Author Topic: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!  (Read 263587 times)

Re: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2011, 04:58:31 AM »
 :]

Im trying to restrain myself from dancing in a public place atm.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2011, 05:02:52 AM »
Took you damn long enough, ZUN.

Oh well, new non-decimal title. :toot:

Edit: ...Oh yeah and - woo, spell practice! :]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:26:07 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2011, 05:53:59 AM »
Finally a complete game, after the decimal series, improved ZUN art, and SPELL PRACTICE!!!  :o

I'm gonna asplode... :getdown:

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2011, 06:19:03 AM »
HOLY MOTHER OF SHIT!

FINALLY!

Now...

Spirits, ghost and stuff: LET THEM MIMA FANS IN! (Not!)

miracle★cookie

• 時よ止まれ、お前は美しい
« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2011, 06:20:27 AM »
Spoiler:
no one cares but
got a better reading on youmu's texts,

「冥界の土地も有限よ、余計な霊達は全て斬る!」 -> the underworld's land is limited, excessive spirits must be all cut down!
謎の亭神霊を放って置けないと調査に出かける -> cant leave the spirits alone so she goes out to investigate?

死欲の半霊 -> either death-seeking half ghost or half ghost wanted by death
Konpaku Youmu

猛攻の居合いタイプ -> heavy offence Iai type

ショット 高速時 剣気
溜撃ち 結跏趺斬 -> charge shot  Lotus Stance Cut
*低速移動中ショットは撃てません -> not sure what this means. looking at PoFV manual, most likely just saying cant shoot during focus/charge

スペルカード:空観剣「六根清浄斬」 -> spellcard/bomb: Voidness Sword 'Slash Clearing the Six Senses'

特殊能力:低速移動中のあたり判定が極端に小さい -> during focus mode the...hitbox? (あたり判定 = collision detection) is extremely small?  :V
       霊界での攻撃力が高い -> attack power is high in the spiritual world...
Spoiler:
hyper mode

交通安全祈願...
Spoiler:
drive slow homie

Mist Finer? Oh dear, I don't want Youmu to play like Guilty Gear's Johnny.... :ohdear:

Spoiler:
youmu confirmed for pimp tier
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:26:46 PM by miracle★cookie »

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2011, 06:25:35 AM »
Spoiler:
youmu confirmed for pimp tier
like her father.

now i want know if ZUN will do all new bosses, or will use a few old ones...

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2011, 06:48:25 AM »
4 playable characters with at least 2 shot types each + spell practice... And an extended length of time between it's development and the last th x.0

Sounds like zun's most ambitious project to date. I wonder if he's going to surprise us with more extra goodies.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2011, 06:49:50 AM »
S1: Orin - trying to dig up corpses
S2: Kogasa - What better way to surprise the player?
S3: Mima
S4-S6 new bosses

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

ark

• みょん
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2011, 06:51:34 AM »
4 playable characters with at least 2 shot types each + spell practice... And an extended length of time between it's development and the last th x.0

Sounds like zun's most ambitious project to date. I wonder if he's going to surprise us with more extra goodies.
What gives you the idea that there are 2 shot types? The player select screen suggests only one.

S1: Orin - trying to dig up corpses
S2: Kogasa - What better way to surprise the player?
S3: Mima
S4-S6 new bosses
No way; ZUN has never recycled that many bosses before. At most it was just one stage (IN stage 4, MoF stage 4).

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2011, 06:58:29 AM »
The meanest way he could surprise people would probably be by breaking shooter-conventions and doing 7 regular stages. Imagine the reactions from the people who barely make it through Stage 6. "Yeah, beat the ga--- WHAT DO YOU MEAN STAGE SEVEN??"  :derp:

Not expecting anything like that to happen, but the mere thought was amusing to me :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2011, 07:02:49 AM »
The meanest way he could surprise people would probably be by breaking shooter-conventions and doing 7 regular stages. Imagine the reactions from the people who barely make it through Stage 6. "Yeah, beat the ga--- WHAT DO YOU MEAN STAGE SEVEN??"  :derp:

Not expecting anything like that to happen, but the mere thought was amusing to me :V

That wouldn't be mean, that'd be awesome.

As for 2 shot types, I simply read someone say it was obvious there were 2 based on screenshots or something. I didn't see anybody dispute it so I said it =p.

« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2011, 07:03:27 AM »
A lot of shmups have 7 stages, but it's not really as common as it used to be.

Spoiler:
no one cares but
got a better reading on youmu's texts, [....]

So it looks like characters will have special abilities to differentiate them further. Hopefully they are a bit more interesting than the ones in SA.

I'm guessing the gameplay flow is going to revolve around picking up those green, blue, and red orbs (that possibly drop from the new enemy-type seen on the title screen) in order to fill the three meters just above the skull. Doing so will allow you to cross into the spiritual world and cash in on score, or possibly increase the value of blue point items, with a hyper-like shot.

I also noticed that each life and bomb is divided into 10 pieces.

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2011, 07:11:17 AM »
I also noticed that each life and bomb is divided into 10 pieces.
Oh. I was wondering why the first two screens had different numbers than there were lives/bombs below the meters :derp:

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2011, 07:21:19 AM »
Right middle screen shot, and others... Muenzuka and such? Outside humans from the Road of Reconsideration? maybe....

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #314 on: February 28, 2011, 07:23:59 AM »
The reason I thought there were 2 shots per character was because Marisa can be seen with UFOLasers in one screen and I think PCBMissiles in another screen.
But if she only gets PCBMissiles during a hyper then I'mma be disappoint.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2011, 07:25:30 AM »

IN had about the same qualities + great characters and setting/atmosphere, which is why it was my favorite TH game. From the looks of it, TH13 looks very promising already.

