Author Topic: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 61688 times)

Re: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #330 on: June 30, 2011, 09:32:41 AM »
>What level of craziness would be required for us to be 'kinda low' at this point, and would we have seen a similar amount of business in a day before?
>For that matter, how generously provisioned where we this morning, and how often do we usually have to resupply?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #331 on: June 30, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »
>What level of craziness would be required for us to be 'kinda low' at this point, and would we have seen a similar amount of business in a day before?
>For that matter, how generously provisioned where we this morning, and how often do we usually have to resupply?

>Pretty crazy. While oni in general are at least marginally alcoholic, there's enough places to provide for them at that you don't go through abnormal amounts of stock per day.
>You had a fairly normal amount of stuff ready to serve, and in storage. Usually you restock every week, or half-week on really busy times. You probably had a good three full days worth left.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #332 on: June 30, 2011, 10:11:43 AM »
> "How am I doing for fruit wine?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #333 on: June 30, 2011, 07:39:26 PM »
> "How am I doing for fruit wine?"

>"There's still some left," says Nazrin. "But yeah, we've gone through a lot. I've been careful not take too much advantage of people, but we've definitely done better than if were just selling on a normal day with these kinds of crowds. But I've been kind of wondering about something. I think maybe we're going to be the ones that end up with problems, money wise."

>_

« Reply #334 on: June 30, 2011, 07:47:55 PM »
>"Oh? How do you figure that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #335 on: June 30, 2011, 08:34:20 PM »
>"Oh? How do you figure that?"

>"Okay, let's take, I dunno, these," says Nazrin. She picks out an freshwater pearl from her pocket. "We've been going with the prices before this happened, right? Well, there's a problem. That is, there's kinda a whole lot more of them now. So, the price would go down, right? But we've been selling like it was the old price. So...I think we might have just had a huge half-off sale without meaning to, but worse."

>_

« Reply #336 on: June 30, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »
>"Well, the hope is that they'll all turn back into the regular old money they were this morning, once I we fix things."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #337 on: June 30, 2011, 09:35:09 PM »
>"Well, the hope is that they'll all turn back into the regular old money they were this morning, once I we fix things."

>She nods.
>"Alright, second thing. We're going to probably run out soon. Do you want me to try to get some more, and if so, what do you want? And, should I try to be honest about it? I've heard stories of some pretty wild deals, and rip-offs, floating around town."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #338 on: June 30, 2011, 10:23:09 PM »
> "If you do run out to get some more, it'd be best to be honest, especially in this town. Makes business sense and keeps ours spines in one piece. Lemme take stock myself before I decide if it's worth trying to get more or if we should just close up shop for the night."

> Where do we normally acquire our stock?
> Do we sell any non-alcoholic drinks?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #339 on: June 30, 2011, 10:44:03 PM »
> "If you do run out to get some more, it'd be best to be honest, especially in this town. Makes business sense and keeps ours spines in one piece. Lemme take stock myself before I decide if it's worth trying to get more or if we should just close up shop for the night."

> Where do we normally acquire our stock?
> Do we sell any non-alcoholic drinks?

>She nods. "Okay. Just, I've heard of some real steals out there. But I'll be sure not to take advantage of them."
>There's a number of oni you buy from for specialty items, and you get a lot of the common drinks from the Distillery.
>You do have things like tea in stock, but they hardly ever sell.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #340 on: June 30, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
" Well, if someone knows what they're getting into, then by all means, do what you can do. But I don't want to actively cheat any potential sources, since that limits options once things are back to normal."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #341 on: June 30, 2011, 11:39:52 PM »
" Well, if someone knows what they're getting into, then by all means, do what you can do. But I don't want to actively cheat any potential sources, since that limits options once things are back to normal."

>"Right," says Nazrin.

>_

« Reply #342 on: July 01, 2011, 12:16:03 AM »
>Go examine our stock

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #343 on: July 01, 2011, 12:41:28 AM »
>Go examine our stock

>You have a look around. Nazrin was pretty good in her assessment. You've got a fair amount of cheap liquors of all kinds left, but they are running low, and if there's much more like there was before, you'll run out. The mid range liquors are particularly scare now; it seems they've been quote popular. You're very expensive stock is still largely intact, but you note that it too has had some shrinkage.  You estimate you must have made close to 5500☼; though without seeing an assessing all the jewels, it'll take awhile to be sure. You're not looking forward to sorting out that many jewels; it would stop being fun long before you were done... You are pleased to see there's enough to satisfy your promise to Rinnosuke, but it makes up much of what you have left for that range.

