Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 76514 times)

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #1020 on: July 29, 2015, 01:39:04 AM »
why in the WORLD would scum nightkill dan over dna, conq, or patorikku?? At this point, even if Shadoweh -didn't- stop the NK last night with a vest, it's not a huge deal for them if the kill fails to Shadoweh. It doesn't add another mislynch, and no one's PRs are super scary or whatnot. It only affects what votes are in play, which certainly isn't trivial, but.
That's a good question. Well, fact is that they tried it last night, unless you have reason to think that Shadoweh is lying or that it was me protecting Patorikku who stopped the kill.
So what keeps them from trying again?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1021 on: July 29, 2015, 01:41:59 AM »
If you're town, scum totally might have nightkilled Patorikku. That would not be unreasonable.

Shadoweh does not have to be lying to have lost her vest. She already claimed she doesn't know if she loses it from doccing someone successfully. She also could have stopped the NK. That makes two ways other than scum targetting Dan.

Past that, at this point it's obvious Dan is an easy mislynch if he isn't scum. I'm not the only one interested in lynching him. I'm the only other easy mislynch past him. Scum NEEEEEED both of those mislynches from me and him if none of us are scum.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dorian White

« Reply #1022 on: July 29, 2015, 02:09:05 AM »
Sure, that just leads me to the question. Why was the Patorikku kill unreasonable for me as scum? Why did I try to kill the mislynch that I need so badly? And why didn't I tried to kill the confined townny that also suspects me?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Dorian White

« Reply #1023 on: July 29, 2015, 02:17:50 AM »
And no, a BP bodyguard that doesn't lose the west after protecting someone is in fact a BP Doc. Even I understand that much.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1024 on: July 29, 2015, 02:29:26 AM »
The only reasonable thing would be if the kill didn't work because you jailed him at the same time as killing him, which you proposed previously. You nking him, sure, but your jail isn't the reason the nk failed if that happened, that'd be silly XD You wouldn't get any town cred from it and you'd give town an extra mislynch.

And no, a BP bodyguard that doesn't lose the west after protecting someone is in fact a BP Doc. Even I understand that much.
...huh? That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying she said she doesn't KNOW if... oh, that's what you meant. No, I didn't mean she said she doesn't know if the vest goes away if she's hit; I mean, if she successfully protects someone and takes a hit, therefore losing her vest, she doesn't know that it happened. That is what she's said. So, she could have been hit last night and has no vest anymore, but not be aware.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1025 on: July 29, 2015, 02:30:10 AM »
The only UNreasonable thing*

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #1026 on: July 29, 2015, 02:34:16 AM »
I'm so drunk right now hahahhqha

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1027 on: July 29, 2015, 02:39:49 AM »
...thanks Dan  :V

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1028 on: July 29, 2015, 02:42:12 AM »
Serela, my posts at you weren't rhetorical, please answer. :V Although watch this all be a wasted exercise.

I'll be catching up in a few hours from now but first:

Sure, that just leads me to the question. Why was the Patorikku kill unreasonable for me as scum? Why did I try to kill the mislynch that I need so badly? And why didn't I tried to kill the confined townny that also suspects me?
I'm not sure what you are supposed to be saying here? If you are scum here the most likely scenario is that your kill was stopped by Shadoweh, who can't tell if she stopped the kill or not and who she stopped it on.

Now to why I  protected Patorikku. Confirmed town + no role left to mess up + can't get framed by scum idle the kill. Honestly, why should I try to guess the source of the kill when the target is so much clearer?
My main problem with this is that the same logic makes him the logical doc protect and thus mostly superfluous as a jail. Blocking a kill is very nice to get us to odds,but I feel like trying to get a clear when there is most certainly only one scum left would have been the more obvious approach given the likelyhood of clearing someone outright? I mean I get the logic of false roleblock er positives but it feels convenient in an endgame where the last scum would need all the mislynches they could get.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1029 on: July 29, 2015, 02:49:54 AM »
oh they weren't? >.>
Doc Vig Cop Tracker all on the table already, what mystery super powerful role were you even expecting scum to try and kill you for?
...I dunno? <.< I mean, those roles had supposedly already run their course (although then again, scum would probably kill someone who claimed cop just in case they weren't really one-shot... that never occurred to me >.>) so I figured there was no one scum needed to kill for role reasons anymore, apart from them already being most-likely-town-and-not-scum due to those reasons

Conqueror

« Reply #1030 on: July 29, 2015, 02:52:31 AM »
Serelaaaaaaaaa

Bah, all of this just reminds me how much I hate role logic. :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1031 on: July 29, 2015, 02:53:32 AM »
I didn't really try to imagine what threatening role scum might theorize I am, that didn't occur to me :V I just wanted to communicate that it was... something that would be bad for them if I used successfully? I didn't really look at flipped town roles and realize that all the standard big ones were already taken

Dorian White

« Reply #1032 on: July 29, 2015, 03:25:37 AM »
I guess I kind of confused myself here.^^;
And I need to sleep now, see you later, ? maybe.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1033 on: July 29, 2015, 03:35:12 AM »
objectively dorian is worse, but with how this is going (Dorian still doing all these questions despite everyone being dead set on his lynch, etc) it really looks way more like it's dan

when dan has honestly just been coasting hard after ed3 that's not very surprising

however, don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I think it's a waste to lynch him (if nothing else I know people aren't generally interested in the dan lynch until dorian and maybe me as well are gone, and we have the mislynches that it's fine to do dorian now, and he can still be scum so it's fine)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1034 on: July 29, 2015, 03:35:47 AM »
anyway I'm just kinda rambling, going to bed soon

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #1035 on: July 29, 2015, 04:11:23 AM »
objectively dorian is worse, but with how this is going (Dorian still doing all these questions despite everyone being dead set on his lynch, etc) it really looks way more like it's dan

when dan has honestly just been coasting hard after ed3 that's not very surprising

however, don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I think it's a waste to lynch him (if nothing else I know people aren't generally interested in the dan lynch until dorian and maybe me as well are gone, and we have the mislynches that it's fine to do dorian now, and he can still be scum so it's fine)

I mean I realllllllllly realllllllllly don't care.  Ibe done plenty.  Pegging 2/3 scum; possibly preventing a kill which btw would be a logical kill if you didn't want to play the 50-50 between patorikku and conq.  I've objectively pulled my weight.  I cannot easily determine the last scum and I don't find anything past day 2 that helpful to doing so.  Dna is not past busing shalako and avoiding bard when Bard was the main wagon and you could easily be their scum partner by not touching either.  I probably would have voted you had skypal's pm not contained the "jail or is a safe claim" when to me it clearly isn't if dorian's most poignant ability is to jail someone. 

Even shadoweh could have been a godfather but her role is absolutely necessary in 12p with a gov.

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1036 on: July 29, 2015, 04:30:54 AM »
I'm sorry but given that sometimes (mostly in the distant past, but still) I have been an recklessly aggressive busser as scum it's pretty much the first thing I see with your behavior, the way your d2 went just screams it to me with how pin-point precise it is; you never had -any- interest in lynching, or giving any analysis at all really apart from trying to clear Dorian as town, to anyone who -wasn't- scum until 2/3 scum had already flipped.

Well, that plus PoE. Part of the reason I keep Conq aside as a possibility is just because he's so good that he usually tends to get caught only from the fact that he never got nightkilled whilst being ultra town :V It means no matter how strong my town reads on Conq are, I have to keep in mind, he's just that good.

Conqueror

« Reply #1037 on: July 29, 2015, 08:52:09 AM »
Fuck this game, it's stupidly long.

Anyway, looking at interactions. Just some notes so I can look back at this later.

Shalako -> Dorian: some small back and forths, null read. Pretty inconclusive.
Bard -> Dorian: No mention of Dorian. I noticed that Bard ended up with a Serela town read after switching off him though. Contrasting with Bard's scum game in Medaka Box Mafia I think where he tunneled Serela into oblivion. A thought for my Serela reread.
Sky -> Dorian: Votes Dan for clearing Dorian, talks about me and DNA a lot and then later votes Dorian after the jailer claim. Timing could fit with either a Sky giving up and going for the counterwagon or it would fit with a planned claim/counterclaim bus.
Dorian -> Shalako: Some light defense of Shalako. No comment on Shalako the night after he didnt die after being lynched.
Dorian -> Bard: Brought up Bard as a possible powerwagon late D1. Voted him beginning of D2. Switched to Serela before switching back.
Dorian -> Sky: Voted him on D3 after Shadoweh case fell through.

Okay, so interactions fit well for a Dorian scumteam. In this scenario Sky and Dorian scheme to crossbus for cred on D3 in an attempt to salvage the game by getting enough town cred for endgame. It would explain why "odd-night jailkeeper" is listed as a safeclaim,  since that would be really weird otherwise. Re:Dorian's scenarios - D2 Bard bus would be a safe vote because by the end of the day he wasn't getting lynched and perhaps achieving a no lynch would let Shalako use his power later. N2 Maybe an effort to stay consistent with previous expressed views of Shalako or an attempt to confuse the issue? I'm not sure about this, but from what I recall Shalako's role was far from a consensus at the end of the night. Scum might have expected some sort of vig to counter the governor so it's possible you were trying to prevent the vig from taking that shot? D3 - Sky was apparently super busy and I doubt his role vs yours would have mattered with one scum left. D4 - In the scenario that Serela is town he is the "obvious" mislynch for defending all the scum and having a terrible claim. And who else would you push anyway?

