Author Topic: 東方技歩報 ~ (Naut's) Danmaku Viewing Trip  (Read 94156 times)

Re: 東方文花風 ~ Script the Bullet (Name undecided yet.)
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2010, 03:51:35 AM »
Ugh you guys

Come on

You're gonna have to get permission to use people's shit (or even themselves) in your game. You've been told to ask about getting permission from people at least five times in this thread, when you shouldn't've had to been told once. If you're gonna inject people or blatantly steal their shit, you should probably make some effort to ask them about it. As of right now, I still haven't been asked if I want to be a player character in the game, though Saui did point to this thread earlier (but didn't say anything else). Truth be told, I don't care, do what you want -- it's not a big deal. The issue is that some people don't like being randomly chosen for shit they know nothing about. Just ask before you do, if you can.

Alright, second issue I have is this stage hierarchy. Aside from the blatant humiliation of being put on a stage "based on some guy's perception of my coding skill" (fuck man come on), you should at least honour somebody's request when they want to be on a certain stage. Forcing somebody to code for a stage they don't want to is not cool at all, especially when they volunteered to be in your project. At least make it look like you're not trying to blatantly blow them off.

"can i be stage one please?" "no wai man you're stage 10".

"I'd like to be stage 7 or 8 if possible" "you suck stage 2 for you"

Fucks sake.

An additional problem to throwing all of the inexperienced coders at the beginning is the fact that you'll have a bunch of supposedly "low quality" scripts starting off the game, with questionable balance and even more questionable entertainment value, whereas all the "good stuff" will be at the very end, and look significantly different from the start of the game. The balance, style, quality and entertainment value is going to vary so much in this project, and that's something to be concerned about, especially if you're forced to play them.

So, an easy solution to that, if you haven't considered it yet, is to not have unlockables. This makes it so you can play whatever, whenever, right from the start. At least then people can choose what they want to play, and wont feel like the game is progressively getting better or worse in quality/etc.. In addition to that, this also eliminates the need to have stages in number form, as well as the stupid hierarchy of "coding prowess". If possible, I'd recommend this. Otherwise, you might want to consider having people code whatever they want, and just systemmatically stick the cards in random places around the stages (based on their difficulty, I suppose, so at least all the easy-to-pass cards will be at the beginning), that way you'd have a good mix of coding styles and it wouldn't be so insulting to some of the more inexperienced coders who wish to join your project. As well, the less experienced coders wouldn't be forced to make shit-easy boring danmaku if they don't want to, since I'm sure they have great ideas for mid to upper difficulty danmaku.

Also, Johnny Walker, I love you so fucking hard, have my children.

« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2010, 03:52:50 AM »
Fuck you he's mine!

* Suikama hisses

ilu both <3

AweStriker Nova

• Star Sign "Thunder Constellation"
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2010, 04:02:01 AM »
Ugh you guys

Come on

You're gonna have to get permission to use people's shit (or even themselves) in your game. You've been told to ask about getting permission from people at least five times in this thread, when you shouldn't've had to been told once. If you're gonna inject people or blatantly steal their shit, you should probably make some effort to ask them about it. As of right now, I still haven't been asked if I want to be a player character in the game, though Saui did point to this thread earlier (but didn't say anything else). Truth be told, I don't care, do what you want -- it's not a big deal. The issue is that some people don't like being randomly chosen for shit they know nothing about. Just ask before you do, if you can.

Alright, second issue I have is this stage hierarchy. Aside from the blatant humiliation of being put on a stage "based on some guy's perception of my coding skill" (fuck man come on), you should at least honour somebody's request when they want to be on a certain stage. Forcing somebody to code for a stage they don't want to is not cool at all, especially when they volunteered to be in your project. At least make it look like you're not trying to blatantly blow them off.

"can i be stage one please?" "no wai man you're stage 10".

"I'd like to be stage 7 or 8 if possible" "you suck stage 2 for you"

Fucks sake.

An additional problem to throwing all of the inexperienced coders at the beginning is the fact that you'll have a bunch of supposedly "low quality" scripts starting off the game, with questionable balance and even more questionable entertainment value, whereas all the "good stuff" will be at the very end, and look significantly different from the start of the game. The balance, style, quality and entertainment value is going to vary so much in this project, and that's something to be concerned about, especially if you're forced to play them.

