Author Topic: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!  (Read 264200 times)

7TC7

• In best company
Re: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!
« Reply #600 on: March 02, 2011, 06:29:23 PM »
We do have a precedent of a stage 1 boss being tied in with the plot though - Nazrin.

An exception is needed to proof a rule. Also, I mentioned that at least in the demo, we wouldn't get much involved in whats really happening. As I said, a stage 1 or 2 boss can easily come back later and mean business, but who would have thought, Nazrin would come back as the servant of a tiger.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #601 on: March 02, 2011, 08:38:54 PM »
Don't know if anyone here has mentioned this already, but I found an interesting tidbit in PMiSS while I was doing some research for a story.If we're dealing with divine spirits, is it possible that Heaven's basically run out of room and started having to kick people out? It fits with the 10-spiritual-realms idea, so are we going to see Reimu punching more gods in the face?
Okay this sounds awesome-
During the happenings of SWR Yukari actually finds out that this is a lie; Heaven is not full at all, the celestials just don't want others there.  :V
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Scarlet_Weather_Rhapsody/Translation/Yukari%27s_Scenario
Even better.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #602 on: March 02, 2011, 08:49:38 PM »
I saw it somewhere in this thread but I forgot. and I don't see it on the first post and I DONT want to read the entire thread again. But I could have sworn I saw someone say the release date of the demo, what is it again?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #603 on: March 02, 2011, 08:51:30 PM »
I saw it somewhere in this thread but I forgot. and I don't see it on the first post and I DONT want to read the entire thread again. But I could have sworn I saw someone say the release date of the demo, what is it again?
Think someone said March/April.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #604 on: March 02, 2011, 08:55:12 PM »

Couldn't even read the first post? :S

I don't get half because I don't know how to moon and GTranslate makes it confusing, but he mentions a trial during Reitaisai. Maybe.

There really aren't many details beyond that, as far as I'm aware.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #605 on: March 02, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »

I think it's ReitaisaI 8. March 13-14?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #606 on: March 02, 2011, 09:07:26 PM »
Couldn't even read the first post? :S

I said I DID read it and I didn't see it. Reitaisai (maybe?) isn't exactly a definitive release date. I'm pretty sure I saw it clarified later on.

anyway based on future replies looks like the answer I was looking for simply confirmed that guess so thanks.

« Reply #607 on: March 02, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Ten_Desires

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
« Reply #608 on: March 02, 2011, 09:25:09 PM »
Looks like I'm three days late  :V It's been a pretty long time since I've been on MoTK . Hmmmmm Sanae a playable character? Again? I don't mind having Youmu in the gang, but I would've preferred if Sanae was replaced by Sakuya. But I know that'll it'll never since it seems like the past few games ZUN has neglected her. And I've read this whole thread and the most I can remember now is "MIMA-SAMAAAAAAAAA" and "Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post."

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

wut it's been three days already and this is still happening

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #609 on: March 02, 2011, 09:53:50 PM »
Looks like I'm three days late  :V It's been a pretty long time since I've been on MoTK . Hmmmmm Sanae a playable character? Again? I don't mind having Youmu in the gang, but I would've preferred if Sanae was replaced by Sakuya. But I know that'll it'll never since it seems like the past few games ZUN has neglected her. And I've read this whole thread and the most I can remember now is "MIMA-SAMAAAAAAAAA" and "Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post."

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

wut it's been three days already and this is still happening

Yeah and like most memes out there those jokes are old now :P

But hey, this may have had the most posts in a short time span in this version of MotK, but nothing will ever beat the wa-

* Gpop is shot mercilessly

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #610 on: March 02, 2011, 10:08:39 PM »
Yesssssss a Touhou game I stand a chance of beating screw you UFO  :V
Yesssssss Youmu comes back  :3

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #611 on: March 02, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »
Yesssssss a Touhou game I stand a chance of beating screw you UFO  :V

oh, you don't know that yet. it could be terrible.

:V :V :V

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #612 on: March 02, 2011, 10:14:23 PM »

Also, im expecting people to claim that the game is bullshit on the day that the trial is released because of the new gimmick that Zun's added in this release. Very much like how many thought how UFO was harder because of the new system and therefore bullshit.
^

This isn't based on just my opinion alone. Zun said that he made the difficulty harder by adding in a new element in the game.

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #613 on: March 02, 2011, 10:23:07 PM »
^

This isn't based on just my opinion alone. Zun said that he made the difficulty harder by adding in a new element in the game.
He said he made the game more complicated to make the difficulty easier. I'm assuming by 'complicated' he means some fancy game mechanic of some sort (like maybe hypers).

