Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2  (Read 74140 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2
« Reply #750 on: August 01, 2016, 07:34:04 PM »
//Okay, let gather all that we know:

-We are in this weird dimension with no gravity.
-All the archangels (Except this new eighth one) are dead.
-Yuugen betrayed us and possessed Sumireko.
-She is now gathering all the archangels' powers.
-We are face to face with her and need to find a way to stop her without killing Sumireko herself or the archangel (We don't even know what it wants).

//If we want more options, we need to go deeper, that's how we managed to make shortcut tears, so we gonna think of a way to give ourselves more options too.

>Let's try to go beyond what we know, try to have a feel of our surroundings without our eyes and ears, focus on what it feels like, if we can sense any odd energy, any strange feeling, then try to seek if there is any shimmer there.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #751 on: August 01, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »
//Oh wait ! Didn't Yuugen have 5 eyes ? We only saw four, does that mean there is one in her back too ?

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #752 on: August 02, 2016, 12:48:11 AM »
//So we know that Renko has her own plan of trying to get Sumireko to stand up for herself. We can't help that much since Sumireko probably never saw us really before. If we don't consider Renko's plan, and Sumireko gets hurt somehow, she might be furious with us.
That eliminates shooting YuugenMagan or sending her through a gap until Renko's plan progresses.
But we could still do some things like the energy thing Raf said or try some boundary power.

In short, we gotta work with Renko's plan somehow.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #753 on: August 02, 2016, 01:06:05 AM »
Go ahead and try! We can shoot her if the other stuff doesn't work.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #754 on: August 02, 2016, 04:59:36 AM »
>Let's try to go beyond what we know, try to have a feel of our surroundings without our eyes and ears, focus on what it feels like, if we can sense any odd energy, any strange feeling, then try to seek if there is any shimmer there.
>You attempt to sense any odd energies in the surroundings. You find none that are shimmer worthy...
>The dust has almost been completely absorbed...

>"W-What are we going to do, Merry?" Renko asks.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #755 on: August 02, 2016, 08:54:47 AM »
//Ack, we just wasted valuable time ! I should have thought this better.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #756 on: August 02, 2016, 09:57:32 AM »
//Wait, what if we are supposed to trust the prophecy and let Renko do her thing ? It says that "The fate of entropy lies in Usami", but it doesn't specify which, so it can be that !

*Hope Meter +20%*

« Reply #757 on: August 02, 2016, 10:01:38 AM »
As a last restort, i suggest we open an gap into where Sumirenko's heart is, and grab it BUT NOT SQUEEZE IT, and threaten to kill yuugen if she doesn't stop. If she doesn't, then we'll squeez.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #758 on: August 02, 2016, 10:06:15 AM »
//Or it could mean Sumireko and that YgMg's plan with actually win... Seems like something Fate would be very likely to do, considering what's happened so far.
//And killing Sumireko directly ourself is a horrible idea to me :qq: I still like the last resort of tearing this place a new one the size of Eientei.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #759 on: August 02, 2016, 11:44:07 AM »
Yeah let's not try to MURDER sumireko first thing.

Shooting her with lasers in her eyeballs (namely, yuugenmagan's, so sumireko might not be so bad off) is a better idea than that >.>

Our next action either has to be full-on Renko plan or the plan to attempt shooting her into a gap so we can call for Yukari's help, we've lost the free time for trying to figure something new with our powers. She's about to destroy the universe.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #760 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:14 PM »
//This is so complicated, i think the "try and shove her" plan is a bit sketchy, we don't even known if we can get to her in time, maybe could restrain her at least ? Remember that there a fifth eye missing too.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #761 on: August 02, 2016, 02:56:22 PM »
A missing eye doesn't mean much. Restraining her is a much worse idea because the second she recovers from being lasered (if she's stunned at all) she can beat the hell out of us- the only way attacking will probably work is if we can attack her through a gap, whether from recoil on the laser itself or a shove. We could get closer before lasering if distance is a thing.