So, an easy solution to that, if you haven't considered it yet, is to not have unlockables. This makes it so you can play whatever, whenever, right from the start. At least then people can choose what they want to play, and wont feel like the game is progressively getting better or worse in quality/etc.. In addition to that, this also eliminates the need to have stages in number form, as well as the stupid hierarchy of "coding prowess". If possible, I'd recommend this. Otherwise, you might want to consider having people code whatever they want, and just systemmatically stick the cards in random places around the stages (based on their difficulty, I suppose, so at least all the easy-to-pass cards will be at the beginning), that way you'd have a good mix of coding styles and it wouldn't be so insulting to some of the more inexperienced coders who wish to join your project. As well, the less experienced coders wouldn't be forced to make shit-easy boring danmaku if they don't want to, since I'm sure they have great ideas for mid to upper difficulty danmaku.

Yikes, that rant almost looks Zero Punctuation-worthy, but it raises good points. If everything is scattered around, I think "Bunkafu" will in fact be an overall better game. It will look very incoherent, but does that really matter?

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2010, 04:26:52 AM »
[insert Naut's post here]
Yikes, that rant almost looks Zero Punctuation-worthy, but it raises good points. If everything is scattered around, I think "Bunkafu" will in fact be an overall better game. It will look very incoherent, but does that really matter?
Y'know, I'm not even thinking any more. :ohdear:
I should take these points to mind and rethink a few things.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2010, 07:54:09 AM »
Rethinking is good.

While there's still slots open, I'd like to reserve one of the slots.  I don't know quite which yet.  Can I take the Level 7 one?  I'll probably do something with one of the OCs being prepared for Wish Under Celestial Star or something.  (If not I can also take Level 1, or swap with someone in a lower level who wants a higher slot... if they want @_@ etc etc)... Assuming, of course that we're going to determine it based on a level progression or something; I like Naut's idea of just having everything all together and then divided up based on the difficulty of what we create.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 07:58:02 AM by Garlyle »

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
how about just letting people make loads of crap and arrange them according to difficulty.
also, it sucks that we have to make our own character to be honest. almost nobody in RG can draw...

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2010, 11:59:14 AM »
I lost myself after Naut,s rant.

If we do it in the way he told us, the characters would be all over the place (same boss in Level 1, 6 and 10), unless we create bosses that were specially made for the game (no personas/character that you already made for a game).

Through overall the scripting would be wierd, as the bosses would have differently themed spellcards (Time Sign+Cheat Sign+Tsundere Sign), unless everything puts in thier entries without Spellcard name.

oh well, then we should change Level to Page (so that it?s like a book, you can always access all pages, even if you bought it).

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
I lost myself after Naut,s rant.

If we do it in the way he told us, the characters would be all over the place (same boss in Level 1, 6 and 10), unless we create bosses that were specially made for the game (no personas/character that you already made for a game).

Through overall the scripting would be wierd, as the bosses would have differently themed spellcards (Time Sign+Cheat Sign+Tsundere Sign), unless everything puts in thier entries without Spellcard name.

oh well, then we should change Level to Page (so that it?s like a book, you can always access all pages, even if you bought it).

If we want to have an unlockable shit, like normal, we want to spread out our people- Skilled people everywhere. Like maybe, for stage one, Walker and someone not as experienced, and so on. I like my place though, please don't remove me T__T

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2010, 01:53:49 PM »
Alternatively, keep them organized by pages, but have some sort of 'difficulty rating' given on the side (Easy/Normal/Hard/Lunatic/Extra/Phantasm/CAVE), with the later-numbered scenes in a set being the harder ones.  That way characters still stay within their same sets, and we can even do unlock conditions; but players can still focus on the patterns that were made to be easier compared to the rage ones - this works especially well if unlock conditions are set as low as Double Spoiler's were.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »
what if the good players fix the danmaku of the bad players? just a suggestion

Ecthel

• Jack of all trades, lazy at most.
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »
what if the good players fix the danmaku of the bad players? just a suggestion
The thought is kind of insulting in a way.

Instead of that, for the skill problem we should just have feedback like anything else. Give suggestions for improvements and such. That way, people can script for whatever level they like. People will need to get better at scripting anyways, since we can only use tasks and not @mainloop.

PS: I'd recommended that everyone who will participate has at least read the intermediate tutorial by Naut and Iryan.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
also naut, if you know this is gonna fail (and you do know that) just say it. it's not like anything will change, though.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »
The thought is kind of insulting in a way.

Instead of that, for the skill problem we should just have feedback like anything else. Give suggestions for improvements and such. That way, people can script for whatever level they like. People will need to get better at scripting anyways, since we can only use tasks and not @mainloop.

PS: I'd recommended that everyone who will participate has at least read the intermediate tutorial by Naut and Iryan.

