Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2  (Read 74084 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2
« Reply #690 on: July 29, 2016, 05:39:34 PM »
//I knew it.

>Turn to Chen.
>"Quick ! Call Yukari Chen ! This is very wrong ! Tell her it`s a emergency."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #691 on: July 29, 2016, 05:40:23 PM »
//I hate it when stuff like this happens, gives me a eerie feeling, and makes me very uneasy.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #692 on: July 29, 2016, 05:45:17 PM »
//I knew it.

>Turn to Chen.
>"Quick ! Call Yukari Chen ! This is very wrong ! Tell her it`s a emergency."
>You call to Chen, but before you can finish your sentence, a bolt of energy strikes her, sending her flying against a tree, and seemingly knocking her unconscious.
>"Oh, no need to contact Yakumo... I'd rather not have her poking her nose in my business." says YuugenMagan, "Oh, and I have to thank you, Maribel, if it wasn't for you it would've probably taken me much longer to get this far."
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #693 on: July 29, 2016, 05:47:26 PM »
>"You used me ! You just wanted to steal Sumireko`s body ! And just after we saved her from becoming a puppet you turn her into one !"
>Frown.
>"Why of all things ?!?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #694 on: July 29, 2016, 07:05:07 PM »
>"W-What the hell!?!? I trusted you! I thought you would help! That things would finally start changing!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #695 on: July 30, 2016, 12:15:08 AM »
>"W-What the hell!?!? I trusted you! I thought you would help! That things would finally start changing!"
>"Oh, things will change alright..." Sumireko, or rather, YuugenMagan, smirks.

>"You used me ! You just wanted to steal Sumireko`s body ! And just after we saved her from becoming a puppet you turn her into one !"
>Frown.
>"Why of all things ?!?"
>"Why, you ask?" she smiles, "You've heard of the archangels, haven't you, Maribel?"
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #696 on: July 30, 2016, 12:16:39 AM »
>Freeze, then look back to her.
>"Don`t tell me.... you`re him ?!? And why she in the first place ?!?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #697 on: July 30, 2016, 12:19:03 AM »
>Well, if she WAS Uriel, she'd probably go about this a little differently. Rather than the first sentence (the second is fine, apart from replacing she with her) let's say "Yeah... and what do you have to do with the archangels?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #698 on: July 30, 2016, 12:26:35 AM »
//It`s just that this is just a salted wound stab, it really strikes on some uncomfortable childhood memories..... so i will get really affected with this and won`t be thinking straight.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #699 on: July 30, 2016, 12:36:22 AM »
>Freeze, then look back to her.
>"Don`t tell me.... you`re him ?!? And why she in the first place ?!?"
>Well, if she WAS Uriel, she'd probably go about this a little differently. Rather than the first sentence (the second is fine, apart from replacing she with her) let's say "Yeah... and what do you have to do with the archangels?"
>You omit the first sentence and make necessary mental adjustments to your dialogue before you speak.

>"Seven." she answers, "Seven archangels exist... However, what many who know of the archangels do not know is that there was an eighth... A forbidden child sired by the angel of chaos. She was comparatively weak to her predecessors, but, being unspecialized, she had the highest potential... Long have I coveted the power of the eighth angel, but she disappeared before I could get close to her... And when I laid eyes on your friend in her condition, and sensed a familiar energy source within her, I realized I had my chance. Because, you see..."
>An eerie aura appears around YuugenMagan,
>"I knew from the start exactly what was wrong with your friend: The eighth angel is trapped within her, fused to her soul. And their consciousnesses were battling for control over the body. Well, until I took over... Hell, I wonder if they're even aware of what's going on. Even now they seem more focused on fighting each other than on what's actually happening in reality..."

>She waves her hand, and behind her a rift appears in a swirl of black. You can see what appears to be Uriel's void beyond it.
>"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a plan to fulfill. And thank you once again for trusting me, you've been such a great help..."
>YuugenMagan/Sumireko begins floating backwards, towards the rift.

>"N-No! Stop!" Renko begins running after them.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #700 on: July 30, 2016, 12:39:05 AM »
//AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

>Use our powers to close that rift ! We need to do something !

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #701 on: July 30, 2016, 12:42:44 AM »
>"No, Renko!"

Debating whether it's worth risking just RIPPING A TEAR IN IT if we can't close it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #702 on: July 30, 2016, 12:55:05 AM »
//AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

>Use our powers to close that rift ! We need to do something !
>You attempt to close the rift, but you can't seem to find any boundaries to close it with...

>"No, Renko!"

Debating whether it's worth risking just RIPPING A TEAR IN IT if we can't close it.