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #614 on: March 02, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
He said he made the game more complicated to make the difficulty easier. I'm assuming by 'complicated' he means some fancy game mechanic of some sort (like maybe hypers).
Zun making Touhou easier? That seems like a first. :V (You can argue IN, but eh)

I really do think Zun is going to even out the difficulty in this game.
More among the likes of UFO...

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #615 on: March 02, 2011, 10:30:40 PM »
Are you sure?  Gensokyo.org has this for their translation of ZUN's post:

Quote from: ZUN
Even though I only put out one work a year, having thought about how long I?ve been at it, I imagine the target demographics for my games have changed.

And so, this time, I will be keeping the difficulty level in check and won?t be going wild on the complexity of the game mechanics.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #616 on: March 02, 2011, 10:32:08 PM »
The game will be hard as fuck as always and I will forever remain as a secodnary

Mokou Fan

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #617 on: March 02, 2011, 10:35:57 PM »
Raw difficulty is the best kind of difficulty. The developer doesn't put any bs (Not that Zun ever has, btw) that puts the player in an unfair situation. (Unfriendly controls, complicated health system, player death required to proceed to next level, etc. Unavoidable patterns)

Maybe this time I'll finally move up to Lunatic.

*GreenVirus points at signature.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #618 on: March 02, 2011, 10:43:22 PM »
Raw difficulty is the best kind of difficulty. The developer doesn't put any bs (Not that Zun ever has, btw) that puts the player in an unfair situation.
That seems unrelated to my point.

According to that translation not only was ZUN making the game easier ("keeping the difficulty level in check"), he said he wasn't going to make the game more "complicated" ("won?t be going wild on the complexity of the game mechanics") which contradicts what Suikama QB said. 
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #619 on: March 02, 2011, 10:45:48 PM »
Soo.... I am confused.
What's going to get harder? The gameplay mechanics or the danmaku?  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:49:16 PM by Paper_Conan »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #620 on: March 02, 2011, 10:48:59 PM »
Soo.... I am confused.
Will the danmaku get harder, or will the gameplay mechanics?  :ohdear:

Quote from: ZUN
Even though I only put out one work a year, having thought about how long I?ve been at it, I imagine the target demographics for my games have changed.

And so, this time, I will be keeping the difficulty level in check and won?t be going wild on the complexity of the game mechanics.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #621 on: March 02, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »
Oh I went off someone else's translation so :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #622 on: March 02, 2011, 10:52:22 PM »
I said I DID read it and I didn't see it. Reitaisai (maybe?) isn't exactly a definitive release date. I'm pretty sure I saw it clarified later on.
Sorry if I can't read ZUN's mind via blogpost, so yeah
                                                                                   .

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #623 on: March 02, 2011, 10:53:32 PM »
That seems unrelated to my point.

According to that translation not only was ZUN making the game easier ("keeping the difficulty level in check"), he said he wasn't going to make the game more "complicated" ("won?t be going wild on the complexity of the game mechanics") which contradicts what Suikama QB said. 
I trying to point out that Zun is basing most of the difficulty on the patterns themselves instead of making it harder because of gameplay mechanics, or because of anything else that could be considered "fake difficulty." :V

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #624 on: March 02, 2011, 10:54:37 PM »
quotes
K, that makes things a lot clearer~ :derp:

Still, I just can't wait to see what ZUN has stored for us in Touhou 13.....
I demand that the final boss be Kogasa a non-spirit/ghost thing.

Oh, and I keep thinking TD to be like if UFO and IN had a baby. I can't wait for spellpractice!  :3

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #625 on: March 02, 2011, 11:14:12 PM »
Well woah. I poof for a couple of days and look what happens. Anyways, looking forward to this!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #626 on: March 02, 2011, 11:52:00 PM »
I'd love me some Kogasa, but it's unlikely :derp:
                                                                                   .

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #627 on: March 03, 2011, 12:30:43 AM »
I'd love me some Kogasa, but it's unlikely :derp:

Yeah, Kogasa is the only persona in the UFO cast I really like. But I'm not really sure if I want her back enough to "kill" a spot for a new potential character I might possibly like more (unlikely but more the merrier). Hatate and Kasen are different simply because they haven't had their turn yet in the XX.0 games yet.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2011, 12:35:39 AM »
I'm not really fond of Hatate though, for the same reasons I'm not fond of Sanae.
Kasen on the other hand could use an appearance.
On that note, there's a few other characters who didn't get the chance to show in the games but imo totally deserve it, like Tokiko.
                                                                                   .

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2011, 12:42:10 AM »

:colonveeplusalpha:

I'll be sticking to Normal, then. Again.