Author Topic: Remilia Quest Tr?  (Read 44040 times)

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
Re: Remilia Quest Tr?
« Reply #300 on: June 15, 2013, 03:50:35 PM »
Well, there is that. Also, it's Opera, not a play. Two completely different things.
The general idea was a Opera based on Der Freisch?tz if we were able to gather all key-actors and stage crew,correct?
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #301 on: June 15, 2013, 04:55:10 PM »
That's the idea. I was figuring some of the folks from both the mansion and the keep could participate.
We may have even found an alternative to casting ourself as Samael. After all, we already have a 'Hunter' right here.
No sense in her not having a little fun while she's here, eh? Enjoy the peace while she can, until she gets returned home. Y'know?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #302 on: June 15, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »
The bulk of that, I think, can be taken care of in the 'epilogue' post as it were.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in a hurry to end this quest yet. I'm more than willing to keep it going if you guys wanted to. But the major conflicts, at least as far as my initial concept goes, have been overcome, and that sentiment you posted, Hanzo, seems a good one to end a quest on.
And bear in mind, I do have a sequel quest in the works as well, which will (hopefully) address any lingering plot threads that this quest didn't tie up.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2013, 04:24:04 PM »
It's alright,carry on as you see fit.A sequel purpose is to bridge  previous plot threads and to expand on them(such as ones like Koryu's and Rei's)  ,after all.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »
Another thing I noticed was the Unknown Vampire that took up house in the keep. I had almost forgotten about her until you brought up the matter of Rei.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2013, 02:20:32 AM »
And let's not forget the ominous-sounding Blighter in the Grove near the Bridged River or the fate of the even more ominous vampire Ebon Regal together with his captor.Man,Remilia quest Dha gave a lot of secondary quests material! <He's reading it thrice.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #306 on: June 18, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »
There's also looking into the fate of the Red Tide too!
(And by that I mean finding out what happened to her, so as to provide a proper cautionary tale for the younger generations.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #307 on: June 18, 2013, 11:57:14 PM »
There's also looking into the fate of the Red Tide too!
(And by that I mean finding out what happened to her, so as to provide a proper cautionary tale for the younger generations.)
A visit to a certain flower Youkai  ;) residing in the Garden of the Sun will be at the order of the day ,then!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #308 on: June 18, 2013, 11:58:43 PM »
We can always gain that info by other means though. It'll likely still involve her though, since she's likely the last one to have seen that one.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2013, 07:46:52 PM »
Pondering on old tales,I'm left to  wonder if this Red Tide encroached upon the Nameless Hill when it still was considered a "haunted ground fit for the forgotten" and what was encountered there, before it was home to Medicine Melancholy....Honoka or Ranka might have heard a thing or two about it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2013, 07:57:49 PM »
That could be it. Odds are likely that one of them would know more about her fate than Yuuka. All we have to go on is that it involved a field of flowers.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »
Man,Remilia quest Dha gave a lot of secondary quests material!

There are indeed a number of things in this game that have yet to be fully explored. And you may even get to explore the bulk of them in the next game. I can't promise all of them, but certainly some.
Although I suppose, that's more up to you folks than me.

There will be a delay in the epilogue, however, as I seem to be coming down with a case of pneumonia, or so my doctor thinks. Not the best of circumstances for creative writing, that.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #312 on: June 20, 2013, 08:12:27 PM »
There are indeed a number of things in this game that have yet to be fully explored. And you may even get to explore the bulk of them in the next game. I can't promise all of them, but certainly some.
Although I suppose, that's more up to you folks than me.

There will be a delay in the epilogue, however, as I seem to be coming down with a case of pneumonia, or so my doctor thinks. Not the best of circumstances for creative writing, that.
I really look forward to it,but I can be patient! The part about the sequel. Regarding the second one,I wholeheartedly understand:"Better to serve in a doctor's preemptiveness than reign in a heap of complications" .Rest at your leisure and keep on conserving your strength.It is hopefully a mixed-up diagnosis or a first-grade condition readily curable.
Your predicament made me remember some fearful reports by my relatives about my own juvenile exercise-induced asthma problems.They used to happen while exerting my lungs too much during undetermined circumstances,in spite of this these organs are proved to potentially develop a pretty high counter to "flaws".

« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2013, 09:28:11 PM »
Figured I'd give you guys an update. I've seen my doctor a couple more time, and in his judgement, I do not, in fact, have pneumonia. I do, however, have viral bronchitis. Which should, he said, clear up on its own, which is good. But it will be a while before I'm back to my usual old crotchety self.
But at least I've recovered enough to start writing again, which means, barring anything drastic happening, I should have the epilogue ready in a day or two. Although I admit, I may take a couple days before launching the sequal.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #314 on: June 25, 2013, 10:22:38 PM »
No worries man, at least it's not pneumonia!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #315 on: June 27, 2013, 12:06:27 AM »
 8) Double thumbs up for the double good news!8)

« Reply #316 on: July 01, 2013, 03:19:59 AM »
>Sigh amusedly. "Things aren't going to be quiet anymore for a while now, are they? Between playing host to a hunter, and having a hot-headed hornet acting as a second

gatekeeper, as well as those sin spirits that are still out on the lam."

>Dio offers you a wry grin. "If this Gensokyo is anything like the one I know, things are never 'quiet' for very long at all."
>The big hornet nods. "And that's how we like it."

>Sakuya and Amitsu return a few minutes later, carrying a pair of silver platters between them. One is laden with steaming teacups, and the rest with an array of sandwiches, biscuits and sweetmeats. Despite the somewhat limited time they took, the pair have prepared an excellent spread, and a very nice green tea with honey sweetener. The latter of which you take a special moment to savor. In five hundred years, no one's ever really made a cup of tea like your Sakuya, and you've done without for the better part of a week. For a while there tonight, or rather this morning, you were afraid that you might never have another one. Sitting here, in the library, with Sakuya serving you tea, is a moment that brings a tremendous satisfaction to you. Sakuya, too, has that experience, as you can tell by the smile on her face as she serves you. There is a pronounced sensation of 'All's right with the world.' Even Haridoku looming evily around, and Sakuya's time-displaced other self being present, does nothing to spoil the sensation of having your Sakuya back. It's a wonderous feeling.

>Sakuya and Dio spend the rest of the meeting trying not to spend too much time talking to each other. Neither seems entirely comfortable in the company of the other, though neither comes right out and says it. You suppose it makes a kind of sense. Not everyone would find it automatically interesting to see someone else they could have become. You do however encourage the both of them, that they'll get used to each other after some time. And after assuring that all is well between your guests and yourself, and partaking of course of Sakuya and Amitsu's excellent spread, you retire for the day, confidant in Meiling and the other's ability to get Haridoku, Amitsu and Sei settled away. After telling Haridoku to ensure that the termite queen she strung up outside doesn't go anywhere. You want a word with her after you have some rest. You've had a very active evening, after all, and prying apart the two fates of beings such as Sakuya and Pride wasn't entirely easy. You've earned a good day's rest.

