle the attack from though, so I imagine the strategy would be the same. Do you reccomend a specific weapon, I've been using the mini bazooka, but with your strat, I'm wondering about machine guns.

Which brings me to this point. Why do people like the 8-Vulcan so much. The regular trumps it every way except for a slight range and ammo, looking at stats. Is there some perk to using the 8-Vulcan I don't know about? I never used it, because I prefer rifles and bazookas on anything I would put them on.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #931 on: May 14, 2011, 06:52:19 PM »
Hmm...they're the same except for a slight difference in stacks and the angle the attack from though, so I imagine the strategy would be the same. Do you reccomend a specific weapon, I've been using the mini bazooka, but with your strat, I'm wondering about machine guns.

Which brings me to this point. Why do people like the 8-Vulcan so much. The regular trumps it every way except for a slight range and ammo, looking at stats. Is there some perk to using the 8-Vulcan I don't know about? I never used it, because I prefer rifles and bazookas on anything I would put them on.
The LG combo and tackle both work completely diffferently between the two.  Hu's tackle is a straightforward tackle and his LG combo is a typical melee spam-until-dead move.  Long's tackle is an invincible teleport behind an opponent, and her LG combo flips them into the air, which makes melee stunlocks impossible but makes them food for gun shots.

8-Vulcan has more range and fires two streams of bullets at once.  It's by far the best vulcan.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #932 on: May 14, 2011, 08:19:08 PM »
Which in turn makes Long a better gunner than her brother.
Suggested Gun Types:
  • Machinegun(Nano and Sub work well, Rage if you can fit it on and don't mind using too much of the stock parts)
  • Shotgun(For bosses)

Of course, those are just my personal picks.
Boost into the enemy with the tackle, knock 'em sky high with the kicks, then burst 'em down with twin machineguns!
Quite effective if you can time it right, most Airs won't last too long against it if you can catch 'em off guard.
Of course, the higher end ones like Thoarla, Tesla, and such are a bit more durable. And as such, less likely to go down.
Artillery types will also be sitting ducks for it.

How do I know this? I've used Long quite a bit. Hu too.
One could say that they're my mains. Long moreso than Hu though, and I'm more likely to use Thoarla or the Destructor CN you start with than either of them.
Though Long's the one I generally live longest with, by virtue of being my fastest bot.
Though I'm looking to get better parts for my Thoarla so she can fly better.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #933 on: May 14, 2011, 09:47:31 PM »
Which in turn makes Long a better gunner than her brother.
Suggested Gun Types:
  • Machinegun(Nano and Sub work well, Rage if you can fit it on and don't mind using too much of the stock parts)
  • Shotgun(For bosses)

Of course, those are just my personal picks.
Boost into the enemy with the tackle, knock 'em sky high with the kicks, then burst 'em down with twin machineguns!
Quite effective if you can time it right, most Airs won't last too long against it if you can catch 'em off guard.
Of course, the higher end ones like Thoarla, Tesla, and such are a bit more durable. And as such, less likely to go down.
Artillery types will also be sitting ducks for it.

How do I know this? I've used Long quite a bit. Hu too.
One could say that they're my mains. Long moreso than Hu though, and I'm more likely to use Thoarla or the Destructor CN you start with than either of them.
Though Long's the one I generally live longest with, by virtue of being my fastest bot.
Though I'm looking to get better parts for my Thoarla so she can fly better.

After playing with 8-Vulcans for a bit, I think I like bazookas better. Too many AIRs man.

EDIT: nvm, 8-Vulcans are too fun to quit. Also, AIRs are becoming boring to me I fear. My Crimroses are only used for questing now. How do you guys shake things up for AIRs? Out of my AIRs Baltheon gets most use, but I feel he doesn't count. He's more of a support to me,
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:26:23 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #934 on: May 15, 2011, 12:13:24 AM »
Is the Lightning Gun on the Weekly Gara Thoarla good? I've been waiting for that Thoarla to be available again and I want to use two of those on my Baltheon since I couldn't get Gwain's AM2.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #935 on: May 15, 2011, 02:07:11 AM »
Is the Lightning Gun on the Weekly Gara Thoarla good? I've been waiting for that Thoarla to be available again and I want to use two of those on my Baltheon since I couldn't get Gwain's AM2.

