Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2  (Read 74192 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2
« Reply #780 on: August 03, 2016, 01:57:16 AM »
>"Huh ?"
>Descend to the girl.
>You approach the girl in the corner.

>"So who are you ? You just suddenly appeared and attacked me for some reason, and now we`re trapped here."
>"Hey, I didn't do anything wrong. You just attacked me out of nowhere. Why'd you even do that?"
>The girl raises her head and looks you in the eye, scowling. You think you see remnants of tears on her face, "I am Matenshi, daughter of Sariel. And I do believe it was you who attacked me... You know, you probably had to in order to invade my body! And to think I even tried to save your life for the sake of a prophecy..."

>Recall what events led up to this. (Only if it doesn't take up time that is.)

>You reflect on how you ended up here...

>It all began with the occult balls, you were running an experiment on them to unlock their true power. It was also the first and only time Mamizou allowed you to have Gensokyo's own occult ball. During the experiment, you recall the balls suddenly going out of control, and a very bright light. Then you blacked out, and it felt like the longest sleep you ever had.
>You then woke up in what you think was Eientei, and then that's when Matenshi attacked you. The two of you took your battle skyward, not seeming to land any hits on each other. Eventually you settled into a random clearing, where you eventually tired out.
>Then the eyes appeared and attacked you, and you suddenly found yourself in this cage, before you could do anything Matenshi attacked you once more, and you kept fighting until you two saw the angel die through the window at the edge of the void.
>Matenshi had been huddling in this corner ever since.
>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #781 on: August 03, 2016, 02:04:46 AM »
>"Wait what ? I... i don`t understand, your body ? But, this is me, i still remember my childhood and all that..."
>Sit down.
>"But i guess that doesn`t matter for now... so that angel that got killed... was she... your mother ?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #782 on: August 03, 2016, 02:06:16 AM »
>"I'm Sumireko... and I think there's been a misunderstanding. I was just trying to defend myself. Invade your body? When I woke up, you were just... there, and attacked me. It felt like I'd been asleep for years... I was experimenting with the occult balls, I blacked out, and then I woke up in this crazy situation."
>Glance over at the blonde woman outside, before we keep talking to Matenshi. "And then while we were fighting, all those eyes appeared, and we got in this crazy situation... I hear my sister Renko yelling. What in the world is going on?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #783 on: August 03, 2016, 02:07:31 AM »
>"What do you mean save my life? What prophecy? Who were those two that were... um."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #784 on: August 03, 2016, 02:12:37 AM »
>"Who were those two that were... um."

>Don`t say this, it`s quite obvious that the angel woman was her mother from that scream of agony.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #785 on: August 03, 2016, 02:27:30 AM »
>Welp, 50/50 guess that Sariel's the angel one we've never seen before and that Matenshi didn't actually mean the orb one... What's the worst that can happen from guessing the wrong parent in a situation like this?
>Examine Matenshi.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #786 on: August 03, 2016, 02:32:51 AM »
>"I'm Sumireko... and I think there's been a misunderstanding. I was just trying to defend myself. Invade your body? When I woke up, you were just... there, and attacked me. It felt like I'd been asleep for years... I was experimenting with the occult balls, I blacked out, and then I woke up in this crazy situation."
>"I know who you are, Usami... And I had no choice but to attack you, you were in control of my body..."

>"Wait what ? I... i don`t understand, your body ? But, this is me, i still remember my childhood and all that..."
>"I still remember my childhood as well, but I am entirely certain this is my body..." She strokes one of her two white angel wings, "Though why my wings are concealed right now is a mystery... I blame you..."

>Glance over at the blonde woman outside, before we keep talking to Matenshi. "And then while we were fighting, all those eyes appeared, and we got in this crazy situation... I hear my sister Renko yelling. What in the world is going on?"
>The woman outside is still entirely focused on the window.
>"I have no idea... But now that I've had time to think... My best guess is that whoever that is out there invaded my body, and created this cage to suppress both of us..." Matenshi frowns.

