Author Topic: Succubus Manor - A sim magician game.  (Read 48755 times)

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
Succubus Manor - A sim magician game.
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:19:35 AM »
(I?ve gone mad.  It?s the only explanation.  I don?t know why I decided to run with the sim succubus game, but I did.  Anyway hopefully I've lurked enough to run this properly.  If not I'll accept my brutal murder with grace and dignity.  Or screaming, one of the two.

This is a player controlled "sim" game.  In sim ant you try to manage a colony.  In sim city you manage a town.  Here you try to mange a house full of succubi.  I'm taking advantage of the text format to avoid having to think of (and write out) a million different sub actions for each devil.

This will update once every other day.  Perhaps faster if there?s a great deal of interest and I?m not crushed by other demands.)

Succubus Manor!

You are Yuki, a magician of Makai.  Recently your best friend Mai convinced you, somehow, to take control of a group of nameless devils in order to assist you in your research.  With a whole squad of devils at your command, you believed you could easily build the mansion of your dreams and start stocking a library that would make every other mage in Makai green with envy.

You are obviously an idiot.

Your life is now a hell of paperwork.  You still only have a small house.  The little succubi are trying to seduce you every night, and you owe Patchouli a research paper on the devils at the end of the year or else she?ll take Elle to the Scarlet Devil mansion, meaning you?ll have MORE paperwork.  And Mai is of no help.

You?ve finally put your foot down and gotten things somewhat organized.  You believe you have a system worked out that will allow you to finally get construction started in addition to keeping your research going.  You'll just have to micromanage the devils to do it.  And Mai as well if necessary!

Statistics and Game Rules:

Assets (Wood, Iron, Gems, Money) - These items will be required to build your mansion and equip your devil familiars.  You can use money to buy wood, iron, or gems.  You can also sell those items for money.  However the market does take it?s cut.

Research - The entire point of being a magician.  Research allows you to acquire new spells.  In addition it allows you to justify to Patchouli the continued loan of her secretary devil. 

Research refreshes each week, and research done on a project doesn?t go away.  Sadly, the amount needed to research a particular spell is hidden.

Spells - You have a great number of spells.  Sadly most of them are combat related.  As you do research more helpful spells you can use them to aid your work.  All spells cost mana and other resources.  Mana refreshes at the end of the week.

Defense - Sometimes bad things will happen to your mansion.  Defense is your ability to convince door to door salesmen, dragons, and other youkai to leave you alone.  Named devils add to your defense.

Notoriety - The amount of attention you?ve gotten from your actions.  The more people that know you exist, the better your income, but the more troubles that seem to come your way.

Stress - How close you are to repeating the end of The Shining.  Don?t let this number reach 100%.

Morale - How close your devil servants are to rebelling and just turning the place into a bordello, forcing the moral censors to end this thread.

Devil List - These are the devils currently at your command.  Many of these devils are still unnamed, but you can use their title as a placeholder name.

NameOccupationLevelAbilities
*ChouCook4$360 income, Devils are less likely to become bored
*SakakiBuilder4+200 wood
*AlouetteMaid3Decreases morale losses by 3, increases gains by 3.  Perfect maid.
*ElleOffice Lady3Reduces stress gains by 3%
*CassiaAccountant4Increases income by 20%
*MarieDoctor1Prevents minor injuries.  Can heal other injuries, including death, over time.
*FerraSmith5Produces 100 iron per week.
*GlendaActress2$100 income
*EskarinaScientist3+75 research
*HelepolisMasseuse3Reduces Stress via actions.
*ApophisArchitect3Reduces building Costs by 10%, can act to give an extra build action.
*RubyExplorer14 (50xp)Fights Nazis.  Saves World.
*HibachiMerchant525% bonus to market related activities
*HeatherFarmgirl2+60 income, +50 to all other income sources
*ElspethButler1+2 Special Action, Support
*ElminiaWaitress2$10 income for each food building.  +5 defense.
*"Shotglass"Bartender2$150 income
*JoanBodyguard2+15 defense, takes hits for other devils, can't die
*KiralaArtisan4+45 income, +75 gems
*MayaDancer1+100 income

Your Current Manor
Currently your home is a large house, with roms for all and a lot of open space.  It contains:
A larger kitchen.
A study.
A library.
A casting chamber
Maid Quarters
Waiting Rooms

Outside your manor you've constructed:
A mill, which is connected to a portal to the Forest of Woe.
A farm.
A foundry which is connected by a portal to the Scrapyard of Insufferable Arrogance.
A portal to the gem mines of Boatmurder
A wall and moat.
A hot spring

Weekly actions

Each week you can perform these five actions.  They will be handled in this order in case of conflicts.

Market - Buy and sell assets.  Trades that allow the most popular legal actions will be prioritized.

Build - Build a structure.  Buildings give you more options and increase how effective your devils are at their tasks.  You can only build one building a week, so the building with the most votes will be constructed.  ?No build? is an acceptable option.

Research - Attempt to create a spell or otherwise advance your knowledge.  You may spread or focus your research among as many projects as you like.  Research will be divided equally based on posts.

Cast a Spell - Spells will be cast based on popular demand until mana runs out.

Special Actions - You, Mai, and each devil, may be given one special action to attempt per week.  Only 7 people can currently get special orders in a given week.  The success of special actions is based a lot on the devils power, and the resources available to her.  Named devils are much better at special actions then unnamed devils.  You and Mai of course are better then devils at tasks outside of their occupations.

All special actions will start as write in actions.

Random Events -Strange things happen in Makai.  Some good, some bad.  At the end of each week  something will happen to your project.  Your notoriety will affect what those events can be.

Victory
You win the game when you either build your dream mansion, allowing you to finally relax, or when you cast the ?Win Game? spell, allowing you to beat the crap out of the fool responsible for this thread and secure your happiness at your leisure.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:11:08 AM by IcedFairy »

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
Re: Succubus Manor - A sim magician game.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 05:22:23 AM »
Week 1

Current Stats
Wood150Gems0
Iron25Money100
Research100Mana100
Defense135Notoriety0
Stress0%Morale75
Income - $79

Market
AssetBuy PriceSell Price
Wood2510
Gems10050
Iron5020

Build - You can build the following structures:
Larger house     - 100 wood               - Raises max Morale.  Allows more structures
Kitchen                - 25 wood                 - Raises Chou?s level
Study                    - 50 wood                 - +5 research.  Allows more structures
Farm                    - 100 wood               - Raises Farmhand?s level
Forge                   - 50 wood 15 iron    - Raise?s Ferra?s level

Research - You can research the following things:
Create Wood:
Create Iron:
Create Money:
Create Gems:
Research for Patchouli:

Spells - You may cast the following spells:
Name Devil - 100 mana - Special: You must name the devil. - Pick an unnamed devil.  That devil gains the name you desire and 1 level of skill immediately.  In addition, named devils are far more likely to succeed at special tasks and add to defense.  Named devils may gain other special abilities as well.

Special Actions - Maximum 7 - Limit one per devil/magician
Write in

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 06:25:06 AM »
What sort of game is this?

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 06:36:03 AM »
Hrm... Guess I wasn't descriptive enough.

It's a player controlled "sim" game.  In sim ant you try to manage a colony.  In sim city you manage a town.  Here you try to mange a house full of succubi.  I'm taking advantage of the text format to avoid having to think of (and write out) a million different sub actions for each devil.

I envision it being similar to the dungeon questing, except with more management and hilarous randomness and less direct RP.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 06:41:23 AM »
Makes a whole lot more sense now. Carry on.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 06:42:39 AM »
Let's build a kitchen, and reserch create gems.

Gotta increase income.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:34:03 AM by Psycho Doll.S »

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 07:28:31 AM »
Install Cheat Engine. Freeze stress-level at 0.