@mainloop only scripting sux T__T

It's all about balance. You shouldn't base awesomeness on what they've learned, but what their ideas, and ability to complete their ideas. You shouldn't put people down, but we have a quality standard: Terrible scripts will be rejected- therefore not-as-good scripters will have to work a bit harder to meat our standards. We can even have a nice panel of judges to set our quality standards. (siigh, this reminds me so much of MoA...)

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2010, 06:39:39 PM »
WE HAVE A NAME
東方無名撮 ~ (Naut's)Danmaku Viewing Trip

I MADE AN IRC CHANNEL FOR US
#FuckTheBullet @ irc.ppirc.net

Ok. Mewkyuu handed over the reins. I'll set up stuff here and such. Meanwhile, I really think that Garlyle has a pretty good idea. But, let me put a spin on it- Instead of assigning people to sections by their skill, let's let people go where they want- obviously higher places will be more difficult.

So, for everyone to be able to participate, we should set up a judge system. When we get judges, I'll explain how it'll work. Judges should be able to go on the IRC, to make our lives easier. Judges should have enough time to play the scripts, too. I think 4 judges should be fine, eh?

Judges:
-ChaoStar(Wonderful☆Life)
- Danielu Yoshikoto
-CAsercan3
-RavenDevilin

Ok, script-wise, people can make them now, but remember- be ready to change bullets, unless if all of them are custom. (Like me.)
You can get started now, just make the scripts for White Aya, or something, so we can play them. I'm looking forward to seeing your work!
Wait a week to begin scripting.  Please, sign up to where you want to be, again.

Level 1
-SUEKOMA(I rounded up.)
-
Level 2
-Nimble
-
Level 3
-DgBarca
-AweStriker Nova
-
Level 4
-Danielu Yoshikoto
-
Level 5
-pikaguy900
-
Level 6
-Kylesky
-Karanum
-DennisLol
-
Level 7
-Garlyle
-
Level 8
-RavenDevilin
-
Level 9
-
Level 10
-Takata Jin(CAsercan3)
-
Extra
-Azure Maiden of Willpower - Takata Chie(Wonderful☆Life)
-Mewkyuu
-

(Given the choice of 9,10, or ex, Keine chose EX, so I'm going to be there.)
Just as a note, up to 9 people can be in a level. It's not recommended, though.

Permissions(and spot in credits)-
Ijiyatsu bullets- CHECK
Tengu-天照-kami player- CHECK
Blargel's engine- CHECK
Naut player- CHECK

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01:51:39 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2010, 06:42:26 PM »
I'll take a level 4 spot

« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2010, 06:44:08 PM »
level √-1 plz

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2010, 06:48:12 PM »
lolol gimme lv ex

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2010, 06:50:03 PM »
I can take level 5 or 6 or even 3
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
I'd like to sign up for Level 5, if you don't mind. Keine said so, and so it shall be. o:

« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »
Still sticking to Level 4.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2010, 06:56:51 PM »
Whoa. Lots of posts. Also, we need Judges T__T

« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »
Whoa. Lots of posts. Also, we need Judges T__T

I think I will, too.
Even through my playing level sucks (Easy modo, only IN 1 CC).

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »
Umm, for the time being, can I reserve a Level 7 slot?

My other suggestion is that we could allow people who've completed the development of one level worth of scripts to develop another set of scripts with another character for a different level, but -only- once they've completely finished one set; and no pre-reserving another set, etc. etc. - but I suggest that suggestion gets put on hold until such time as we're a good way into development and things are starting to show lag/people aren't showing up to do their part afterall/etcetc

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2010, 08:21:02 PM »
I'm actually gonna be gone for around a week, so waiting's not an issue for me :V

I'd be fine being sticked to somewhere around the mid to early latter stages... around 6-8? but really... anywhere's fine with me...
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Ecthel

• Jack of all trades, lazy at most.
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »
Level 3, again.

Also, don't be so cyncical!

« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2010, 10:52:06 PM »
me n Johnny will be stage 1 bros oh yeeeah >:D >:D >:D

« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2010, 10:53:40 PM »
me n Johnny will be stage 1 bros oh yeeeah >:D >:D >:D

no bros allowed... not even fists or anchors.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2010, 10:58:53 PM »
no bros allowed... not even fists or anchors.

You misunderstood. He meant Brothers. Silly man. Also, Fists and Anchors are A-OK, as long as you draw them yourself.

Also.

ONLY GURLS ALOUD
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:00:57 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2010, 11:15:14 PM »
chicks can be bros too

Just look at Ruro 8)

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »
Stolen Picture of Fantasy and Perfect Collection of Photographs.

Those are some naming choices. Vote on them, please... or make your own. (these names were brainstormed by people on the IRC.)
thanks.