@Dorian:
Everyone else may answer the question too, I don't see you guys having anything better to do at the moment anyway.^^;;
I feel like this is a loaded question, but I'd most likely lynch Serela if you flipped town. I don't see dan!scum playing the game the way he did and dna's posts are a lot better than the posts that made me instascumread him as a bystander last game. Also, how about you answer the same question?

I think one thing that I like about Serela's posting today is that it's clear he's exploring several alternatives. I don't think he's "lining up lynches," it looks more like he's thinking through the alternatives and it's something I always do when I'm trying to figure out the game, although I might leave it out of the thread to prevent excessive paranoia.

@Serela: Eh, the thing is that your scum play and Dan's scum play are pretty different. From what I've seen of Dan's scum games he definitely keeps hard bussing to a minimum. The governor throws a wrench into that I guess but I feel like he had several opportunities to get off of sky and go somewhere else?
Anyway, Serela, how would you describe your current scum game? Would you say you're still a busser? Just jogging through my memory has you defending Shalako/Bard/Sky (and likewise from the reverse), so, would you do the hard defense as scum in this position? Want to hear an answer from you specifically.

Conqueror

« Reply #1038 on: July 29, 2015, 08:54:37 AM »
Oh, 24 hours left huh. I don't think I'm getting through that Serela reread
Eh, just from today I'd definitely lynch Dorian. Tempted to just hammer and see if the game ends but I suppose I should be nice given we still have time.

Conqueror

« Reply #1039 on: July 29, 2015, 09:07:46 AM »
Not really related but I'm flattered at Serela's description of my scumplay, but I'm pretty sure I've lost most of my scumgames due to burning out in the endgame and getting lynched because I can't bring up the same indignation against being lynched as I do when I'm town. And I'm just incapable of doing the same analysis as scum as I would as town, and it's why I dislike playing as scum.  :V

And yeah, Serela's ISO is 7 fucking pages and I'm not finishing that before deadline. I'm going to go with my gut from today that Serela is actually trying to figure out the game. And I guess I can't blame him for his terrible explanations for his role because that's a pretty Serela thing to do. >_>

Dorian White

« Reply #1040 on: July 29, 2015, 10:28:00 AM »
Dorian had thrown the game ...
I guess being a victim of circumstances fits better than being plain incompetent. But still, I would have done anything to save Sky day3, cause hell as if I have the time and the energy to go through at least two one vs one days just to end in a unfavorable LyLo where not even all the town cred in the world would have helped me. Might as well call it a game at the start of day 4.^^;

By the way, my plan for the chance that Serela would flip town was to buy a bottle absinth and try to forget this game ever existed.^^;;

However, this conversation is pointless anyway and I better end this before you guys go on telling me how incompetent of a scum player I had to be.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dorian

Cause now I'm fine with every way out of this mess.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #1041 on: July 29, 2015, 11:01:56 AM »
See you space cowboy
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #1042 on: July 29, 2015, 01:50:21 PM »
End of Combat Cycle
Dorian (4): Patorikku, Serela, Darkninja, Dorian LYNCH
Out of Combat: Conq, Shadoweh, ActionDan

There are 46 Hours left in the Scrapping Cycle
It takes 4 ships to destroy another ship.

The Kestrel was good at hiding among the fleet, that much was certain. As rebels struggled to figure out who it was, the casualties built ant built.

Finally, it came down to Dorian's turn. Many ship captains had already decided he was the Kestrel, and it might not be long before he was doomed like the rest.

But simply dying just wasn't his style.

Flying away, Dorian created a tangled mess of ships in his wake with incredible maneuvering skills, leading to a massive wild goose chase as more ships picked up to pursue him. Dorian ran and ran, and soon the sector was just a mess of rebels going right after him.

...and they wouldn't even get him. Because just as it seemed the whole fleet would descend on him, he reached his destination.

He dived right into a dying star, throwing any ship trying to persue into a garbled mess of ion radiation.

Dorian was simply too cool to get killed by other ships.

Dorian, piloting the Elite Rebel Fighter, Rebel JOAT, killed himself among chaos!

Welcome to Faster Than Light Mafia, Captain!
You have been chosen to pilot the fearsome Rebel ship, The Elite Rebel Fighter

The Rebels are a powerful faction of revolutionaries, who aim to take down their former leaders at the Federation Base. The Rebels want to control the entire galaxy, and rid it of the alien scum that plagues its many worlds and sectors. The Federation, however, thinks that aliens deserve the same rights as humans, however. What a laugh! The Elite Fighter is equipped with some of the most high-grade weapons and systems the Rebels have in their possession, making your ship especially robust in the face of a long and arduous battle this skirmish has in store for you.
The Rebel Fleet has been chasing down a small group of Federation ships which managed to infiltrate one of their strongholds and learn the greatest weakness of the Rebels: That the Rebel Flagship is the key to the success of the Rebel Revolution. Your mission is to stop the Federation Ships from reaching their home base, where they may very well find the opportunity to destroy the all-important Rebel Flagship.