>_

« Reply #344 on: July 01, 2011, 12:46:41 AM »
>Go pick out the four fruit wines we promised Rinnosuke, as well as two more, if we have them to spare. Otherwise, select two bottles of something comparable in price point.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #345 on: July 01, 2011, 12:59:05 AM »
>Go pick out the four fruit wines we promised Rinnosuke, as well as two more, if we have them to spare. Otherwise, select two bottles of something comparable in price point.

>You pick out a selection of Plum, Peach, and Cherry wines.
>You obtain: Fruit Wines x6

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2011, 01:30:36 AM »
Should we have Nazrin close up and restock, then?

« Reply #347 on: July 01, 2011, 01:38:03 AM »
I'm actually a little uncertain.

I admit that I'm a tad worried that, if the effect that replaced the money with gems really is sensitive to current market values, Nue really will end up taking a loss on this, as the gems get replaced with less money than she'd expect to get for them, and maybe even less than the drinks sold for them were worth. Of course, since the money appears to really be physically taken, and equal amount of it would probably need to be replaced, right? Really, there's no way to know. It's just a nagging worry on my part, is all.

If not for that bit, well... if things have gotten sluggish now, there may not be much need before the night is out, but it probably wouldn't hurt to give her some discretionary powers in that regard. Just in case.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2011, 02:21:21 AM »
We could also just close up shop and free Nazrin up to do other things. She must be running on fumes at this point.

« Reply #349 on: July 01, 2011, 02:30:28 AM »
Oh, yeah. There's that. Really, I'm willing to go with your call on this one, I think; I have no strong opinions.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #350 on: July 01, 2011, 02:57:40 AM »
It's pretty late, no qualms about closing shop. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

« Reply #351 on: July 01, 2011, 02:58:26 AM »
>Technically, how late is it, in terms of our normal operating hours, and the nightlife of the city?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #352 on: July 01, 2011, 02:59:21 AM »
> Head back out to the main area and find Nazrin again.
> "I've been thinking, and wonder if perhaps we should close up shop for the evening. We've done well enough, and Byakuren needs as many hands on deck as she can get."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2011, 03:32:16 AM »
>Technically, how late is it, in terms of our normal operating hours, and the nightlife of the city?

>Normally speaking, it's only about midday.

> Head back out to the main area and find Nazrin again.
> "I've been thinking, and wonder if perhaps we should close up shop for the evening. We've done well enough, and Byakuren needs as many hands on deck as she can get."

>"Yeah, I was just about to ask you about the town," says Nazrin, as you emerge and suggest closing for the day.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2011, 03:41:18 AM »
> "The humans are actually doing better than most others, but they haven't been happy. Byakuren and I got the ghost band to play for them, but you guys are gonna fix their roof in return once the money is restored. That, and Shou's gonna have to apologize to the white-haired one for something involving a sitar."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2011, 03:46:10 AM »
> "The humans are actually doing better than most others, but they haven't been happy. Byakuren and I got the ghost band to play for them, but you guys are gonna fix their roof in return once the money is restored. That, and Shou's gonna have to apologize to the white-haired one for something involving a sitar."

>Nazrin nods, then chuckles. "Heh, I remember that. Back when I was still trying to find us some good materials and help for the first parts of the temple. I guess working on a roof isn't too bad."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2011, 03:54:20 AM »
> "Yeah, the hole isn't too big. Shouldn't be a tough job."
> "Anyway, if I could bother you one last time to restock a bit, that would be fantastic. You can go ahead and return to Byakuren after that, I'm sure she'll be overjoyed to see you're okay and what's surely been an evening of worrying about what might be going on down here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #357 on: July 01, 2011, 04:08:25 AM »
> "Yeah, the hole isn't too big. Shouldn't be a tough job."
> "Anyway, if I could bother you one last time to restock a bit, that would be fantastic. You can go ahead and return to Byakuren after that, I'm sure she'll be overjoyed to see you're okay and what's surely been an evening of worrying about what might be going on down here."

>Nazrin nods. "I'll help myself to my cut in the process. But yeah, I'll try to get you something before I go."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #358 on: July 01, 2011, 04:16:18 AM »
> "Do what you gotta do. Be right back."
> Head on up to our room.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #359 on: July 01, 2011, 04:26:02 AM »
> "Do what you gotta do. Be right back."
> Head on up to our room.

>"Got it," says Nazrin.
>You make your way upstairs. Nothing seems to have been disturbed since you were last here.

>_