It's fucking wonderful, speed/range tune it and you can happily snipe away at things.

How do you guys shake things up for AIRs?

I dunno, Air is pretty entertaining for me as long as it's not a wisp spam or wing spam build, between AG, TBG, railgunners, EVE, Albatreos and Amateus, there are more than enough hazardous things to dive at when you want to spice things up.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #936 on: May 15, 2011, 04:44:27 AM »
Real quick question: What do you prefer, a Buckler or a Viper shield? And why?
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #937 on: May 15, 2011, 12:39:09 PM »
Viper Shield if I have the cost to waste, Buckler otherwise.

My fully tuned Medi Aide and Nicole sport Bucklers.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #938 on: May 15, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
Real quick question: What do you prefer, a Buckler or a Viper shield? And why?

From what I've heard, bucklers are better in every way unless you have a large bot. They both have 70 hp and the hitboxs are very similar.

Also, any suggestions for my 8-Vulcan Shino? Right now she has a stock BS, a pair of Byne AM2s, Mach Knight legs and a Custom Magnum(used to be a Viper, but too many times, my Vulcan arm would get destroyed.)

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #939 on: May 15, 2011, 05:11:53 PM »
From what I've heard, bucklers are better in every way unless you have a large bot. They both have 70 hp and the hitboxs are very similar.
This.

EDIT: My new favorite bot's build is now complete. \o/

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 01:49:15 PM by Esoterica »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #940 on: May 16, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »
Oh God. His name made me lose it.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #941 on: May 18, 2011, 03:16:38 AM »
Here's another question. What makes dual pepens useful, to the point I would take it over a slayer?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #942 on: May 18, 2011, 04:12:23 AM »
Dual Pepen can work kind of like a poor man's spike bit for arts, since the pepens have solid knockback, allowing them to repel melee.  It also DPSes better than slayer vs Haku for air/art.

...that's about it.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #943 on: May 19, 2011, 12:47:11 AM »
I honestly have no idea why, but I really, really want to give my Laz boost run. Re-read Suguri's guide, said it was up to me but could end up unuseful. My Laz is at 25 WLK right now, and I'm fine with it, but it wouldn't hurt to get WLK to 30. Still want boost run, though. I'll probably test it out on another bot, see if I like it.
Here's my cart build plan for Laz RUSH:
x7 capa (have 5 of 7)
Sway (have)
Tough runner (?)
Boost run (if not, soul eater)

What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:50:33 AM by Soot Sprite »
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #944 on: May 19, 2011, 02:20:45 AM »
I was trying to get enough Rt for a x5 Weekly gara roll, but since I've been too busy this week I wasn't able to do enough offers so I did a few x1 rolls. I got a Silver Gwain who has an Auto Beam Rifle. I managed to get his fly to 31 untuned but I had to get rid of most of his silver parts to achieve that. BTW, is his core weapon good?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #945 on: May 19, 2011, 03:34:29 AM »
Ugh...Lily Rain...how do you work?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #946 on: May 19, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »
Form what I can tell from the forums, the Royal Gara is the worst gara ever. The gold ball rates are even worse than Sugoi and there's barely any non-gold prizes. And people say that Elisalotte and Melfi aren't that good either.

EDIT: I think the Royal Gara is might be the first gara I don't want to roll for, even with free Rt
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:48:10 PM by Admiral Skye »

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #947 on: May 19, 2011, 01:53:23 PM »
Eager to get home and check out the full content of royal and weekly gara, especially to see if the weekly bots are carrying slotted accessories and 3s weapons, unlikely to charge up and roll for anything though. Mel seems interesting but not enough for me to gamble for, rolling gara for a single bot is never worth it.

