Author Topic: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (The Last Stand) (Contains Lots of Images)  (Read 38123 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
THE REBEL FLEET HAS REACHED SECTOR 5: MANTIS HOMEWORLDS

"You've entered a poorly charted area of space that's known to be home to the Mantis. Ensure your hull plating is up to scratch and that you have enough fuel in the tank to make it through."

The Combat Cycle will end sometime August 1st
It takes 3 ships firing on the same ship to destroy it.

Active Captains:
Darkninja
Patorikku
Conqueror
Serela
ActionDan

The Rebel Fleet will reach the last remaining Federation Stronghold in TWO (2) SECTORS.

Previous Battlemaps
Sector 1 (Civilian Sector) Battlemaps: Start, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, End
Sector 2 (Uncharted Nebula) Battlemaps: Start, 1, 2, 3, 4, End
Sectpr 3 (Zoltan Controlled) Battlemaps: Start, End
Sector 4 (Abandoned) Battlemaps: Start, End
Sector 5 (Mantis Homeworld) Battlemaps: Start, End
Sector 6 (Slug Home Nebula) Battlemaps: Start

Destroyed Ships:
Sector 1:
--Zakeri of The Kruos, Rebel Universal Backup
--SB of The Ariolimax, Rebel Hijacker
Sector 2:
--Raitaki of  The Auto-Scout, Rebel Tracker
--Shalako of The Adjudicator, Federation Governor
Sector 3:
--SkyPaladin of The Torus, Federation Roleblocker
Sector 4:
--Dorian, of The Elite Rebel Fighter, Rebel JOAT
--Shadoweh, of The Bulwark, Rebel Heroic Bodyguard
Sector 5:
--Serela of The Bravais, Rebel Vengeful
--Patorikku of The Basilisk, Rebel 1-Shot Vig
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:08:21 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Mafia Pt. 2 (Sector 5, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:02:27 AM »
what was I posting before

I remember it was important

oh yes
The Rebel Fleet will reach the last remaining Federation Stronghold in TWO (2) SECTORS.
Could we have a non-flavory version of this statement? It's mildly confusing D: I'm not entirely sure if NNR means today is lylo?  I assume this indicates it's a day after tomorrow but then it seems like a mildly goofy announcement so I want to make sure, etc.

Also I'd like a confirmation no votes are in play, since drones have existed before, etc
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 04:07:03 AM »
It is not currently SYMLO. There are no votes currently in play.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 04:10:05 AM »
With that confirmed,
##Vote ActionDan

I'll glance over Conq at some point (not tonight; it's midnight already) with flipped scum interactions in mind but I'm not expecting to see anything so strong it changes my mind. Still, it's best to do it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 04:14:32 AM »
I'm fairly certain he means that once these next two days are done, regardless of the result, the game has to end then. Next day cycle is guaranteed lylo since we no longer have any protective abilities on the field.

I'm reading over interactions with Serela and the scumteam, as well as Dan with the scumteam. They're my remaining scumreads, and while I'm leaning more to Serela, I want to get this lynch right this time.

Cut by 2

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 04:18:01 AM »
friendly reminder Shalako made a case on me for things Raitaki did and didn't notice for like an entire page whilst everyone was going like "uhhhh what" and starting to vote him >.>

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 04:31:39 AM »
For now, while I'm reading through the entirety of the game to see if I can come up with bloody well anything, I want to ask, based primarily off of each other's metas, how you feel everyone else is playing. Anything that's particularly scummy off of anyone that you can recall that can't be handwaived as role-related reasons or anything like that? I recall mention by someone that Serela has done some batshit insane stuff while still being town, so... I dunno, whatever helps.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 04:56:22 AM »
This was what I had typed up, because I initially thought we've won and Dorian is claiming scum. Will lynch Serela first, case later.

Quote from: DNA
https://youtu.be/6YMPAH67f4o

Cue applause, although it was a loss for your team, Dorian, I seriously admire your tenacity and your dedication to not throw the towel until all hope was lost. That coupled with Serela's crazy antics, nearly swayed me to divert my attention elsewhere. But I reread your D1 and D2 and basically went like, 'oh well, still have overall stronger scumvibes from him. would rather lynch him first'.

Also you are getting way too ambitious at your last push on Serela :v , we all know how competent a player you are, and that was a very hard nail on the coffin which sealed my vote, at least
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 04:57:31 AM »
You know Dorian, even if you were looking to be lynched, you shouldn't have self-hammered since it was far from certain and there was still some discussion going on. And maybe Shadoweh would have something to say, I dunno. >_>

Seriously though self-hammers are ass, don't do them.

Serela, for now can you answer my question to you on the last page of the previous thread?

Actual reading of the game will have to wait for tomorrow. I've spent so much recent time skimming games that doing an actual reread feels like walking through molasses. Doesn't help that this game is the longest in recent times.

@Patorikku I've said stuff about Dan's meta but if you want I can elaborate more tomorrow. However this is my first mafia game in a while so my meta could be outdated. Serela is best described as unpredictable I think, notoriously in zombies apocalypse mafia he self-hammered in lylo...as town.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 05:08:44 AM »
@Conq: You don't want to make any mention of DNA? I've felt he's been playing town, but that's purely off of reads I've been constructing this game alone. Even outdated meta is enough for me to come up with something.