>"What do you mean save my life? What prophecy? Who were those two that were... um."
>Don`t say this, it`s quite obvious that the angel woman was her mother from that scream of agony.
>You omit the last sentence.
>"My mother always spoke to me of a prophecy, she believed it meant that an Usami would destroy Uriel, the archangel of order and our enemy... And she believed that you were the Usami in that prophecy, and when we found out that Uriel was going to transform you into a soulless copy of himself, I took action. I fought my way to where you were kept in stasis, and tried to pull you out, but I found myself pulled inside instead. I kinda blacked out after that..."

>Sit down.
>"But i guess that doesn`t matter for now... so that angel that got killed... was she... your mother ?"
>Matenshi puts her head down again, "...Yes... And the one with her was Uriel..."

>Examine Matenshi.
>Matenshi has blue eyes and purple hair. A single pair of white angel wings protrude from her back. She is dressed in a blue robe, a white cross is present on the lower half of it.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #787 on: August 03, 2016, 02:38:35 AM »
>50/50 choice, no phone a friend left, no audience guess either. Million dollar question and we got it right! :toot:
>"I-I'm sorry if I caused this then... It seems like neither of us are in control of this body anymore though."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #788 on: August 03, 2016, 02:43:41 AM »
>"I... does this mean we have been turned in a single person then ? When you were dragged inside of the stasis thing... then what will happen now ? And if you couldn`t save me... does that mean my sister did ? Along with your mother maybe ?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #789 on: August 03, 2016, 02:46:59 AM »
>"I-I'm sorry if I caused this then... It seems like neither of us are in control of this body anymore though."
>"Yes... It seems so..."

>"I... does this mean we have been turned in a single person then ? When you were dragged inside of the stasis thing... then what will happen now ? And if you couldn`t save me... does that mean my sister did ? Along with your mother maybe ?"
>"Huh... I never thought of it that way... It could be possible... And I'm not sure who saved us, sorry..."
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #790 on: August 03, 2016, 02:55:01 AM »
>"Hmm..... sister..... Sister ! What if she is in danger too ?!? I can`t be staying around here, i have to break free, let`s go Matenshi, we have to get out of here, what if this person starts to kill more people using our body ? I`m sorry for your mother, but please, she would want you to resist too, we have to resist for our families."
>Lend her a hand.
>"Blame me all you want, i understand, but we can`t become slaves here and let this intruder cause more innocent casualties, i want to live, you want too right ?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #791 on: August 03, 2016, 03:16:30 AM »
>"Hmm..... sister..... Sister ! What if she is in danger too ?!? I can`t be staying around here, i have to break free, let`s go Matenshi, we have to get out of here, what if this person starts to kill more people using our body ? I`m sorry for your mother, but please, she would want you to resist too, we have to resist for our families."
>Lend her a hand.
>"Blame me all you want, i understand, but we can`t become slaves here and let this intruder cause more innocent casualties, i want to live, you want too right ?"
>Matenshi remains silent for a bit, before reluctantly taking your hand.
>"What's the plan?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #792 on: August 03, 2016, 03:22:05 AM »
>"That blonde woman out there had been taunting me earlier, and she has similar eye thingies as whatever attacked us. She also looks like the only other person in here, and she's outside this cage too. I think that might be our jail keeper. I'm not too sure on how to deal with her though..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #793 on: August 03, 2016, 03:38:33 AM »
>"That blonde woman out there had been taunting me earlier, and she has similar eye thingies as whatever attacked us. She also looks like the only other person in here, and she's outside this cage too. I think that might be our jail keeper. I'm not too sure on how to deal with her though..."
>"Well, she seems to be more focused on whatever's going on out there than us... If we can find a way to bust out of this cage, we might be able to get the jump on her..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #794 on: August 03, 2016, 04:40:42 AM »
>Looking around intensifies.
>What are our abilities?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #795 on: August 03, 2016, 05:06:04 AM »
>Looking around intensifies.
>The cage is featureless, you and Matenshi are its only inhabitants.
>The walls of the cage are vertical bars made of what looks like pure energy, reminiscent of a prison cell. If they were bent enough you might be able to get through.

>What are our abilities?
>You are a psychic, and are capable of levitation, pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, telekinesis, psychokinesis, short-range teleportation, astral projection, and other things associated with ESP. However, you are unsure if you can tap into these abilities while within this void, since, judging by the situation, it's heavily implied to be the inside of this shared body's mind...
>_

« Reply #796 on: August 03, 2016, 05:53:35 AM »
> try to use teleportation.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #797 on: August 03, 2016, 06:36:41 AM »
> try to use teleportation.
>You attempt to teleport.
>You don't seem to be able to do it.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #798 on: August 03, 2016, 07:17:55 AM »
>"Do you have any kind of special abilities ? I don't think mine will help as long as we're in this cage, and we need as many tools and ideas as we can...."
>Shoot a single pellet on the cage wall to see what happens.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #799 on: August 03, 2016, 07:40:32 AM »
> Is our astral projection limited to the dream traveling we could do before, or do we have more conscious control of it?
> Attempt to telekinetically push against the bars.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #800 on: August 03, 2016, 10:24:05 AM »
>Attempt to touch one of the bars. Like, the normal way.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #801 on: August 03, 2016, 12:18:27 PM »
>Have we been able to move our body since getting taken over like this?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #802 on: August 03, 2016, 02:52:42 PM »
>"Do you have any kind of special abilities ? I don't think mine will help as long as we're in this cage, and we need as many tools and ideas as we can...."
>"No, I do not... I'm sorry... Have you tried the bars yet?"

>Shoot a single pellet on the cage wall to see what happens.
>You attempt to use danmaku. You find that you cannot.

> Is our astral projection limited to the dream traveling we could do before, or do we have more conscious control of it?
> Attempt to telekinetically push against the bars.
>You only seem to be able to project yourself in your sleep.
>You attempt to access your telekinesis, having the same results as the rest of your abilities.

>Attempt to touch one of the bars. Like, the normal way.
>You walk over to one of the bars and grab it.
>You receive a nasty shock, but you did notice that the bar moved a little when you jerked your hand away, suggesting that these energy bars are more malleable than iron ones. Perhaps if the two of you worked together, and could endure the pain long enough, you could make a gap big enough to squeeze through.

>Have we been able to move our body since getting taken over like this?
>You have not.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #803 on: August 03, 2016, 02:54:54 PM »
>Whisper to Matenshi. "The bars shock us... but they don't seem too hard to move, other than that. If we can deal with the pain and each pick one bar to shove to the side, we can definitely get out."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #804 on: August 03, 2016, 03:04:25 PM »
>"We will need to have the right timing too, and it looks like our only option since i can't use any of my powers or use danmaku, what do you think ?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #805 on: August 03, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »
>Whisper to Matenshi. "The bars shock us... but they don't seem too hard to move, other than that. If we can deal with the pain and each pick one bar to shove to the side, we can definitely get out."
>"We will need to have the right timing too, and it looks like our only option since i can't use any of my powers or use danmaku, what do you think ?"
>"Alright then," Matenshi stands up, "I say we take our chances."
>She walks over to the bars closest to the woman outside.
>"I'm ready when you are."
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #806 on: August 03, 2016, 03:27:50 PM »
>Nod and get ready on our side too.
>"When i say three we go for it, your mother and my sister are counting on us, one... two... three !"
>Pull the bar with all our might so that we can make a hole to go through ! Ignore the pain, it will go away, think about our sister !

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #807 on: August 03, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
>Nod and get ready on our side too.
>"When i say three we go for it, your mother and my sister are counting on us, one... two... three !"
>"My mother is dead..." Matenshi frowns before bracing herself and pulling on one of the bars.

>Pull the bar with all our might so that we can make a hole to go through ! Ignore the pain, it will go away, think about our sister !
>You pull on the bar, enduring the pain. Soon, your combined efforts create a gap big enough to get through without much trouble.
>"Ghhh... Alright... as soon as we're both out of here, we jump her. Got it?" Matenshi asks as she slips through the hole. The bar on her side begins to slowly shift back into position, but the hole is still wide enough that you shouldn't have to worry about it, unless you dilly-dally.

>Matenshi holds out a hand to you.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #808 on: August 03, 2016, 08:51:10 PM »
>"Yes."
>Take the hand and go through, and make our way towards the lady with Matenshi, ready to attack when she does!

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #809 on: August 03, 2016, 09:14:21 PM »
After leaving the cage:

>Whisper. "But you should know that she is still with you in heart."
>What is the blonde shrine maiden doing ?
>Those five things surrounding her, do they resemble the occult balls ?