Author Topic: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 61694 times)

Re: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2011, 09:04:05 AM »
>What do we know of Shinki?
>Do we know anything at all about Alice's relationship with her?

« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »
>Do we know if Byakuren was conscious at any point during her time sealed in Makai?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »
>What do we know of Shinki?
>Do we know anything at all about Alice's relationship with her?

>Practically nothing.
>No.

>Do we know if Byakuren was conscious at any point during her time sealed in Makai?

>She has been reluctant to talk about it.

>_

« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »
>"Well, Sanae seemed confident that the god responsible was somewhere in Gensokyo. Either they're saying this in good faith, which means it isn't Shinki, or they're lying to cover their own involvement, which means it isn't Shinki. Well, they could also honest and wrong, I guess, but..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2011, 08:37:47 PM »
>"Well, Sanae seemed confident that the god responsible was somewhere in Gensokyo. Either they're saying this in good faith, which means it isn't Shinki, or they're lying to cover their own involvement, which means it isn't Shinki. Well, they could also honest and wrong, I guess, but..."

>"I think we can probably rule out Shinki," says Marisa. "If she came to Gensokyo, we'd probably know about it. She's not very subtle."
>A doll places a plate of strawberry shortcake beside you.
>"You know," says Maribel, "Replacing money with gems does seem unusually honest, it's own strange way. Do you think an oni may be behind it?"

>_

« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2011, 08:39:56 PM »
>Would oni code consider surreptitiously replacing an object with another of equal value to be the same as conventional theft?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2011, 09:04:49 PM »
>Would oni code consider surreptitiously replacing an object with another of equal value to be the same as conventional theft?

>You think it would be a gray area. However, doing it under the cover of stealth would likely be a problem. Unless it wasn't meant to be harmful, in the manner of a practical joke or surprise party. Your instincts really lean against the idea.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »
> Do the oni have gods?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2011, 09:28:38 PM »
> Do the oni have gods?

>Not that you know of. If anything, Oni are probably among the least faithful people out there.

>_

« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2011, 09:34:02 PM »
>"Hmmm... I dunno. Kinda don't think so, though. They'd probably still think it was wrong to do it all stealthy like, and besides, oni have about the least faith of anyone around here."
>"Oh, there's something else, too. I had Nazrin dowse for the missing money, and she said something was blocking her, like noise or something. Didn't know what it was, had never felt anything like it, either. But she's pretty sure it's on the surface, and all in one place, somewhere."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2011, 09:54:34 PM »
>"Hmmm... I dunno. Kinda don't think so, though. They'd probably still think it was wrong to do it all stealthy like, and besides, oni have about the least faith of anyone around here."
>"Oh, there's something else, too. I had Nazrin dowse for the missing money, and she said something was blocking her, like noise or something. Didn't know what it was, had never felt anything like it, either. But she's pretty sure it's on the surface, and all in one place, somewhere."

>"Hmm," says Alice. "defenses against detection are not terribly uncommon. I am reasonably sure that Patchouli has set a number of them around Scarlet Devil Mansion. And I'd be surprised if Eirin hasn't done the same for Eientei."
>"I suppose it wouldn't be oni, then," says Maribel.
>"Well, you can't overlook that Suika does gather things," says Marisa. "But I dunno where she'd find all the gems at. Unless she figured out some way to punch rocks so hard that they turn into gems...hmm..."

>_

« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2011, 10:01:13 PM »
>"Gather, maybe. But distribute?"
>"And if defenses against detection are as common as that, I wonder why Nazrin seemed so baffled by this? Maybe it's something different than most of them? Of course, I don't really know how she does what she does, or how detection prevention is supposed to work in the first place, so..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2011, 10:27:02 PM »
>"Gather, maybe. But distribute?"
>"And if defenses against detection are as common as that, I wonder why Nazrin seemed so baffled by this? Maybe it's something different than most of them? Of course, I don't really know how she does what she does, or how detection prevention is supposed to work in the first place, so..."

>"Yeah, don't know about that one," says Marisa.
>"I assume Nazrin doesn't typically search for things that would be under that kind of protection," says Byakuren. "She does tend to hunt for mundane, overlooked things."

>_

« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2011, 10:55:29 PM »
>"Hmmm... that's a point, I guess."
>"Actually... would different detection prevention measures feel different, somehow? Like, if you tried to look for something inside the Scarlet Devil Mansion, or inside Eientei, and they were both blocked so that you couldn't, do you think this 'noise', or whatever it is, would feel subtly different if you compared them?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2011, 11:17:44 PM »
>"Hmmm... that's a point, I guess."
>"Actually... would different detection prevention measures feel different, somehow? Like, if you tried to look for something inside the Scarlet Devil Mansion, or inside Eientei, and they were both blocked so that you couldn't, do you think this 'noise', or whatever it is, would feel subtly different if you compared them?"

>"Patchouli would be the one to ask about that," says Renko. "She does the most of that among us."
>"I'm not sure," says Byakuren, frowning. "I've not spent much time using detection on protected things, myself. I would think a sufficiently knowledgeable person could tell. I suspect Nazrin could, with a little exposure."

>_

« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2011, 11:23:33 PM »
>"Well, Eientei might be at least a little suspicious at the moment, right? Not making accusations, just saying. What if we had Nazrin dowse for something distinctive that we knew was in Eientei? And then compared that feeling to the one she was getting looking for the money to see if they're at all alike? Do you think that could work, maybe?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2011, 11:42:03 PM »
>"Well, Eientei might be at least a little suspicious at the moment, right? Not making accusations, just saying. What if we had Nazrin dowse for something distinctive that we knew was in Eientei? And then compared that feeling to the one she was getting looking for the money to see if they're at all alike? Do you think that could work, maybe?"

>"That would be worth trying," says Alice.
>"Yeah, really," says Marisa. While the others nod along.
>"Hmm," comes a voice from the darkness. "Agreement. How exceedingly rare."

>_

« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2011, 11:46:31 PM »
>Look towards this new voice

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2011, 11:53:11 PM »
>Look towards this new voice

>You see a smallish, purple-haired woman in striped pajamas floating toward the table, looking fairly unamused with life. Patchouli, it seems, hasn't changed.

>_
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:01:03 AM by It's Purvis! »

« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2011, 11:58:32 PM »
>Give a little wave
>"Evening there. Glad you could make it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2011, 12:04:15 AM »
>Give a little wave
>"Evening there. Glad you could make it."

>"I didn't expect to see you here," says Patchouli as the approaches the table and takes a seat that you assume was set up for Eirin. "I expect you're looking for answers, like everyone else?"

>_

« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2011, 12:07:02 AM »
>Nod
>"Pretty much. I've been looking around Gensokyo more or less all day."

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2011, 12:10:30 AM »
> "Though I've found I've had more answers than most I've met today. But if you kno who might be responsible, I'd certainly be happy to hear."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2011, 12:23:48 AM »
>Nod
>"Pretty much. I've been looking around Gensokyo more or less all day."

>"And I've been researching tirelessly," says Patchouli, accepting a cup of tea from one of the dolls. "Mistress took the time to personally make certain of this. It took quite a bit of arguing to convince her to let me attend."

> "Though I've found I've had more answers than most I've met today. But if you kno who might be responsible, I'd certainly be happy to hear."

>"That is what I hope to pare down," says Patchouli. "Have you discovered how the act was done? That would be very helpful."

>_

« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2011, 12:31:31 AM »
>"Sanae said that her goddesses believe it was a work of another god. They don't know who, or how, but it felt like some great act of faith."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2011, 12:39:43 AM »
>"Sanae said that her goddesses believe it was a work of another god. They don't know who, or how, but it felt like some great act of faith."

>"They're wrong," says Patchouli flatly, after sipping her tea. "It wasn't faith they felt. It was similar, but not the same. An easy enough mistake for them to make, I suppose. They most certainly would be inclined to identify it with faith. It was no god that did this."

>_

« Reply #206 on: June 28, 2011, 12:40:52 AM »
>"Then what was it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2011, 12:55:12 AM »
>"Then what was it?"

>"If I knew I would have already said," says Patchouli. "I haven't found what the bloody name for it is."

>_

« Reply #208 on: June 28, 2011, 12:56:32 AM »
>"But you're certain a god couldn't have done it, just the same? I assume this means you know at least something of the nature of the effect, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2011, 01:04:12 AM »
>"But you're certain a god couldn't have done it, just the same? I assume this means you know at least something of the nature of the effect, right?"

>"I know at this point that it isn't a divine act," says Patchouli. "I've experienced my share of those. I suspect, however, that it is based on some other aspect of the mind and soul. At this point, I cannot prove it as a certainty."

>_