Almost done reading D1 interactions between scum and scum candidates. There are quite a few dank memes back there, though.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 05:10:08 AM »
Tldr from yesterday because Dorian selfhammered;

Serela is opportunistic and messy, but he has the benfit of doubt because 1.somewhat suspicious scum safeclaim Poe

2.Dorian is doing even worse at being a messy player

3.Serela was inputting significantly more effort than Dorian it seems more towny than scum at that point given scum would feel apathetic for two lynches on teammates in a row

Most of everything from yesterday against Serela still stands; messy and sudden 180 degrees change of heart on claiming. Loud, obnoxious but lack of analysis. Also, Serela, can you not get more obvious to line up your lynches?
With that confirmed,
##Vote ActionDan

I'll glance over Conq at some point (not tonight; it's midnight already) with flipped scum interactions in mind but I'm not expecting to see anything so strong it changes my mind. Still, it's best to do it.
First Dorian and then Dan and conq, seriously?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 05:16:26 AM »
TH-THAT WAS PSEUDO LYLO OKAY ;_;

it was really depressing/embarrassing when I realized bard was obvscum seconds after posting my self-hammer though...
Anyway, Serela, how would you describe your current scum game? Would you say you're still a busser?
Between not /inning in games for awhile and then motk mafia severely stalling off for awhile, I'm not sure anymore? I haven't played many games in the past year. I don't play mafia anywhere else, so. For the most part, unless the situation calls for me to act otherwise (e.g.scumbuddy moving towards lynch in a situation where I'm not bussing for whatever reason; that's complicated to get into), I try to act natural; it's very rare for me to just BS up a case for the sake of having one, even if I'm scum and having trouble coming up with anything. I think people have called my play transparent before? The thing is, the last few times I rolled scum, I generally got big town reads from everyone anyway.

I think it's just a Serela thing in general regardless of alignment, to usually either bomb early and get slaughtered (there's lots of scum!serela examples of me just never improving after typical bleh d1, and then I'm overwhemingly d2 lynch) or get heavily town read by everyone but never nightkilled because I'm Serela. It's uncommon for me to start burning out in the middle of a game and get lynched as town like I did in Villains Anonymaf 2; usually I'm bleh at the start (which is almost universal for me unless someone really slips up d1) and then get into the game pretty hard after. As scum it's somewhat more likely but once the ball gets rolling in general it usually requires shenanigans for me to get lynched, like me screwing up a scum fakeclaim or some other role shenanigan.

Anyway this might not have actually answered your question very well because I just started rambling, but it's 1am so you got some quality Serela stream of consciousness here, and that usually works out well for me, as much as it tends to make half the players go "UGH" :V

I immediately voted Dan because Conq is so extremely town and everyone else is both town from play and nearly confirmed town from roles, and because I've been providing reasons I think Dan makes sense as scum for forever. So anyway it's ultra late so g'night z.z
ffff 2 cuts
seriously, I'm getting blamed for "lining up lynches" again?
Like, dude, I have SO MUCH EXPLANATION FOR WHY I'M VOTING THESE PEOPLE. :T It's very clear cut because everyone else is nearly confirmed town. Lining up lynches is scummy when it's for questionable or nonexistant reasoning. I have all of the justifications for what I'm doing here. As the same, I had all of the justification for my change of heart on claiming; once I realized my role was completely and utterly useless at that point of the game, there was no reason to keep it a secret anymore. Before then, I thought I could still use it (Also I was notably mad at you for being such a stickler over it :V) And, lack of analysis? I have a lack of analysis? [redacted], I've done more analysis than most of the players here have done z.z

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 05:17:35 AM »
anyway yes sleep

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 05:17:52 AM »
Also, I take everything back about Dorian being a super rational player, had you legitimately tried to keep posting I honestly would have switched to someone else.

Back then, the only thing making people reluctant to lynch Serela despite him being off the wall crazy was because he seems devoted to the game, while Dan was literally coasting off his early N2 karma and missing until the drunkpost. But your attitude was just much more reasonable as demotivated scum than town.

don't selfhammer again

Cut by 2

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 05:19:08 AM »
Serela, stop fucking using 'a Serela thing', your meta being shit is not something you should be proud of nor take advantage of as scum.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 05:23:55 AM »
my meta isn't shit tho

my meta is getting heavily townread for most of the game after being meh during d1

as some other people have been saying for awhile, I'm not as bad of a mafia player as some people say I am, and half the time those people aren't being serious when they say it anyway

I seriously think most of your points against me are completely BS and I cannot understand where you are coming from, and I haven't really seen too much complaint about what I've done from people other than you. :T Apart from some of the more questionable things like that 1:30am end of d4 opinion breakdown where nothing new had happened but trying to overanalyze the 3 poe'd scum for three days straight

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 05:24:31 AM »
tl;dr my response is "u mad bro?"