Hey, it's what I'd do if someone forced me to play a sim-game!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 07:37:41 AM »
Kimiko, why you gotta be hatatin'? =[

Gotta increase income.

This thing. Rich people don't have real problems.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 01:37:05 PM »

Gotta increase income.
Thirded.

EDIT:  I agree with the above, but like Chaore said, we should shift the research to wood.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 02:17:38 PM by Kasunagi-no-Tsurugi »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 02:15:07 PM »
or when you cast the ?Win Game? spell, allowing you to beat the crap out of the fool responsible for this thread and secure your happiness at your leisure.

I think we can all agree about what we're going for here.

That said, I'd only like to suggest changing research to 'Create Wood' As everything we can build requires wood and we're in trouble if we run out, and we've no devil on builder atm.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 02:29:25 PM »
I think we can all agree about what we're going for here.
:ohdear:
That said, I'd only like to suggest changing research to 'Create Wood' As everything we can build requires wood and we're in trouble if we run out, and we've no devil on builder atm.
Builder is currently a nameless devil.  If you increased her level by giving her a name she would almost certainly start producing wood, though that spell would require you to think up a name.

In addition you can still assign up to 7 special write in tasks.  If you are worried about your devils getting injured you can always try to do it yourself.  Or yell at Mai until she does it.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »
Make Mai get wood.........:blush: not like that.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »
I say we cast a spell to get the builder a name.

Chaore

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
I say we cast a spell to get the builder a name.

Obviously on the to-do list... Actually.

Special Action: Make Mai cast 'Name Devil' on the builder.

As for the name... Well, Folks? What should we name it?

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 05:03:50 PM »
Vote Sakaki.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 05:21:02 PM »
Vote Sakaki.
I'm fine with anything so I'll second this.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 07:28:07 PM »

Gotta increase income.
I agree but it is preferable to build a Forge instead of a kitchen.

1. Increase income of commodities
2. Invest commodities to increase financial income
3. Profit
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 07:32:29 PM »
Depends on how much more income the kitchen will earn us.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 08:07:29 PM »
Not really, I assume that the increase would be equivalent.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 10:39:22 PM »
Reguarding the gains from building....

It's a decent assumption that higher priced buildings will get you more stuff.  However your previous knowledge about buildings mainly revolved around how quickly they caught fire, and you have only basic guesses as to economics.  You're certain that some expansions to the mansion may grant additional benefits that will only become evident after they are built, or in conjunction with other buildings.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 10:40:45 PM »
I see...  Well for now, I still stand by the kitchen.  We can do the forge next week.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 10:48:32 PM »
Kitchen means better eating. Better eating means less stress and maybe happier servants.

Montblanc

• I'll drive my toe into your eye socket,
  • And I'll Spin in it~
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 10:52:41 PM »
I second the vote for a kitchen. I also second yelling at Mai to make her name the Devil Sakaki.

Don't make me blackmail you, Mai! I'm sure Shinki would love to know who ate the Demon Cookies out of the Demon Cookie Jar.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 11:11:24 PM »
So it's build kitchen and make Mai name a devil Sakaki (Hey wait, didn't Devils already have names?) so far.

For the research I say create gem. Any objections?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 11:15:22 PM »
So it's build kitchen and make Mai name a devil Sakaki (Hey wait, didn't Devils already have names?) so far.

For the research I say create gem. Any objections?
I think we should go for wood.  Best to build up some more building materials first.

Chaore

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 11:33:26 PM »
(Hey wait, didn't Devils already have names?)

We do have more than the named devils, (The other occupations have demons assigned to them) they're un named though.

Still saying Create wood. It has more use than gems that we know of at the moment.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 11:52:10 PM »
You know, if Mai names a devil we could name another Devil using our mana.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 11:57:04 PM »
You know, if Mai names a devil we could name another Devil using our mana.
Sadly your Mana amount is the ambient magic of the area.  It doesn't really matter which one of you casts the spell, since the area won't be able to support a working of that magnitude again this week.