>Before you meet her, when you wake up the next evening, you have a word with Wriggle. The young firefly youkai, having been somewhat humilated by the termite, had been given a room by Koakuma to sleep it off. You approve of this. Wriggle DID try, after all. And she assures you that your house is now termite free. The colony's in a bit of disarray since Haridoku put the screws to the queen. If you can convince the queen to relocate, your termite problem will be solved. When you ask how Wriggle was bested, the firefly, with some chagrin, admits that she underestimated the termite queen's command of her colony. She sicced her colony on Wriggle during their danmaku fight, and caught by surpise at her inability to order them off, Wriggle was overwhelmed. Not very sporting of the queen, that. You thank Wriggle for her services, and gauge her ability to perform in an opera. She comes up a bit lacking, so you move on.
>In the forested area to the east of your Mansion, you find the termite queen where Haridoku said she'd left her: hanging from a tree in a face-exposing coccoon of wax, with a rather comedic bump on her head. The little bug greets you with a bit of attitude, so you leave her hanging for a while while you have a chat with her, especially the bit Haridoku mentioned about the 'harem'. You glean that this youkai is rather young, possibly only a matter of months, and she is still driven by the basic instincts of the termite queen: to provide for the colony, and to procreate. Which explains her interest in Wriggle. She probably thought the firefly was a male. Amused by her youth, you extricate the young queen from her waxy prison, and she promptly challenges you for your territory, since your house is made of good wood. Taking up the brash youth's gauge, she, somewhat unfortunately, proves no challenge for you. She's good enough to have beaten Wriggle even if she hadn't cheated a bit, but she's nowhere near your league. After you give her a thorough danmaku clobbering, and a stern warning not to try and make a meal of your house again, you send her and her colony packing.

>Life at the Scarlet Devil Manor slowly starts to return to normal. With Sakuya temporarily off duty, the task of meal preparation is divided between Koakuma and Meiling. While neither is on Sakuya's level, both are quite competant in their own areas. And Amitsu, while not as knowledgeable about full course meals as the other two, helps where she can and adds her own distinct flavor to the offerings. Turns out the bee can work in much more than simply honey, and she's very willing to learn, as well. You look forward to seeing what she and Sakuya can turn out, once Sakuya's back to her old self. Even when she is, though, you put some serious thought in keeping Amitsu around. She proves to be delightful company. She helps with the housework where she can, with meals, and is genuinely good company. It turns out that she was a queen bee larva before she became a youkai, explaining why she has such a demure, reserved personality, and some of the instincts and drives of nobility. And explains how she can control Haridoku as she does. Even though they're different species of bugs, as youkai, Haridoku seems to naturally defer to her authority.
>And it's a good thing she does, since she needs to be kept on a short leash. You glean that she really isn't a bad sort, but she is very gruff, and very blunt. But with Amitsu on one side of her, and Meiling on the other to show her the ropes of what being a guardian of the SDM means, she acquits herself to the task relatively well. And while her personality has some rough spots to her, her danmaku is very good. She and Meiling challenge each other a couple of days later, and Haridoku comes out on top of the exchange. Impressed by her skill, you challenge her yourself a little later, and while you do defeat her handily, she makes you work for it. Her claim of giving Marisa a good fight is not exaggerated. Anyone who can best her is certainly worthy to pit their skills at danmaku against you, and you decide that she can handle the duty well enough, while Meiling is on light duty.

>The fairy Rainy Stars returns to the SDM two days later, and you sit her down for a talk, in an attempt to recruit her into your workforce. Once more, you find yourself quietly amazed at a fairy who can use four syllable words in a sentance and not pretend to know what they mean, or be entirely wrong about it. As Sakuya predicted, she is resistant towards the idea of becoming a full time employee of the Mansion. She assures you it isn't personal, she just isn't ready to make a long term commitment. Despite your best efforts, negociations stall, until Koakuma brings the two of you in some honeyed tea and sweets. At the taste of the sweet candy, Rainy's more traditional fairy-ness reasserts itself, and she assaults the goodies with childlike enthusiasm. Immediately, you see your opportunity, and propose to compensate Rainy with sweets in addition to her more traditional wages. That sways the brunette fairy instantly. You have some trepadation at whether this arrangement will persist once Amitsu departs, but you have absolute confidence in Sakuya's ability to provide the goods just as well. Probably better.

>You receive a pleasant surprise visitor three days after your rescue of Sakuya. Riding atop the back of his bear, Koryu Daidouji arrives at the doors of the SDM. Fortunately, Meiling was standing watch at the time rather than the bug, and she knew that you were hoping the young lad would arrive, so she admits him with no fuss. It is quite a surprise to see him, as he wasn't in the best of shape when you left him in that kappa hospital. He assures you, however, that it was far worse than it looked, and that the kappa took good care of him. He states that while he enjoyed their company and could have stayed there for quite some time, he didn't forget your invitation, and didn't want to insult you by making you wait. Plus, he adds with a grin, it's not every a badass youkai such as yourself invites him into their home, and he wasn't about to pass up the opportunity. You have a bit of an issue sorting out the bear, but Koryu claims that she's taken a shine to him, and you're willing to tolerate the bear's presence so long as it doesn't make any trouble. It can't be any worse than Haridoku, after all. But the bear seems content to park itself in the forested area around your mansion, though you get the impression it won't take her long to storm inside if it senses something wrong with Koryu. Animal youkai such as this can be fiercely protective when their instincts are aroused, but for the moment, it seems content with simple proximity to Koryu.
>While you are giving Koryu the tour of the mansion, another visitor arrives at your front door. It is Lust the Sin Spirit. With Patchouli's barrier still in place, the spirit cannot enter your home, so she delivers her message to Meiling, who then carries the story to you. She came to tell you that Wrath has been returned to the Cobalt Keep, courtesy of the efforts of Reimu and Kogasa. It turned out that Wrath had not sought out Kaguya or Mokou as you had suspected, but rather had bonded with one Medicine Melancholy, the living doll with the pathological hatred of humans. Evidently that merger had been voluntary on the part of both beings, and the resulting Wrath-Medicine was a being of power exceeding even that of Pride-Sakuya. From what Reimu said, it seems that Wrath-Medicine was responsible for the creation of those Rageblooms. With the power of Wrath on her side, Medicine was finally acting on her hatred of humans, rather than simply brooding from atop the hill she lived on. The Rageblooms carried her hatred to other beings.
>Lust admitted she had no idea how Reimu was able to defeat Wrath-Medicine and separate the two beings from each other, but she did, although Kogasa was injured during the battle. According to Lust, Reimu deposited Medicine at Eientei to treat the damage done to her before bringing Wrath's gem back to Tsumiko. She then took Kogasa to her home to help her recuperate. That still leaves Greed unaccounted for, but Lust claimed that now that Tsumiko had six Sins back with her, she could track down Greed on her own. The denizens of the Keep could handle it from there, said they wanted to do some good for Gensokyo after the trouble they'd caused. After delivering her message, Lust then departed to check on Reimu, Kogasa and Medicine. Tsumiko felt responsible for their wounds, and sent Lust out to do what she could to help. You have some serious doubts about the wisdom of the Keeper, letting Lust run over Gensokyo all on her own after all the trouble the other Sins caused, but Meiling assures you that Lust can be depended on to at least not make things worse.

>For the next week, your mansion is as active as it has been in quite a long time. Koryu's experients with his power under Patchouli's guidance, Haridoku learning how to be a proper gate guard under Meiling's watch, Amitsu learning her way around the kitchen with Sakuya, Rainy Stars running around with her new duties, even managing to get the construction of the west wing back under way, and the constant presence of Dio and her understated bafflement of her new surroundings. And of course, you finding time to sit down with your sister and tell her the tale of how you saved your Sakuya and brought her home. But what occupies the bulk of your time is your efforts in putting together your opera. Sei proves to be an interesting partner in your efforts here, as you discover she has a genuine love of music. Music, it seems, is one of the few things that can move her heart, and she demonstrates more than a little skill with a violin. Still, as you and she work, you realize that this isn't going to be an entirely easy effort on your part. It will be well worth it, once it all comes together, and it will. It will be one of the finest shows Gensokyo has seen in ages. It will simply take some time to put it all together.

>Much to your relief, by the end of the week, Sakuya is indeed back to her old self, her natural pride returning to its normal level. Sei had assured you this would be the case, but since the Sins were a type of spirit you'd never dealt with before, you were not entirely convinced of that. It does your heart good to see her back to her old self. Although that does not necessarily mean she has been completely unchanged by her experience. She still presents a cold, impartial face to the world, but somehow, it doesn't seem quite as harsh as you'd grown accustomed to. Well, sometimes, anyway, as she regards Haridoku with a ceratin amount of cool disdain, and she goes out of her way to avoid Dio. Not that the latter is hard, as Dio seems to be avoiding her, as well. But her budding friendship with Amitsu doesn't end once her pride has recovered, and she compliments Rainy Stars on her efficiency and work ethic. You've also noticed over the past week that she and Meiling have spent more time together than they had before this incident. Meiling, in fact, had been keeping almost as close an eye on her as you were while she was recovering, and while normally you might have expected Sakuya to scold her for shirking her duty for such a 'frivolous' pursuit, if anything she seems grateful for the attention from Hong. Though she refuses to admit it outright. She's still Sakuya, after all, and her spirited denial makes you laugh despite yourself.

>Unfortunately, Dio grows increasingly uncomfortable during her stay at your mansion, and despite your best efforts and the efforts of Patchy, you find no immediate or easy method of returning her to her own timeline. Patchouli does unearth one ancient spell that might do the trick, but the ingredients needed to power the spell make it impossible to recreate. You do actually speak to Yukari Yakumo herself about the incident; the gap youkai walked through your front door the day after Lust visited. Evidently she had detected a fluctuation in the timelines and came to investigate. Still, despite her reputation and famed power, the way Dio came into this timeline is something she claims to have never encountered before, and not something even she can simple wave her hand and set to right. She does, however, promise you and Dio that she will do whatever is in her power to get Dio home, though she does say that it may take some time, and that she may need to discuss the matter with a consultant or two. Predictably, she does not elaborate further before gapping her way out of your mansion. Still, Dio seems content to take Yukari at her word. In Dio's timeline, Yukari is a lot of things but she isn't a liar. You hope that this extends to this Yukari as well, at least as long as you and she are working towards the same goal.
>This does not mean, however, that Dio is content to simply sit back and relax until Yukari returns. Despite your best efforts to convince her otherwise, Dio decides to leave the mansion a week after her arrival. She doesn't feel right being around your Sakuya, nor does Sakuya enjoy Dio being here. The two seem to almost unconsciously reject each other, as
though the existence of one is an affront to another. The odd thing about this is, for a vampire hunter like her, she accepts your company more easily than she does that of Sakuya. Despite the circumstances, you find this to be a hopeful sign for Dio, if she can get past the anger and pain you felt within her to reach this point. Plus she says she isn't the sort to stay in one place for too long just cooling her heels. She needs to get out and move, to keep her skills sharp. She wants to see this Gensokyo, as well, and how it differs from hers, and she wants to see if she can find her own way home. You offer her a guide, but she says she travels better alone.
>But more importantly, she promises to return to see you again, whether she finds another way home or not. If for nothing else, she says with a very familiar, Sakuya-like smirk, to see your opera. She isn't a big fan of the genre, but she is very curious about a vampire-run production that isn't couched in evil. Which means that she now believes that you, at least, are not like the vampires she knows, which leaves you feeling very satisfied. As the hunter departs the mansion, you have no doubt that you have not seen the last of her, and that when she returns to her own time, you'll have done something good for her. You've proven that vampires are not the universal evil she believes them to be. And that is a very satisfying thought. With that thought in mind, you sit back in your comfortable chair on your balcony, sipping quietly from a glass of good red wine and watching the moon come up in the east amidst a field of twinkling stars. The night promises to be a good one.

« Reply #317 on: July 01, 2013, 03:28:09 AM »
And that, at last, ladies and gentlemen, is the conclusion of Remilia Quest. I apologize once again for the excessive delays in posting that conclusion, and I thank everyone who contributed to this game and helped bring it to its close, as well as those who may have read quietly. I've been running games on this forum for over two years, and this is the first game of mine that's come to an actual end. I'm grateful for those who stuck with this game and gave it, and me, a chance to do that.

As is tradition, I will leave this thread open for a few days to address any questions or issues you all might have been pondering.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #318 on: July 01, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »
Heh, so Sakuya and Dio have a 'Shirou and Archer Dynamic', as I suspected. (Those who know Fate/Stay Night will get it.)

Am I correct in assuming that the 'Unknown Vampire' that took up residence in the keep prior to the revival of the keep's true owners is something pertaining to the next quest?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2013, 01:20:22 AM »
Heh, so Sakuya and Dio have a 'Shirou and Archer Dynamic', as I suspected. (Those who know Fate/Stay Night will get it.)

Am I correct in assuming that the 'Unknown Vampire' that took up residence in the keep prior to the revival of the keep's true owners is something pertaining to the next quest?

Pretty much. A vampire hunter who's been hating the undead for as long as she can remember, and a woman who has devoted her entire life to serving a vampire. It's gonna take something pretty dramatic to get them to even think about accepting each other, and whatever that something may be is beyond the scope of this quest.

Actually, no. That particular vampire was something I whipped up to give the Keep a more 'lived in' feel. I wanted to give the impression that the Keep had been in Gensokyo for a while, and a structure like that would have had a squatter or two along the lines. That vampire, and to a lesser extent Hoshi as well, were there to give the Keep a more 'organic' feel, if you will. And it also helped me establish something about the Keep's people's treatment of 'guests'. They could have thrown the vampire out on her heels, but instead they put her coffin somewhere out of the way. Under guard, yes, but they didn't stake her or eject her or anything like that. And the armor suits were for her protection as much as anything else.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2013, 02:17:45 PM »
Ah, I see. Well, we can always handle the matter about Flan next quest I suppose.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #321 on: July 02, 2013, 07:14:48 PM »
A few questions begin to form themselves in my mind.

Was Sakuya willing to seek out the Komeiji Sisters or there were other plans involved?
What is Rei planning on doing for the future?
Was the Blighter in the "Guardian Groove" an ancient sealed being related to vampires?
What kind of vampire would have popped out if Remilia decided to restrain the "hunter fate-bubble"?How would she have fared in this timeline?

« Reply #322 on: July 03, 2013, 07:38:31 AM »
A few questions begin to form themselves in my mind.

Was Sakuya willing to seek out the Komeiji Sisters or there were other plans involved?

Very willing. And able, too. Not everyone can go to the underworld safely, but Sakuya has the skill and the power to make that trip. She would have done it, as well, had she not met Pride and got a bit sidetracked. And she may well try again. I'm not saying she would have brought Satori home on the first try, but she would at least have met her. And at least she learned about the Komeji sisters during her adventure, and she would have told Remilia about them once she was home. Now that Remilia knows they exist, it's a safe bet she'll try to get in contact with them, maybe even personally.

What is Rei planning on doing for the future?

Rei is still very young in vampire years. Until she gets used to her life as a vampire, the Cobalt Countess will keep her close to home.
Now that said, she has the soul of an adventurer, and Eriza isn't the type to stifle people. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you'll see her again down the line.

Was the Blighter in the "Guardian Groove" an ancient sealed being related to vampires?

Now, that is a thing that could very well come up again the next quest, so there's not a lot I think I can say about it at this point.

What kind of vampire would have popped out if Remilia decided to restrain the "hunter fate-bubble"?How would she have fared in this timeline?

Ah yes, the vampire Sakuya. She would not have been as welcome in Gensokyo as Dio might be. She was arrogant and cruel, the sort of vampire who genuinely believed herself to be above all other life forms, and had the power to back it up. If she had come through, you would have had a much bigger fight than the one Dio gave you, and I doubt it would have been possible to reason your way past that confrontation like you did with Dio. Vampire-Sakuya would have been nothing but trouble for all parties concerned. The hunter may have had the name 'Dio', but the vampire would essentially have been Dio Brando's favourite daughter. She would have made a good villain, but all things considered, I for one am just as glad you got the hunter instead. At least you don't have to worry about her trying to shank everyone she runs across.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #323 on: July 04, 2013, 12:14:04 PM »
Fire ahead the Second Batch!

If Remilia decided to pay a visit to the Human Village,what hints and reactions,besides Keine's wariness, could she have gathered,most of all from Keine and Akyuu?Would any notable change in paths presented itself?
I remember we went our separate ways from Shou and Reisen,after the crisis blew over at the Keep.What about those two?What is the reactions to their exploits at the Myouren Temple and especially Eientei?There's also the Kappa Sui and her friend.
Do you plan to include the "Pink-coffin-vampire" and Hoshi as elements of the sequel,now that we have pointed them out?

« Reply #324 on: July 04, 2013, 01:30:58 PM »
Fire ahead the Second Batch!

If Remilia decided to pay a visit to the Human Village,what hints and reactions,besides Keine's wariness, could she have gathered,most of all from Keine and Akyuu?Would any notable change in paths presented itself?

If you had gone to the village instead of going to the Myoren Temple first, Keine would have been very suspicious of you. Some youkai she's okay with, but vampires, especially ones that caused major incidents, put her very much on edge. But, you still would have learned that Sakuya had intended to go to the Underworld. You also would have encountered Gluttony instead of Envy. Gluttony would not have given you as much information as Envy did, so it's possible you might not have got caught up in the escapades of the Sin Spirits at all. In that event, you probably would have gone into the Underworld to find the Komeji sisters. In which case, it would have fallen to Meiling to save Sakuya. She would have done it, but it wouldn't have been as smooth a process as it turned out to be.
Boy, what a difference THAT would have been.

I remember we went our separate ways from Shou and Reisen,after the crisis blew over at the Keep.What about those two?What is the reactions to their exploits at the Myouren Temple and especially Eientei?There's also the Kappa Sui and her friend.

Reisen and Shou went home after the events of the Keep were wrapped up, but both of them promised to keep in touch with the Keep's residents. Reisen reported the events of the evening to Kaguya and Eirin, and was praised by her owners for her efforts, though she was also chided for not taking care of the situation sooner, as two of the Rageblooms drifted near Eientei, and Eirin was forced to destroy them herself. Yes, this isn't entirely fair, but no one said Eirin was an entirely fair master.

Shou too was praised by Byakuren when she got home. The Myoren crew are at heart a bunch of do-gooders, and Shou definitely did good tonight. She also informed Byakuren of the evil taint that stained the Keep, the lingering presence of the Ebon Regal, and Byakuren said that she would investigate the matter herself when she brought Envy and Gluttony's gems back to Tsumiko, which she did in person. Whether or not she will have any success at wiping the Regal's taint away from the Keep, only time will tell.

Although Kikomi went with Youmu to the Cobalt Keep, the two of them split up after Youmu defeated Yuzuriha. Kikomi wound up getting ambushed by Nyx, who sedated the Kappa before getting too far in. Nyx didn't hurt her, though, and she left the kappa in one of the spare rooms upstairs in the Keep. Youmu stayed around the Keep long enough for Kikomi to come to, and she explained what happened. Kikomi was still upset, until Tsumiko came to her and apologized profusely for what Envy did with her friend. Seeing Tsumiko's sincerity, Kikomi forgave the Keeper, and went back to the Myoren temple to take her friend home.
It never came up during the game, but the reason Kikomi was so upset by Suirei getting possessed is because she loved her, and not in the 'just friends' way. She didn't realize it, but Sui felt the same way, but she was also very jealous of all the things Kikomi had that she didn't. Ironically, her experience with Envy helped Suirei sort out a lot of those feelings, and the two of them will more than likely make each other very happy, for a long time.

Do you plan to include the "Pink-coffin-vampire" and Hoshi as elements of the sequel,now that we have pointed them out?