>"W-We can't just let them get away! I-It's not fair!" Renko yells.
>"Hmm... Yes..." YuugenMagan stops and closes the rift on her own, "...It wouldn't be fair to just leave you guys, after you've done so much to help me... Why don't I make it up to you and give you a front-row seat to the end of the world!"
>She waves her hands, and two more rifts open up underneath you and Renko, causing you to fall through.

>You two are now in Uriel's void. The cloud of dust that used to be swirling into Sumireko is scattered everywhere. And you can see Uriel and Sariel drifting in the distance, not moving. Neither seem to have noticed you yet.
>YuugenMagan appears from a new rift, and begins floating towards the two weakened archangels.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #703 on: July 30, 2016, 01:12:52 AM »
//I...I can`t think straight right now, i can`t have any ideas.

>Make a gap towards those two as we learned, if we can awake Sariel she may be able to do something.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #704 on: July 30, 2016, 01:19:27 AM »
//I...I can`t think straight right now, i can`t have any ideas.

>Make a gap towards those two as we learned, if we can awake Sariel she may be able to do something.
>You create a gap that leads near Sariel.
>YuugenMagan is halfway there.

>Renko is drifting nearby, looking between you, YuugenMagan, the angels, and the gap.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #705 on: July 30, 2016, 01:27:45 AM »
>Examine Sariel.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #706 on: July 30, 2016, 01:32:55 AM »
>Examine Sariel.
>You still haven't flown through the gap, so you're too far to make out any details, but she looks pretty much the same as you left her from here.

>YuugenMagan gets closer. You see Sariel move slightly.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #707 on: July 30, 2016, 01:33:45 AM »
//Yukari was willing to threaten Marisa and give an unfaithful bargain when she came to close our out of control tear and find us. Not to mention her expressing how dangerous it was... If we open another larger and probably more unstable one in here, it could possibly attract her attention. Hopefully.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #708 on: July 30, 2016, 01:59:53 AM »
That's a last resort. Sariel twitched. Let's try a less super dangerous thing first. We aren't in gensokyo, so we can't guarantee Yukari will notice before it's Really Bad News. Maybe we'd just end up destroying this space, but who knows what repercussions there could be if Yukari didn't come fast enough?

>Move through the gap. Immediately begin shaking Sariel. "Wake up Sariel, emergency!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #709 on: July 30, 2016, 02:11:40 AM »
That's a last resort. Sariel twitched. Let's try a less super dangerous thing first. We aren't in gensokyo, so we can't guarantee Yukari will notice before it's Really Bad News. Maybe we'd just end up destroying this space, but who knows what repercussions there could be if Yukari didn't come fast enough?

>Move through the gap. Immediately begin shaking Sariel. "Wake up Sariel, emergency!"
>You move through the gap, leaving Renko behind.
>Sariel is already awake, and seems to have been focused on Sumireko/YuugenMagan, there is no need to shake her.
>"What are you doing here....?" she asks, weakly, "I didn't expect to see you and the Usamis again so soon..."
>"It was something I did not anticipate as well..." says Uriel.
>"Quiet, you..."

>YuugenMagan reaches the three of you.
>"Ah, perfect. It seems you have the best seat in the house... It's a shame you left Renko behind, she looks so lonely back there..." She smirks maliciously.

>You notice Renko slowly attempting to make her way into your gap. She is nearly there.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #710 on: July 30, 2016, 02:16:53 AM »
BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD

>"She's possessed!" Say it in a sort of panic. This should get their attention in the proper manner. We simply don't have time to explain.

I don't have any ideas other than panic tears. We don't have any real fighting ability. We're in a featureless void so we can't dump something on her. SumiMagan, on the other hand, can probably beat us to a pulp effortlessly. Yukari is god knows where. If the situation doesn't immediately improve we might need to just start ripping holes. I HIGHLY doubt we can try to boundary Yuugen out of Sumireko, not whilst she's fully able to resist... violently.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #711 on: July 30, 2016, 02:23:18 AM »
>Plop two gaps together to send YgKo into an infinitely empty space, portal style.
>There's a possibility that, if we're quick enough, we could gap Renko to us and gap the three (Uriel too for four?) of us back to Gensokyo...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #712 on: July 30, 2016, 02:30:48 AM »
There's not really gravity here... we might be able to surprise-shove her into a gap, maybe, but SumiMagan can just make new rifts here. We'd need some sort of real plan.

Ahahahhaaaaa actually you know what we could try to gap her into the garden of the sun and let yuuka murder her

except we don't want to accidentally get sumireko killed. yuuka wouldn't literally murder people who weren't fairies, right? >.> ...right? <.<

We could gap to the SDM and then try to dump a boatload of books ontop of her?

EDIT:Actually, wait. We just need SumiMagan to not kill the other archangels. If we gap everyone other than her out... than we can buy some time. We can go to the Hakurei Shrine and alert Ran. This is a -good- plan. I won't make it in this post since it may be missed because edit shenanigans, though.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:35:27 AM by Serela »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #713 on: July 30, 2016, 02:42:34 AM »
yuuka wouldn't literally murder people who weren't fairies, right? >.> ...right? <.<
Oh our previous encounter and almost loss of Renko begs to differ...
That dagger we threw should still be in here, maybe...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #714 on: July 30, 2016, 02:47:12 AM »
Maybe... that's not a bad idea. Stealth-stabbing Sumireko through a gap could work without literally killing her. But -locating- it is questionable... we have precious little time to waste. It may have even been destroyed.

>Open a gap to the Hakurei Shrine near us/uriel/sariel. Keep the other open so Renko can still get through.
>Throw a haphazard spread of pellet danmaku towards SumiMagan. It just has to be spread enough to make her move so that she's distracted, the aim and specifics don't matter. "Get in or she'll kill you!"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:49:12 AM by Serela »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #715 on: July 30, 2016, 03:34:54 AM »
>"She's possessed!" Say it in a sort of panic. This should get their attention in the proper manner. We simply don't have time to explain.
>"Oh?" Sariel questions.

>Plop two gaps together to send YgKo into an infinitely empty space, portal style.
>There is no gravity here!

>There's a possibility that, if we're quick enough, we could gap Renko to us and gap the three (Uriel too for four?) of us back to Gensokyo...
>You ponder if you can gap all of you back to Gensokyo before YuugenMagan/Sumireko can do what you think she is going to do...

>Open a gap to the Hakurei Shrine near us/uriel/sariel. Keep the other open so Renko can still get through.
>Throw a haphazard spread of pellet danmaku towards SumiMagan. It just has to be spread enough to make her move so that she's distracted, the aim and specifics don't matter. "Get in or she'll kill you!"
>You open a gap to the shrine nearby right as Renko emerges from the first one. You then fire a spread of danmaku at YuugenMagan, who surprisingly stands her ground, taking the hit.
>"Neither of us are really in the condition to move right now..." says Sariel.
>"Nice try." says YuugenMagan, "But the only thing you've managed to accomplish is causing physical harm to your friend. Now, without further ado..."
>She holds out both her arms, revealing a YuugenMagan eye in each palm.

>Sariel begins to laugh.
>"Huh? What's so funny...?"
>"Oh... hehehe... I was just remembering the prophecy..." Sariel smirks, " 'The fate of entropy lies in the hands of Usami' hehehe... Raphael you clever bast-"
>A bolt of light shoots out from YuugenMagan's palm eyes, piercing both angels and prompting Renko to scream. Uriel's central orb cracks, and blood seeps out of them, and Sariel falls limp before both angels disintegrate into particles resembling the dust that was funneling into Sumireko the last time you were here.
>The dust from both angels begins to funnel into YuugenMagan, as well as the dust clouds scattered throughout the area.

>"Oh... I can feel it... The essence of all the archangels circulating through this body's veins..." YuugenMagan grins, "Soon, everything will change."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #716 on: July 30, 2016, 03:42:06 AM »
//Last resort time? Either she'll destroy the world, or we will.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #717 on: July 30, 2016, 03:46:29 AM »
//I can`t see any other choice either....

>"C-Change to what ? You said you will end this world, there will be nothing left, why are you doing this ?"
>Sigh.
>"I`m sorry mother.... looks like this is the only way."
>If we can, try to find a boundary between soul and body, focus on that boundary and gap it using the possessed Sumireko in mind at the center focus, if it succeeds, try to split away all the differents souls inside her body and throw them out except her own.
>If there seems like no other source of hope comes, make a tear right beside the possessed Sumireko, and purposefully de-stabilize it, if it doesn`t affect her, make another one and so on until she is affected.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:49:07 AM by Starlighthawk »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #718 on: July 30, 2016, 03:53:48 AM »
//I can`t see any other choice either....

>"C-Change to what ? You said you will end this world, there will be nothing left, why are you doing this ?"
>"What? I never said anything of the sort... I merely plan to re-create all of reality in my own image, that is all..."

>Sigh.
>"I`m sorry mother.... looks like this is the only way."
>"W-Wait..." Renko puts a hand in front of you, "B-Before you do anything... M-Maybe Sumireko is still in there somewhere... Maybe we can get her to resist... I-I don't know..."
>_

« Reply #719 on: July 30, 2016, 04:06:37 AM »
>"Sorry Renko, can't take any chances."

>If we can, try to find a boundary between soul and body, focus on that boundary and gap it using the possessed Sumireko in mind at the center focus, if it succeeds, try to split away all the differents souls inside her body and throw them out except her own.
>Do this
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi