Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119951 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day One
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2011, 03:03:19 AM »
Oh God this game. You all need to learn what the word concise means. Was busy all of today, and quite frankly am in no mood to read what...ah...theories, if I'm being polite, are abound. I'm going to be busy for much of tomorrow as well. This puts us in a quandary, since it basically means I can't respond to the last two pages. People in #meido have a fairly good idea why my patience is low right now.

From what I did read of Conquerer's latest posting, it's terrible. So far, I'm pretty much with Kilga, I think I'm with Huh what but he's being way to :words words words: right now for this point in the game and it's likely obfuscating stuff. No strong read on Shadoweh, getting the impression I need to reread her, just a gut feeling. Affinity is good, Bard is decent but a bit off in the sense that his theories feel wrong, but not scummy, PX is someone else I need to reread, probably with a stiff drink, K4U needs to actually post for once, capt. h. is pretty much off my radar at the moment, probably will need to revisit this, Zakeri's disappearing act makes him SO damn scummy and I would begin a wagon on him now if it weren't for the fact deadline is nigh...

Uh...wait, where's Schezo? Has he posted recently? And if so was it memorable at all? Same with Serela, but I'm pretty sure he HAS posted and it was unremarkable. Oh hey, ninja >=[!

HH, Dormio, and Colt also haven't struck me as impressive. I feel a particular need to reread HH since I've seen his name mentioned a lot. Colt, if I remember properly, still hasn't taking a solid stance, which is far from good. Dormio also needs a reread so I can remember what in the blazes he's actually said.

All this boils down to "I have several people to reread and it's not happening til the night phase. Sorry."
Oh, also, happy with my Conquerer vote, and I think a few people are town.

Warning - while you were typing 6 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Why?

Oh, hey, a Serela.
Also a Conquerer with a hilarious post. I didn't think you were a stand up comic.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

SHUT THE HELL UP FOR TWO SECONDS!

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2011, 03:04:24 AM »
EBWOP: There's a bit of a disjointedness between the first two sentences of the second paragraph. I have been skimming the posts but a lot of them were too many words to adequetely examine in the time I had today.

« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2011, 03:05:33 AM »
Shadoweh: Not sure how I'm supporting PX by not finding him scummy as a lot of other people.

Conqueror: I suppose I could be somewhat biased because of your slight relations to Hourai and also because I've generally been finding you to be one of the scummier people alive (though a lot of the things I said about you in my responses to Hourai were likely exaggeration due to emotions/rage at him). To be perfectly honest, I've been feeling a bit better about you since your most recent post. I think I now have a better grasp of your intentions and reasons for unvoting capt. h and hopping to Serela, and you also feel more pro-active now, which is good. This makes me more content with my vote on Hourai for now, but I'm still wary about the way your ED1 turned out.

Ninja'd by Serela being Serela. Can't read it thoroughly right now, but it's giving me Vanilla Mafia town!Serela vibes, so there's that.

Ninja'd by UK sharing my own sentiments. It's too bad I'm going to have to make her rage even more by ninjaing her with this.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2011, 03:06:21 AM »
Er, what's ED1?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #304 on: March 22, 2011, 03:06:33 AM »
Early Day one.

« Reply #305 on: March 22, 2011, 03:07:17 AM »
Early Day 1.

Ignore what I said about UK, I'm a derp and I guess she's not making another post. I was getting ninja'd a lot so I didn't really want to read it. (The "sentiments" I was refering to were about ninjas, just so we're clear.)

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #306 on: March 22, 2011, 03:08:19 AM »
I figured as such. I haven't established any strong stances because I've literally not been able to analyze what's transpired in the past three pages, now.

I do note a couple things I find kind of really bad though, so hopefully that helps.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #307 on: March 22, 2011, 03:15:55 AM »
My list of players that desperately need to talk more is Hourai, K4U and Schezo, I believe the K4U has one post-confirmation post and Scezo has three, whereas Huh What question Hourai's lack of content and I question one of her attacks on Huh What.

We need posts from all three before our time is up.

Neoserela needs to make a post when next sane.

Colt and Zakeri were just prodded. I'm not sure if they're still in the game.

Conqueror

« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2011, 03:18:45 AM »
@capt h. We all know that.

What do you think about the case on me?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #309 on: March 22, 2011, 03:20:15 AM »
@capt. h: Why the conspicuous lack of Zakeri who, as far as I am aware, has not posted since lol Schezo vote?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #310 on: March 22, 2011, 03:26:10 AM »
Schezo hasn't posted in awhile. I've felt lonely and untunneled against without him. Same goes for Dormio and I was really hoping to see something that wasn't an attack on me from him by now. Dormio should be posting in 2 hours.

We should all ask at once for Kitten4u to post, she loves it when we do that. (No, don't actually do this.)