Your ship's special ability is:
Being a Fucking Badass Rebel. Your ship is too POWERFUL to need a special ability. You're just that hardcore.
You're so hardcore in fact that you can steer a fight into an extremely dangerous sector of space. However, there are only so many hardcore sectors of space you can steer a fight into before you run out. You know of the following Extremely Deadly Sectors:
-Asteroid Field: You charge headlong into an asteroid belt! All those space rocks can really ruin someone else's day. With some fancy maneuvering, you can cause another ship to get stuck in a particularly rocky part of the asteroid field, making the ship unable to properly maneuver, but preventing other ships from targeting them (Jail)
-ASB: An Anti-Ship Battery is a series of massive energy barrages that are friendly to only you, and one other ship of your choosing. While other ships scramble to avoid it, you can have a nice chat with the other ship. (1-Day Neighborize)
-Supergiant: You warp near a massive and unstable star. This thing is so bright nobody will be able to sleep! (Also they'll want to fight the fires the thing throws at everyone so often) (Mass-Nighttalk, PM before the Scrapping Cycle you intend to use it on)
You can initiate a FTL warp to one of these locations by PMing #BeABadassAt: [location] (with [Player])
You can use these abilities only during the Scrapping Cycle, except for the Supergiant which must be used during the Combat Cycle. You cannot warp to a new location during the Scrapping Cycle if you are visiting the Supergiant.

You wish to scrap the Federation ships, and thus this space combat won't stop until you've destroyed their entire force.

tldr you are a Rebel JOAT with a Jail, 1-Day Neighborize, and Mass Nighttalk. These abilities are all 1-Shot.

It's now the Scrapping Cycle. Send your actions to me via PM, etc etc, it'll end hopefully tonight.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #1043 on: July 29, 2015, 08:15:10 PM »
The Rebel Fleet continues through the sector as a few ships race ahead towards the jump point. The loss of one of the best ships in the fleet is a heavy loss to all who remain. The Federation spies are to blame for this, and ever more does the rage build knowing The Kestrel still lies out among the fleet, seemingly inconspicuous despite being the most wanted ship in the galaxy now. The reward for taking it out is now all but in the back of everyone's minds, first and foremost now only the thought of revenge remains, to avenge the allies of the Rebel cause, and the might of the Rebel Flagship, whose secret may soon be spoiled. Who that remains could be the Kestrel?

The thoughts hang in the air as the fleet passes through a small asteroid field...

wait, that's no asteroid field...

that's a ship!

In fact, it's Shadoweh's ship! Curse the Federation once more!

Shadoweh, piloting The Bulwark, Rebel Heroic Bodyguard, has been crushed into pebbles!

Welcome to Faster Than Light Mafia, Captain!
You have been chosen to pilot the impenetrable Rock ship, The Bulwark

Rockmen are some of the hardiest beings in the galaxy. They are aliens composed entirely of rocks, as their name would imply. Their tough rock bodies make them fearsome to fight in combat, as they are as tough as you would expect a living pile of boulders to be. Their preferred method of fighting is naturally by fisticuffs, and they hit like a literal sack of bricks. It's said only the Mantis are a fair match for a Rockman, and they are natural rivals.
The Federation ships have been quite aggressive in their attempts to fly through the galaxy, and have even intruded an important Rock-controlled area, and thus you have been sent to 'defend' your territory by smashing them to pieces. You don't care much for the rebels, but they share the same goal as you, as long as they stay far, far away from your worlds.

Your ship's special ability is:
Rock Plating, an augment to your ship that gives it the Rockmen's signature toughness.
Rock Plating is a very powerful defensive tool that you can use to shield your allies from devastating attacks. Your ship can take a brutal beating and still run fine thanks to your Rock Plating. For some reason, though, it tends to work best when helping your allies, and may not work at all if you're attacked directly. Your Rock Plating can only withstand one assualt, as well.
You can defend your allies by PMing ##Defend: Playername.
You can only do this during a Scrapping Cycle.

You wish to destroy the Federation ships, and thus this space combat won't stop until you've destroyed their entire force.

tldr you're a Rebel Heroic Bodyguard. You can Bodyguard others and survive a successful block one time.
(This is different from a 1-Shot BP vest as it doesn't work on yourself)
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 04:02:01 AM by NekoNekoRex »