Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 286541 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #420 on: July 05, 2011, 11:24:44 AM »
Zombie fairies, huh...this aught to be interesting. XD
They already are zombie faeries (purple) in Squid's mod! I'm just running them over with Team (9).
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #421 on: July 05, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
was an updated torrent ever created for this? i don't think i have enough time to separately download everything seeing as the first file is 700mb and i have a horrid speed.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #422 on: July 05, 2011, 04:18:32 PM »
It has not, and the torrent seems to be dead.
The MegaUpload links are your best bet for now.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #423 on: July 06, 2011, 02:43:17 AM »
It has not, and the torrent seems to be dead.
The MegaUpload links are your best bet for now.

Maybe we should make it a point that the torrent will NEVER be active. XD "Don't have time"....? If you don't have time to download via Megaupload, then you just don't have time to play GTA...im sorry...hehe
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #424 on: July 06, 2011, 02:54:59 AM »
Maybe we should make it a point that the torrent will NEVER be active. XD "Don't have time"....? If you don't have time to download via Megaupload, then you just don't have time to play GTA...im sorry...hehe
That's up to Squid or someone with a qualifying forum position to do. I can't do that, seeing as the Idiot Princess title does not have post editing powers, and I don't feel like doing some contest to get the Idiot Maiden rank (which has said ability).
Bad command or file name

pineyappled

« Reply #425 on: July 06, 2011, 07:06:36 PM »
Why don't you just PM him? It says he was on today.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #426 on: July 06, 2011, 07:47:54 PM »
I already did, but it was about using his files to extend the next version, which Tempest and I will be managing in his stead.
Besides I think the torrent has been dead for at least a month, going by posts here.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #427 on: July 07, 2011, 02:06:48 AM »
Why don't you just PM him? It says he was on today.

Even though EP seems to not want to PM about said issue right away, I highly agree.
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

« Reply #428 on: July 14, 2011, 01:54:58 AM »
Hey, new here.

Mod is awesome, works great.
Took me awhile to get things working, but it works.

Question though, can anyone tell me how to change the character who appears in cut scenes?
For me it's Remilia, I wanted to change it to Mio(K-ON mod).
I did it before, but after I installed the Touhou Conversion it stopped working.
I believe I only need the file name for Remilia in cut scenes.

Thanks in advance.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #429 on: July 14, 2011, 03:16:29 AM »
Changing the cutscene model is a more difficult task. You have to open up your GTA3.img and replace the CJ models with Mio, and then run a few things outside that to ensure that it works, from what I understand.

BTW, can you link me the Mio model? I have plans to add her and a few other non-Touhou characters (Miku, Donald McDonald, KBC or Pepsiman if I can find him) to a future version.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #430 on: July 14, 2011, 02:55:54 PM »
Sure, no problem, here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FC59NRNX [Includes a few other rare ones, if you don't already have]

And yeah, I understand how to do it all, I just don't know what the model names are. xD
Before when I had Mio appear in cut scenes, I only had to rename the mio.txd and .diff to csmari.txd and .diff, but all the other characters in-game appeared as their original characters, so I used the cut.img in the Touhou Conversion.
That, however, overrides my Mio mod. xD

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:03:25 PM by MekiNeki »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #431 on: July 14, 2011, 03:23:08 PM »
Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out the model names myself (new version will use a different Reimu model since I don't like the current MMD one).
Bad command or file name

« Reply #432 on: July 14, 2011, 03:39:38 PM »
Your welcome, when you find the model names, please, let me know.
I'm extremely stubborn, I haven't even finished the first mission cause I want Mio to appear. xD

And yeah, I didn't like the Reimu model much either, same with the Marisa model, to me it just doesn't look like her. :c

« Reply #433 on: July 14, 2011, 09:47:28 PM »
I'm new to this whole GTA modding thing but I got the mod up and running without too much trouble. Is there a way for me to switch the cut-scene characters around though? I know how to do it if i had a separate copy of the character models as individual files but I can't for the life of me find a stand-alone Sakuya model.

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #434 on: July 15, 2011, 06:18:19 AM »
Your welcome, when you find the model names, please, let me know.
I'm extremely stubborn, I haven't even finished the first mission cause I want Mio to appear. xD

And yeah, I didn't like the Reimu model much either, same with the Marisa model, to me it just doesn't look like her. :c

I never get to the first mission since I just play around with the Touhou mod, always starting a new game every time I want to play (I've tested a saved file with the mod and have encountered massive stability problems...as well as Carmageddon as received from EP. [BTW EP, am I still the only person to have your Carmageddon mod, or have you released it to others yet?]

