Author Topic: Touhouvania 2!!!  (Read 81913 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: Touhouvania 2!!!
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2011, 08:17:35 PM »
My computer patched 1.02 properly without any language changes. I was quite suprised.

Is it right that 1.02 newly added the steak in stage 3?

How do you effectively use helpers?
Signature

Drake

« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »
1.02 Doesn't actively require any japanese characters, as the default folder name is in english and it doesn't use much aside from that. Just affects the readability of the button labels. Should have been the same with 1.01, though. You might just be pressing the wrong buttons, dunno :V

You use helpers effectively by learning where you "need" to use them, really.
Stuff like Flan and Remi doesn't actually help you anywhere in particular, and you won't learn anything by spamming them, which is why I don't recommend them.
Patchy's also useful pretty much anywhere, but again if you don't take the time to kill stuff you won't learn anything.
Alice and Meiling are good for tricky positioning (stuff below and above you).
You can fire Reimu backwards and hit stuff that's normally out of reach.
Knives are just pretty useful in general until you learn how to dodge well and make use of Sakuya's skillset better.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2011, 01:35:40 AM »
I'd complain about how skull-numbingly difficult Phantasm is, but...it's Phantasm.

Cup

« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »
Hey. I haven't been active here at all, but I wanted to share the fact that I made a rough translation of this game and wanted to show it off. I'm not going to beat around the bush. It's in the form of an LP specifically for raocow's talkhaus, since Kilga disappeared from the forum, and therefore hasn't made one yet.

Since I'm not active here, I don't want to make this too long, so I'll just send you in the direction of my talkhaus thread, where everything gets explained.
This takes you to the thread
This takes you straight to the video.

I figured fans of the game would be interested in what's being said. Hopefully you enjoy the videos too.

« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2011, 04:51:25 PM »
English patch is out

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2011, 05:03:45 PM »
English patch is out
O_o Sw333t~
I'm gonna go g3t it |_ik3 right nyow
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2011, 05:44:25 PM »
It's 280 MB.  That seems...excessive.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2011, 05:46:53 PM »
It's 280 MB.  That seems...excessive.
I dunno its technically a language pack. With both English and French files for oversea players. I dunno what other languages are in it. but those 2 at the least
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »
It has ENGLISH VAs!!!
...Yeah sure. :V

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2011, 07:02:02 PM »
Uh, where is it? ^^;;

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2011, 10:51:31 PM »
Haha, the Omake Episodes 1 and 2 were hilarious xD

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »
Well beat the game again just now. I had my own prediction about why the final boss was how she was. I was so right~ Well the game is awesome. seems like the first one was a pseudo remake of game 6 and this one of game 7. sw33t.
yes the first 2 omakes were hilarious, but they all was nice~ Currently trying to beat Phantasm. Got past Ran before I was killed. Dam.

liger

• 酸素、水素、二酸化炭素♪
« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2011, 11:29:21 AM »
Damn, looks like I'm late to the party. D:

Pretty cool that they finally translated it and released the patch. I'm pretty eager to find out what was actually going on in the story, and also to see how my translation matches up to theirs. xD

EDIT:
Finished playing through the main story and phantasm. The plot is pretty silly and inconsequential, though I suppose considering the source material and the first game, that's not entirely unexpected.
Spoiler:
It was just kind of weird that there seemed to be no real motive explained for why Remilia wanted the power of Saigyou Ayakashi, and why Yukari wanted to help her get it, except for perhaps the usual "I was bored" reason. At least in the first game, there was a reason why the Scarlet Devil Castle was constructed. It wasn't a very good reason, but it was at least stated.
I'm pretty satisfied with the overall quality of the translation. As far as I can tell from listening and also comparing to my own translation of the omake episodes, it's well translated. Some of the dialog could flow better, and there are some things that I feel could have been interpreted differently, but those are just nitpicks I have due to having worked with the text for so much. For a normal person, it's pretty adequate. Congrats to Aja Frontier for finishing a great game.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:39:38 PM by liger »

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #224 on: April 05, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
This is probably it, I'll try later
Turns out later = 2 months.
When I try to patch my 1.01 to 1.02 i get weird punctuation/letters, guiding me to the installation folder. And after that just more weird gibberish and it won't update, even with region set to Japan.
What do I do and can I patch to english regardless of version?

Adri

• Lady of the Binding Shadows
  • All worlds shall submit to me
« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »
I haven't been having any problems like that...though for some reason the menu to change the controls refuses to open...I think it may be missing somehow. >.>

« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2011, 05:15:25 AM »
I was completely sure already that there's no english VAs....yet I still feel extremely disappointed  :wat: