Author Topic: Space Fairy Quest - The Legend of the Red Shirt (Complete)  (Read 30683 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Space Fairy Quest - The Legend of the Red Shirt
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 09:01:10 AM »
>If this is a kingdom, is there a king? If not, shouldn't this be a queendom?
> What's a man? More importantly, are they shiny?
>There aren't many men in the Fairy Kingdom, and normally their job is to deal with all the boring stuff that comes with running a country (polly-ticks and fy-nahns and stuff). King Oberon is too busy with his work to make many public appearances, but Queen Titania more than makes up for it - she takes time to name every little fairy that comes into the world. Plus girls get to do all the cool stuff like go into space.

> "Are 'Liv-in Coo-arse-ers' and 'Ann-ginny Room' my crewmates?"
> "Negative. Your crewmates total seventy-three privates, 8 lieutenants, medical personnel, CO Bootstrap and Captain Blackwing. The captain is currently away dealing with a crew member who attempted to steal a vital component of the ship's exterior."
That was way too many long words for you to follow, but it probably had to do with that 'crime' you witnessed earlier.

> Let's be perfectly frank, the CO is likely to have the most shinies. Let us learn from them.
>You follow Ada into the living quarters. A huge corridor opens up in front of you, and at both sides are the largest bunk beds you've ever seen. Some would settle for putting two beds on top of each other, but fairies kick reason to the curb and won't settle for bunk beds with less than a dozen stories. Each bed has a little name tag next to it so its owner can claim their spot - though it looks like it'd be easy to rub out.
"Officer Bootstrap," Ada starts, "I've brought you the latest re-"
Before she can finish, a voice booms out from the closest bed.
"Shaddap, ya no-good hunka scrap! Don't interrupt yer CO when she's havin' some beauty sleep!"
The covers are pulled aside to reveal a fairy in a foul mood. Her dress is patterned with khaki camo, and her helmet perpetually covers her eyes from view.
You barely notice this, though. You're focused on the plethora of INCREDIBLY SHINY MEDALS attached to her dress. There are literally dozens of them, and they sparkle every time she so much as moves. She must spend hours polishing them to that sheen.
"So, yer the last of 'em, huh?" CO Bootstrap circles you, her wings lazily flapping to keep her a few inches off the floor. She looks at your name tag for an instant before pulling her head back. "Oh, for the love of glitter, you're one-a them edumacated types, ain't ya? The kind that'd rather read a book than chase a puppy or catch a sunset or shoot an alien in the face?"
You are not, of course. You aren't even sure if that sort of fairy actually exists. But your name doesn't seem to have given off the best first impression.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:02:51 AM by Shiroukanken Le Bel Sakuya »

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »
>"No way! I'm really good at chasing puppies!"

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 09:10:17 AM »
> "...puppy where?!"

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 09:13:06 AM »
> ask what we have to do to get that many shinies
> consider plans to acquire Bootstrap's shinies until we have our own

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 09:31:15 AM »
>"Is a see-oh an animal or a fairy? You look like a fairy."

You aren't even sure if that sort of fairy actually exists.
>Guess we haven't met Luna then.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:36:30 AM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 09:43:45 AM »
>Does said ''fairy queen'' have blue hair, proclaims herself to be the strongest and has a green-haired associate?
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 11:45:56 AM »
> "I just want a medal!"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 12:43:21 PM »
>Does said ''fairy queen'' have blue hair, proclaims herself to be the strongest and has a green-haired associate?
>No, though someone of that description did attempt to stage a coup a few months ago. The revolution ended when the rebellion found a passing butterfly more interesting than overthrowing the monarchy.

>"No way! I'm really good at chasing puppies!"
> "...puppy where?!"
>There are no puppies here. Between this and the bees-knees you're beginning to wonder if anyone on this ship can tell the truth.
>"You don't LOOK like a puppy-chaser." Bootstrap stares at you, or rather she stares at the inside of her helmet. Can she see out of that thing? "You don't have the smell of hounds about ya. There ain't even a specka mud on yer dress and you say yer a puppy-chaser? Shut yer trap."

>"Is a see-oh an animal or a fairy? You look like a fairy."
>Bootstrap growls. "You will refer to me as Officer Bootstrap, private! If you dare to call me a 'fairy' again, you can just drop and gimme twenty!"

> "I just want a medal!"
> ask what we have to do to get that many shinies
>At the mention of her medals, Bootstrap smiles. "Pretty, ain't they?" She runs a hand along them with the tenderness a mother would use to handle her child. "Ain't no-one in this navy that's got more medals than I do.
How did I get 'em?" She puffs her chest out. "Simple. I did what any good fairy does and got shot. A lotta times, actually. I was really good at gettin' shot so the captain didn't have to, and they gave me a shiny every time I did it. Now I get to boss around other fairies so they can get shot insteada me."
She pouts and adds with a murmur: "Ain't as fun, though. Sometimes I charge just cuz I want another shiny."

> consider plans to acquire Bootstrap's shinies until we have our own
>The shinies jingle every time she moves, and they look pretty tightly pinned to her dress. If you wanted to take them, you'd probably have to go all the way and take her dress - which, admittedly, is not unheard of in fairydom.

"So, you got any questions about the ship?" Bootstrap asks. "Captain says I gotta put all the newcomers through the Q&A so the recruits don't try to fire themselves out the missile chutes. If y'ask me, a hard head does more damage to the enemy than an explosion ever will."

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 01:52:43 PM »
> add "firing ourselves out of the missile chute" to the to-do-list, it sounds fun!

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 02:10:14 PM »
>"But, I don't have twenty!"

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 05:44:37 PM »
> "Ooooooh...I wanna get shot! Wanna! Wanna! Wannaaa! Where do I find 'shots'? Are they sweet? Or...ooh...better, are they shiny? They must be if they're worth shinies, right?"
> "Oooh, ooh! I've got a hard head too! See?!" Headbutt to the face.

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 10:47:51 PM »
>Keep our eyes glued to the shinies on her dress the entire time.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »
> "Ooooooh...I wanna get shot! Wanna! Wanna! Wannaaa! Where do I find 'shots'? Are they sweet? Or...ooh...better, are they shiny? They must be if they're worth shinies, right?"
> "Oooh, ooh! I've got a hard head too! See?!" Headbutt to the face.

Come now, let's not go full retard. We're an upstanding representative!

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 11:35:56 PM »
Come now, let's not go full retard. We're an upstanding representative!
>Of course we are! It's not like we're sitting down!
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 11:53:56 PM »
> "When do we start collecting space shinies?"

> "Is there a planet made of shinies?"

> "Would firing ourselves out of a missile chute be fun? It sounds like fun."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:56:36 PM by capt. h »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2013, 02:38:45 AM »
>"Have you done it?"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »
> add "firing ourselves out of the missile chute" to the to-do-list, it sounds fun!
>You add a new aspiration to your personal set of Important Life Goals. It's filed neatly between 'bake a cake' and 'global domination'.

>"But, I don't have twenty!"
> "Of course ya don't! Why, I bet a whippersnapper like you doesn't even have TWO." Bootstrap folds her arms and pushes her face a few inches in front of yours. "But it's my job to turn ya into one of the fiercest, toughest, badassest fairies the navy's ever seen, so ya can get shot just as many times as I have."

>Keep our eyes glued to the shinies on her dress the entire time.
>oh wow they're so pretty you want to just rub your face against them

> Bootstrap smirks. "You'll find shots in the guns of all the other mean things that float about in space. They all fire really shiny loud lasers, see, like PYUUUUUUUU~ DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA." She waves her arms about in the motion of holding a gun to get the point across. "They sound and look really really awesome. Unless they hit ya in the face. Then ya explode, but at least ya get a shiny for it."
> "When do we start collecting space shinies?"

> "Is there a planet made of shinies?"
>"When we go into space, obviously. Jeez, I know privates are stupid and all, but yer settin' a new low here."
>"Not that I know 'bout, but..." At the thought of it, the CO zones out for a moment. "Woooooooow...how many times would I need ta get shot before someone gave me THAT?"

> "Would firing ourselves out of a missile chute be fun? It sounds like fun."
>"Oh, it's fun alright, but bein' a CO means I hafta be in charge." She pouts. "That means no-one gets to have fun unless I say they can. And recruits don't get their daily dose of happy before a whole lotta deck scrubbin'."

>"Have you done it?"
>"Course I have! It's one-a my favourite attack strategies. Thing is, those torpedo tubes are fer commandin' officers only." Her helmet lifts up for a moment, and you see brilliant red eyes underneath. "And so if I see ya standin' anywhere near one, it won't be twenty ya give me. It'll be a bajillion."

>The CO yawns. "Now are ya done? The captain'll wanna see ya, and I'm already sick o' yer face. The tin can over there will lead ya to Blackwing whenever ya want."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2013, 01:01:51 PM »
> Who is the enemy, again?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2013, 02:48:31 PM »
> Who is the enemy, again?
> There are lots of enemies, apparently! There are people who look like fairies but have no wings and wear lots of bulky metal, there are monsters of every shape and size, and more or less any unnatural abomination you can think of. Lots of them seem to hate fairies solely because they're 'not serious enough' or something, which seems like blatant discrimination to you.
Fairykind has yet to meet a race that doesn't try to shoot it down on sight, but the search for space-friends continues regardless.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 05:58:55 PM »
>Wander off in search of something to eat.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 09:08:36 PM »
> If the see-oh person got that many shinies from this cap-stain person then she must have even more shinies! Let's find her!
> Have we ever tried baking a cake to take over the world?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »
> Have we ever tried baking a cake to take over the world?
> Once. It ended poorly, and you'll never look at peanut butter the same way again.

> If the see-oh person got that many shinies from this cap-stain person then she must have even more shinies! Let's find her!
>Wander off in search of something to eat.
>"Yeah, good riddance." The moment you move away, Bootstrap gives you the traditional fairy salute - known in other cultures as 'blowing a raspberry'.

>You come back into the crossroads from earlier. Ada has reappeared and is leading you back the way you came, but as you walk past you get a sudden waft of something coming from the kitchen. You aren't sure exactly what it is, but it smells glorious. If you wanted to go check it out you would be going the wrong way, but Ada isn't paying attention to whether you're following her...you think. You're not sure how computer senses work.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »
>Is Ada shiny?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2013, 10:26:35 AM »
>Is Ada shiny?
>Quite shiny, yes. Unfortunately you have already attempted to claim her for yourself to no avail.

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »
>Food! Glorious food!

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »
> Where does food sit on our priority list? Above or below shinies?

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »
> Obey the inscruitable exhortations of your soul. KITCHEN!

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »
> Where does food sit on our priority list? Above or below shinies?
>This is actually a subject of intense philosophical debate among fairies. Scholars have argued for centuries whether 'that which glitters is delicious' or if 'that which tastes fine does not shine'. Friendships have been destroyed over disagreements on this - personally, you don't see what's wrong with just having cakes that are also shiny.

>Food! Glorious food!
> Obey the inscruitable exhortations of your soul. KITCHEN!
>The smell is too strong for you to resist, and you pull away from Ada to stroll playfully towards the kitchen. The AI makes no attempt to bring you back.

>The doorway is wide open, giving you an excellent view of what's going on inside - a single fairy in a giant chef's hat is tending to half a dozen pans at once, working on all sorts of sugary goodies for the crew. Every few seconds she tips her head forwards and the hat falls off - typically into one of the pans full of scalding hot batter. When this happens, she nonchalantly pulls the hat out and puts it back on, even as the boiling mixture drips into her hair. Either she doesn't feel it, or she's a true genius willing to suffer for her culinary art. Whatever the answer, what she's cooking certainly smells delicious - and there's a tray of fresh cupcakes only a few steps from the doorway, sitting on an abandoned counter, that smell just as good.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2013, 09:15:53 PM »
>Sneakily steal a cupcake
>Hide said cupcake, then ask the cook for one.
>This way, even if you're not allowed to have one, you have one!
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2013, 11:42:09 PM »
>Sneakily steal a cupcake
>You grab at one of the cupcakes, carefully picking it up with two fingers and lifting it off the tray.

Except you don't. Your hand gets stuck super tight to the pastry, and as you try to pull it away the whole tray shuffles along!

"A-HA!" The chef cries out at the sound of the tray shuffling. She twirls around to face you, pointing a spoon your way in accusation. "You've fallen for my dastardly glue-cake trap! No-one gets a bite of Golden Delicious' cooking before it's dinner time!" With her spare hand, she pulls off her hat and throws it at you - and in midair, it magically grows large enough to swallow you whole! You've only got a second until it lands on you!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:46:16 PM by Shiroukanken Le Bel Sakuya »