We're at the point again where there is no other wagon. @mod A votecount please to illustrate this issue.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #311 on: March 22, 2011, 03:28:35 AM »
Just checked. Zak hasn't posted on site since that last post, but it HAS been 21 hours, which is a bit long to be sleeping or otherwise gone. I'd at least appreciate an explanation when he gets back.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #312 on: March 22, 2011, 03:30:09 AM »
Ok guys I'm really sorry for not posting recently because a bunch of stuff came up today and the phone ate my posts twice so I was getting pissy and decided to not make a rage post. I can't post right now but it should come in ~8 hours? 

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #313 on: March 22, 2011, 03:32:42 AM »
OK....it looks like we have about 18 hours left til deadline. This is better than I thought. Still not sure if I'll get a solid post in before then, but I'll try my best. With luck I'll be finished working around 3 PM EDT. Deadline as far as I can tell is more or less 6 PM EDT tomorrow. I'll be heading to bed shortly so I can't really cover it now.

Also, correct my times if I'm wrong.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #314 on: March 22, 2011, 03:42:52 AM »
VOTECOUNT  -  JAMEIN ENGLISCHSPRECHEN SKILLAREGUDEST ENOUGHTO DONTNEEDINGINTERPRETER Edition

Conqueror (4)  -  Kilgamayan, Affinity, UncertainKitten, PX, huh what, NeoSerela
Hanged Hourai (2)  -  huh what, capt. h
Shadoweh (2)  -  Schezo, Dormio, capt. h
huh what (2)  -  Shadoweh, Bardiche, Hanged Hourai, Affinity, NeoSerela
NeoSerela (1)  -  Conquerer, Bardiche, Kilgamayan
Dormio (1)  -  Hanged Hourai, PX, Kilgamayan, huh what
Zakeri (1)  -  NeoSerela, Hanged Hourai, Shadoweh
Schezo (1)  -  Zakeri, capt. h
UncertainKitten (0)  -  Bardiche
PX (0)  -  Shadoweh
capt. h (0)  -  Conqueror, Colt, Hanged Hourai
Bardiche (0)  -  UncertainKitten, huh what, NeoSerela
Kilgamayan (0)  -  Shadoweh, Conqueror

Not Voting:  Colt, Kitten4u

With 16 votes in play, 9 are required to lynch.  More than 21 hours remain in the day.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2011, 03:45:15 AM »
Things and then bed.

I voted capt. h at the time because I thought that initial post might have been a scum slipup. I kept my vote on him because his posts did nothing to make him look more townie in my eyes. PX, in my opinion, was derp for jumping on capt.h with a vote immediately after I did, and while I found his vote and actions to be unpleasant, I did not feel it warranted a vote. Meanwhile, capt. h was generally being avoidant and unhelpful with his posts (and as far as I can remember, he later admitted as such!). I felt this to be more actively scummy. His latest stances have shown improvement, and although I do not find them altogether satisfactory and believe they deserve more scrutiny in the future, I felt a vote switch to NeoSerela, who is not a newbie and has no excuse for his weak stances, would be more appropriate. There! You can keep picking at my exact words if you'd like, but those were my intentions.

The two major issues that come to my mind with this:

* You say that Cap's (I'm bloody tired of typing the name proper) posts after his initial potential slip did nothing to make him look more townie. This is notably not the same thing as saying his posts made him look like scum. Once he had clarified where his numbers had come from your vote didn't have a leg to stand on; there is very little one can do ED1 to "look more townie", and I imagine that Cap was hardly the only one guilty of this. I have yet to see you point at anything of his from the time and say "I thought this was scummy", which is why I have hounded you on it so much. That and the next thing:

* If these were your intentions, why did it take this long to produce them, when you have had plenty of opportunities to write just the one paragraph it took?

If you do a search of his posts on your own you will come across the words "PX and Conqueror" four times before Post #116, the post where he unvotes Bard and votes for Conqueror, using 'Conqueror is worse then PX' as his first reason. The rest of the case he makes against Conqueror isn't bad, which is why it was weird when he unvoted him.
I also find it odd that his initial suspicions of PX changed into support over a terrible post that ended in PX unvoting and giving up. If you believe PX's Post #179 was good, please tell me how so I can understand this. If he had said PX looked better after Post #286 I would understand.

I did take a look back through huh what's posts before posting my assessment of you that first mentioned the rhetoric thing and I was aware of several instances where he mentioned both of them in the same post. I did not, however, see any instance where I felt he really tried to push them as the day's dichotomy (which I would consider scummy), especially not given he veered away from Conqueror toward voting Hourai instead at a point in the day that wasn't really early but certainly wasn't late. I don't think it's an issue at all for someone to mention multiple people multiple times if he thinks they are scummy and they are not doing anything to assuage those feelings.

(For the record, no, PX #179 did not impress me in the slightest.)

wall of things

My sympathies for your stomachache, but I am having a hard time divining any really meaningful opinions from this, aside from feeling good on Bard. :| This is not helping my view of you.

My list of players that desperately need to talk more is Hourai, K4U and Schezo, I believe the K4U has one post-confirmation post and Scezo has three, whereas Huh What question Hourai's lack of content and I question one of her attacks on Huh What.

See, I'm going to try to steer you away from this line of thinking again because I feel the most egregious lurker in the game so far is none of the people you've listed, but rather Dormio (who Shadoweh just touched on) who has a comparatively large post count but I cannot remember a single meaningful thing he's said. This is the kind of lurker worth pursuing, the one that tries to look active but isn't. Simply not being here is not a scumtell and constant reminders that people aren't here aren't going to make them post any faster. Try to turn your attention away from which people aren't posting at all toward people who aren't posting anything meaningful.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Conqueror

« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2011, 03:45:31 AM »
More Original Opinions Do Not Steal! Unfortunately there are not many opinions in this post, as most of the people I comment on here are forgettable!

Shadoweh is not looking too great this game! I do appreciate the defense (minus the fact you don't really give reasoning for it, but eh) but I want to see more opinions opinions opinions on other people! Also a lot of the points you are making about others are genuinely weird, as I have pointed out previously! I'm not really sure what to think! Maybe if you post restrict yourself I can get a better comparis-*knifed*. In all seriousness, I have the same feeling about post:content ratio concerning you as I did with UK. The difference is that I feel I have a general idea of where you stand on certain issues and people. It would still be better if you could continue to clarify those though!

capt. h needs more opinions on the table! It is impossible for me to say anything incredible about his play because there is not that much to go on! Post:content ratio needs to improve!

Bardiche is as unreadable as ever! Again, I would like him to comment on his sudden vote switch away from UK!

Dormio needs to expand on his one-liners!

PX is confusing and there's not much I can say about him! But I will comment that he jumps on my wagon without providing a reason for it beyond "I agree!" Then again, this fits in with PX's bandwagoning meta! Argh!

Schezo needs to talk about not-Shadoweh!

Kitten4U, Zakeri and Colt do not exist! Quite literally.

Serp needs to post more votecounts! :V Ninja-d aww.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2011, 03:46:20 AM »
Oh bloody fuck I never do that.

REPOST WITH PROPER TAGS

---

If you do a search of his posts on your own you will come across the words "PX and Conqueror" four times before Post #116, the post where he unvotes Bard and votes for Conqueror, using 'Conqueror is worse then PX' as his first reason. The rest of the case he makes against Conqueror isn't bad, which is why it was weird when he unvoted him.
I also find it odd that his initial suspicions of PX changed into support over a terrible post that ended in PX unvoting and giving up. If you believe PX's Post #179 was good, please tell me how so I can understand this. If he had said PX looked better after Post #286 I would understand.

I did take a look back through huh what's posts before posting my assessment of you that first mentioned the rhetoric thing and I was aware of several instances where he mentioned both of them in the same post. I did not, however, see any instance where I felt he really tried to push them as the day's dichotomy (which I would consider scummy), especially not given he veered away from Conqueror toward voting Hourai instead at a point in the day that wasn't really early but certainly wasn't late. I don't think it's an issue at all for someone to mention multiple people multiple times if he thinks they are scummy and they are not doing anything to assuage those feelings.

(For the record, no, PX #179 did not impress me in the slightest.)

wall of things

My sympathies for your stomachache, but I am having a hard time divining any really meaningful opinions from this, aside from feeling good on Bard. :| This is not helping my view of you.

See, I'm going to try to steer you away from this line of thinking again because I feel the most egregious lurker in the game so far is none of the people you've listed, but rather Dormio (who Shadoweh just touched on) who has a comparatively large post count but I cannot remember a single meaningful thing he's said. This is the kind of lurker worth pursuing, the one that tries to look active but isn't. Simply not being here is not a scumtell and constant reminders that people aren't here aren't going to make them post any faster. Try to turn your attention away from which people aren't posting at all toward people who aren't posting anything meaningful.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Conqueror

« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2011, 03:47:23 AM »
@Kilga: That one paragraph of mine is merely a rehash of my previous posts. I have produced it before, just in a different form.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2011, 03:53:12 AM »
@capt h. We all know that.

What do you think about the case on me?

I think the case is strong. I don't think you're scum personally. I think that your cases would be weaker if you were scum. It's a similar reason to why I suspected shadoweh - I expected stronger cases from her.

My gut says you're town, but I don't trust my gut.

@capt. h: Why the conspicuous lack of Zakeri who, as far as I am aware, has not posted since lol Schezo vote?

Colt and Zakeri were just prodded. I'm not sure if they're still in the game.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2011, 03:56:02 AM »
I swear I can read, capt. h. Clearly what you are quoting from me was from bizarro me who has no comprehension of the english language. She also smells >=[!

