Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 101293 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #900 on: May 10, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »

dustyjo

« Reply #901 on: May 10, 2010, 11:44:49 PM »

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #902 on: May 10, 2010, 11:57:12 PM »

« Reply #903 on: May 11, 2010, 12:00:07 AM »
Still the best TF2 video ever.
I dunno, I'd say it's tied with everything on Worms's channel.

I'm still rather fond of scot and piro.

Then again...

dustyjo

« Reply #904 on: May 11, 2010, 12:01:59 AM »
but source filmmaker is cool

« Reply #905 on: May 11, 2010, 12:02:52 AM »
but source filmmaker is cool
but jim's videos are overrated as hell

dustyjo

« Reply #906 on: May 11, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »
but jim's videos are overrated as hell

Fine, have some OH WHAT THE

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #907 on: May 11, 2010, 05:02:22 PM »
I just walked into a game where the playing level was leagues above what I have seen on other public servers so far. Seeing that that the people knew each other and that I got my ass kicked horribly, I left the game. However, I also noticed that there was one other player named Skye and another with a Cirno avatar.

...I just ran into one of you guys, didn't I?   :colonveeplusalpha:

On another note: Scout Milestone 3, which means Bonk! Yes!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:17:02 PM by Iry?n »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #908 on: May 11, 2010, 05:30:26 PM »
I play on sourceOP a bit so I figure I've have to have run into one of you guys in the past.
it helps things that my name's the contra code which stands out because i'm cool like that
BV

Bananamatic

« Reply #909 on: May 11, 2010, 05:35:11 PM »
so everyone is playing on sourceop?
I better figure out how to airblast with 160 ping then

« Reply #910 on: May 11, 2010, 05:47:30 PM »
Oh hey. I've finally got another hat that isn't the Gibus/Camera Beard/Doctor's Mask, Fancy Fedora. Shame it has to be a Spy hat, my least played class :/

dustyjo

« Reply #911 on: May 11, 2010, 06:10:14 PM »
I used to play on 2F2F, but now the server autokicks me for "Having a cafe account", what the hell?

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #912 on: May 11, 2010, 06:16:56 PM »
However, I also noticed that there was one other player named Skye and another with a Cirno avatar.

...I just ran into one of you guys, didn't I?   :colonveeplusalpha:

Not quite

Yamachanadu

• Apparently pre-Yamatrend
« Reply #913 on: May 11, 2010, 06:19:39 PM »
Don't think it's me, my PC tends to crash around the 25 player mark.
<%convider> with the nose on top it looks like a lovecraftian sam fisher

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #914 on: May 11, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »
People have been crashing a lot lately, I don't think the amount of players affect it. Hell, my game crashes when I exit it.

Bananamatic

« Reply #915 on: May 11, 2010, 06:56:44 PM »
have you done the fix posted on the forums?

I couldn't connect, so I renamed ClientRegistry.blob and let steam create a new one

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #916 on: May 11, 2010, 08:57:25 PM »
noscope sniper just kicked pyros ass

thats really all there is to say on the matter

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #917 on: May 12, 2010, 02:12:51 AM »
Sometimes I really hate auto-balance. I'm trying to get the be an MVP 10 times as a soldier achievement. I was on RED in a cp game. My team was dominating the others with me on top of the scoreboard. 10 seconds till the game is over and I see the message "Teams are imbalanced, auto-balance commencing in 5 seconds" So I think, if I stay back here with the sentry I won't die, auto-balance always happens on people who died and plenty of guys of my team are dying. Then, WHAM, the auto-balance slays me and the moment I respawn "YOU FAIL!"

« Reply #918 on: May 12, 2010, 02:13:57 AM »
Sometimes I really hate auto-balance. I'm trying to get the be an MVP 10 times as a soldier achievement. I was on RED in a cp game. My team was dominating the others with me on top of the scoreboard. 10 seconds till the game is over and I see the message "Teams are imbalanced, auto-balance commencing in 5 seconds" So I think, if I stay back here with the sentry I won't die, auto-balance always happens on people who died and plenty of guys of my team are dying. Then, WHAM, the auto-balance slays me and the moment I respawn "YOU FAIL!"
Do arena MVPs count for that?  Because it's easy to get MVP in arena, and the rounds come fast.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #919 on: May 12, 2010, 02:17:08 AM »
Nope, I've gotten dozens of MVPs as Soldier in arenas

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #920 on: May 12, 2010, 02:54:09 AM »
They really need to code autobalance so it doesn't happen in the last thirty seconds of a match.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #921 on: May 12, 2010, 02:58:10 AM »
This is weird, I just ended 2 rounds of cp with me as MVP and they didn't count. And yes there were over 6 players on both teams, so it should have counted.

They really need to code autobalance so it doesn't happen in the last thirty seconds of a match.
They also need to code it so it doesn't happen right when I'm gonna deploy an Ubercharge
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:01:14 AM by Skye »

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #922 on: May 12, 2010, 03:27:58 AM »
How about medics and engineers completely. Especially if you're the only medic or engineer on the team. Losing your sole engineer or medic can be gamebreaking to the entire team.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #923 on: May 12, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »
This is weird, I just ended 2 rounds of cp with me as MVP and they didn't count. And yes there were over 6 players on both teams, so it should have counted.
I threw several players into bottomless pits and into the sawmill sawblades using the FaN, yet I still don't have the respective achievement. Sometimes the game just hates you. *shrug*
How about medics and engineers completely. Especially if you're the only medic or engineer on the team. Losing your sole engineer or medic can be gamebreaking to the entire team.
Especially since engineers have to rebuild everything. Lvl 3 sentry, dispenser and teleporters, all in strategically great positions? Well, get it up from scratch, punk!  :o
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #924 on: May 12, 2010, 08:09:28 PM »
>Engineer
>strategical positioning
What. It's just there to annoy.

« Reply #925 on: May 12, 2010, 08:13:03 PM »
Generally speaking, if I'm playing engie and my shit gets destroyed, I'll switch to a class like Demo and try to stop the enemy team from advancing further before rebuilding.

>Engineer
>strategical positioning
What. It's just there to annoy.
Even if you're just being a dick by building random level 1 sentries in the enemy base, position is everything.  If you place it in the middle of the room outside their spawn, it's just going to slow them down for a few seconds and not kill anyone.  If you build it on a ledge outside their spawn door in the direction opposite of where they're going, or around a random blind corner, then it'll both slow them down and get kills, as well as force their team to either concentrate in the sentry's area to remove it or in a separate hallway to not get shot at, allowing your team to sneak by elsewhere.

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #926 on: May 12, 2010, 08:22:54 PM »
Generally, though, unless you're playing on dustbowl/2fort on a 32 server, engie buildings are ludicrously easy to destroy; it takes a bit of coordination but I've seen it happen. I think that demoman is still better at area denial, if a bit less efficient at dealing with someone who bypassed the sticky carpets.

« Reply #927 on: May 12, 2010, 08:38:39 PM »
engie buildings are ludicrously easy to destroy
Which is why you don't see Engies in comp play unless they can build somewhere where it's either hard to destroy or a considerable asset to the team, such as when defending the last point or gravelpit B.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #928 on: May 13, 2010, 12:09:37 AM »
It hungers!

EDIT: 2 items can be used for scrap metal now instead of 3

EDIT 2: New recipes like Kritzkrieg and Bonk! make Crit-a-Cola and Targe and Razorback make Gunboats
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:25:24 AM by Skye »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #929 on: May 13, 2010, 02:40:28 AM »
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?