Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 211877 times)

Formless God

Re: Cosmic Break (FIRST FANART CONTEST 01/12 to 02/17 11PM PST!!)
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2011, 08:29:47 AM »
I apologize for my heinous act. See title post.
I haven't touched this since OB, but this is, um, relevant to my interests :ohdear:
is it okay if I don't have an IGN ?

« Reply #301 on: January 17, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
I haven't touched this since OB, but this is, um, relevant to my interests :ohdear:
is it okay if I don't have an IGN ?
For this, you can borrow my IGN if you want. :derp:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2011, 09:22:28 PM »
Glass burners are actually great anti-melee weapons, you know.  Jikuns can't aim whatsoever when they're on fire. :V

Hmmm....Maybe it was the lasers that were terribad.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #303 on: January 17, 2011, 11:39:56 PM »
Hmmm....Maybe it was the lasers that were terribad.
Yeah, lasers got nerfed.  Some are still good (Tesladonna's Thunder Laser comes to mind), but the dps is less-than-stellar, and they don't track as well as they used to.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #304 on: January 18, 2011, 12:02:03 AM »
I've got to ask. How many Haku attempts did it take you guys to get the Kamui staff. I've beat him at least 10 times by now and all I've got to show for it is a blank staff(all attempts were 3*.)

Also, dumped a good 16k UC in Garapon and the only gold prize I have is a mini Lily White.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #305 on: January 18, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »
I gave my Jikun two armor breakers and started using him for sniping. If I fire both of his armor breakers I can do 50 damage or more. Now I place more often in the top 10 in union wars matches. I tried sniping with my Lily Rain, didn't do so well, dunno why. Didn't try sniping with trollberrl yet, though.

Also, you can use UC in the Garapon? Didn't know that. Oh well. Off to play some more~
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

« Reply #306 on: January 18, 2011, 12:58:14 AM »
I've got to ask. How many Haku attempts did it take you guys to get the Kamui staff. I've beat him at least 10 times by now and all I've got to show for it is a blank staff(all attempts were 3*.)

Also, dumped a good 16k UC in Garapon and the only gold prize I have is a mini Lily White.
First attempt for me, but I got extremely lucky.  It took me about 100 berz runs for a stardust cannon, and I still haven't even found a scout rifle from him.

And I assume you mean Lily Rain. :V

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #307 on: January 18, 2011, 01:02:42 AM »
Lmao, I want to rename my Lily Rain "Lily Black," but then people would think I'm racist and gang up on me.
So, I named my Jikun "Your Face," my Winberrl "Trollberrl," and my Lily "This is a pen."
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #308 on: January 18, 2011, 02:58:43 AM »
First attempt for me, but I got extremely lucky.  It took me about 100 berz runs for a stardust cannon, and I still haven't even found a scout rifle from him.

I keep getting them confused all the time. I wonder if there's a skin for that yet. What's so great about the stardust cannon and scout rifle anyway. Do they look anywhere as cool as the Haku staff?

Lmao, I want to rename my Lily Rain "Lily Black," but then people would think I'm racist and gang up on me.
So, I named my Jikun "Your Face," my Winberrl "Trollberrl," and my Lily "This is a pen."

Don't worry about that. You're just being paranoid. I haven't given any names, though. Might name my frogger derplander, but that's it. All the fun seems to be in descriptions.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #309 on: January 18, 2011, 03:42:04 AM »
I keep getting them confused all the time. I wonder if there's a skin for that yet. What's so great about the stardust cannon and scout rifle anyway. Do they look anywhere as cool as the Haku staff?
Stardust cannon is a laser cannon that functions pretty much like an LL-size laser bazooka for airs.  In short, you basically become a flying art with one equipped. :V  Scout rifles are, as far as I'm aware, rapid-fire versions of the regular rifle.  More dakka, etc.

And unlike the Kamui Staff, they're actually useful. :getdown:

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #310 on: January 18, 2011, 04:31:58 AM »
Stardust cannons are among the most annoying weapons in the game when you're on the receiving end. Can't wait to get one for my Baltheon (he's seriously been collecting dust).

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #311 on: January 18, 2011, 04:35:53 AM »
Lately I've seen an influx of weapons where they produce a blue flash followed by a chunk of damage. Anyone recognize that weapon?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #312 on: January 18, 2011, 04:36:48 AM »
Started tuning up my Tesladonna.

[attach=1]

This is what I got before I ran out of chips.  What's the best way to farm red and yellow chips?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #313 on: January 18, 2011, 04:54:21 AM »
IIRC, most of my chips were gotten out of garapon.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #314 on: January 18, 2011, 05:02:17 AM »
IIRC, most of my chips were gotten out of garapon.
Well that won't do.  Garapon's too expensive and unreliable to effectively farm chips from.

Hopefully they can drop in arcantus, I need to look for a slotted (snow) vulture bs.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #315 on: January 18, 2011, 05:37:32 AM »
Well that won't do.  Garapon's too expensive and unreliable to effectively farm chips from.

Hopefully they can drop in arcantus, I need to look for a slotted (snow) vulture bs.

Maybe Crimrose's shop? I'm looking for catalyzers, and unfortunately, I can't find too many without rt.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #316 on: January 18, 2011, 05:38:29 AM »
Maybe Crimrose's shop?
For like, 400 points per. >_>

Apparently arcantus farming is my best bet.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »
And unlike the Kamui Staff, they're actually useful. :getdown:

Kamui Staff hater >:x

No matter how much you love your Halberd, Kamui still has, IMHO, the largest AoE of all the melee weapons I've seen. You should put it on your Squealer and take him for a test drive at enemy PS whilst people are huddling around for some healing.

And yeah, annoying flashing blue lights, ooooh I'm just happily flying around harassing people, oooooh there's that guy over there charging up some cann-*BOOM* ow!

And what's up with those cannon that shoots and creates a big purple sphere?

But still, nothing is more annoying than Oukas. Them god damn perma-stunlock! *foams* Jikuns got NOTHING on them and they make trollberrls look like niceberrls, think I should call them Troullka from now on.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:20:00 AM by reVelske »

« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2011, 01:26:21 PM »
Kamui Staff hater >:x

No matter how much you love your Halberd, Kamui still has, IMHO, the largest AoE of all the melee weapons I've seen. You should put it on your Squealer and take him for a test drive at enemy PS whilst people are huddling around for some healing.
I don't even use a halberd anymore :V  Slash Blade 4 lyfe yo

And what's up with those cannon that shoots and creates a big purple sphere?
I forgot what this is, someone told me yesterday though >_>  Saggitary Maxis II, I think?

Quote from: reVelske
But still, nothing is more annoying than Oukas. Them god damn perma-stunlock! *foams* Jikuns got NOTHING on them and they make trollberrls look like niceberrls, think I should call them Troullka from now on.
I'm still not sure how Ouka is giving you *that* much trouble. :getdown:

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »
Because there is always one hiding somewhere when my Izuna either land to recharge Boost (even at what seems to be the safest places) or get shotdown, then they'd pop out of nowhere, stunlock you till you are dead or ran away with most of your limbs and health missing. They love me. They are always there for me. They will never give me up. They will never let me down. They will never turn around and not hurt me. Hell, I can't even do SURPRISE-SLAYER-BIT-SUICIDE-DIVE-ON-YOUR-ARTS'-BEHINDS-MOTHERFUCKERS anymore with my Izuna, because THERE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE OUKA. THERE. WAITING. FOR ME.

And they stunlock my Squealer whilst I tear shit up, hell, "high TGH? FUCK YOUR TGH I DON'T CARE I'LL STUNLOCK YOU LIKE THE LITTLE A.MAID YOU ARE." Machineguns and vulcans? Pfft, I can tank those. Trollberrls? I'll slice their head off whilst they have me bound. But Oukas? Oh look I'm stunlocked again guess I should just stop frankly smashing my keyboard foolishly hoping I can actually escape that crap.

/rant
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:06:47 PM by reVelske »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2011, 04:07:43 PM »
I thought I would give Large Arts a try. However Destuctor seems rather boring. My Lily already has a bazooka. Are there any UC bots with built-in missiles?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »
I thought I would give Large Arts a try. However Destuctor seems rather boring. My Lily already has a bazooka. Are there any UC bots with built-in missiles?
For arts, Destructor's about as good as it gets for LOL MISSILE RAPE.  Try Destructor CN with Misside AM holding Box Missiles, your opinion will change very, very quickly.

Almost every art that isn't mecha musume has at least one part with integrated missiles or bazookas, though.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2011, 09:01:44 PM »
For arts, Destructor's about as good as it gets for LOL MISSILE RAPE.  Try Destructor CN with Misside AM holding Box Missiles, your opinion will change very, very quickly.

Almost every art that isn't mecha musume has at least one part with integrated missiles or bazookas, though.
Will do.
Just finished a Haku run. Killed him with 1 second left on the clock. :V

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2011, 04:19:36 AM »
How to make an instant melee build.

1. Remove bot's arms
2. Add two Ace Braver arms
3. Play as normal, but whenever someone comes near you, right click
4. ???
5. You know the rest.

Also, Arcantus drop parts make tuning with UC-only relatively easy, imo.  The only things I worry about bombing a tune on are my one set of 3-slot laz legs (because my 2-slot legs somehow vanished completely), and irreplaceable parts with specific functions like Winberyl AM and Tesladonna AM3.  Anything without an integrated weapon can pretty much be replaced by any 2-slot arcantus drop, though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:56:12 AM by Esoterica »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2011, 05:19:27 AM »
How to make an instant melee build.

1. Remove bot's arms
2. Add two Ace Braver arms
3. Play as normal, but whenever someone comes near you, right click
4. ???
5. You know the rest.

Also, Arcantus drop parts make tuning with UC-only relatively easy, imo.  The only things I worry about bombing a tune on are my one set of 3-slot laz legs (because my 2-slot legs somehow vanished completely), and irreplaceable parts with specific functions like Winberyl AM and Tesladonna AM3.  Anything without an integrated weapon can pretty much be replaced by any 2-slot arcantus drop, though.

Arcantus drops catalyzers?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #325 on: January 19, 2011, 09:34:49 PM »
Arcantus drops catalyzers?
You mean these?

[attach=1]

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #326 on: January 20, 2011, 12:41:37 AM »
I noticed that this thread was getting big so I decided to give the game a try since it's free to play. This game is pretty fun. I chose Lily Rain as my first mech, but since I was doing better with the machine gun rather than her artillery I decided to buy Crimrose and Shino Exroad. I'm fight better with those two. Though I want to know what's the difference between the three Unions. They say join if you have the courage/wisdom/power but they never mention if there are any benefits for joining their Union. This just makes me think of the triforce.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #327 on: January 20, 2011, 01:04:55 AM »
In theory, there are no benefits, but since everyone joins WIZ, they win through numbers, so they usually get the weekly prizes.

You mean these?

[attach=1]

Yeah, but I can't stack the same type, and I don't feel like shellling out RT.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #328 on: January 20, 2011, 01:35:00 AM »
The Union thing seems kinda pointless if everyone is just going to join the same faction. Anyways, is there a MotK clan?

« Reply #329 on: January 20, 2011, 01:39:59 AM »
In theory, there are no benefits, but since everyone joins WIZ, they win through numbers, so they usually get the weekly prizes.

Yeah, but I can't stack the same type, and I don't feel like shellling out RT.
Well, those numbers are gradually filling with terrible players and idlers from other unions that are costing us epoch battles and union wars, so that's been changing lately; BRD won two weeks ago, for example. (fortunately Snowflake and Hotglue have been stacking epoch and votekicking baddies, so we're making a comeback~)

I'm pretty sure you can only use one catalyst to begin with; the second slot is for slot protectors.  Though, I guess I haven't tried to combine them otherwise...

I noticed that this thread was getting big so I decided to give the game a try since it's free to play. This game is pretty fun. I chose Lily Rain as my first mech, but since I was doing better with the machine gun rather than her artillery I decided to buy Crimrose and Shino Exroad. I'm fight better with those two. Though I want to know what's the difference between the three Unions. They say join if you have the courage/wisdom/power but they never mention if there are any benefits for joining their Union. This just makes me think of the triforce.
There are no specific union benefits.  The only things it affects is which union you play for in union wars/epoch, what clans you can join (same union only), and what "base" you get to go in (#1 reason not to pick DOS).

is there a MotK clan?
Choja made one, but it's not MotK-exclusive anymore. :V