Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2  (Read 74076 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II - Part 2
« Reply #630 on: July 25, 2016, 12:42:59 AM »
>"So if we became youkai, we would have to eat human meat ? Or is it something else ?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #631 on: July 25, 2016, 12:54:31 AM »
>"I need to talk to you with Renko. It's important. Can we look for her?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #632 on: July 25, 2016, 01:19:45 AM »
>"So if we became youkai, we would have to eat human meat ? Or is it something else ?"
>"You wouldn't have to... Not all youkai eat it. And among those that do, only a few of them actually need it to survive. To the others it's more like a... delicacy..."

>"I need to talk to you with Renko. It's important. Can we look for her?"
>"As much as I would love to find her, I, unfortunately, have a prior commitment to attend to, and I am almost late... The conversation will have to wait..."
>Yukari sighs.
>"...I'm going to let you go now... We'll talk later. I will also send Chen to accompany you so that I may use her to contact you once I am finished with my business. I will allow you to stay in Gensokyo until then."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #633 on: July 25, 2016, 01:22:18 AM »
>"I'll try not to use any tears and to stay with Chen. T-Thank you."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #634 on: July 25, 2016, 01:33:03 AM »
>"I'll try not to use any tears and to stay with Chen. T-Thank you."
>"Ah yes, speaking of tears, I would like to rectify that problem before I go, so I don't have to worry about you nearly destroying reality again... I still have my doubts that that was an accident..."
>"I want you to make a gap taking you to where I found you. I will not make one for you unless I deem it absolutely necessary."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #635 on: July 25, 2016, 01:37:56 AM »
>"Yours have the ribbon-like things at the edges, right? How do I do that?"

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #636 on: July 25, 2016, 01:53:44 AM »
>"R-Right..."
>Focus on how the place looked like, the outside with the shack on the background, the boulder that was in the way, the state of the shack and the grass on the field, remember also the trees and bushes around the forest.
>Does the image shimmer ? If so, try to make a gap on it, not make a tear, but make it so that the border sort of stretches by itself to make the gap, without ripping apart, if it seems like the boundary is going to be damaged like before stop.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #637 on: July 25, 2016, 02:03:29 AM »
>"Yours have the ribbon-like things at the edges, right? How do I do that?"
>"So I was correct... You have been using tears the whole time... In that case what happened would've been inevitable. I mentioned to you before that tears are crude and unstable..." Yukari frowns, "Anyway, I will let you try to figure it out on your own, first..."

>"R-Right..."
>Focus on how the place looked like, the outside with the shack on the background, the boulder that was in the way, the state of the shack and the grass on the field, remember also the trees and bushes around the forest.
>Does the image shimmer ? If so, try to make a gap on it, not make a tear, but make it so that the border sort of stretches by itself to make the gap, without ripping apart, if it seems like the boundary is going to be damaged like before stop.
>You imagine the place and the image begins to shimmer.
>You use a different method than before, rather than ripping the boundary, you imagine the boundary stretching so that an actual gap forms in it...
>Soon, a hole opens up in front of you, it looks quite different than your usual tears. The void within looks the same. However, Its edges are perfectly smooth, and at each end a blue bow, as opposed to Yukari's red, is affixed to it.
>You also notice that it took much less energy to form than a tear. Maintaining it is much less draining as well.

>Yukari smiles slightly, "Well done... It feels distinctly different than making a tear, does it not?"
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #638 on: July 25, 2016, 02:07:40 AM »
>"I guess i was assuming those were gaps the whole time.... i apologize for doing such a risky action Mo-Lady Yukari."
>Does there seem to be anyone on the other side ?

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #639 on: July 25, 2016, 02:07:57 AM »
>Nod.
>"Yes. It does."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #640 on: July 25, 2016, 03:07:37 AM »
>Nod.
>"Yes. It does."
>"I guess i was assuming those were gaps the whole time.... i apologize for doing such a risky action Mo-Lady Yukari."
>"It's fine. It's all a part of learning, after all..."

>Does there seem to be anyone on the other side ?
>You see nothing but the void beyond, however, as soon as you desire to see the other side, the void becomes partially transparent.
>You can see YuugenMagan and Renko outside of Rengeteki's house, they seem to be searching for something. Or someone...
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #641 on: July 25, 2016, 03:11:53 AM »
>"...May I go?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #643 on: July 25, 2016, 03:32:08 AM »
>Nod and try to step through the gap.