It might not work, but what are our options again?
A.Try to find a new thing we can do with our powers (Except we tried and no longer have any time to experiment, we can't afford to do this anymore)
B.Renko's plan
C.My plan
D.Stuff that might murder Sumireko (Squeezing her heart is nothing short of a death threat.)

Yeah. Or panic tears, I guess. But, you know, that kind of puts reality itself at risk. Yukari very well may not notice since we're not in Gensokyo.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #762 on: August 02, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »
//I guess we could try your idea, then if it works we can have Renko try and stimulate Sumireko to make peace with the archangel or something and resist Yuugen together.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #763 on: August 02, 2016, 05:11:04 PM »
//If we had the dagger, I would be so up for flinging it into the YuugenMagan chest-eye.
Going with Renko's plan means we're risking it all on the hopes that the archangel and Sumireko can agree, let alone do something.
Shooting YuugenMagan might do something, or it might be completely useless. It's a final gambit on hoping it works. Unless Yukari comes for the Tear End, this is a better choice IMO.
Using a tear means we're basically saying "Screw everything I've had enough." There's a chance YuugenMagan might try to take us out, but regardless if she does, she's pretty screwed too because there's no one to stop it.
We might not have enough time to even make use of gaps.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:20:34 PM by Miniking »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #764 on: August 02, 2016, 05:57:03 PM »
We aren't necessarily at one action left before the world ends, but we -are- at the point where we have to make each action count. If shooting her fails, we can still do something else... probably.

So, assuming I interpreted Miniking's post right, we're in agreement on the shooting plan? Yell if not, etc

>Close all open gaps we have. Open a big one to the Hakurei Shrine right behind SumiMagan.
>Whisper to Renko. "Push her in the gap, us too." Start moving towards SumiMagan with her... if she doesn't come with us, well. :T
>Once we're not too far from reaching her, or as soon as SumiMagan seems to react to us, fire a laser directly into the big eye on her chest.
>If anything goes wrong during this series of actions or there's a good reason to suggest we won't be able to shove her, well, we'll regroup on that!

If it doesn't work, panic-attempt Renko's plan and resort to more dangerous methods if that still doesn't work (like panic tears) I guess? Even if the laser doesn't work well, maybe we can still shove her?

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #765 on: August 02, 2016, 06:00:28 PM »
//Yea, seems like our best bet for now, i just hope this "Witch's house-like" part is over soon.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #766 on: August 02, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »
Spoiler:
//We should've just waited an hour outside of Gensokyo :/
//Well, here we go.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #767 on: August 02, 2016, 06:33:33 PM »
>Close all open gaps we have. Open a big one to the Hakurei Shrine right behind SumiMagan.
>You close all the gaps and open a large one right behind YuugenMagan/Sumireko

>Whisper to Renko. "Push her in the gap, us too." Start moving towards SumiMagan with her... if she doesn't come with us, well. :T
>"W-Wait! W-Will that even do anything!?" Renko asks as you move towards your target.

>Once we're not too far from reaching her, or as soon as SumiMagan seems to react to us, fire a laser directly into the big eye on her chest.
>You fire a laser at the eye on Sumireko's chest. It immediately sees the laser approaching and closes, vanishing completely.
>The laser hits Sumireko, destroying a part of her clothes and leaving a burn mark on her chest. Sumireko screams in her own voice.
>"S-Sumireko!" Renko exclaims, "Merry! You're hurting her!"
>The eye re-opens looking directly at you, and Sumireko smiles.
>"Nice try." she says in YuugenMagan's voice, "But as long as I inhabit this body, the only harm you will inflict will be on your friend."
>With a wave of her hand, you are sent back towards Renko by a wave of force.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #768 on: August 02, 2016, 07:13:51 PM »
>"Gah... I can't do anything... you have to awaken the real Sumireko, Renko, before it's too late!"

..."too late" meaning once there's no choice but to take drastic measures.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #769 on: August 02, 2016, 07:35:50 PM »
>"Tell her that if she doesn't get in a agreement with the other archangel inside her, then they both will become slaves !"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #770 on: August 02, 2016, 07:49:17 PM »
>"Gah... I can't do anything... you have to awaken the real Sumireko, Renko, before it's too late!"
>"Tell her that if she doesn't get in a agreement with the other archangel inside her, then they both will become slaves !"
>"Alright..." says Renko, before looking driectly at her sister, "Sumireko, I know you're still in there, somewhere... Please, you have to resist, for all our sakes... For my sake... I don't want to lose you again... so if not for everyone else... AT LEAST DO IT FOR ME, SUMIREKO! PLEASE DON'T ABANDON YOUR FAMILY AGAIN!"

>...

>You are Sumireko Usami. And it feels like you've been trapped in a nightmare...

>Recently, you awakened from what seemed to be a long sleep, and immediately found yourself face to face with someone you had never seen before. She attacked you, and in self defense, you retaliated. The two of you took your battle skyward, but for whatever reason, nobody seemed to land a hit on each other. Eventually you both tired out in a forest clearing, far from where the battle began.

>Then the nightmare began.

>In an instant, five eyes surrounded you and flew into you, since then, you've been within what appears to be a cage made of pure electricity, floating in a void. Your adversary was here as well, and the two of you began to fight once more. Though, the fighting stopped once she witnessed what was occurring through the window at the far side of the void. You watched as what appeared to be you killed some kind of angel, as well as some orb-like construct. Prompting a big "NO!" from your enemy. Since then, she has sat huddled in the corner of the cage.

>There is another woman as well, a blonde haired one, floating in the void. Taunting your helplessness, but now she seems entirely focused on the window.

>Suddenly you hear a familiar voice call out to you... A voice you haven't heard in a long time...
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #771 on: August 02, 2016, 07:55:10 PM »
>Listen to the voice
>Blonde haired woman?

« Reply #772 on: August 02, 2016, 07:57:29 PM »
>LISTEN TO THE VOICE AND TRY TO REACH OUT TO IT!
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #773 on: August 03, 2016, 01:09:14 AM »
>How is it familiar? Who does it sound like?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #774 on: August 03, 2016, 01:18:18 AM »
>Listen to the voice
>How is it familiar? Who does it sound like?
>LISTEN TO THE VOICE AND TRY TO REACH OUT TO IT!
>It sounds like your little sister, Renko Usami, but slightly different, as if the voice was a little older.
>"...SUMIREKO! PLEASE DON'T ABANDON YOUR FAMILY AGAIN!" you hear it say, "IF YOU DON'T MAKE PEACE WITH WHOEVER IS STUCK IN YOU AND RESIST! THEN IT'S HOPELESS! PLEASE! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME... JUST... RESPOND!"
>You try to call out to the voice, but your voice doesn't seem to carry past the cage...

>"Will you please shut up...?" says the girl in the corner.

>Blonde haired woman?
>The woman outside of the cage has blonde hair, and appears to be wearing a shrine-maiden's outfit. She has five orbs chained around her waist, each sports an eye-like pattern.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #775 on: August 03, 2016, 01:20:43 AM »
>"Huh ?"
>Descend to the girl.
>"So who are you ? You just suddenly appeared and attacked me for some reason, and now we`re trapped here, who were those two that got killed ? Why did i do that ? Who is that woman over there ?"
>Take a breath.
>"Sorry, i guess i`m going to quick, the name is Sumireko."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:34:17 AM by Starlighthawk »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #776 on: August 03, 2016, 01:22:26 AM »
>She's outside of our electrical cage :/ We can't really descend to her.
>Recall what events led up to this. (Only if it doesn't take up time that is.)

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #777 on: August 03, 2016, 01:24:28 AM »
>I mean the one inside with us, not that shrine maiden one, descend to her.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #778 on: August 03, 2016, 01:34:24 AM »
//Edit

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #779 on: August 03, 2016, 01:38:23 AM »
//We just got through fighting her a couple of times. Approaching her now seems likely to get us sucker punched. And questioning her a bunch after she just told us to shut up... May I offer a choice?
>"Hey, I didn't do anything wrong. You just attacked me out of nowhere. Why'd you even do that?"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:44:26 AM by Miniking »