Author Topic: What kinds of characters would you like to see?  (Read 20704 times)

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
What kinds of characters would you like to see?
« on: April 23, 2011, 12:59:16 PM »
This is a new version of my old topic:
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,5613.msg302444.html#msg302444

Basically, what kinds of characters would you like to see in the future?  You can talk about species, characteristics, personalities, occupations, etc.

Like in the previous topic, I wish to see characters with reptilian features such as leathery tails and more meganekkos asides from Rikako.  Also, after observing some snails in my front yard, I suddenly want a character based on a snail.  Characters with eye patches are also neat!

Post away and have fun!

EDIT: Topic title should be "What kinds of characters would like to see?"  Nothing big, but I feel uncomfortable whenever I make or see grammatical errors...  :(
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:18:06 AM by game2011 »

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
Re: What kinds of characters would like to see?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 02:04:32 PM »
Eldritch horrors - We're loooong overdue for one. It'd be interesting to see what kind of abilities ZUN would give one.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - The biggest baddy there is. I can imagine that at least a fragment or alternate version of it will feature as a major boss in later games (perhaps even the absolute final one).
Hydras/Orochi - I would like to see how ZUN would deal with the 'seven to nine heads' thing. I can imagine it'd result in seven to nine girls connected together by a long snake-like ribbon.
Mermaids - Do I really need to explain this one?
Lamias/Nagas - See above.
Selkies - Selkies aren't often used, yet they seem quite fascinating. Besides, a seal girl would be just adorable, no?
Liches/Necromancers - I think it's likely one will appear in TD now that Yoshika has popped up. A character with the power to raise the dead could result in original danmaku.
Tanuki - Another type of youkai that we're long overdue for. We already have a kitsune and a nekomata, so why not finish the set?
Spoiler:
Unless Yukari is revealed to be one :derp:
More arthropod youkai - I just really love insects and arachnids. :derp: A beetle, moth or mantis girl would be very cool. Another fun idea would be fighting a caterpillar youkai in an early stage and that you fight her again as a butterfly later on.

I may come up with a few more later, but these are definitely ones I would like to see in the future.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 02:24:01 PM by OkashiiKisei »

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »
Tanuki - Another type of youkai that we're long overdue for. We already have a kitsune and a nekomata, so why not finish the set?
Spoiler:
Unless Yukari is revealed to be one :derp:
We got one of those. For only one chapter of Oriental Sacred Place, but still...

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 03:20:05 PM »
Goth loli
Blind loli
Twins (and they never battle alone)
Inner demon loli (goes demon mode on the last few spellcards)
Male loli shota

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 03:43:13 PM »
A knight loli.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
Baku
Lantern youkai
Amanojaku
Daidarabotchi
Raijin
Inugami

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
Valkyrie Touhou~!

Also seconding Okashii on the Mikaboshi.  I... Honestly don't really know that much about Japanese mythology, but the Mikaboshi is one of the things that I'm very interested in.  It'd be pretty awesome to see it in Touhou in one form or another.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 04:28:27 PM »
Twins (and they never battle alone)
Seihou already did it, but I could still see that concept working for Touhou.

Also, Touhou needs a nurikabe.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
I'd like to see some more kinds of youkai. Sazaeoni, pennanngalan, polong and pelesit, dorotabou, and nuribotoke are some that would be interesting to see adapted to Touhou.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Sampson

• Magical Pudding Sage
  • Fulfilling flan fantasies everywhere!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 05:02:51 PM »
Clearly, a gangster girl is necessary.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »
EDIT: Topic title should be "What kinds of characters would like to see?"  Nothing big, but I feel uncomfortable whenever I make or see grammatical errors...  :(
If it makes you feel worse, you also missed "What kinds of characters would you like to see?"

I would like to see more foreign mythology, to be honest. A true resurrecting, dying-and-rising character would be nice as well (Kaguya and Mokou fail at dying).

