Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: Like Fire Emblem But It's Chibi And It Lives In Your Phone  (Read 136948 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Priscilla, actually. She's got Rehabilitate, except she moves far

This makes her the best healer by default!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Was attempting to get Ninian yesterday and ended up with a 5* Lucina instead. She's already better than my Eirika, so into the team she goes.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
Well hello there!

I wanted Jaffar tho
Mwahahahahha!

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
This makes her the best healer by default!

the best healer is felicia, though.

Depending on how skill inherit works I'd say she'd lose to lucius 'I would die to you' raven's last name though.

the best healer is felicia, though.

She basically doesn't heal in this game tho :(

lucius 'I would die to you' raven's last name

relevant

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
I was working on azama when I learned that rods only do half damage. That doesn't make any sense at all, why the heck would they do that!? If they wanted to let rod users have high base stats and not do a lot of damage without over-inflating their other stats, why couldn't they just cut every rod's mt by half? It adds unnecessary complication to damage calculating. I should just be able to look at my attack value and the enemy's res value and do simple subtraction.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

I was working on azama when I learned that rods only do half damage.

wow lol

The only game you've been able to attack with rods is RD, and they made the rods have no mt, 100% critical, based on str, and only as a counterattack. You basically aren't going to ever see damage with them.

commandercool

• alter cool
I was working on azama when I learned that rods only do half damage. That doesn't make any sense at all, why the heck would they do that!? If they wanted to let rod users have high base stats and not do a lot of damage without over-inflating their other stats, why couldn't they just cut every rod's mt by half? It adds unnecessary complication to damage calculating. I should just be able to look at my attack value and the enemy's res value and do simple subtraction.

Cutting might by half wouldn't result in half damage though, it would just be a few points lower. I guess halving damage makes sense just because PVP uses base stat total for matchmaking and scoring, so healers would be much sketchier in PVP if they dragged your total stats way down.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
Cutting might by half wouldn't result in half damage though, it would just be a few points lower. I guess halving damage makes sense just because PVP uses base stat total for matchmaking and scoring, so healers would be much sketchier in PVP if they dragged your total stats way down.
I realized the halving mt not being equivalent a little after I wrote it. And reducing mt for all rods would also scale down the mt difference between rods with and without effects (but why would you ever use the one without effects).

I think the base stat total excludes all weapon bonuses, looking at that recent developer's note about how they plan to match players, among other things, by total team stats not including weapon stats. Otherwise you'd discourage using rods in arena even more because a lot of them have better weapons that have less mt but with useful effects (pain, gravity, panic, etc). Or even using brave weapons would be slightly detrimental to the score since they lower your spd stat.

Would it really break the game to let rod users do damage? Is that what they were anticipating? I suppose being capable of killing and healing would be pretty strong.

I suppose being capable of killing and healing would be pretty strong.

very good reason op maid got the nerf stick in this game

*That's magic damage, as well. Takumi and Effie would get roasted with no chance.

commandercool

• alter cool
I use rods without effects pretty often, and I see other people do it sometimes too. The ability to secure kills for allies that get close but don't quite make it is more valuable than many staff debuffs. It's usually the difference between ~0 damage and ~5, which can definitely matter.

I'm pretty sure weapon effects aren't taken into consideration for arena score. Or if they are then they won't be soon.

I feel like the concerns about having staves do good damage is that healers could then fill the magic damage slot on a team while also having much higher utility than a mage or dragon. Teams generally need at least a magic character to deal with very physically bulky enemies, and even healers can sometimes take decent chunks out of enemies with big defense but low resist. If they did more damage then they could probably mitigate those enemies alone, assuming the whole opposing team isn't loaded with them. DPS clerics with Martyr as a way of sustaining themselves might be pretty scary, although that would get Martyr a bit more of a niche than it has right now which might be nice.

MatsuriSakuragi

oh my fucking god nerf takumi already

i swear to god he makes this game not even remotely fun

there's barely any fun to begin with but come on

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Well, with the new skill inheritance update that just came out, people have already started putting vantage on their Takumis, so yeah.

A lot of new quests too. Training tower quests have 36 orbs total but some of them look pretty hard.

