Author Topic: [東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00f)  (Read 106502 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: [東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00f)
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2010, 10:50:39 PM »
Shot mechanic idea:
Max firepower at 0.00, decreases as it approaches Power Max. Flavour reason being Rou must rely on his own ability as he progresses.

If this mechanic is going to adversely affect how PoC works with him, we're going to need to do some tweaking.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2010, 01:09:07 AM »
Also, might as well announce this here too, but we need to get progress down on the dialog for stages 2 and 3. While we'd prefer characters to have involvement in their own dialog, at the same time we'd like to get Ijiyatsu done before Duke Nukem Forever comes out. Don't come crying to us if rough dialogs are posted in the future and you had no idea. :<

And nobody should take this personally because there is no one person to single out. It's ridiculously difficult to coordinate a bunch of people with a variety of different time zones and lives with various degrees of interest in the project. Honestly, if you don't really care too much about being involved(or would just prefer your dialog/character left up to someone else to portray), it'd be better to just let us know. The player list is pretty much set in stone, so you won't be replaced if you decide you're too busy or apathetic to get involved (or just wanted your portrayal to be a surprise or something).

As I'm almost always in the #ijiatsu channel when I go online, I'm pretty much always willing to do whatever is needed of me.

Issue is if anyone needs anything from me, which, I'm guessing from the lack of people approaching me asking me for help and whenever I ask if I have something to do, I get ignored, is not a whole lot, haha.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2010, 01:22:49 AM »
Somehow I've forgotten about the channel. T_T

Well, I'm there if dialogue needs help. Especially on the Tenshi department.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2010, 01:25:16 AM »
Shot mechanic idea:
Max firepower at 0.00, decreases as it approaches Power Max. Flavour reason being Rou must rely on his own ability as he progresses.

That sounds a bit too gimmicky to me. Flavor or no, turning Power items into a strict disadvantage seems like a bad idea.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2010, 03:35:48 AM »
As soon as Nobu does his writeup summary of what's been done, I'll be more than glad to help out with this.

Drake

« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2010, 04:38:19 AM »
Nwbi's spell background is pretty much done. I'm still not so sure about the giant rotating cat but w/e. Download attached, don't need anything else to play, etc.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2010, 04:50:00 AM »
V-v-v-very nice. I think the blur version blends into the background better, but I guess that's kinda subjective so meh

« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2010, 04:52:53 AM »
Eh, most people won't see it because of all the bullets covering everything, anyway.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2010, 04:58:35 AM »
Eh, most people won't see it because of all the bullets covering everything, anyway.

Stage 1. Come on, Nwbi'll have a bullet density of maybe .10. :V

« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2010, 05:06:50 AM »
Personally I think the... pretty rainbow pattern things look better with the blur, but the cat looks better without it. The cat's body looks more like a blob with the blur on.

« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2010, 05:36:02 AM »
Stage 1. Come on, Nwbi'll have a bullet density of maybe .10. :V
Point.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2010, 06:32:58 AM »
gj Drake o/

Here's the rough scenario outlines I've come up with so far as well as slight backstory/motivation for the first three bosses. Still a WIP

Stage 1 ? Jan & Nwbi: The PCs first encounter Jan, who seems to be in some kind of trance, mindlessly attacking with music and Janmaku. Soon after they run into Nwbi passing by, and end up defeating her for some reason.
-   Nwbi?s perspective: Mostly oblivious to the incident, was running errands for Slaves and co. (super special apprentice training, or a glorified food run) when she ran into the PCs.

Stage 2 ? Tenshi: Moving down into the valley, the PCs happen across Tenshi, who seems to be more concerned with being attacked than attacking herself. She doesn?t make much more than a roadbump, but it indicates to the PCs that they?re on the right track.
-   Tenshi?s perspective:  ?Mmm.. lately I?ve been feeling really hot and bothered, and my intuition is telling me that if I head over to the mountains I?ll be able to have some fun.. Oh hey, PCs! I wonder if they'll play with me for a while.. :3~?

Stage 3 ? Baity : The PCs travel through the valley, and encounter more weirdness with the sudden weather transition from Autumn to Winter. They encounter Baity at the foot of her shrine, who seems not too surprised as to the events that are unfolding, and is attacked for whatever contrived reason the PCs come up with (i.e. 'you?re in my way', 'lets danmaku because it?s the thing to do', 'Hey! You?re trying to keep me from entering the shrine grr', 'I don?t like the looks of that double-sided gohei', etc etc)
-   Baity?s perspective: Knows the gist of what?s going on, not really on anyone?s side. For whatever reason (sympathy, was paid off, apathy, w/e, up to Baity), she permitted Theorin to use the shrine for whatever she was plotting.

Drake

« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2010, 07:09:52 AM »
Hooray plot!

Huhwhat has a point. Maneki is now unblurred, a bit more transparent and the rainbow star thing was blurred and stretched. It now fits all the edges of the game field. Try this.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2010, 08:25:09 AM »
In General, people often pay more attention to the background when they are viewing a replay. Not while playing directly. At the end, all the beauty in touhou games gets noticed like this.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:28:42 AM by Helepolis »

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2010, 08:35:33 AM »
Actually it's true that people are looking to the background.
Example : Koishi's hat was noticed !
*dgbarca just discovered the project 3 weeks ago and don't want to read the a,b,c,d,e thread, but read the information thread*
Interesting.
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2010, 03:55:45 PM »
Janmaku

Day=Made

I'll hop onto IRC to chat about the project later~

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2010, 11:55:30 PM »
Rough outline for stages 4 and 5~

The underlined portions in the 'perspectives' section are key details to be revealed in that stage (or at least in some of the dialogs). The whole 'gradually unfolding details about the main plot the later the stage is' sorta deal.