You've heard of ways of using Makai's miasma to increase the amount of ambient magic in an area, but that's in a field of magic you and Mai know nothing about.  Maybe sometime in the future you'd know what you'd need to begin attempting such a feat.

Chaore

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 01:35:06 AM »
Sadly your Mana amount is the ambient magic of the area.  It doesn't really matter which one of you casts the spell, since the area won't be able to support a working of that magnitude again this week.

You've heard of ways of using Makai's miasma to increase the amount of ambient magic in an area, but that's in a field of magic you and Mai know nothing about.  Maybe sometime in the future you'd know what you'd need to begin attempting such a feat.

Thought it was like that, thus why I didn't try it myself. Would've been the best exploit ever and made Mai far more usefull.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 03:39:29 AM »
Week 1 Results

Building Phase

Ferra - "You want a kitchen?  I suppose that's fine for now...."

Kitchen
Chou   Cook   2   $35 income, Devils are less likely to become bored, +??% income from bar.

Chou - "Everyone's happier now that we can make good food every day, but I'm afraid we don't really have a way of distributing food to customers right now.  I can only make so much money selling things at market.  Maybe we could make a bakery after you increase the houses size?"

Research Phase

Gems and wood aren't your favored elements, but you are a master of transmutation.  Your research progresses well.  You believe you're about to have a breakthrough in your research of Create Wood, and you are certain you're at least halfway to mastering Create Gems

Create Gems - 60 research
Create Wood - 40 research

Quote from: Fluff
Mai gave Yuki an odd look.

Yuki shrugged in reply.  "You're the demonologist.  You cast the spell."

"Fine."  Mai finished the chalk circles then unleashed the magic.  She then fixed her eyes on the devil who wore a laborers kimono (only half on of course) and an assortment of salvaged tools.  Reality cracked then reformed.

"Your name is Sakaki," stated Mai, seconds before the devil caught her in a flying hug that took them both to the ground.  Mai's squawk of protest was cut off by the devil kissing her.

When Sakaki tried the same move of Yuki the fire magician deftly dodged and held her at arms length.  "Glad you like it."

"Aw, Miss Yuki.... Can't I give you the thank you kiss?"

"No."
Spells:
You get Mai to name "Builder" Sakaki.  She's thrilled with her new name, even if housecats seem to dislike her now.  As a named devil her level is automatically increased by one.  For naming a devil, Morale and Max Morale have increased by 5.

Sakaki   Builder   1   +10 wood.

Sakaki: "Once we have a forge going to get me some better tools, we should be able to build a mill for better lumber production."

Special Actions

Send Mai out for wood

Mai: "????"
Mai: "Oh well. I guess I'll freeze a few trees."

Mai's questionable efforts at forestry still managed to get 20 wood.

Quote from: Fluff
Yuki yawned and got out of bed.  She got dressed, then unlocked the door.  She'd learned that was the only way to keep her new retinue from "having bad dreams" and trying to sneak into bed with her.

As she began working her way towards the new kitchen she saw several of the little devils out in the yard, playing with a pinata.  She frowned and went to look for Alouette.

Yuki found the maid devil at the front door keeping an eye on the proceedings.  "Is there some sort of holiday?"

Alouette jumped, then turned and bowed.  "Oh!  Ms Yuki.  No that's a thief Bodyguard caught.  We were teaching him a lesson."

Yuki considered the matter for a moment, then decided things here didn't need her supervision.  Coffee was far more important.  "Well, keep up the good work.  And if it dies toss it in the new ice room."

"As you command Miss Yuki!"

Events:
Some thieves (Str 21) attempted to break into the mansion (Def 140), but the devils easily overpowered them without having to bother you at all.  Their defeat and humiliation has caused you to gain 2 notoriety, and nothing was lost.

Nameless Devil "Bartender" is restless
Nameless Devil "Dancer" is restless.
The weeks work causes you 4 stress.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:44:38 AM by IcedFairy »