Author Topic: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!  (Read 264186 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Touhou 13 announced!
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2011, 12:35:33 AM »
Maybe it'll be like HRtP where there were over 6 levels, but it'll be 10 instead of 20.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Mima-sama

• What are you doing in that shrine you are not a god
  • You are too cool to be a god anyway :|
Re: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2011, 12:36:33 AM »
So this game is obviously going to have Mima in it because it's about spirits, just like in SA. It's already been decided, you can't argue it.  :dealwithit:

Also Marisa's costume is literally going to be purple as opposed to just be flashing purple when using the hyper function, so I mean how can you possibly not think Mima's going to be in it.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2011, 12:37:17 AM »

th13: teapartywithyukari
Spoiler:
and witches

Yeah, glad you highlighted that warp thingy, as it seems to be in another screenshot, too. Could be some gapping action!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2011, 12:37:43 AM »
So I'm guessing 6 stages of oh desire and then 4 stages of tenshi tenshi tenshi....

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2011, 12:39:00 AM »
Maybe it'll be like HRtP where there were over 6 levels, but it'll be 10 instead of 20.

No, clearly. It'll break 20 and go into brainfuck levels of 'oh god' and have 30 stages.

Obviously.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2011, 12:39:07 AM »
Oh hey new game yay.

Edit: Also, spell practice.  :getdown:

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2011, 12:40:15 AM »
if Orin's actually in it, I hope she's even harder than in SA.

Also, hope I can enjoy this one. Wonder what the system and scoring is like. I already want to get into SA scoring once I bother to learn how to do it, but I'd like for another game where it'd be nice to do.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2011, 12:42:18 AM »
FUCK I WAS PLAYING MVC3 WHEN THIS WAS ANNOUNCED.

Youmu playable, spirits, oh god this is gonna bring so much damn hype I'd better hide in a bomb-shell.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2011, 12:43:36 AM »

th13: teapartywithyukari
Spoiler:
and witches

Maybe this is hinting at dimensional switching as part of gameplay. In that case 10D / TD / XD (still waiting for consensus) may play more strategically, albeit easier.

Or Yukari is somehow involved again, similar to many Touhou fan-fictions.

Or the girls of Gensokyo learned how to think in portals, and the last boss is GlaDOS *shot amid Portal 2 hype*
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2011, 12:48:53 AM »
I'm personally more interested in what Youmu's shot types are gonna be like.  One's probably gonna resemble her shot in Imperishable Night, but that still leaves one or two others.

I'm surprised that she's getting a playable appearance, but at the same time I think I kinda expected it.  Since she's half-human, I suppose she fits the necessary requirements. 

Just speculation, but this also might be the start of a Hakugyokurou-character arc in the overall series.  EoSD more or less got one (Sakuya's playable appearance in PCB, as well as both her and Remi in IN, along with how the inhabitants in the SDM got a major role in SSiB), and both Cage in Lunatic Runagate and Silent Sinner in Blue were direct sequels to IN.  On top of that, you might said that Subterranean Animism and Hisoutensoku are both direct sequels to Mountain of Faith as well.  Personally, I've been wanting more focus on the Hyakugyokurou gals for a while now, so the prospect does kind excite me.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2011, 12:50:06 AM »
I wonder what new batch of bosses we'll have this time.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2011, 12:53:01 AM »
Sweet~

I can't wait to see the stage bosses. :3EDIT: lulz no interruptions when posting~

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2011, 12:53:39 AM »
The forum is just exploding.

I'd go for TD, and Mausoleum sounds like a good interpretation, but we'll really have to see what poor dimension / temple / building alike is going to take on the wrath of Reimu, thievery of Marisa, destruction of Sanae, or... Myon-ness of Youmu.

Ten Desires sounds like a tie in for a local myth or gossip that ZUN decided to dig up, which will become uber popular, and should it still exist in a physical realm, it will be the next biggest hype to Suwa Shrine Usurpation.

It's interesting that ZUN is bringing back the old "spirit outbreak --> pissed off shrine maiden --> goes to deal the problem from its source" pattern.  TH9 and TH11 had its share as well, but doesn't sound as much prominent as this one.

Phantom (TH7), Evil Spirit (TH11) and now "Divine Sprit" (TH13).  I'll laugh if ZUN tries anything Western here... *no way no way*

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2011, 12:54:42 AM »
I'm personally more interested in what Youmu's shot types are gonna be like.  One's probably gonna resemble her shot in Imperishable Night, but that still leaves one or two others.

I'm surprised that she's getting a playable appearance, but at the same time I think I kinda expected it.  Since she's half-human, I suppose she fits the necessary requirements. 

Just speculation, but this also might be the start of a Hakugyokurou-character arc in the overall series.  EoSD more or less got one (Sakuya's playable appearance in PCB, as well as both her and Remi in IN, along with how the inhabitants in the SDM got a major role in SSiB), and both Cage in Lunatic Runagate and Silent Sinner in Blue were direct sequels to IN.  On top of that, you might said that Subterranean Animism and Hisoutensoku are both direct sequels to Mountain of Faith as well.  Personally, I've been wanting more focus on the Hyakugyokurou gals for a while now, so the prospect does kind excite me.

That actually makes a lot of sense, and I'd love to see Yuyuko return (or maybe even Youki's first REAL appearance).

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2011, 12:57:01 AM »
(or maybe even Youki's first REAL appearance).
Youki as potential boss? :3

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2011, 12:58:42 AM »

A mysterious skull meter...

Is this the spinning enemy thing from SoEW ?

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2011, 12:59:10 AM »
Youki as secret playable character :V

« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2011, 12:59:18 AM »
It's interesting that ZUN is bringing back the old "spirit outbreak --> pissed off shrine maiden --> goes to deal the problem from its source" pattern.  TH9 and TH11 had its share as well, but doesn't sound as much prominent as this one.

Phantom (TH7), Evil Spirit (TH11) and now "Divine Sprit" (TH13).  I'll laugh if ZUN tries anything Western here... *no way no way*

These dang spirits never learn. Talk about your residual hauntings.

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2011, 12:59:40 AM »
I just realized a small skull (a bit creepy) on the left bottom of the screenshot.  And the spirit looking mark is "depleting" at each screen shot.

Necro-moe! O_o;;

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2011, 12:59:55 AM »

Bosses akin to stage 4 of IN. Youmu's would be Youki. Because Youki.

Youki as secret playable character :V

Or this.

Also god damn your posting speed, everyone.

« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2011, 01:00:14 AM »
Sanae seems to have inherited UFO's MariB shot. Karma of some sort?

« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2011, 01:02:13 AM »
That actually makes a lot of sense, and I'd love to see Yuyuko return (or maybe even Youki's first REAL appearance).

I wouldn't know about a "real appearance", but at least a flashback or somesuch would be nice.  Well, honestly, I could take it or leave it.  We don't even know what Marisa's old man look like yet, and we know for a fact that he's actually alive and in Gensokyo.

I can't really see him as a boss though.  He's not a girl.  At least, I don't think he is, anyway.  And I don't really think the cloud counts, since he was more or less an accessory to the girl.  Or maybe the girl was the accessory?

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2011, 01:03:15 AM »
I wouldn't know about a "real appearance", but at least a flashback or somesuch would be nice.  Well, honestly, I could take it or leave it.  We don't even know what Marisa's old man look like yet, and we know for a fact that he's actually alive and in Gensokyo.

Yeah, that's what I mean. First appearance with, y'know, canon art. Isn't OldMan!Youki a fanon thing?

« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2011, 01:03:40 AM »
If that's really some sort of Hyper in the 3rd gameplay pic I'm going to love this so much.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2011, 01:04:06 AM »
I can't really see him as a boss though.  He's not a girl.  At least, I don't think he is, anyway.  And I don't really think the cloud counts, since he was more or less an accessory to the girl.  Or maybe the girl was the accessory?
The boss will be Youki's Myon and Youki will be the accessory :getdown:

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2011, 01:04:13 AM »
Is this the spinning enemy thing from SoEW ?

Looks more like the modern kedama design actually.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2011, 01:05:19 AM »
Yeah, that's what I mean. First appearance with, y'know, canon art. Isn't OldMan!Youki a fanon thing?

Hm.....  In that case, maybe he's a beautiful young man?  Oh, or maybe a childish-looking trap!  Half ghosts age much slower than humans, so it wouldn't be unlikely, right?  Hehehe....

Palewolf

• バカ狼ですよ
« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2011, 01:05:31 AM »
Lol that would be quite awesome.
Also hyyyyyypeeeee!

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2011, 01:06:48 AM »
Hm.....  In that case, maybe he's a beautiful young man?  Oh, or maybe a childish-looking trap!  Half ghosts age much slower than humans, so it wouldn't be unlikely, right?  Hehehe....

You had me at trap!Youki. You are amazing for planting that image in my head.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2011, 01:07:15 AM »
fuck yeah youmu is playable