And damn, ZUN's art improved a lot.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »
As for 2 shot types, I simply read someone say it was obvious there were 2 based on screenshots or something. I didn't see anybody dispute it so I said it =p.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are Marisa's regular and hyper shots.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2011, 07:31:15 AM »
So it looks like characters will have special abilities to differentiate them further. Hopefully they are a bit more interesting than the ones in SA.
Hopefully Marisa's won't be terrible, like back in IN....

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2011, 07:34:46 AM »
Well, why would Marisa change from lasers to missiles for a hyper? It would make more sense just to have bigger lasers, right? And for Sanae to only have Star Soldier shots would be depressing.

Also

Holy hell even UFOLasers don't pierce anymore.

« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2011, 07:36:13 AM »
Though, there is nothing to indicate that we can't have two or more shot-types per character and a hyper variation of each, assuming that there are even hypers in the first place. It's possible that each shot-type has its own dedicated page in the Player Select menu.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2011, 07:42:30 AM »
No way; ZUN has never recycled that many bosses before. At most it was just one stage (IN stage 4, MoF stage 4).

Nah, I wasn't being serious about that list. Actually hoping for new bosses. Though, having Orin as a S1 midboss just because she wants to collect corpses might be possible. A character from a previous game as midboss has been done, so why not?

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

ark

• みょん
« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2011, 07:57:16 AM »
It's possible that each shot-type has its own dedicated page in the Player Select menu.
This I find hard to believe.

Also, non-piercing lasers? Disappoint. :(

Ayuka

• Pursuer of cute things
  • Not obsessive in the slightest.
    • Neko Arrange
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2011, 08:05:18 AM »
This I find hard to believe.

Could just be that at the time the shot was taken he hadn't put in the shot select.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2011, 08:11:26 AM »
I'm fine with nonpiercing lasers. When has it ever been useful aside from UFOs, Nazrin, and Nue?
I'll be fine if there's a MoF-and-onward-Needle Reimu, too, as long as Master Spark is actually stronger than Needle Reimu's Bomb (looking at you UFO!)

Seriously, that's unfair that they made Master Spark into not-bomb type and just gave it piercing. Considering the other drawbacks of Master Spark in UFO it definitely should have been the strongest bomb.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2011, 08:18:44 AM »
Fffff...... All the goods thing happen when i am in bed. I hate being in gmt timezone for this.

Oh well, touhou 13. So far for the people speculating 1 year about an underwater touhou. I wonder if screens really show what we are getting. I wonder.

Maybe this will be finally my next IN follow up version. I am really looking forward to reitaisai now.

« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2011, 08:22:50 AM »
A new Touhou game? Alright!! Kickass ZUN. I was started to get worried since you hadn't announced anything yet but apparently you have now. Well... looking forward to what kind of stupid/funny/crazy ideas he's got for us this time. And certainly, i do have 10 desires.

- Consistently fun stages.
- Entertaining bosses.
- Challenging difficulty.
- Something that's not just a rehash of the UFO system.
- Interesting, cute and/or sexy new characters.
- Good shottypes.
- Good music.
- Hypers. :V
- Last Words now that spell practice is back.
- For Mima to stay away.

I'm really happy about spell practice being back. I can hardly express how many hours i've sunk into IN just grinding away at spells with more and more ridiculous restrictions. Things that would've taken eternities to accomplish without spell practice when you have to go through stages and i would've given up on. And the instant access to quick fun like say, "Let's time out Asteroid Belt for the lulz". and that sort.

Finally its nice to be able to work out a troublesome spell easily. Its hard to find a larger pain that having to go through boring shit that you can easily do just to have a single go and something difficult.

Now, a difficulty at the level of UFO would be welcome. I'm more ready for a tough Lunatic now and with spell practice i have the means to learn it since i have eternities worth of patience when i can just concentrate on what i want instead of wasting time with stage portions etc.

Oh and my idea was that ZUN's 13th game would have a horror theme. Friday the 13th and like that. Now with this cemetary we are seeing i might be right. :)

if Orin's actually in it, I hope she's even harder than in SA.

Yeah. The difficulty of the original Orin was limited to two attacks pretty much. Non-spells included. If she does indeed show up, let her be a little harder ZUN.

I notice there doesn't seem to be any bosses in those pics.

Well since Touhou would be shit without its bosses they are probably there. Not even ZUN is stupid enough to remove his bosses.

« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
Touhou 13 - Ten Desires
I like what I see.
Spoiler:
I'm so glad it's not another Phantasmagoria.
It seems Sanae is now part of the permanent protagonist crew. I'm glad Youmu's on board again. Hopefully each player will have multiple shot types.

« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2011, 08:32:55 AM »
Orin seems like a possible early mid-boss; for some reason Kisume does too.

Considering Masoleums, zombie characters seem natural.
Also, unlucky 13 could make an appearance, though a Friday The 13th-Esqe Hockey-Masked Chainsaw-Wielding Lolita is far-fetched.

Cut:
Oh and my idea was that ZUN's 13th game would have a horror theme. Friday the 13th and like that. Now with this cemetary we are seeing I might be right.
Exactly.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2011, 08:33:09 AM »
Can someone tell me what this 'hyper' thing is i am reading all over this thread? I hope it is not like in those other shmups gaining temp boost of power. Imo would be so non- touhouish.

Formless God

« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »
- Consistently fun stages.
- Entertaining bosses.
- Challenging difficulty.
- Something that's not just a rehash of the UFO system.
- Interesting, cute and/or sexy new characters.
- Good shottypes.
- Good music.
- Hypers. :V
- Last Words now that spell practice is back.
- For Mima to stay away.
maximum brofist