Edit: even better, Takumi can be sacc'd to give close counter to any ranged unit.
Edit 2: Get ready for close and distant counter on everyone, vantage on everyone, brash assault for 4x brave weapon attacks in a row, desperation on linde and other fast squishies, wary fighter on every armor, and blarblade equivalents on every mage.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:01:25 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

I just gave jaffar poison strike so +17 damage unless they're below 17 or something

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Sheesh. I already put Brash Assault on Lyn because ~glass cannon~ but should I have saved that for a Brave user?

If Lyn wasn't already starved for SP I could just give her a Brave Weapon, too :V

Mеа

• catnapping
New inherit system seems pretty silly already looks like. Thankfully, there aren't any skills that prevent takumi from being orko'd so that side of dealing with him doesn't change for me.

I'm imagining some sick Nino build with ardent sacrifice, close counter, and vantage. First get an ally damaged then have Nino use ardent sacrifice to drop below 75% health. Then stack bonuses on her and stick her in enemy range as she mows down. Or maybe -hp ryoma so the a-passive slot is free. Wouldn't be too useful as your defense team though.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Sheesh. I already put Brash Assault on Lyn because ~glass cannon~ but should I have saved that for a Brave user?
Well, with that combo Lyn basically has a built in brave at under half (?) health.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Oh, I see, Sol Katti only gives an automatic attack if you would already follow up. Brash Assault just guarantees that a follow up will happen, then.

Cool. I just need to get the SP, one kill at a time...

Mеа

• catnapping
Neutral atk death blow camilla can kill ANY nature takumi with hone fliers buff. Not sure if being able to orko takumi would be worth losing losing out on darting blow and being able to double pretty much everyone though, so it would be a waste of my +spd camilla. Might have to hold on to the thought until I get another one that isn't -atk. I'm glad that the merging page lets you preview which stats would be buffed. In my case, +hp+spd so not really worth it. I could maybe build my +spd camilla to being a healer glass cannon by giving her something like desperation and ardent sacrifice. Ardent sacrifice can keep my hinoka alive long enough for her to see some use in that special of hers, and using it even once will drop camilla below 75% hp to activate desperation. Have no idea what to do with the +hp-atk one yet.

e: Wow I actually had all the units I needed to do this. Florina is expendable and I had an extra shanna so pop you go, down camilla's stomach. Now I need to grind for 750 sp.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:45:14 AM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
Does anyone know how Bowbreaker interacts with brave weapons? Would Bowbreaker Camilla be able to make 4x attacks against Takumi up front? Unfortunately I don't believe I own a single unit with Death Blow.

Also really want to put Svallin Shield on FCorrin but the only character I own who has it is a 5* Sheena... Don't really want to lose her since I own very few armor units overall and I might need her for something (like the last hero challenge) but it would be VERY useful. Actually probably would have let FCorrin do everything she did in that challenge and more.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Bowbreaker doesn't do much does it? It just gives a followup if you don't have one already, which Camilla does,  and prevents doubling, which doesn't matter when she gets one-shot anyway. Might be useful on someone else though.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:31:32 PM by commandercool »

Svalin shield can only go on armored units

Mеа

• catnapping
Unfortunately I don't believe I own a single unit with Death Blow.
Ursula has it

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
*sees Felicia can't learn Rehabilitate*
literally wut

*sees that inherited units go poof*
and so I can't dump Astra on Nowi...
Well, I can settle for Glacies.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

commandercool

• alter cool
Svalin shield can only go on armored units

FUCK well that solves that problem then. Probably for the better.

Ursula has it

You know it didn't even occur to me that farmable units could be used for this because I'm used to PAD. Interesting.

okay who wants to die first

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
It looks like Ursula only gets Death Blow 3 at 5*, though.  So you have to dump 20k feathers at a minimum and then you can't even get her other skills, since if you want 3 you also have to get 1 and 2.

commandercool

• alter cool

"Who's been bullying my dear sweet Corrin?"

Does anyone know if there's a 4* with Wings Of Mercy 3?

Does anyone know if there's a 4* with Wings Of Mercy 3?

doubt it given how broken the skill is

Cain has wings of Mercy 3 the sword horse man. Was thinking if slapping that on azura would be any good.