Author Topic: Your Touhou Bad Habits  (Read 30833 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: Your Touhou Bad Habits
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2010, 02:47:53 AM »
80% of my deaths are of that with bombs in stock.

So no. You are not the Strongest.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2010, 03:01:25 AM »
It's a bad thing when you get ahead of yourself and try and clear a pattern you don't fully comprehend.

Many, many, many deaths will be caused due to it. Many of those deaths will have bombs in stock.

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2010, 03:12:24 AM »
It's a bad thing when you get ahead of yourself and try and clear a pattern you don't fully comprehend.

Many, many, many deaths will be caused due to it. Many of those deaths will have bombs in stock.

Mm, but how will you learn to dodge it if you bomb it all the time?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2010, 03:16:02 AM »
Tackle it in stage practice until you learn how to deal with it in a real run.

FFMaster

• worst mafia player ever
    • FFH
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2010, 04:29:26 AM »
I don't bomb, ever.

Sigurd

• Frozen Reaper
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2010, 05:20:49 AM »
My major bad habit is that I'll launch a bomb out of stupidity when faced with what looks like an impossible line of bullets to dodge only to dodge them bomb, then get fried by the next set of bullets after the bomb because I got thrown out of rhythm.

We all wear mask, the hard part is figuring out which mask really isn't one.

Drake

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2010, 05:24:07 AM »
oh yeah i dance way too much

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2010, 07:27:49 AM »
I don't know when to bomb :(

I can make it....i can make it....*hit* *death bomb doesn't work* FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU~!

I always die with bombs left :(

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2010, 07:31:29 AM »
I have an extremely annoying tendency to run into bullets IN A HUGE CLEARING right after weaving through a seemingly impossible shower of bullets.

If I don't see a bullet coming towards me in time, I press X 3 FRAMES OR LESS after the deathbomb period. *cries*

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2010, 04:03:53 PM »
When I bomb, my reflex is to move up and shotgun the boss, always, whatever shottype.

Sometimes, I press the bomb button but forget the I don't have bombs any longer, and so I die. But sometimes I go through the wall and think: "OH SHIT I DODGED THAT YEAH", but your excitement makes you ram into a bullet. (Very prominent in my UFO runs, where the transition to SA to UFO was very confusing.)

Oh, and I itch everytime I play Touhou. Usually on the nose.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2010, 04:14:02 AM »
Just remembered this habit I have:

When something is about to start, I start moving all around the screen until something starts shooting. Then I just continue normally during shooting.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2010, 02:41:37 PM »
I forget to let go of the focus button when I have to, and bullets from the side always screw up my (mental) focus.
I also don't like going through bullet sprites at all, this ofcourse causes problems when bubble shots are involved (dangit Eirin)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:04:24 PM by Okuu »
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2010, 07:29:36 AM »
I'll get border in PCB at times when not much is going on, and decide "well, might as well get something out of it, I'll just fling myself around the screen to graze the few stray bullets." Smack straight into them EVERY TIME.

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »
All games. Die. Then Bomb. And tend to move a lot. Which is a bad thing.

Micro

• Danmakufu Scripter, Touhou Player
  • I always make my danmaku, too hard.
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2010, 07:10:43 PM »
Also, I have to collect ALL the items.
ALL OF THEM.
WITH AUTOCOLLECT.

That would be me as well. Also, I can't tell you how many times I've died, than used a bomb just to get back the items.
Oh... I got yin yang-ed.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2010, 07:33:27 PM »
PCB Stage 1. No matter the difficulty if I don't have at least 100+ Power by Letty, or if I get hit, OR if I bomb, I restart the entire stage. I always consider anything less then that from myself sloppy and pathetic.

I almost always do better in my joke attempts then in my serious attempts. In the joke attempts, I rarely bomb, and I end up capping all but 2-3 cards in Stage 2, 3 and 4 of PCB, and in SA I overall seem to do better. But in serious attempts, I Panicbomb and cap so few cards due to it, while SA just feels rougher, not as smooth.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2010, 12:42:38 AM »
I fool around on any stage that has the number 1 or 2 in it as well as EoSD stage 3 and the stage portion for PCB's Stage 4 (Yes, I fool around in a long-ass stage, probably to keep me from getting bored to death)

That costs me many lives, and many bombs.

And I normally see myself without enough resources fr the final boss.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2010, 05:05:47 AM »
PCB Stage 1. No matter the difficulty if I don't have at least 100+ Power by Letty, or if I get hit, OR if I bomb, I restart the entire stage. I always consider anything less then that from myself sloppy and pathetic.

I almost always do better in my joke attempts then in my serious attempts. In the joke attempts, I rarely bomb, and I end up capping all but 2-3 cards in Stage 2, 3 and 4 of PCB, and in SA I overall seem to do better. But in serious attempts, I Panicbomb and cap so few cards due to it, while SA just feels rougher, not as smooth.

Since I can manual all of the items in S1, not having 117 Power when facing Letty is worthy of a restart.
She drops ~eleven points of power, you see.
I have a sort of OCD when it comes to the items you miss in Stage 2 rather in 3, regardless of the fact that the game vomits point items in the third stage and in the fourth it's a
FUCKING EXTENDpoint DIARRHEA

Dig up that quote, I dare you. It's from this forum.

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2010, 05:17:03 AM »
I dont care to much about items since I don't play for score (I have a hard enough time staying alive). I find that if I have a good run I can usually still manage 7-8 lives by stage 6 without going OCD on points.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2010, 05:21:11 AM »
I dont care to much about items since I don't play for score (I have a hard enough time staying alive). I find that if I have a good run I can usually still manage 7-8 lives by stage 6 without going OCD on points.

Ahhh, another of my bad habits!
I will, without fail, impulsively play for score, as it is per my nature. I POC with reckless abandon, will unfocus to further the Human/Youkai gauge or to collect more Cherry Points, collect point items as far up the screen as I can, will graze bullets that aren't aimed for me, I will bomb when points are about to fall, and I will (try) not to panicbomb to avoid unessecary bonus loss.

In exchange, I don't ever beat the final boss :V

CrimsonDX

• Hourai Doll
  • キモちのいいけーね~~
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2010, 05:34:25 AM »
I actually always try to play unfocused in the stage portions of IN. In fact, IN was the game that finally got me to stop staying focused all the time. Made me a much better player since I can now make use of both focused and unfocused to dodge in all fights, stage and boss.

Aterisk

• アタリスク・アイダロ
  • 男は僕の心を素早く盗みます。
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2010, 03:25:03 PM »
My major issues are with certain bullet patterns, mainly ones that come from the sides and others that are lasers.
I also have a habit of NEVER bombing... and when I do manage to bomb I dont need it >,<

And when im in SA using MarissaC I always dodge bombs up until the spell card ends, THEN I die -___-

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2010, 04:28:47 PM »
Ahhh, another of my bad habits!
I will, without fail, impulsively play for score, as it is per my nature. I POC with reckless abandon, will unfocus to further the Human/Youkai gauge or to collect more Cherry Points, collect point items as far up the screen as I can, will graze bullets that aren't aimed for me, I will bomb when points are about to fall, and I will (try) not to panicbomb to avoid unessecary bonus loss.

In exchange, I don't ever beat the final boss :V

This.  So, so much.  Except I end up panic bombing or dying with tons of bombs in stock.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2010, 06:27:45 PM »
Now that I'm tryinig to 1cc PCB Luantic and Phantasm Romance, I noticed that I need to join the PoCaholics not-so-anonymous too.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2010, 10:31:49 PM »
I've picked up using Charging speed in DS to dodge. It doesn't work well.

Also, IN overdose has caused me to think that focusing above the line in pre-IN games will give you your items
Then you watch helplessly as they fall off the screen and cry to yourself about your failure

MayKissingDoveWyks

• I can't stop being a perv!
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2010, 02:29:30 AM »
Bombing is an issue. When I'm about to get hit, I don't bomb.

I also look only at the bottom 1/4 of the screen, and then I get trapped on one side with showers of bullets.

Monarch Firefly

• The true queen of Gensokyo~
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2010, 06:31:08 AM »
I either never bomb until the last life ( when there are only 3) or I get an itchy bomb finger and end up suiciding just to get more bombs.

Another is to go weeks between playing and wonder why I never get any better.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2010, 07:11:09 AM »
Oh yeah, I like to rage bomb spellcards that I almost capture or stupidly die on  just so I can get it out of my sight when I die and move on to the next one.  Almost like I refuse to dodge that spellcard anymore because it made me mad.

« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »
Shall we research on the cause of itchy noses? This problem occurs waaaaay too often. It seems that applying soap on the nose alleviates the effect. Maybe.

I also take my left (focus and shooting) hand off the keyboard when overconfident. Causes death 25% of the time.

And also RQ-restarting when losing a life in early stages during a run.

Tigers, FTW!

• Raawr~
  • My tiger! My tiger!
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2010, 02:02:10 PM »
In PC-98 era games:
*After a mini-boss*
"Oh! Last power-up for full power!"
*Picchun~!*
"What the- THAT WAS A BULLET!?"

In Windows era games:
*Power-up on top side of the screen*