Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 211582 times)

Re: Cosmic Break
« Reply #540 on: February 20, 2011, 08:40:51 PM »
I figured out how C.S. Explosion's damage is calculated today.

• As far as calculations are concerned, the explosion itself can be treated as a 60-force Blast Bazooka.  100% blast damage, x2.3 damage in its entirety to airs (effectively 138 base force).
  • Damage DOES use tec.
  • The impact of HP is actually a multiplier based off of the percentage of your remaining HP compared to max HP.  The exact formula for the multiplier is 1+((current HP/max HP)/2).
  • 40 TEC C.S. with full HP will do 306 damage to an air from the front.

Still hesitant to tune for tec though, since that ruins her effectiveness in actual supporting.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #541 on: February 21, 2011, 12:27:43 AM »
I want a Misty Hollow, she looks so much fun. But my parents won't let me buy RT because they say I'm not satisfied with my life right now. Now, the only thing I'm not satisfied with in my life is my unstable Internet. Honest.
I would take some surveys to get me some RT but some of them are for 16 or 18+ only. :(

You can always use false information, that's what everyone else does.

Maybe I'll test it against Haku, see if I can attack through the fence like I can with the kamui staff.

In other news, I got a maril March Trill. Fun bot.

Tried. Damascus Blade did not piece the Haku Barrier. Niether did the Halberd. Maybe the Kamui Staff is the weird one.

Also, I was looking at the UC Gara, and noticed how ridiculously bloated it was. That gave me an idea. Remember how I said we need a tuning Garapon? Well, why not reformat UC Gara 1 into it. After all, why else would someone use it? Gold's are near impossible to get there, I have gotten a gold 3 times out of my 100 rolls, so I'm not going for that. Wonderbits not in the shop? UC Gara 2 completely outclasses it. Random accessories? Few of them have status effects, and UC Gara 2 outclasses it there too. That only leaves chips and various tuning materials, so here's an idea.
l
Put the slotlessKoko Gaap in the shop. Make her about I dunno...30k UC? Sounds fair to me, if a little on the expensive side. The gold accessories(Mini-Lily,Mini-Crim, Ouka hair thing) can be given slots and put in UC Gara 2 with the other acessories in the bronze level. Most of the wonderbits(silver-level) are in UC gara 2. The ones that aren't(only the Long Range Unit and the Propeller) can be put in the wonder bit shop. How many people use Propeller bits? I've only seen them used for Frac. I have never seen the long-range bit outside of chibi circles, so I don't think they're overpowered in anyway. The misc. accessories can be be put into the shop, as few of them are stat-changers. If the ones that are can't be in the shop, put them in UC gara 2, though I feel that would become too bloated after this.

Now that everything not tuning-related has been taken out, this will be what is put in. In the bronze area, are the level 2 cosmos(fudara and twode), alpha catalyer, rainbow chips. a In the silver level, you would find the level 3 cosmos(Midoro and threed), the beta catalyzer, and the alpha slot protector.They're rt I know, but I'm pretty sure the loss will be minimal, as I doubt too many people spend their hard-earned rt on tuning material. The gold level, would have the level 4 cosmos(Yoguru and Fourda), the gamma catalyer, and the omega slot protector.

The not-mentioned tune-material would go in the red and blue zones. The level ones cosmos would be red, along with the chips, with the misc stuff being blue. The chips would come in bunches of 2-3 and the misc tuneup stuff would come in bunches of 5. That still makes the garapon rather bottom-heavy though. So, perhaps the misc materials would be cycled out every so often(have around 5 misc. materials and cycle them out with each maintenence period.) If people are being left out because their item isn't in the garapon, they can give them to Crimrose, at least, they should be able to.

Crimrose's exchange are terrible as is. 400 pts for a chip is a lot when you need around 10 of them for a tuneup, assuming there's a 100% rate of success, which is being really generous, considering your average tuneup has around a 40-50 rate of success. My proposal is that Crim's prices are cut to 25% of what they are now. If some gets 5x an item they don't need from the reformed gara, they can exchange it for 3-4 of the item they want. If there's worry about it being too cheap the UC fee could be increased to balance it out.

There's my idea. The current UC gara 1 sucks, and the tune-up gara idea isn't new, so lets remake UC gara 1 into a tuneup gara, because that's basically what it was, as tune-up parts are you would get 90% of the time you do it.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #542 on: February 21, 2011, 01:02:39 AM »
Most of the wonderbits(silver-level) are in UC gara 2. The ones that aren't(only the Long Range Unit and the Propeller) can be put in the wonder bit shop
Wait, really?

Damn.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #543 on: February 21, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »
Wait, really?

Damn.

Yeah, they aren't in UC gara  2, Haven't used them much though I've amassed about 127 of them.

I really wish CB had a trading system. I have about 3 Damascus Knifes and really want some volcano grenades. Preferably slotted, because they look like something I want to tune for speed.

I'm probably an idiot for not asking until now, but what exactly does enhancing the internal weapon do? The description is extremely vague.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #544 on: February 21, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »
Enhances the stats, such as speed, force ammo capacity, etc.

« Reply #545 on: February 21, 2011, 10:00:13 PM »
It varies not only by bot, but cart number as well.  For example, Thoarla's internals increase force by 1 and ammo by 10 for Jupitizer.  All four of Destructor Girl's give +1 force, but int only decreases on the even numbered carts, speed only increases on the odd numbered carts, and range's increase doubles on the 3rd cart (and ammo does something too).

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #546 on: February 21, 2011, 10:23:45 PM »
It varies not only by bot, but cart number as well.  For example, Thoarla's internals increase force by 1 and ammo by 10 for Jupitizer.  All four of Destructor Girl's give +1 force, but int only decreases on the even numbered carts, speed only increases on the odd numbered carts, and range's increase doubles on the 3rd cart (and ammo does something too).

Jeez. I should prolly make a few requests on the forums.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #547 on: February 22, 2011, 04:42:17 AM »
I think I might have been banned from Super Rewards and Peanut Labs Media for masking my IP. I get no offers or surveys at all from Super Rewards and the purchase Rt screen isn't there either. And if I choose any offer from Peanut Labs I get a screen that says we had enough participants for this offer. As if I didn't have enough reason to hate the free Rt offers already.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #548 on: February 23, 2011, 04:36:29 AM »
How many times have I said this game needs player shops? I'm willing to sell every last one of my tuneup materials and extra wonder bits to get myself some UC.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #549 on: February 24, 2011, 01:01:25 AM »
I got clan matches for those that missed 'em - MSP vs. Snowflake & Hotglue vs. friendcircle.

More to come, if I'm lucky/the next matches don't take twenty years to start. :V

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #550 on: February 24, 2011, 02:36:21 AM »
How many times have I said this game needs player shops? I'm willing to sell every last one of my tuneup materials and extra wonder bits to get myself some UC.

I know right? I have 6 beam machineguns, 8 rage machine guns, 3 damascus knives, and no volcano grenades.you

btw, do you guys still get more bronze than silver? I've gotten 3 Damascus knives, 2 plasma guns, box missiles, and a drum machine gun; while the only bronze items I have a Hana Kazashi and a Chinese Crown. I even have more golds, boasting 2 snow vulture BSs, 2 Vulture BSs, and a sand worm LG. I've been rolling the past few times for the bronze stuff too.
To top it off, I decided to go to UC gara 1, hoping for gold, and guess what type of metal I got?   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:20:47 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #551 on: February 25, 2011, 01:43:27 AM »
Did a Frac run with some clanmates. Thought it would give me some really good UC, but I only got 600 or so. FUUUUUUUUUUU
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

« Reply #552 on: February 25, 2011, 02:34:08 AM »
Did a Frac run with some clanmates. Thought it would give me some really good UC, but I only got 600 or so. FUUUUUUUUUUU
Sounds like you did 1*.

2* yields about 1.5k.

3* I don't even know, I've never done a successful 3*.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #553 on: February 25, 2011, 02:54:24 AM »
Sounds like you did 1*.

2* yields about 1.5k.

3* I don't even know, I've never done a successful 3*.
What do you think is faster, though? Frac runs or arena? :U

« Reply #554 on: February 25, 2011, 03:06:53 AM »
What do you think is faster, though? Frac runs or arena? :U
Depends on the party.  With hacibob we can do 2* frac in 10 min for 1.6k and consistently better items than arena.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #555 on: February 27, 2011, 05:25:31 PM »
THIS THREAD MUST NOT DIE!
Also, what the heck is happening? One day, ch2 was the most popular channel. Then ch3, then back to ch1. Has the "channel 2 garapon luck" run out?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #556 on: February 27, 2011, 10:56:38 PM »
Perhaps it's because they lifted the questing restriction?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #558 on: February 28, 2011, 08:38:14 AM »
Blast Bazooka on my first roll.

