Author Topic: Succubus Manor - A sim magician game.  (Read 49341 times)

Montblanc

• I'll drive my toe into your eye socket,
  • And I'll Spin in it~
Re: Succubus Manor - A sim magician game.
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2010, 12:25:33 AM »
I'm down for Eskarina. And I only wanted Mai to cook because I thought it'd be a cute image. Maybe she can make herself useful and help out in the kitchen, at least. The Devils seem to like her, anyway.

We really should finish mastering our spells before we get to Patchy's research, but the Study-building plan should still commence.

And I second the idea of the Bartender preparing drinks for the Dancer's show. It'll give them both something to do, and drinks will certainly uplift some mood. We should just be careful not to drink any our self - we ARE living with a bunch of Succubi.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2010, 01:42:54 AM »
We really should finish mastering our spells before we get to Patchy's research, but the Study-building plan should still commence.
The Research for Patchouli is the reason why we have to improve our Research, isn't it?
I don't say that we should focus on it C.Gems 60, C.Wood 30 and R.f.P. 10 will do.

And I second the idea of the Bartender preparing drinks for the Dancer's show. It'll give them both something to do, and drinks will certainly uplift some mood. We should just be careful not to drink any our self - we ARE living with a bunch of Succubi.
Why not adding Waitress and Butler and let the four arrange a weekly "after work party"?^^
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Montblanc

• I'll drive my toe into your eye socket,
  • And I'll Spin in it~
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2010, 02:11:04 AM »
That sounds like a splendid idea.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2010, 02:25:18 AM »
The Research for Patchouli is the reason why we have to improve our Research, isn't it?
I don't say that we should focus on it C.Gems 60, C.Wood 30 and R.f.P. 10 will do.
Yes. But we've got like 26 weeks, and dividing up research without finishing things just slows everything down without helping. Also, we shouldn't really bother assigning exact numbers, since we don't know how much research it takes to learn the spells, except that we're at least halfway done with the two we started.

Just finish C.Gems/Wood and put the remainder into whatever (Patchy Research just wastes time right now but it's the popular choice so w/e)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2010, 02:36:18 AM »
I would say it'd help to put a little into Patchy's research, just to see how far we have to go. Then we can try to budget a bit each week til we hit it.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2010, 02:38:09 AM »
I'm dividing your research based on votes, so exact numbers won't really help beyond allowing me to prioritize research overflow.

However you got more then halfway done with both spells previously, so you'll probably finish both this week.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2010, 02:39:07 AM »
I say just finish up our current research then put 20 in the Patchouli research.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2010, 03:02:13 AM »
Week 2 Results

Building Phase

Ferra - "A study?  That's what you want now?"
Sakaki - "Magicians..."

Study - +5 research

Mai - "This would be a great place to attach a library.  And a dedicated casting tower."

Research Phase

It takes you only half the week to master both spells, so you spend the next half working on notes about the Devils.

Research for Patchouli - 50
Learned Create Gems!  For every 20 mana you can create one gem.
Learned Create Wood!  For every 5 mana you can create one wood.

Yuki: "Hm...  With my skill at transmutation I should be able to convert gems to wood at a much better exchange rate.  And I definitely could empower gems to store mana."

Quote from: Fluff
Yuki focused on the glasses wearing devil in front of her.  Reality warped and she saw the devil's true name and grasped it.  "I name you Eskarina!"

The devil blinked.  "Is that a Prachett reference?"  Then she shrugged and readjusted her glasses.  "That's fine.  It's still pretty."

"Better then what Mai was suggesting," Yuki muttered.  "Anyway I know Koakuma's the librarian devil, but can you help with research?"

Eskarina nodded.  "A little.  Once we get battieries or other higher technological pieces I can also make toys and tools.  In fact I can already think of a special item that would help you and Mai relax a bit more.  Alone or together...."

Yuki shook her head quickly.  "Um, I think I'll prioritize your research, okay!  Let's stick to more productive items for now."

"As you wish Ms Yuki."
Spells:
You name the Scientist "Eskarina".  She likes her name, and happily begins scouring your bookshelves looking for ideas.  As a named devil her level is automatically increased by one.  For naming a devil, Morale and Max Morale have increased by 5.

Eskarina  Scientist   1   +5 research.

Eskarina: "I know magic and science don't overlap well, but I should be able to give you ideas.  And with a library I could do even more."

Special Actions

Have Eskarina help out with the research.

Eskarina: "I can't directly help you with spells, but I can get you physical data for all of us succubi.  That should be worth something."

Her well organized data gives you 25 research worth of info on the devils.

Have Dancer set up a performance.

Dancer: "Okay.  I'll need a pole and seven veils."
Yuki: "Denied!"
Dancer: "Fine....  Got any zombie fairies?"

