Author Topic: Koakuma's Writer's Parlour ~ Have some tea and discuss fiction and writing here!  (Read 225902 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Oh god conflicting interests :S

A good quarter of the full squad does frequent both, after all.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Tell me about it. Pesco already considers me RPG property  :V

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Oh god conflicting interests :S

Your true allegiance lies with the Library, with Ruro and Gappy-chan.  Search your feelings, you know it to be true, for within your veins flows the blood... OF A LIBRARIAN~!  RAAAAAGH!

Moerin knocks bookshelves on top of any dissenters~
<Sakana> Oh no, you don't. No one rampages in our Library.  :D

Tell me about it. Pesco already considers me RPG property  :V

Global Mod > Gensokyo Cop.  Choose your allegiances wisely, Fishman~
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:42:30 PM by Moe Moe Sakana-Katana »
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Chaore

Gap visits RPG as well, ya know. :V

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....

I'm a godmother too ^^;;

And a resident artist, gensokyo cop and librarian...

....what does that make me?

Dead Princess Sakana

I'm a godmother too ^^;;

A goddess, obviously.

And I fixed Moerin's post  :V

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
I'm a godmother too ^^;;

Too good for this impure Earth~

As do I, and yet I still side with the library.  This may or may not be due to the fact that my two favourite girls frequent here.  Ahem.

Uh... Where was I?  Um... Oh yeah... LIBRARIANS!  TONIGHT!  WE DINE!  IN H-

* Moerin is shot.

Ow...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Dead Princess Sakana

Hm, and with this, I now have a lot more knowledge about the connections of the characters with RPG. Thanks for helping with a future plot, everyone~   ;)

Chaore

Oh dear.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
How does one apply to join the librarian squad anyhow?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid

I accept cash, check, or strawberries money order.

Gpop

Quote from: Pesco
Fill the red form

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Right. So. It seems a comedy piece that I started to write decided that it wanted to be erotica instead. Not an unprecedented affair - I've written my share of erotica before - but this would be a first for me as far as using Gensokyans is concerned.

For that reason, I'd like another set of eyes for this story before I post it. As it's erotica, there will be sexual situations, albeit focusing more on the internal than on who put what body part where (though that is a part of it).

So who's up for it?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
A goddess, obviously.

...err...what? Really?

* Gappy tries to part the sky

* Gappy gets rained on for one whole day

....err, no, don't think so... ^^;;

Too good for this impure Earth~

Are you telling me I should go and live on Mars? ^^;;;

XD

Right. So. It seems a comedy piece that I started to write decided that it wanted to be erotica instead.
It's probably a good idea to post it on your own site and merely link to it, then. There's rules against 18+ material being directly hosted on this server.

Are you telling me I should go and live on Mars? ^^;;;
No, the moon, silly!

Alfred F. Jones

It's probably a good idea to post it on your own site and merely link to it, then. There's rules against 18+ material being directly hosted on this server.

He already does that. As I interpreted Ammy's post, though, he was asking for a proofreader. I have read erotica before, at UD's request (SakuRei, to be exact) to review it, so I'll take the job if no one else volunteers.

Ah. I didn't realize who it was because he randomly changed his name to something that didn't remotely resemble "Tengukami" and I don't pay religious attention to peoples' signatures. :V

Tengukami

WELL YOU SHOULD

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
I think I need some advice about my fic http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=5131.0
I know it sounds like a manga without pictures, but I can't make less dialogue when they talk a lot.

Let's have a barley tea first :V

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
You guys are good peoples. I'll sweep your floors anyday. :3

Hey, what's the general opinion on stories with images? I was thinking about the idea of writing something and maybe adding in images in certain spots for effect, or maybe inserting an image or two into past works if I find something that really fits. Just wondering if there's any people who think that detracts from the fiction or doesn't like it for some reason.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
I wish we saw more of it to be honest. As long as one does not freaking spam them every page that is. Less is more.

IcedFairy

Finding a proper image was actually one of the fun things about posting on poolsh.  I thought it made a work stand out if it had a good enough pic attached.  Admittedly there standing out was a requirement to be seen....

I like the idea if it's a fitting enough pic.  Then again I haven't seen it in action yet....

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
I'm the kind of guy who writes stories for which there usually is no appropriate picture. And my own skills in terms of art are nonexistent, so :V

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Alright. Because I admit, this image probably had something to do with influencing me to write the story I did, and I'm looking forward for the perfect moment to implement it. Hehe.

Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Alfred F. Jones

Finding a proper image was actually one of the fun things about posting on poolsh.  I thought it made a work stand out if it had a good enough pic attached.

Well said. Posting straight text never sat well with me. Also, it helped you get past the spamfilter.

I myself like posting images with stories. However, since it's hard to do that every time, because there is not exactly an overabundance of pictures with Shikieiki and Yumemi in them, I have taken to drawing accompanying pictures myself. It's good to be a writer who can do her own art. :3

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
I'd personally get a big kick out of it. Having an illustration every couple of pages always helps guide you through the story, in my opinion.

Then again, I grew up on those novel-sized kids books. Just about every 20 pages or so had a picture for the chapter at hand, and they always did the text justice.

If I could draw worth a damn, I'd have some pictures linked in EverWander. I've already attempted drawing Acied's flight form, and Sara's harp (remember, they're not from around here. Even their harps are different) but I can't draw for shit so I never took a picture/scanned it in. I'd LOVE to have an artist wander through here so I could snatch him and get some storyboard-esque images sketched up for EverWander.

That's just me, of course. A story COULD stand perfectly fine on its own - look at all the epic-length fics we have here already - but everyone loves a pretty picture. Or badass picture.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
The combination of image and text is always a good, it gives the audience something a bit more interesting and colorful to look at while their reading. I've always thought about adding such a thing to my stories but there is one simple reasons why I never bothered...

1) Lazy ass prick.

I can draw, don't think I can't. But my slothful nature prevents me from even trying to draw a decent picture for my works.

Honestly, I can't read straight text when in book form, as in full length novels. It ALWAYS puts me to sleep. I need pictures to look at to keep me interested otherwise I'll get bored and fall asleep while reading. When reading things online, it's not much as falling asleep as it is 'constantly putting off on reading it'.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Tengukami

Each story on my blog is accompanied with an image.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
Each story on my blog is accompanied with an image.
I'd prolly need to start adding image links to my Kuroneko fanfic.

Tengukami

To be honest, I do this because it's a blog. There's one entry per page, because even though the stories I write tend to hover around the 2000 word mark, which takes the average reader 10 or 15 minutes to read, in blog format it means scrolling. An image pretties it up, like the bow you put on a gift.