I kinda agree on the views of Marisa and Reimu and the lack of "looking like them"<-- (Damn it, I keep typing @ instead of " since I have my keyboard set for UK). Remilia and Flandre could really do some remodeling as well, especially when it comes to Flandre's wings. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think that the wings could either use reshaping or a little looseness when moving.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #435 on: July 15, 2011, 06:33:31 AM »
I never get to the first mission since I just play around with the Touhou mod, always starting a new game every time I want to play (I've tested a saved file with the mod and have encountered massive stability problems...as well as Carmageddon as received from EP. [BTW EP, am I still the only person to have your Carmageddon mod, or have you released it to others yet?]

I kinda agree on the views of Marisa and Reimu and the lack of "looking like them"<-- (Damn it, I keep typing @ instead of " since I have my keyboard set for UK). Remilia and Flandre could really do some remodeling as well, especially when it comes to Flandre's wings. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think that the wings could either use reshaping or a little looseness when moving.
Ehe, you do know it is possible to complete many of the side missions before the first mission, right? :D That's something you could do.

As for Carmageddon, you're the only one I sent the files to. I'm getting ready to release my work (due to lack of incentive to work on it any further) but massive computer problems are causing me issues (tech thread has details).

I don't mind most of the models, but I mind Reimu and Sakuya, which stick to converted MMD models and aren't as resemblant. I replaced both with non-MMD ones but kept the old ones in anyways for greater model variety.
Bad command or file name

pineyappled

« Reply #436 on: July 15, 2011, 06:46:33 AM »
Installed Windows 7 on my dad's Vista laptop, running it from the Windows.old and now I can't load save files.
I could just dig out the disc and install it again, though, so it doesn't really matter.
Anyways, if you're adding misc. models, could I request a Rin Natsume if you can find a model of her?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #437 on: July 15, 2011, 06:56:22 AM »
Installed Windows 7 on my dad's Vista laptop, running it from the Windows.old and now I can't load save files.
I could just dig out the disc and install it again, though, so it doesn't really matter.
Anyways, if you're adding misc. models, could I request a Rin Natsume if you can find a model of her?
I'm only adding a handful (up to 4-5) here, and 3 are already chosen (Donald McDonald, Miku, and Mio so far, with plans for Kagami if I can find her). Plus I have to figure out who Rin Natsume is. :derp:
Bad command or file name

« Reply #438 on: July 15, 2011, 04:29:55 PM »
I never get to the first mission since I just play around with the Touhou mod, always starting a new game every time I want to play (I've tested a saved file with the mod and have encountered massive stability problems

As I have experienced and heard [I've been messing around with at least 100 different mods and have started new games at least 50 times] a lot of mods require that you start a new game for it to work properly, so loading a saved game will have issues, I've confirmed this with this Touhou mod, I loaded one of my old games and I crashed during or after cut scenes [First Mission: Big Smoke] and while changing models, so on.
So if you try actually playing through from the start, the only issues should be those in the readme.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #439 on: July 15, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »
As I have experienced and heard [I've been messing around with at least 100 different mods and have started new games at least 50 times] a lot of mods require that you start a new game for it to work properly, so loading a saved game will have issues, I've confirmed this with this Touhou mod, I loaded one of my old games and I crashed during or after cut scenes [First Mission: Big Smoke] and while changing models, so on.
So if you try actually playing through from the start, the only issues should be those in the readme.
Hm, I have played with complete game files using the Touhou mod and had no problems aside from the v1/v2 discrepancy (which I patched over with v1 files, namely script.img and main.scm - I will be doing this for the next mod version and put a warning for the increasingly common v2/v3 users).

But new games help better immerse you in the mod.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #440 on: July 15, 2011, 08:50:23 PM »
Hi there, I new to this site, but not to TH at all :D
I have one question about this pack: My game crashes almost always if I use any spellcard except Haisen or Laevateinn or Master Spark (+ flight not even activating - it's instantly crashes game). Is that somehow fixable? Thanks for future answers.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:03:07 PM by lorador21 »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #441 on: July 15, 2011, 09:06:11 PM »
Hi there, I new to this site, but to TH at all :D
I have one question about this pack: My game crashes almost always if I use any spellcard except Haisen or Laevateinn (+ flight not even activating - it's instantly crashes game). Is that somehow fixable? Thanks for future answers.
Hm, maybe your files aren't copied properly. This seems to be a running issue with this version, and though I have not experienced it at all, many of us have.