Have Bartender serve drinks at the performance.

Yuki: "Sex on the beach?  Roll in the Hay?  Screaming Orgasm?  You can't seriously be calling your mixed drinks that!"
Bartender: "I swear, this actually wasn't my idea!"

Have Waitress help.

Waitress: "Sure.  I was going to help anyway."

Have Butler help.

Butler: "I suppose someone should keep track of all the alcohol being lost.

Dancer's performance was good.  She is no longer bored.  Bartender's drinks were good.  She is no longer bored.  Morale increases by 9.  Masseuse and Bodyguard attempted to feel you up while drunk.  You gain 2 stress.  Butler's rationing decreased the parties cost to $46.

Send Mai out for wood again

Mai: "I'm a magician.  Not a luberjack!"

Mai's questionable efforts at forestry only managed to get 10 wood.

Quote from: Fluff
Sakaki smiled as she looked at the study.  Even if she wanted her mill up and running earlier she was proud of the work she'd done.  Especially since she'd left room both for future house expansions and for study extensions.

"Meow."

Sakaki turned to find a black cat looking down at her from a nearby tree.  "Ah!  Did you get stuck up there?  Let me help you."

The small devil reached out to get a hold of the cat and help it down.  Just as she got withing range she noticed it had two tails.  The beast opened it's mouth wide and bit down on her hand.

The next few seconds had the devil flailing about wildly until the cat decided to let go.  It then darted into the mansion.

Inside the study Yuki sighed as the crashes and yells began.

Events:
A black youkai cat entered the mansion today.  There was a fair amount of chaos before it was chased out.Sakaki's injuries were prevented by Marie.  The mansion needs $5 in repairs.

Due to the party no devils became restless.
The weeks work causes you 5 stress.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:50:46 AM by IcedFairy »

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2010, 03:02:41 AM »
Week 3

Current Stats
Wood130Gems0
Iron30Money227
Research110Mana100
Defense140Notoriety2
Stress10%Morale85/85
Income - $89

First post for current devil list

Market
AssetBuy PriceSell Price
Wood2510
Gems10050
Iron5020

Build - You can build the following structures:
Larger house          - 100 wood                 - Raises max Morale.  Allows more structures
Library                      - 100 wood                 - Raises Eskarina's level
Casting Chamber  - 500 wood 100 iron   - Mana +50, Allows more structures
Farm                         - 100 wood                 - Raises Farmhand?s level
Forge                        - 50 wood 15 iron      - Raise?s Ferra?s level, Allows Mill construction
Fence                       - 50 wood                    - Protects structures from damage

Research - You can research the following things.  Spells in italics are halfway finished.
Transmute Gems to Wood:
Create Iron:
Create Money:
Empower Gems:
Research for Patchouli - 75

Spells - You may cast the following spells:
Name Devil - 100 mana - Special: You must name the devil. - Pick an unnamed devil.  That devil gains the name you desire and 1 level of skill immediately.  In addition, named devils are far more likely to succeed at special tasks and add to defense.  Named devils may gain other special abilities as well.
Create Wood - 5 mana - Creates 1 wood
Create Gems - 20 mana - Creates 1 gem

Special Actions - Maximum 7 - Limit one per devil/magician
Dance Party - Requires Dancer, Bartender.  Devils do not become bored at the end of the week.  Morale may be gained, and stress may be gained or lost depending on RNG.  This party costs d4 * 4d10 in cash.  Butler can decrease the multiplier.
Write in
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:04:26 AM by IcedFairy »

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2010, 03:10:16 AM »
I should have seen that coming when naming the devil Sakaki really :P.

Maybe we should build a forge now or maybe a fence?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:12:17 AM by Psycho Doll.S »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2010, 03:21:27 AM »
I vote for larger house.

Also, I'm thinking we need to lower stress.

And we need a good job for Mai.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2010, 03:27:22 AM »
I agree with a forge.

Research Empower Gems.

Name our Masseuse, I'd take a guess she reduces stress, and we want to keep that LOW; two weeks and it's already at 10%. Both for our happiness and to not lose the game, lets manage it well.

As for the name, how about... I dunno. Just come up with something :V

Yell at Mai to get some research towards spells done. If we learn the spell in one go this week and there's leftover research, use it towards Patchouli's thing.

hey there purvisninja, oh I answered two of your things :D
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2010, 03:34:47 AM »
That 75 research; is that the amount of points in it, or the completion percentage? I assume the former. Do w know how many points we need to pour into it to finish it?

Name the Masseuse Hathor.

I like a larger house for more options early, myself. But I shant oppose a forge.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2010, 03:42:17 AM »
I should have seen that coming when naming the devil Sakaki really :P.
I rolled two events.  Both involved cats.  There was only one acceptable target.

That 75 research; is that the amount of points in it, or the completion percentage? I assume the former. Do w know how many points we need to pour into it to finish it?
That's the number of points put in.  You think you'll know when you break the halfway point, but beyond that it's guesswork.

You are certain  this will take longer then most low level spells.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2010, 03:43:48 AM »
How about name the Masseuse Kyouatsu?

Also I guess forge should do, actually can we use our special action to make one of the Devils or Mai to build something?

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2010, 03:48:45 AM »
Also I guess forge should do, actually can we use our special action to make one of the Devils or Mai to build something?
You can ask them to build things, but buildings are beyond the scope of what they can do (Ferra and Sakaki can only do so much in a week) and currently you have limited tools.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2010, 04:05:53 AM »
I swear to god if some devil doesn't end up with a Goa'uld name, I'm locking this thread and handing out probations like M&Ms.

A question, Iced, where are you getting your random events from? (Note that a perfectly acceptable answer is "None yo bidness").

Also: May a devil do a special action and still use their weekly ability, or do we have to pick one or the other?

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2010, 04:11:14 AM »
I swear to god if some devil doesn't end up with a Goa'uld name, I'm locking this thread and handing out probations like M&Ms.
:ohdear:

A question, Iced, where are you getting your random events from? (Note that a perfectly acceptable answer is "None yo bidness").
I've started with the Maid RPG charts, though I tweak them to fit my personal desires.  That should keep me going for a while.

I have more when those begin to bore me.

Also: May a devil do a special action and still use their weekly ability, or do we have to pick one or the other?
The bonuses you see on the devil list are innate qualities.  Special actions are separate, so you can use both.  When you give a devil who has a unique special action a name that'll go into the Special actions menu like the "Dance Party" did.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2010, 04:45:35 AM »
In that case, I recommend going berserk with special actions for a bit.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2010, 05:01:37 AM »
Build the Forge, finally our first step on the way to become Makais first steel baroness.^^
Also research Empower Gems and naming Masseuse.

Name the Masseuse Hathor.
Hathor? No girl want to be named after a cow even if said cow is a goddess. I think Circe fits better.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2010, 05:24:35 AM »
Hathor? No girl want to be named after a cow even if said cow is a goddess. I think Circe fits better.
Look at you, a pathetic creature of meat and bone...

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »
How do we unlock new buildings?  So the forge is for unlocking the mill, but how are other buildings unlocked, and just what are other buildings?

in any case, I support the building of a forge, and putting research into empowering gems, with the rest into patchy's research.

I'd put off naming our masseuse until we have a stronger economic base.  I'd say we should look into naming our masseuse around 50% stress, Yuki should be able to hold off until that long.  Instead, name our architect, to see if that unlocks more buildings.

Badass bookworms

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2010, 05:28:32 AM »
I'd say we should look into naming our masseuse around 50% stress, Yuki should be able to hold off until that long.  Instead, name our architect, to see if that unlocks more buildings.
Afterwards, our stress will still likely be on an average rate of increasing, it is NOT a good idea to simply let it get high before we start worrying. About the architect, we still have plenty of good stuff to build, so we can wait another week or so.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2010, 05:29:28 AM »
As for stress things... Maybe a vacation special action could end up reducing stress? Or something similar.

Or stress balls!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2010, 05:32:24 AM »
I am assuming even moderate amounts of stress are going to screw us up.

Name dat Masseuse.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2010, 05:38:01 AM »
Yes, name the Masseuse Kyouatsu.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2010, 05:39:14 AM »
How do we unlock new buildings?  So the forge is for unlocking the mill, but how are other buildings unlocked, and just what are other buildings?
Sadly most of this is guesswork.  You've never built a manor before.

However everything you can build will be in the build options.  You'll never have to guess once you've gotten the ability to build a building.

I am assuming even moderate amounts of stress are going to screw us up.
It's entirely possible to gain 75% stress in a single action.  A very very stupid action.  But possible.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2010, 08:26:23 AM »
Name the Masseuse Helepolis because

:helepolis:

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2010, 08:30:29 AM »
Name the Masseuse Helepolis because

:helepolis:

>The only other acceptable substitute.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2010, 03:37:35 PM »
> Name the Masseuse.
> I agree with the name Helepolis.
> Build the forge.  We need some place for metal work.
> Should we throw another dance party?
> I also agree with the research of Empowering Gems and pouring the rest into Patchouli's stuff.
> Should we send Glenda out to see if she can find an acting job?

Shouldn't Eskarina's level be at one now?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:39:30 PM by Kasunagi-no-Tsurugi »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.