... more "weird" humans, like Hieda no Akyu, would be neat too.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »
A griphon loli would be interesting.  :3
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 06:48:45 PM »
A succubus.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 07:01:34 PM »
Joke Answer
A bear.  The question wouldn't be if, but how long after her announcement before she'd team up with Pedo Bear.  I'd give it a minute.

SRS Answer
Throwing my support behind a nurikabe, she could team up with Kogasa and fight crime common sense.

And I'd like to see a two-mouthed woman.  Those things are neat, creepy as hell, but neat.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 07:43:30 PM »
A knight loli.

Ah yes, how could I forget! Seconding this! It'd be even more interesting if it were a dullahan or living armor.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 07:54:48 PM »
Ah yes, how could I forget! Seconding this! It'd be even more interesting if it were a dullahan or living armor.

Thirded. I got Joan of Arc images now~  :3

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 07:59:21 PM »
Actually, you know what would be awesome?  A kirin!  She could, like, be a nurse, and um, ooh!  She could totally have flower and wind based spells!  And, hmmm... She could be a musician too, maybe playing something oriental... An erhu, perhaps?  Yeah, that would be...

...Actually that sounds kind of dumb.  I don't know what I was thinking there.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »
Because I don't know as much about eastern mythology as many of you guys do, I'm not sure how much I can contribute to this topic, but...

I don't think Touhou would have a real "final boss." That is to say, the massive climactic battle to end all that occurs generally at the end of a story, or something like that. That's just not how Touhou is, rather there's just a bunch of people who start incidents for whatever reason, get beaten up by people who solve incidents according to the spell card rules, and then they all have tea together and someone will start another incident within a year. There's really no huge climax to be had there (wait, that sounds dirty doesn't it?).

^Above paragraph relates to the discussion on Amatsu Mikaboshi.

Anyway, looking at your suggestions though, I have to put my support in for a nurikabe (I lol'd when I found out what it was) or a knight loli. Yeah, I don't support putting too much western stuff into Touhou unless there's a reason for it, so I normally wouldn't support a knight loli, but then there's the fact that a loli with epic armor isn't necessarily western at all.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:31:07 PM by Silverkun »

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »
Because I don't know as much about eastern mythology as many of you guys do, I'm not sure how much I can contribute to this topic, but...

I don't think Touhou would have a real "final boss." That is to say, the massive climactic battle to end all that occurs generally at the end of a story, or something like that. That's just not how Touhou is, rather there's just a bunch of people who start incidents for whatever reason, get beaten up by people who solve incidents according to the spell card rules, and then they all have tea together and someone will start another incident within a year. There's really no huge climax to be had there (wait, that sounds dirty doesn't it?).

^Above paragraph relates to the discussion on Amatsu Mikaboshi.

Well ZUN might decide to let the series go out with a bang if chooses to make a final game (he can't go on forever, unfortunately...
Spoiler:
or can he?
). Amatsu Mikaboshi would be the perfect fit for a true final battle. But other than that the games should stick with the current light-hearted formula.

We got one of those. For only one chapter of Oriental Sacred Place, but still...

Huh, didn't know that. Glad to see we do have one in Touhou after all. She could always make a future appearance in the games, like how the Mischievous Fairies airies did.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:48:36 PM by OkashiiKisei »

zephyredx

• Car = ma
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 11:23:53 PM »
The knight idea sounds pretty good. But hopefully this loli would not degenerate into a stereotypical RPG knight. I trust ZUN could make it interesting.

Another member of the Four Devas would be nice.

Also more tsukogamis.
Why is Youmu afraid of Unzan?

Because the things that her sword cannot cut are next to nun!

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 02:18:32 AM »
Another member of the Four Devas would be nice.

This. I'm hoping ZUN introduces the other two (or other one if Kasen turns out to be one).

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 02:43:26 AM »
Shota dragon. Knight loli sounds pretty cool. And I'm still holding out for the "Gensokyo is flooded" incident that introduces (more) underwater youkai. *imagines what a ZUN version of an anglerfish or coelacanth would look like* Hmmm...

Mocking Morning

• Tonight We Stand In Circles!
  • DHS Danmaku Inspector
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 03:04:03 AM »
It would be interesting to see ZUN break out some characters of Christian mythology. Starting with representations of The Four Horseman of The Apocalypse (War, Famine, Conquest and Death) Lets just say they decide to take a nice little stroll through Gensokyo and the various characters have to stop them. Have Lucifer lurking in the shadows for good measure.

Dive a little deeper into Norse mythology a bit. (Odin and Loki would like to know how two vampire sisters jacked their weapons.)

How many times have you woken up and asked yourself: What the hell am I doing?
Today, your plane did not blow up thanks to the cooperation of Touhou Girls and TSA Officers.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 03:10:22 AM »
It would be interesting to see ZUN break out some characters of Christian mythology. Starting with representations of The Four Horseman of The Apocalypse (War, Famine, Conquest and Death) Lets just say they decide to take a nice little stroll through Gensokyo and the various characters have to stop them. Have Lucifer lurking in the shadows for good measure.

Dive a little deeper into Norse mythology a bit. (Odin and Loki would like to know how two vampire sisters jacked their weapons.)
Touhou is mostly based around eastern mythology. That's not to say that western mythology does not exist in that universe (there's a number of small references), but what you're hoping for is quite unlikely. That said, I too want to know how the vampire sisters got those legendary weapons. All we know is that the SDM came into Gensokyo from somewhere in the outside world, but given the fact that its residents like to use references to western things (not to mention that the mansion itself is western style), I wouldn't be surprised if it traveled a long way... It would be epic if the sisters stole the weapons from Odin and Loki themselves. Vampires are notoriously some of the most powerful youkai, so it could be possible... I don't know much about Odin and Loki though, so I can't say.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 04:19:39 AM »
Shota dragon. Knight loli sounds pretty cool. And I'm still holding out for the "Gensokyo is flooded" incident that introduces (more) underwater youkai. *imagines what a ZUN version of an anglerfish or coelacanth would look like* Hmmm...

I'd like to see a loli Cuttlefish myself.  Or even better, a loli Blob Fish!

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 09:21:55 PM »
Whee, Norse tangent~

Valkyrie Touhou~!
I kinda already regard Yuyuko as the local Chooser of the Slain.  Admittedly, she doesn't have the same recruiting priorities...

As far as I can tell, Remi's gungnir is just a spell, but Flandre does have the real deal since she's offically shown with the thing.  No clue how or why, but that's probably not a question that will be answered ever.

As for me, I'd like to see some Hindu mythology incorporated.  Given that there are many instances in which the other eastern religions take things from Hinduism, it wouldn't be too hard to imagine a situation where, for instance, a mayura (peacock youkai) would appear.

Also, totally seconding the call for more strange humans.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: What kinds of characters would you like to see?
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 09:59:41 PM »
Already mentioned, but I'd love a dullahan.

Also the chances are practically nil, but something with Lorelei the Rhine Siren would be neat. :3

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
Already mentioned, but I'd love a dullahan.

Also the chances are practically nil, but something with Lorelei the Rhine Siren would be neat. :3

We already got Mystia Lorelei. :3

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 10:40:02 PM »
We already got Mystia Lorelei. :3
Either way, I'm still goin' for the Rhine Siren though.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 05:56:19 AM »
Joke Answer
A bear.  The question wouldn't be if, but how long after her announcement before she'd team up with Pedo Bear.  I'd give it a minute.

SRS Answer
Throwing my support behind a nurikabe, she could team up with Kogasa and fight crime common sense.

And I'd like to see a two-mouthed woman.  Those things are neat, creepy as hell, but neat.
Turn this into a loli and we're all set:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mawile