:smug:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #560 on: February 28, 2011, 11:58:05 PM »
Decided to try to get 1800 on Lily Rain EVE. Tis hard. Psyguns are a bitch to aim and steroid bots completely screw me up.

EDIT: Just barely squeaked by. 1815.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:44:23 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #561 on: March 01, 2011, 08:18:42 AM »
So...how 'bout those proto arks?

I tried to solo the first one, that pinkish-purple butterfly one.
...Didn't go well.

Think any of you guys could lend a hand sometime?
Doesn't matter if i get the low-end loots, I just wanna beat the dang thing.
Of course...nobody's forcing ya to, you don't have to if ya don't want.

Just be forewarned, my only major source of damage on it is my ART's all-fire, which only dings it for about 80-100.....
All I used was the frame and wind memories......why did it go so poorly.....?

Also, to let you guys know why I asked you and not some random pick-up-group is exactly that.
I trust you lot a lot more than some randoms.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:50:01 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #562 on: March 01, 2011, 09:08:03 AM »
Use dual shotguns and make sure all your bots are wielding dual shotguns. If any of your bots are support, give them the burst fire wonder bit.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #563 on: March 01, 2011, 11:00:07 AM »
I certainly don't mind helping out, seeing how we don't have that much of a timezone difference (unless your profile lies about your local time, which is GMT+0 as far as I can tell, I'm on GMT+2), let me know what time is convenient for you and I'll make a plan (sometime in the evening of course, or early morning).

I suppose I could try summarize a few points about each of the runs.

Berz (giant bee)

Equipment: 2 x Shotgun/Blaster type weapons, Shotgun/Custom Shotgun preferable.
WB: Burst Fire Bit on your support bot (increase attack speed for you and your teammates, speeds up the fight by a lot); WB doesn't matter much for non-supports, but Blaster bit if you really want to maximize your dps.
Bot Types: Anything goes assuming they aren't slow as hell as you will need to chase after Berz for 2*/3* (maybe even 1*, not sure).
General Strat: Find a good spot, settle down and burst his ass down, WB whenever possible, give Burst Fire to teammates whenever possible, learn his dive/AoE/bomb animations so you can anticipate and avoid them in time. He will travel from/to different locations on the map during 2* and 3* after a set amount of time, you need to learn these locations and learn the correct route to take to reach him. This is absolutely vital for 2* and 3* as you want to minimize the downtime from chasing after him, as he will try regen his life once he has reached his new location and left unharassed.

1*: Can be soloed and dualed with reasonable ease, I think.
2*: Easy with three skilled players. Probably slight of a challenge for two players. Might not be soloable.
3*: Pretty fucking difficult, you'd want a full party of skilled players and plenty of burst firing, and pray that he doesn't troll you.

Frac (ball of ice)

Equipment: 2xShotgun/Blaster type weapons for Air, 2xBlaster type weapons for Support.
WB: Propeller Bits for Air (essential), Burst Fire bit for Support
Bot Types: Air and Support, NO EXCEPTION. Support is pretty hard to do Frac with also, as it takes a lot of time to climb back up the platform if you do get knocked down from there, but Burst Fire bit can make a big difference for the rest of your team.
General Strat: Fight through waves of trash first, then climb the platforms to deal with the boss himself. He will continuously fire small beam bolts at you, they can easily be jumped over/dodged if you keep your eyes open, if you are propellered and circle strafing Frac, they generally will not hit you (though you will need to keep your eyes out for random stray shots aimed at other people and try not fly into them). This gets a lot more tricky when Frac is on low health as there will be many other sources of death to worry about. Regardless, you don't want to be hit by them as they hurt like hell and will likely break something. periodically, he fires a big green beam and rotate slowly, move the hell along to avoid it. After he is dropped to about 50% and 20% (I think, can't remember the exact numbers, hell, not even sure if he does it at all for 1*), he shields himself, breaks some of his platforms and create a few sentries/pillars/towers/objects/whatever you want to call them around the map (look at your minimap for their locations, they have a different icon to the trash mobs), destroy them to deactivate his shield. When you are busy with that whilst he's on 20%, he will fire off a nuke before he unshields himself, get up the platforms to avoid being hit by it. At low HP, he will fire slow homing orbs at you that will apply slow status on you when hit, try avoid them of course. He will also make some platforms detonate periodically, you will see small sparks lighting up around some of the platforms, once all the sparks of a platform light up, it does a blast attack that WILL kill you if you are on it, so fly off them before they do.