That particular vampire is a very, very heavy sleeper. I don't know if she'll even be awake during the events of the sequel. If she is, however, then you may well see her again. I admit, I don't have a specific plan for her at this point, but I'm not ruling out the possibility.
If you'll recall, Hoshi had a microphone by her side when you met her at the Keep. She is a singer, a pop star to be specific, but Remilia will recall that detail, and try to recruit her into her opera. I have a strong suspicion you'll be seeing Hoshi again.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:28:16 AM by Sourtori »

Branneg Xy

« Reply #325 on: July 05, 2013, 08:11:38 PM »
I see,I see.
These are my last questions and observations,if anyone has anymore to ask ,before the thread closes,ask away.

I'm assuming Kyrie the Oracle will play a role of some kind in the sequel.
How are the Cobalt Keep's denizens adjusting to Gensokyo? What about the reactions from the Gensokyo's denizens to these old or new faces?

Thanks for answering all of them,Sour 8) .

« Reply #326 on: July 05, 2013, 09:36:18 PM »
I'm assuming Kyrie the Oracle will play a role of some kind in the sequel.
How are the Cobalt Keep's denizens adjusting to Gensokyo? What about the reactions from the Gensokyo's denizens to these old or new faces?

Thanks for answering all of them,Sour 8) .

At the moment, I have no plans for Kyrie one way or the other. But she's the type of character that has a tendancy to show up if and when you need her. Think of her as the opposite of Yukari like that.

As of the end of this quest, they've only been here a week. But the future looks bright for them. As far as incidents go, this one was rather light, compared to the likes of Yuyuko or Kaguya, so they shouldn't have any lingering grudges against them. They've made friendly contact with Reimu, the Scarlet Devil Manor Crew and the Myoren Crew. That's a pretty damn good start right there, not to mention Reisen and the others you brought with you. I think they'll be just fine, but I suspect you'll have a chance to see that for yourself in the games to come.

My pleasure. And thank you for giving me the opportunity to expound on these things. There's always a few things that never have a chance to come up during the course of a game, and it's nice to get to mention them in this sort of environment.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #327 on: July 06, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »
If you had gone to the village instead of going to the Myoren Temple first, Keine would have been very suspicious of you. Some youkai she's okay with, but vampires, especially ones that caused major incidents, put her very much on edge. But, you still would have learned that Sakuya had intended to go to the Underworld. You also would have encountered Gluttony instead of Envy. Gluttony would not have given you as much information as Envy did, so it's possible you might not have got caught up in the escapades of the Sin Spirits at all. In that event, you probably would have gone into the Underworld to find the Komeji sisters. In which case, it would have fallen to Meiling to save Sakuya. She would have done it, but it wouldn't have been as smooth a process as it turned out to be.
Boy, what a difference THAT would have been.

Thinking back on that in VN style,those before me indeed managed to steer from a so-so Good End path to a True End one.

« Reply #328 on: July 06, 2013, 03:47:30 PM »
True. But I'd say that represents a bit of short sightedness on my part as well. I mean, Remilia could just as easily have gone to the human village first, if she didn't think bothering with Keine wasn't worth the trouble.
That's something I'll have to take into consideration for the next quest. Having contingency plans in case thinks go a bit too far off the rails. But that's all part of the learning process. Even after all the parsing I've done here, I still have much to learn.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #329 on: July 09, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
True. But I'd say that represents a bit of short sightedness on my part as well. I mean, Remilia could just as easily have gone to the human village first, if she didn't think bothering with Keine wasn't worth the trouble.
That's something I'll have to take into consideration for the next quest. Having contingency plans in case thinks go a bit too far off the rails. But that's all part of the learning process. Even after all the parsing I've done here, I still have much to learn.
If i got that right,in Hatate Quest you mean to give choices and clues for the player for easier identifying the different routes  .Is this to avoid a"Subtle and Noxious Route-Shifiting-Locking"?As interesting as it would have been changing the Story's Path and explore the Underworld,your contigency plans seems to be intended at dodging story derailment.
Thank you for your effort.

Please,one last answer.There's one last question,more of an afterthought seeing as I'm hogging all the questions  :blush:   :
"Lust is set to check on Reimu,Kogasa and Medicine.How are they faring post-incident?"
Thanks again.