Here's a working flying script, by the way.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #442 on: July 15, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »
Hm, maybe your files aren't copied properly. This seems to be a running issue with this version, and though I have not experienced it at all, many of us have.

Here's a working flying script, by the way.

Thanks for flying script, it now works just fine! And how is it possible to copy not right? I'm pretty sure that I've extracted all of files from all of 12 parts. Oh and btw, Mop-script doesn't working too.

P.S I got Eu version 1.01

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #443 on: July 15, 2011, 09:27:45 PM »
Thanks for flying script, it now works just fine! And how is it possible to copy not right? I'm pretty sure that I've extracted all of files from all of 12 parts. Oh and btw, Mop-script doesn't working too.

P.S I got Eu version 1.01
...that may be why.
Try to find a US version 1.00 executable. That seems to work best with the Touhou GTA mod (though I want to expand support to JP ones as well, I can't find any).

Given all these issues with scripts....
* EP puts another thing - "split distribution into several files, such as one for scripts" - for the next iteration of said mod
Bad command or file name

« Reply #444 on: July 15, 2011, 09:43:53 PM »
...that may be why.
Try to find a US version 1.00 executable. That seems to work best with the Touhou GTA mod (though I want to expand support to JP ones as well, I can't find any).

Given all these issues with scripts....
* EP puts another thing - "split distribution into several files, such as one for scripts" - for the next iteration of said mod
Yep, that is it. US 1.00 helps a lot. All spells are working fine. Thanks for the help!

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #445 on: July 17, 2011, 03:46:44 AM »
Extraction of that flying.cleo file seems to be a problem with a lot of people. Good thing EP has a working copy. May the source be with you!
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Zinx Nightstar

• Sorcerer Of Night Who Has Lived Of A 1000 Years
  • Hello mortals, i am Odoru Higanbana.
« Reply #446 on: July 24, 2011, 04:21:48 PM »
wow i've been gone for some time and this place has already advanced so much =o anyway the point is that after you've created the v2 touhou mod and touhou samp you can post the links up and i'll download them make them into torrent files upload them and share myself. i'd mess with the torrent stuff myself. ofc i can't promise uploading speed will be very good if i have to share it all alone but its better than nothing i guess.

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #447 on: July 24, 2011, 07:04:32 PM »
Well if you were to create a torrent of the two packages, someone would end up downloading it in the end. If you post for needed seeding in your links message (if EP agrees to making a torrent when the time comes), then the source would double quickly. I would also host the torrent for better download speed if the final product were made into a torrent file.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Zinx Nightstar

• Sorcerer Of Night Who Has Lived Of A 1000 Years
  • Hello mortals, i am Odoru Higanbana.
« Reply #448 on: July 24, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »
thanks for the seeding help if that time comes and incase someone read the 1st message sorry i misread :/

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #449 on: July 24, 2011, 11:04:30 PM »
I'd agree on letting you two create a torrent.
However, you'll have to wait for me and Tempest to make and release the next version, and I'm leaning towards separate files (eg. models in one, skins in another, required CLEO scripts and whatnot in a third) since downloading the entire pack seems to face issues.
...I may just pull a Notch here and delay major updates until the next major update, releasing other minor bits sooner rather than later....

Just sharing a bit with you all.
BTW, upon release of 1.6, should we put it here or in a new thread?

Current progress so far in 1.6 (not enough to make it 2.0 yet :P):
 + SALA v8 Alpha included by default to fix the blurry textures issue. Also increases max AI vehicle and pedestrian instances by 10x. (Comes in two varieties - one disables certain graphics settings that lag slower systems on Medium)
 + StreamIniExtender plus customized stream.ini included. Defaults to 1GB memory configuration.
 + New timecyc.cfg that allows for 20x (or was it 100x? I forgot XD) population at all times - this does NOT change the distance where they start coming up though
 + Changed names of all radio stations to their respective circles (something Squidtentacle did not do) - don't get too confident over this, though, since I intend to change all the stations again.
 + Included several new CLEO3 scripts - Blaze, Missiles, teleporting to map marker, Gravity Gun, Portal Gun, FPS mode (still uses CJ model there)
 + Included ASI that allows for 16:9 display settings
+ Added Ryosuke's Ragdoll Mod (WARNING: Do not use in conjunction with GTA:SA Carmageddon, it hurts a LOT more) *will not be included due to continuing config changes amid its over-flexibility*
 + Included my own GTA: SA Carmageddon mod (standalone release incoming)
 + GTA4-style HUD included, but optional
 + Fixed the moon! (Squid forgot to do this)
 + Included "bikearmfix.asi" to fix long arms on bicycles bug
 + Player ranks adjusted to a modified version of Tempest's Touhou-related player ranks (and I couldn't get his american.gxt since it's optimized for Quebec French)
 + Included Ryosuke's Colour Mod to enhance the feel a bit - settings can be changed via either colormod.ini edit or typing 'COLORMOD' in-game (use mouse to adjust settings, directional keys to select, sprint to apply, enter/exit to go back).
 + Main GTA: SA script files replaced with the v1 ones for those of us with v2 or v3 (Steam). If you saved with either of those, your existing saves WILL BREAK, with no way to convert them over AFAIK.
 * Replaced some Sprunk machines with a picture of Nitori drinking Pepsi
 * Replaced Sakuya knife with a larger version; Katana with Youmu's sword; Vibrator...I forgot ^^'
 * Replaced model aeroplanes in Zero RC shop with Sanae action figures, Touhou figurine kits, and a Big Smoke one for the laughs
 * Replaced all gun models with those from the JMA pack (GRIM's is good but didn't cover everything, and the existing Touhou ones just didn't fit IMO - also it was incomplete)
 * Tweaked weapon statistics - notably, Gangster-level micro SMGs will share stats (ammo aside) with the Hitman level ones to assist in drive-bys when the latter is obtained
 - Removed PatchyBot, untextured Aya models; replaced with Patchaev (tracksuit Patchy) and army camo Nitori
 - Replaced the Hina-copter, Blue UFO, and missile NRG models with the game default ones (again, didn't fit)

Immediate To-do list:
 - Stop playing so much Minecraft, composing in Logic, messing with synths, and fix my desktop (Windows is failing me there)

- Replace the Kaguya default model, at least (I'm modding the IN version of gta3.img, and I lost track of what I did to it)
 - Write up a readme + change log (wait I did the latter already XD)
 - Bugtest a few player ranks in case I ran other parts over (Gangsta, Homie, Monster, a few others)
 - Bugtest on WinXP and 2k3 systems (I have latter, and so far the game crashes like a bitch - situation's marginally better under XP)
 - Get it zipped up and ready to go! (and uploaded)

Further down the Line:
 - Change gang names (I know who'll be who)
 - Change weapon level names
 - Replace character and gang names in script
 - Add new skin models
 - Change skin.img layout (don't get too comfortable with the current one!)
 - Add new ped/character models to gta3.img; first with Dark_Fox's files, and then more modding'll be done from there
 - New music, radio stations, DJs, sound effects (time to get hundreds, if not thousands of songs....)
 - Change some of the billboards and whatnot (so far - TVs, outdoor cinema, SDM are done by Dark_Fox)
- Add "High Quality" version that incorporates SRT3 Final Continue as well
 - Figure out compatibility with ENBSeries since SALA and ENB use the same DLL (but different versions) for modding
- Why is SACameraHack not working on any of my systems? ;_; It worked on 2k3, yay, but not the rest of the mod ???
 - Improve stability on XP, 2k3, 2k, ME, 98SE systems; maybe Vista too but Win7 is already too similar to that :V
 - Add support for EU and JP v1.00 executables (limited)
- Compact Edition for those with lower-end systems where the full mod may be a bit too much (file size-wise)
 - SAMP / MTA support! (we'll probably have to host our own server though)

On the blacklist:
 - Adding v1 executable to the archive (legal reasons)
 - Supporting the Mac or Xbox versions of the game (former has very few players, Mac and Windows have different memory management, and binary is likely based on v3 code (uncertain, and I'm not going to buy the Mac version); latter probably can't handle the awesomeness, and I don't have a Xbox)
 - Including support for SRT3, Project Oblivion, or Project Reality, among other things.
 - Any of ZUN's original WAV versions of Touhou songs. This is done out of respect for his derivative works policy, and also means that the casino music will have to be replaced (they are currently Aya's and Alice's themes in SWR). ZUN-style remixes, however, are okay. Also, MIDI versions are an exception.
 - Adding support for files over 4GB, which is a hard 32-bit limit we'll have to work with
 - Supporting alternate versions for other story characters (such as what Squid did with the SA, UFO, IN, etc. versions of gta3.img). This is due to the amount of effort needed to modify the assets and to keep consistency straight - I can say now that Reimu (non-MMD model) will be the default for story events. Of course, the skin can always be changed outside of cutscenes and certain missions/events.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:31:10 PM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name