So, try avoid his shit whilst dealing damage to him. Air can propeller up and circle strafe him whilst shotgunning his ass (try adjust your distancing to get the most damaging distance for your shotgun), blaster users can stand at the platforms and fire at him from a distance, shotgunners can do the same thing on some specific platforms as well if I recall correctly.

1*: Should be soloable, but with some difficulty.
2*: recommend 4 skilled players at the very least, 3 players with Frac might be possible, but probably is one hell of a challenge.
3*: Bring 5 skilled players, don't fuck around. This thing is batshit crazy.

Haku (Nine-taled Fox)

Equipment: 1x Shotgun type weapon + 1x 3way Dagger/Comination Dagger(gara weapon). NOT EXCEPTION. (Eso would probably argue that, but yeah sure, once you are pro enough against Haku you can go with other options, don't worry about anything else yet) Also bring some other forms of direct melee interegrated weapon. eg. Ace Braver AM, Red Squealer AM, Shino AM2.
WB: Dual 3way Dagger Bit for Land, Slayer Bit for Air.
Bot Types: Preferably Land, Air works too (especially with Trap phase) but Land is a lot more mauverable in most cases and able to equip dual 3way, and dual 3way bit makes a HUUGE difference.

Oh and be sure that you have Packet activated, as happy as possible and with her Trap Sight ability selected.

General Strat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rt5sBkDMlE&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:55:10 PM by reVelske »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #564 on: March 01, 2011, 12:45:17 PM »
So shotguns are essentially it's weakpoint?
Never would've guessed, that thing takes a lot of punishment, even on1*.
As for time, it's about as right as it'll be.
Whenever we're on CB at the same time eh?
I may as well give it another go, this time with shotguns.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #565 on: March 01, 2011, 01:35:16 PM »
Berz
1*: Can be soloed and dualed with reasonable ease, I think.
2*: Easy with three skilled players. Probably slight of a challenge for two players. Might not be soloable.
3*: Pretty fucking difficult, you'd want a full party of skilled players and plenty of burst firing, and pray that he doesn't troll you.

Frac
1*: Should be soloable, but with some difficulty.
2*: recommend 4 skilled players at the very least, 3 players with Frac might be possible, but probably is one hell of a challenge.
3*: Bring 5 skilled players, don't fuck around. This thing is batshit crazy.
Berz 1* is definitely soloable with very little effort, if you shell out $10 for x2 asura amj you can take him out in six minutes flat without a party.  2*'s a bit more durable, but I'm quite certain you can still squash him with 15-18 min left in that case.

Fractulus is identical to Berzelius as far as I'm aware in terms of durability, but the fact that Frac has multiple attack phases slows the fight down no matter how quickly you can destroy them; a good party can destroy 2* berz at the same time you'd be starting Frac's true form.  Frac 3* is SCARY SHIT though, whereas 3* Berz just requires a team that isn't DEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRP.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #566 on: March 01, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »
So shotguns are essentially it's weakpoint?

Not so much their weakpoint, but it's one of the highest dps weapon around when you are able to land all your bullets, and because the bosses are so frigging huge, you WILL be able to land all your bullets.

And it's pretty hard to track people down when you don't have them on your friend list, not sure what channel they on and where they are, guess I'll try send you tells to see if you are around when I'm on, your player name is Hanzo, right?

----

Anyhow, tried to re-tune my Izuna this morning to optimize things a little (decided to buy the Rt Izuna just for her 2 slotted legs), so I was trying to do a Proto boost tune (100% success rate by default) on the 3rd slot of a mach knight AM (80% success rate), gave it a harmonic, thought to myself "no fucking way I can fail a 90% chance tune" so didn't bother to waste a slot protector, instant fucking fail. Now I don't have any more 3 slot Mach Knight AMs left to tune and it's basically two Proto cosmo ALPHA more or less wasted (since another one was already on that AM), FML.

Eso~ Send me some Mach Knight AMs please when you see them~
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:18:02 PM by reVelske »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #567 on: March 01, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »
Is there any way to get the Proto Cosmos or is it just the rank-up rewards for circle heros?

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #568 on: March 01, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »
Only from rank up as far as I can tell, jp wiki suggests that too.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #569 on: March 01, 2011, 07:29:55 PM »
Yeah, it's Hanzo.

Shelling out cash for parts isn't in the cards right now though....but when i get a chance, I'll try it.
Asura AMJ huh? I'll look into those.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!