Stage 4 ? Vic: Upon entering the shrine, the PCs are surprised to find a vast ocean stretching as far as the eye can see. They head towards the only thing that stands out amidst the danmaku and fairies: some kind of battleship floating above the water.

Vic?s Perspective: ?A floating battleship under my command? A vast ocean ripe for adventure? A cute first-mate? Like hell I?m going to let anybody ruin this! Why would you even want to stop Theorin anyway, things couldn?t be better! Who cares what she?s doing that ritual for??

Stage 5 ? A-F: Blabla SFW yet still sexual deviant ?adult side of CPMC?, heylookitsUK, sup A-F draw me a pictu(ry

A-F?s Perspective: ?With Theorin in control, we have our own playground where we can be as devious as we want. Plus I heard she?s summoning someone cute.. Fufufu~ Now my power over fetishes can be fully realized! C?mon Gpop, are you telling me that you don?t want in on this? ?

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #257 on: January 23, 2010, 12:01:28 AM »
Stage 4 – Vic: Upon entering the shrine, the PCs are surprised to find a vast ocean stretching as far as the eye can see. They head towards the only thing that stands out amidst the danmaku and fairies: some kind of battleship floating above the water.

You ought to be able to see the ship in the background, with three or four or five (maybe depending on the difficulty level?) cannons lined up broadside pointing at the player.  Each time one of the cannons fire, a wave of dense danmaku ought to come down the corresponding column of the screen.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #258 on: January 23, 2010, 12:38:01 AM »
You ought to be able to see the ship in the background, with three or four or five (maybe depending on the difficulty level?) cannons lined up broadside pointing at the player.  Each time one of the cannons fire, a wave of dense danmaku ought to come down the corresponding column of the screen.

Well, the descriptions I wrote up aren't fully representative as to what's going to be happening in the stage (since that's largely up to programmers + discussing stage design later). This is just to put what's going on in context, setting the stage so you will. :x

But yeah. Turrets would be awesome.

« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2010, 12:55:53 AM »
...Who's Vic's first mate? :V

Chaore

« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »
...Who's Vic's first mate? :V

Arashi, isn't it?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2010, 02:05:49 AM »
Arashi, isn't it?

Pretty much. :V Or ship biologist, either way.

« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2010, 02:11:32 AM »
At the very least, I'm s4 midboss, so whatever. =P

Chaore

« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2010, 02:11:45 AM »
Pretty much. :V Or ship biologist, either way.

Shes cute and shes at Vic's call, Who gives a crap it fits. :V

« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2010, 07:14:32 AM »
Zengar: Ruro support

Shoots flowers, they chain off of enemies and send slashes towards other enemies. Feels like Sanae B.

Just so y'know we're still doin' stuff. Bomb isn't done, and shit will be changed with Zengar B as well, so no download links. Pesco and Serp shot-types are likely to be worked on soon. Both of Gpops are back under the drawing board.

Also, base menu code was completed, but has no graphics at all (the need only be added in, the code is done). You can download that if you want, but it's not much to see. It's only for programmers so they can build stuff off of that code.

Uh, what else. Stage one will probably be started within the next week, once I finish or get bored of coding up the player characters. Likely the latter. If somebody else wants to start stage one before me, they're welcome.

As for what we're doing...
  • Well, you know what I'm doing.
  • Helepolis is building the menu graphics, among other graphical things.
  • Drake is finishing Janmaku, as well as testing stage mechanics. Doing a plethora of other things too, so I won't mention them all.
  • Onthenet is supposedly making Embodiments and Enemies for the first stage.
  • Suikama is... Getting on IRC very soon. >:3
  • Nobu is working on getting the dialogue finished with everybody, and has volunteered to help design the stages.
  • Slaves is still working on portraits.
  • Skye and Roukanken havent updated in a while, so I dunno about what they're still doing. Hopefully they'll grace us with some info upon seeing this. :)

We're progressing pretty quickly now, at least in terms of getting stuff done on a daily basis, so if you're interested in seeing the stuff that doesn't get reported here just hop on #Ijiyatsu @ ppirc.net. And yes, you can use TSO's awesome webchat service if you're IRC incapable. You're welcome to idle and observe, you need not participate in conversation if you don't want to. I know people still think we're doing absolutely nothing, so whatever.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2010, 01:23:07 PM »
Skye and Roukanken havent updated in a while, so I dunno about what they're still doing. Hopefully they'll grace us with some info upon seeing this. :)
Honestly, I keep forgetting about this since it was moved. I needed the thread on the first page on CMPC to remind me about it. I'll try to see if I can get anything done soon.

« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2010, 02:55:28 PM »
I do agree that we should have a discussion thread in CPMC, given that most of the members this game revolves around frequent there. Everything else can stay in RG, since the threads obviously relate to game creation, but it's hard to keep in contact with everybody when nobody gives a shit unless something is directly in front of them.

Also, I wanted to ask, do you have a Rou sprite? I'm having trouble keeping stuff like that organized, so I don't know if I lost it or you just didn't make one yet, heh.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »
This is the latest version I have but someone wanted me to improve the hair animation, I also forgot to fix the shadows in the pants. The straight one has almost no shadow and the turning ones look gradient
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:25:35 PM by Skye »

« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2010, 04:26:36 PM »
Do you have them in their .png format? (PM if you want)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »
Honestly, I keep forgetting about this since it was moved. I needed the thread on the first page on CMPC to remind me about it. I'll try to see if I can get anything done soon.
Isn't there like a subscribe function to track threads ?