(Yeah, consider that withdrawn)

Conqueror

« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2011, 04:07:34 AM »
You say that Cap's (I'm bloody tired of typing the name proper) posts after his initial potential slip did nothing to make him look more townie. This is notably not the same thing as saying his posts made him look like scum. Once he had clarified where his numbers had come from your vote didn't have a leg to stand on; there is very little one can do ED1 to "look more townie", and I imagine that Cap was hardly the only one guilty of this. I have yet to see you point at anything of his from the time and say "I thought this was scummy", which is why I have hounded you on it so much.

Alright, I'll make it clearer then. This is what made me wary about capt. h's posts at the time.

*The switch to Pesco on request, even though he had no reason to.
*This post, which is apparently, not a joke, even though it reads like one.
Afterwards,
*This post where he says he might as well vote anyway, but then doesn't. Also the last sentence of the first paragraph, which is baffling.
*In general a lack of effort on his part. He later confirmed this, acknowledging that his earlier attitude had been unhelpful.

Most of it was just a gut feeling that something in his posts felt off. Not just the apparent newbness - there are multiple newbs playing in this game. I felt that this was enough for a vote at the time, and I stand by that now. His content since then has improved, so I felt comfortable unvoting him later in favor of Neo.

I imagine that Cap was hardly the only one guilty of this.

At that time, to me, yes, he was. I have already expounded on why I thought the other cases were bad.

All this plus I had no reason to switch to anyone else at the time even immediately after he made his initial clarification. Now of course I could just unvote and leave my vote hanging in the air, but then you would all get on my case for that. It's a lose/lose situation.

@capt. h. Alright. What do you think about some of the other people talking?

Shadoweh

« Reply #322 on: March 22, 2011, 04:13:14 AM »
Kilga: You could have just asked to fix your other one! I have to respectfully disagree with you about huh what. He did veer away from Conqueror, but not in a way that stopped pushing Conqueror and he's made clear he could vote either way. I would like him to explain in words I can understand why Post #179 gives PX a clear today.

huh what: See above.

Conqueror the takeover king: No. I will cut you. I only feel the need to give opinions on people I think are scum, which is why I have been staring holes through PX and huh what and trying to ignore you. There are also at least five players that haven't posted anything new for me to give an opinion on so I'm stuck waiting for town.

capt.h My first Day 1 case was "Pesco is laughing at me and doing weird hax." I pray this case is better then that.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2011, 04:48:04 AM »
Oh dear god, words.
Dormio is rereading, again, please wait warmly.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2011, 05:15:13 AM »
I hate travel times.
Anyway.

Shadoweh: I still don't like you. :/

capt. h: What's with your need to update us with information on who hasn't been posting which everybody already knows.
Also, what do you get out of finding out if english is Conqueror's first language or not?
It shouldn't affect things either way.
Additionally, you say to Conqueror "I don't think you're scum." and "My gut says you're town, but I don't trust my gut."
Which is it?

More posts incoming after I do a bit more reading.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2011, 05:41:14 AM »
Kilgamayan: His first two votes were based on the criteria of "interesting wagons" which I don't like but whatever.

Conqueror: Your promised thoughts on Bard were just "I dunno lol".
Dormio needs to expand on his one-liners!
So do you! Seeing as the only time you don't use them seems to be when you're defending yourself.
Uh, I had some more stuff to say to you but I forgot. I'll make another post when I remember.

PX: Hi. You are forever scum. Anyway.
There's your first vote which was "What he said ##Vote".
#179 says nothing pretty much and has an unvote thrown in for kicks.
He says in #195 that Shadoweh's entire case on him is "has no content" but does nothing to address nor even denies it.
And his latest post doesn't say much other than "the Conqueror wagon looks legit, let's jump on it".

##Unvote
##Vote PX

Also, I get back from uni tomorrow right as the day ends.
:/

Conqueror

« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2011, 06:05:34 AM »
@Dormio: Oh you. Not that it will matter with my flip. I don't have anything to say on Bard anyway.

I don't see any counterwagons taking off by the end of the day. Super happy fun claim time coming in a moment or in ~6 hours, depending on how lazy I am.

Shadoweh

« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2011, 06:09:09 AM »
You might as well claim now. I can already guess what your power is because you sound like you're getting ready for a massive trolling.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2011, 06:09:31 AM »
Hourai:
Wat? You wanna play the game?
Similar to PX, hasn't really said much.

My head hurts now, and I have an assignment due friday that I haven't started.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Nothing at all?
Also, I don't really like the "Oh, I'm dead so let's do nothing" attitude.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
:/

Conqueror

« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2011, 06:11:12 AM »
Nothing at all?
Also, I don't really like the "Oh, I'm dead so let's do nothing" attitude.

I've said everything I could say already.