Author Topic: Tea  (Read 16291 times)

Re: Tea
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
I mean most people don't like ketchup in their breakfast pancakes or whatever, but some people do...
Oh god, please don't remind me.   :fail:

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »
I was assuming black teas when I said that considering that's what this half of the world generally drinks =P

Hell no I'd never put milk in green tea, but black tea?  Hell yes pour it in.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »
I was assuming black teas when I said that considering that's what this half of the world generally drinks =P

Hell no I'd never put milk in green tea, but black tea?  Hell yes pour it in.

Then there is no disagreement from me :)

MOre along the lines of ketchup. I mean most people don't like ketchup in their breakfast pancakes or whatever, but some people do...

News to me, sir.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 03:14:26 PM »
News to me, sir.
You'd be surprised at how many people put ketchup on their pancakes.  Even my mother does it.

Edit: I don't do this however, because I prefer my pancakes plain.   :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 03:17:18 PM »
I prefer my pancakes incinerated because they are vile.  Waffles are the superior breakfast item, with french toast in a very close second.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
I think soy milk with green tea is incredibly delicious TSO.

you should try it.
buy Vanilla soy milk if you can, those goes well with thick green tea. (try to use Matcha powder green tea, for thicker tea)
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 04:00:34 PM »
On the flip side, nobody seems to think a roach looks good.

I'm trying to find this picture I saw a while ago on the website of a guy I know where he has a giant, posable cockroach sitting on his toilet reading a newspaper. Apparently he likes to keep it there when he's not actually using said toilet.

Really, you can't say there's NOBODY who doesn't like something. The only thing that could be said to be universally enjoyed is happiness, but how people acquire that varies drastically.

On the original topic, I fucking love tea. Earl Grey is a great way to wake up in the morning, and hot tea in general is wonderful on a cold day.

you should try it.
buy Vanilla soy milk if you can, those goes well with thick green tea. (try to use Matcha powder green tea, for thicker tea)

Vanilla soy milk goes great with black tea. I'll have to try it with green one of these days.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »
Yeah, without trying to offend I think the ketchup thing is mostly hicks down in southern US. It's not just pancakes either. They put that stuff on EVERyTHING. Personally it gives me the creeps.

As for soy milk and green tea, I haven't tried it but it does remind me that matcha mattes are pretty tasty so I'm sure it's possible... Of course a matcha  latte has no water, or maybe just a bit to dissolve the powder. I don't really think I'd like to mess up an ordinary matcha tea with any other ingredients though, stuff is too damn good and expensive on it's own.

Edit regarding roaches. It's not a real roach though is it? Anyway I did say "seems to" for a reason.
I'm pretty sure the orange peel thing is 100% though. Or at the very least, a smaller % of people than something completely Just plain WRONG to like, such as a deadly life-threatening serious case of masochism or something
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:06:38 PM by Ghaleon »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »

you should try it.
I shall try this.  I tend to like my green tea with honey myself.

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »
I don't usually use green tea with anything else. It's already naturally sweet and the only exception is green bubble tea. Anyways, I need meat in breakfast so it's usually sausage, egg, and cheese every breakfast for me with a drink of OJ, tea, or coffee.

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2010, 07:07:26 PM »
Why would there be any such thing as a right or wrong way to drink tea? Whatever makes it taste better for you is right, after all.

Purism is silly. :derp:
THIS TEA ISN'T WABISABI ENOUGH

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2010, 07:13:46 PM »
I don't usually use green tea with anything else. It's already naturally sweet and the only exception is green bubble tea. Anyways, I need meat in breakfast so it's usually sausage, egg, and cheese every breakfast for me with a drink of OJ, tea, or coffee.
Honey adds a different flavor to it.  It's not just the sweetness but it also adds some richness to it as well.  Honey is always infinitely better than pure sugar except in certain black teas anyways.

Patsmar

• umad muhhamad
  • Vuvuzela - the new Trumphet of Faith
    • Youtube Channel - Japmeme, YPTMV and my precious
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »
I myself rarely drink green tea, usually peach tea or earl gray.  I sometimes put mentha inside the tea for a more soothing taste.
I never add honey to my tea. I never add milk into my tea. I put three teaspoons of white sugar, but sometimes I put healthier variants of brown sugar, but it doesn't fit that well. I don't drink tea every day, not every week and not even every month. Hot drinks are not for me.
Schwul

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2010, 08:35:23 PM »
Honey adds a different flavor to it.  It's not just the sweetness but it also adds some richness to it as well.  Honey is always infinitely better than pure sugar except in certain black teas anyways.

I never liked honey in green tea. For other teas, honey is a great addition. I dunno, I guess it's a personal taste. And it's great that my dad works as a Chinese herbalist doctor in chinatown so I get to taste all these different teas like black, green, and some flower types. Anyways, tea is just amazing and has that great earthly taste. It's a must for those cold winters as well.