Also, accessory cube from crim shop, DO WANT. Wonder what ridiculous price it has though... and I just wasted 10k crim points last night on 20 green chips, only to fail a great rapid tune and lose all of them + harmonics delta + slot protector omega at 85% T_T
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:56:41 PM by reVelske »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #948 on: May 19, 2011, 01:57:22 PM »
Some cubes cost 5000 points, others 8000 points

EDIT:
rolling gara for a single bot is never worth it.
with the new gara, you shouldn't roll even if you want any gold bot.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:57:56 PM by Admiral Skye »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #949 on: May 19, 2011, 08:54:24 PM »
rolling gara for a single bot is never worth it.

Which is why I've only rolled gara once, and that was chibi gara.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #950 on: May 19, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »
Which is why I've only rolled gara once, and that was chibi gara.

Even the chibi gara can troll you. I wasted 150Rt on it trying to get something that's not Koko.

Speaking of chibis, I wish they made a chibi Elisa.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #951 on: May 20, 2011, 12:24:11 AM »
Even the chibi gara can troll you. I wasted 150Rt on it trying to get something that's not Koko.

Speaking of chibis, I wish they made a chibi Elisa.

Bathing Suit Koko  :colonveeplusalpha:

I learned my lesson.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #952 on: May 21, 2011, 12:16:08 AM »
Recently I've been doing quests (mostly Berz) to try and get me a buckler, but I've had no luck so far. I heard Haku 3* drops a lot but is very hard. What do you guys think?

Also, do want Elisa... or not. Maybe I'll convince my parents to let me buy RT when Ivis-gara (?) comes out.

« Reply #953 on: May 21, 2011, 04:50:07 AM »
Haku is by far the easiest boss.  3* haku can be solo'd with a pair of lv1 beezles as long as you know what you're doing.

Also Elisa is very very very bad.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #954 on: May 21, 2011, 05:24:46 AM »
Im expecting a huge buff on Elisa next week, since Tempura said Aquila Girl and Mighty Byne Girl got a buff because they weren't as OP as Toybox Girl in the last GM radio, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with her seeing as she is more rare.

Spoiler:
He actually said they didnt stand out as much as Toybox Girl but since they decided to buff them instead of nerfing Toybox then that seems like the reason they did it.

« Reply #955 on: May 21, 2011, 07:22:28 AM »
She needs (at least) one of several things, imo:

- More aura ammo
- More capacity, same max cost
- All-around damage buff
- Aura stat buffs improved (+4 wlk +5 fly is both bizarre and mostly unhelpful)
- More non-aura wlk/fly
- Shield Bit should rotate like spike bit

She reminds me a lot of a watered down Ouka that's forced into special conditions to be able to work, and is forced to use her extremely unsafe gimmick attack to stay effective.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #956 on: May 21, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »
Ahahaha, oh wow.

Spoiler:
Its funny because its true.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #957 on: May 21, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »
PfffffffDAHAHAHHAAHAAHHA

Soooooo~ After doing the Princess and Archer mission a few times, I like boost run, but it's best for melee bots. Not going to give it to my Laz. I still want a bot with boost run, so maybe I'll make a mostly melee Jikun and give it boost run.

Spoiler:
Also, how late am I on realizing that these moebots will forever be virgins?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #958 on: May 21, 2011, 10:20:04 PM »
PfffffffDAHAHAHHAAHAAHHA

Soooooo~ After doing the Princess and Archer mission a few times, I like boost run, but it's best for melee bots. Not going to give it to my Laz. I still want a bot with boost run, so maybe I'll make a mostly melee Jikun and give it boost run.

Spoiler:
Also, how late am I on realizing that these moebots will forever be virgins?

Meh. It works as long as you're careful. Now if only I could stop running into walls and boxes. I'm almost tempted to give my Maril quick Jump.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #959 on: May 22, 2011, 04:42:29 AM »
I'm starting to have dreams about this game. Last night I had a dream about the Space Core from Portal 2 somehow ending up in the Cosmic Ark.
What the hell?