Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 151810 times)

Neonie

• EYE AM A TYE TILL
  • ⑨ Baka Nine
    • Gem Wings
Re: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« Reply #420 on: August 09, 2010, 11:58:19 AM »
FPS with a controller? You're crazy if you don't use a mouse. :V

Your avatar stares into my soul.

« Reply #421 on: August 09, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »
FPS with a controller? You're crazy if you don't use a mouse. :V

I can play perfectly fine with a controller. But that doesn't make me less crazy. :P

« Reply #422 on: August 09, 2010, 10:31:02 PM »
I don't usually play for silly arbitrary achievements, but I decided I wanted to try no focus clearing UFO Lunatic.

FUCK

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #423 on: August 10, 2010, 05:38:19 AM »
*pokes Phantasm Romance*

So from stage 6 on, not even removing the conventional continue limit is enough...?

WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS GAME WANT FROM ME?!

I notice when searching the script data there's a line called "set continue limit" in stage 6 and EX3, but not in EX4, where I tested via a cheat shot type and found I can't continue there either! Will this game stop at nothing to prevent me from casually playing EX4? T_T
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2010, 05:41:51 AM »
WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS GAME WANT FROM ME?!
your free time and unborn children ^_^
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

« Reply #425 on: August 10, 2010, 06:20:05 AM »
your free time and unborn children ^_^

Done and done.

Man, if only I knew how any of this stuff worked. :< I know there's a way to give me unlimited continues even in extra. I am going to find out what it is and put more effort into finding out than it'd take to get the necessary skill to beat it legit! (though 1ccing is not why I want to play it at all, so... >.>)
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #426 on: August 10, 2010, 11:32:45 AM »
I am never, ever playing any Touhou related game with a controller again if I can help it. My Logitech 2 can't figure out that RIGHT means RIGHT and not DOWN. Seriously, I've tried to be nice with it, but this is just bonkers.
Nereid's avatar stares into my soul.
Sorta yeah.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #427 on: August 10, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »
Will this game stop at nothing to prevent me from casually playing EX4? T_T

You know you can just select to practice any stage by modifying the config file? Check the beginning of the file config.txt from the script directory and find the line that says "playstage = 0 ;". Above it is explanation for all numbers you can put in there, 14 is EX4.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

« Reply #428 on: August 10, 2010, 04:18:27 PM »
Made it out of an SA Stage 5 run with a fail 3 lives left. That's what happens when you combine drowsiness and derping. I should comfort myself with the fact that i did fail quite ridiculously at Stage 3 as well. That's a clear sign of needing to go to fucking sleep!   :)

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #429 on: August 10, 2010, 05:48:57 PM »
Lotus Land Story likes denying my attempts to 1cc it with the PC-98 visual glitch.  But at least it's cool to watch.

IT'S LIKE STARING INTO THE SUN

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #430 on: August 10, 2010, 05:56:14 PM »
Lotus Land Story likes denying my attempts to 1cc it with the PC-98 visual glitch.  But at least it's cool to watch.

IT'S LIKE STARING INTO THE SUN
Someone still needs to get this on video

Donut did, but it wasn't over the top half of the screen, so it was far less devastating ):

Oh yeah, I suppose I could mention in here how a few days ago, I saw Mugetu's time out phase. Except I had been trying to actually kill her. Cue death and two bombs. Goddamn ReimuB must be weaker then I thought ;_;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

« Reply #431 on: August 10, 2010, 06:30:29 PM »
You know you can just select to practice any stage by modifying the config file? Check the beginning of the file config.txt from the script directory and find the line that says "playstage = 0 ;". Above it is explanation for all numbers you can put in there, 14 is EX4.

...Huh.

Wow, thanks. :V Doesn't remove the continue limit like I want, but this solves my other biggest problem.

EDIT: Using this knowledge, I accessed extra 3, and confirmed that removing that line of code enabled continues. I got to Shinki's last spell card too before needing to find out. It really bugs me that that line isn't in extra 4 though...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:44:52 PM by nintendonut888 »

Jelly Belly

• Magical dessert
  • am i a danmaku now
« Reply #432 on: August 10, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
MoF Stage 5, no focus, no bombs.

brb, seppuku.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:31:13 PM by Jelly Belly »

nintendonut888

« Reply #433 on: August 10, 2010, 10:55:57 PM »
MoF Stage 5, no focus, no bombs.

brb, seppuku.

If you don't know, you can slow down your movements while hugging the bottom of the screen by pressing down in conjunction with left/right. Makes cards like that much more manageable.

Jelly Belly

• Magical dessert
  • am i a danmaku now
« Reply #434 on: August 10, 2010, 11:52:06 PM »
If you don't know, you can slow down your movements while hugging the bottom of the screen by pressing down in conjunction with left/right. Makes cards like that much more manageable.
I know, it's just that I was so close to capturing it again!

« Reply #435 on: August 11, 2010, 12:09:52 AM »
Ugh at the thought of having to circle around with a nonhoming shottype, and not that SanaeA homing garbage either.

Edit: Oops, wrong thread. But I still haven't gotten past 2DNB timeout on VoWG after all my tries today. Still derping.

« Reply #436 on: August 11, 2010, 12:44:28 AM »
So I 1cc'd IN lunatic. Great right? Except...
  • Dying to Eirin's noncard opener, then deathbombing on her spellcard
  • Getting hit by the opening laser wave on Brilliant Dragon Bullet
  • Dying to Buddhist Diamond 1 second away from a capture
  • Deathbombing on Salamander Shield
  • Dying and then deathbombing on Life Spring Infinity

Of course, I die to Hourai Jewel. And to cap it all off, I get hit on Rising World with 1 second remaining on the timer.

ebarrett

« Reply #437 on: August 11, 2010, 01:13:26 AM »
So I 1cc'd IN lunatic. Great right? Except...
  • Dying to Eirin's noncard opener, then deathbombing on her spellcard
  • Getting hit by the opening laser wave on Brilliant Dragon Bullet
  • Dying to Buddhist Diamond 1 second away from a capture
  • Deathbombing on Salamander Shield
  • Dying and then deathbombing on Life Spring Infinity

Of course, I die to Hourai Jewel. And to cap it all off, I get hit on Rising World with 1 second remaining on the timer.

What the hell, that's almost an exact remake of my first lunatic 1cc!

Udongein

« Reply #438 on: August 11, 2010, 03:55:55 AM »
First :serious: try at MoF Hard.
Game over at Illusionary Dominance.
* LTP shrugs

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #439 on: August 11, 2010, 05:59:42 AM »
Died to Suwako on the last second with 3 power. Why can't I bomb for shit.

« Reply #440 on: August 11, 2010, 01:38:11 PM »
Why is it that I can nearly 1cc most Lunatics, I can beat every Extra without breaking a sweat, I've done several challenge runs and timeouts, and yet I can't get past EX Alice's fourth phase?

;_;

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #441 on: August 12, 2010, 03:40:17 AM »

Ignore the extra bullets; it's the camera going for 30 FPS.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #442 on: August 12, 2010, 07:01:23 AM »
Ugh, Yumemi, when will you let me have that 1CC?  Died 4 times to Yumemi alone, and in 3 of them, she only had half of a life left..

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #443 on: August 12, 2010, 09:09:06 AM »
I finally reached max lives in ufo normal  :ohdear:
Then threw away 3 at murasa
5 at shou due to NOt bombing.
2 at stage 6 before hirzi.
ffffff
1 life left.. game over'd at 3rd nonspell.
FUCK

How is failing at this magnitude possible?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #444 on: August 12, 2010, 05:33:19 PM »
I totally had three lives and three bombs going into Yumeko.  I promptly lost all the lives on her first mass streaming phase.

I haven't mentioned that I loathe Mystic Square in the last few months, have I?

EDIT:  Yumeko.  Okay, maybe being half-asleep had something to do with it.  But I got that far, so probably not.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:43:12 PM by u? »

nintendonut888

« Reply #445 on: August 13, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »
Fought Kogasa for my first danmaku fight as an 18 year old. 1DNB, Parasol Star Memories. Could have been worse, but the death was rather X(. Kogasa went right instead of left, I survived multiple blue bullet walls and parasol swipes that would normally kill me, and managed to die with just a tiny bit of health left on her.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #446 on: August 14, 2010, 12:46:14 PM »
After sampling it myself, I forsee a huge amount of incoming rage from Fairy Wars.  I feel sorry for anyone who attempts to get Gold Medals on everything, even on Easy. 
Spoiler:
I mean comeon, can you no death no bomb no freeze Gengetu Rape Time?  Seriously, ZUN, do you honestly think this is possible!?

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #447 on: August 14, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
get Gold Medals on everything
Yeah, one of the first things I tried to do, on normal.
It obviously didn't end well. Micrododge shinanigans in freaking stage 1 boss.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #448 on: August 14, 2010, 03:23:33 PM »
Mrf.

Have my shmup skills atrophied this badly?

Though I guess the last time I seriously played a shmup and/or Touhou was like... last year...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #449 on: August 15, 2010, 08:56:06 AM »
Oh my god 12.8's extra boss theme is incredible.

Oh my god 12.8's extra boss is bullshit.