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:02 PM »
i like cold green tea (sensha) with few sugar (hard for me, a sweetooth); i don?t like milk in my tea,always with sugar (im a black tea drinker) and all is about my mood; sometimes earl grey, Orange Pekoe (in leafs, and the faborite of my mom too), with cinnamon, lemon, the mentioned yellow level Lipton (but is very consentrated; one bag give us 2 cups) chinese green tea (with mint or lemon) Sensha (who i can?t put mush sugar in it because the flavor turn strange) etc. Sometimes try to buy boxes with asorted teas for see the diferences into them, and yes are really diferent. The amaretto is sweet, Earl Grey is more strong,Darjeeling is middle (but delicious n_n) Ceylon (this is the one who i drink more in all my life, here is the most common to found) English Breakfast (i like this one,probably for the english XD) and i forget how is the Assam, i will put more atention the next time. When we have, i add honey to the tea (or a bit of tangerine juice, no is bad)
And about infusions, my fabs are mint, cammomile (is good for us nee) and lavander...Yes, lavander,the scent is gorgeous,but add only a few and is only for the sad mods. Anise, another one who i like for how smell.
i want try that podwer green tea who is used for tea ceremonies, the Matcha. Is said who is very bitter...but is very,very expencive, And the red tea, and the Oolong.
About weird tastes, i like eat bread with Dulce de leche AND milk butter. Well, the two are milk products but one is sweet and the other is salty...lots of people think who im crazy when eat that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_de_leche  <--good thing, we used in lots of sweets n_n (we called it "manjar")

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2010, 12:50:59 AM »
Yeah but it's like complaining and saying all coffee sucks when all you've had is gas station and McDonalds.

True, although I wasn't complaining.

You'd be surprised at how many people put ketchup on their pancakes.  Even my mother does it.

Edit: I don't do this however, because I prefer my pancakes plain.   :V

Don't see the problem there. Pancakes are just bread afterall.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2010, 06:39:37 AM »
Pancakes with ketchup? Really? Does it even taste good?

On-topic
Oolong, Green, Black, Jasmine, Oolong-ginseng. I can say a lot more but that's only my top 5 favourite. Real tea-leaves ftw.

Kuroi

• I dodge bans and don't afraid of anything
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2010, 07:13:56 AM »
I like Earl Grey tea, green tea and Chinese tea. They taste so wonderful~

Most people dislike green tea though...wonder why... ???
I'll add something witty and amusing here later.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2010, 07:19:48 AM »
Most people dislike green tea though...wonder why... ???
Preparing it well is not something everyone knows how to do.

I confess that I dislike green tea, and it is probably for that reason; I've never known how to prepare it well. :ohdear:

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2010, 08:41:14 AM »
Pancakes with ketchup? Really? Does it even taste good?
I've known people who put ketchup on pancakes and swear by it, but only when they've been deep fried beforehand.  Actually they just tend to put ketchup on anything that's been deep fried, and in a country where we will deep fry anything that sits still long enough... Yeah.

...'Course, I don't even like ketchup, so I'm not one of these people.

Preparing it well is not something everyone knows how to do.

I confess that I dislike green tea, and it is probably for that reason; I've never known how to prepare it well. :ohdear:
Yeah, this is pretty much the reason I've never even tried green tea yet.  I just know I'd screw up making it, ahah.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2010, 10:36:36 AM »
White tea is nice, too.

Burkie

• Sea Bear
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2010, 09:15:20 PM »
Surprisingly, reading this thread has made me want a cup of tea. I have some Earl Grey here beside me now and I'll probably go for some Oolong later on. Those two would probably be my favourites. I've been looking for some Dimbula for a while since I've heard it's nice but no luck.

I seem to be a real rarity in Ireland in that I don't take milk in my tea, nor do I drink Barry's or Lyon's like 90% of the tea-drinking population. It's a bit annoying that I get funny looks when I ask for no milk, or if I'm being asked how I like my tea they ask whether I want sugar or not and take it for granted that I'll want milk.

Tea is great for relaxing, but I don't mind the odd espresso when I'm feeling wrecked. Drinking latt?s or Cappuccinos usually makes me feel horrible so I tend to stick to the tea.

ArteShy

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2010, 09:25:59 PM »
Is Dimbula that black tea with rose?

Burkie

• Sea Bear
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2010, 09:31:02 PM »
Yup. I've had a few rose teas before which I enjoyed, none of them were black though. Dimbula has Beato's seal of approval, and a few people have told me it's good, but I might have to resort to ordering online if I actually want to get some...

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2010, 09:33:45 PM »
Chai and Darjeeling <3

ArteShy

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2010, 09:58:38 PM »
Beato is a tea gourmet.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2010, 10:04:56 PM »
Beato is a tea gourmet.
"Tea!  Earl Grey!  Hot!"  Much
Better in that regard is
Jean Luc Picard, man.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

TakuTaku

• Currently Incognito
  • I'm always losing to win
    • ah.
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2010, 06:45:02 PM »
I love tea more than coffee and other beverages.  But I haven't had one in ages.
I'm not fond of the flowery ones tho. I like my tea earthy like ginseng, ginger and green tea.

I've also had the opportunity to consume moldy earl grey.

DevArt | Twitter
freelance artist looking for work

Kuroi

• I dodge bans and don't afraid of anything
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »
I love tea more than coffee and other beverages.  But I haven't had one in ages.
I'm not fond of the flowery ones tho. I like my tea earthy like ginseng, ginger and green tea.

I've also had the opportunity to consume moldy earl grey.

The flowery ones are great! You get to chew on the flowers! :3
I'll add something witty and amusing here later.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2010, 11:09:49 PM »
I has a cup of spearmint tea right now  :3