It feels like you're trolling more than anything else. :T

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 05:25:40 AM »
My iso is seven posts long because I've been putting a huge amount of thought, effort, and analysis into this game. To get blamed for "lining up lynches" and being "loud, obnoxious, with no analysis" is mind-boggling to me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 05:25:58 AM »
Another thing about Serela I didn't really bring up because I want Dorian lynched more but has been bugging me for awhile. How Serela seems to unnecessarily defend himself at weird times.

At the start of D4, I definitely recall Serela having responded at length to Dorians first argument against him. It felt a bit weird back then because Serela has been awfully laid back all the game and the aggressive response seemed  out of character.

Also, during N2, Serela was the one who advocated speculating about roleshens doesn't matter, yet encouraged the idea of massclaiming, given how scum still had their governor and roleblocker, that was in hindsight a much more pro-scum stance.

Cut by 3

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 05:26:49 AM »
I don't think I encouraged massclaim until partway into d3.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 05:28:29 AM »
At that point a ton of strong town PRs had died, and Conq was the only town-looking person who hadn't already freely claimed, so.

I definitely recall Serela having responded at length to Dorians first argument against him.
If someone posts a case against me, then unless I agree with the points (this happens sometimes!) of -course- I'm going to refute them o.o

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 05:30:53 AM »
like, why would a townie (or anyone, for that matter) avoid responding to someone's case against them when they are able to refute the points to a non-pointless degree

It's generally a productive thing to do for the sake of improving the scumhunting of everyone involved.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 05:36:46 AM »
No, you had many, many terrible inconsistencies in your stance and underdeveloped cases, most of which I have attacked you for before. But since towns opinion on you is basically, 'well, he's Serela, he's just like that', and Shadoweh is giving me shit for 'provoking' you because you are good at faking a tantrum. I just suppressed my desire to burn you for the many obvious errors you have made on your content and focused my attention on some of your more general towntells. Which unfortunately led me to the wrong conclusion.

All your random 2+ years old mafia quotes to back up your shaky cases does reminds me of the vanilla mafia hosted by Dorian however, and how I instantly scumread you since game start which lead to me being NK'd the same phase I subbed in.

Also, the games you cite definitely dont apply to you now. Last game we saw that you are clearly capable of expressing yourself eloquently and have improved alot since your initial, very much outdated style. Your gamplan is basically 'hey, give me a break, I am still the old serela, here's a million very old games to justify my behavior, don't lynch me!'

Cut by 3

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 05:38:29 AM »
Someone asked if I did silly roleshens in the past so I answered them, and Conq just asked me about how my scum play is so I answered him.

Are you seriously attacking me for answering people's questions? >_>;

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 05:39:49 AM »
If you want to get meta, maybe you could ask yourself why scum!Serela would nightkill Shadoweh that could believe in town!Serela over the person who has been aggressively dogging me the entire game.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 05:42:45 AM »
Anyway I just put my contacts in and I desperately need to get to bed (oh god oh god why am I awake at 2am), I'll answer your further responses after I wake up. For the sake of being on the same level with eachother though, at this point I feel like I've adequately responded to the things you've leveraged against me so far? If you want more detailed responses to any points you've already brought up you can reiterate

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 05:43:19 AM »
If you want to get meta, maybe you could ask yourself why scum!Serela would nightkill Shadoweh that could believe in town!Serela over the person who has been aggressively dogging me the entire game.
Perhaps that was a bodyguard kill?

Or is this a scumslip I spy? Lemme read that Shadoweh PM again REAL QUICK.

Cut by 1

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 05:43:45 AM »
(I guess this isn't really "the entire game", but "the last few days of the game" is over a week so it feels like a long time)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 05:44:49 AM »
Perhaps that was a bodyguard kill?

Or is this a scumslip I spy? Lemme read that Shadoweh PM again REAL QUICK.

Cut by 1
It could have been a bodyguard kill, this is true! I wouldn't know. Since it was basically impossible for Shadoweh to be scum at this point it didn't seem like an odd death to me so I didn't think about it. BUT YES SLEEP

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2015, 05:50:42 AM »
I don't take kindly to loaded questions and rheotorics that aim to supplant a biased idea instead of displaying your thought process.

Firstly, it is indeed town to respond to others, but it is the direction and method of which I have qualms with. You OMGUS'd Dorian and antagonized his case to an excessive degree at day start, of which I was inferring that 'hey, is Serela scumreading Dorian as an afterthought or what?'

Secondly, your 'feelings' seem more like a scum excuse to nudge town in a general direction of mislynch instead of leaving anything incriminating of yourself such as a comprehensible stance and whatnot. You feel like I am trolling, you feel like my case on sky p sucks, oh, sky p is the obvious wagon now? 'Hey guys, I feel that DNAs case is starting to hold more water!' *bus sky p*
And then there's your spammy posting style, literally adopted to discourage analysis and conceal your actual content, forcing us to further rely on a general impression of your 'opinions' and 'old meta', so your are free to manipulate our general impression of what makes Serela town.

Cut by 5 again, see people, this is exactly what I mean by spammy.