« Reply #644 on: July 25, 2016, 03:32:31 AM »
-snip- nevermind.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #645 on: July 25, 2016, 03:55:56 AM »
>Nod and try to step through the gap.
>You step through the gap.
>"Merry!" Renko runs over and hugs you as soon as she sees you, "A-Are you alright?! What happened!?"

>Another gap, one of Yukari's, opens up nearby, and Chen drops out of it, prompting YuugenMagan's eyes to give her a curious look.
>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #646 on: July 25, 2016, 04:05:08 AM »
>"A-A lot of things, where is Marisa ?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #647 on: July 25, 2016, 04:09:11 AM »
>"A-A lot of things, where is Marisa ?"
>"YuugenMagan ran into her when we were trying to find our way back. She told me that something came up and Marisa had to go..."

>"Hi Maribel!" says Chen, "Um... What are you wearing? Oh, and there you are, Renko! Why the heck did ya run off like that?"
>"Uh oh..." Renko frowns.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #648 on: July 25, 2016, 04:19:25 AM »
>"Um, things are a bit complicated. Renko, we're to stay with Chen this time, okay? We've got to tell Yukari something the next time we meet with her."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #649 on: July 25, 2016, 04:40:02 AM »
>"Um, things are a bit complicated. Renko, we're to stay with Chen this time, okay? We've got to tell Yukari something the next time we meet with her."
>"Tell her what?" Renko asks.
>_
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:54:32 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #650 on: July 25, 2016, 04:54:24 AM »
>"Um, Chen. Could you please cover your ears for a second? It's nothing ill towards you, it's just something a bit personal between Renko and I."
> If she complies...
>>Whisper to Renko.
>>"About Sariel. If we mention a few things, we might be able to justify your actions, and maybe you could be forgiven for what you did. She might be able to help deal with Uriel when the time comes again."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #651 on: July 25, 2016, 05:38:38 AM »
>"Um, Chen. Could you please cover your ears for a second? It's nothing ill towards you, it's just something a bit personal between Renko and I."
>"My cat ears, or my other ears?" Chen asks.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #652 on: July 25, 2016, 05:42:49 AM »
>"Um... Your cat ears maybe?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #653 on: July 25, 2016, 05:57:39 AM »
>"Um... Your cat ears maybe?"
>"Okay"
>Chen puts her hands over her cat ears.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #654 on: July 25, 2016, 06:04:18 AM »
>Whisper to Renko.
>"I was thinking that we should tell Yukari about Sariel. If we mention a few things, we might be able to justify your actions, and maybe you could be forgiven for what you did. She might be able to help deal with Uriel when the time comes again."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #655 on: July 25, 2016, 06:39:08 AM »
>Whisper to Renko.
>"I was thinking that we should tell Yukari about Sariel. If we mention a few things, we might be able to justify your actions, and maybe you could be forgiven for what you did. She might be able to help deal with Uriel when the time comes again."
>"Do you think that's a good idea? I mean, sure, she's weak now... But Sariel is pretty powerful... What would happen if we got Yukari involved in this?"
>_

//And I am going to visit relatives this week, so starting now, I won't be back for 3 and a half to 4 days. I will return either late on thursday or anytime on friday (I'm in the US Mountain Time Zone, for those players that are from other countries.)

//Feel free to keep posting, just know you won't be parsed until I get back.
//Thank you for understanding.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #656 on: July 25, 2016, 06:42:52 AM »
//Have a nice time.
>"I was hoping she could help deal with Uriel. Or at least show that what happened wasn't entirely your fault."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #657 on: July 26, 2016, 12:35:42 PM »
>"After the talk I just had with her... I... I do trust her a lot more. She told me a few things, but now isn't the time to get into that... we have time to go save Sumireko now while Yukari does an errand, and that's important.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #658 on: July 29, 2016, 01:33:29 AM »
//I'm back!  :D

//Have a nice time.
>"I was hoping she could help deal with Uriel. Or at least show that what happened wasn't entirely your fault."
>"After the talk I just had with her... I... I do trust her a lot more. She told me a few things, but now isn't the time to get into that... we have time to go save Sumireko now while Yukari does an errand, and that's important.
>"Alright." Renko replies, "Anyway, Sumireko still hasn't really moved much since you left. So we should get going in case she does decide to move."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #659 on: July 29, 2016, 01:39:32 AM »
>"Yeah, we should. Lead the way for us?"
>Look around for Yuugenmagan.
>"Okay Chen, we're all gonna go find Sumireko."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore