Author Topic: Communication Breakdance (Game Over! Town win)  (Read 80735 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Communication Breakdance (Day 4)
« Reply #690 on: September 09, 2009, 06:26:50 AM »
Rereading :/

If we're going into a 4 player LyLo, it doesn't matter if Rou shoots or not. Unless he shoots the right person, we win only if we lynch scum. I rate he keeps it to himself and think it out on his own. In other words grow a spine and think for yourself.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #691 on: September 09, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »
I've just realised a problem that I should probably talk over with Zak. Does my kill work if I hit a GF? Because we've lynched a jan and a goon so far, so GF as the third role isn't unheard of...

I'll get down to that reread after this, but Seniwac's disappearance says quite a lot. I think we're so far into the day (and there's so little actual discussion) that L-1 is acceptable. Even if he does turn out to be Town, he isn't the sort of liability we want to take into Lylo.

##Vote: KGH (L-1)

Claim, please.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #692 on: September 09, 2009, 02:52:33 PM »
Seniwac already claimed way back on Day 1.

I am for the "Roukan doesn't tell us who he shot" idea.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #693 on: September 09, 2009, 03:22:48 PM »
Seniwac already claimed way back on Day 1.
I guess, but I was sort of hoping that wasn't serious. :V

Anyway, SERIOUSLY NEED TO DO THAT UK REREAD

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #694 on: September 09, 2009, 04:40:39 PM »
Initial drama for not taking interest in Seniwac's claim. Probably only relevant in the event of a scumpair, but that's more or less impossible right now so it's more or less a nulltell.
Then again it's Sodium that attacks her, and I'm not sure if scum would risk going at their buddy based on more or less the first real point of the game.

Switches to KGH here based on the 'I acted scummy to start discussion' point. I initially read this as weird, but looking over it again it does make sense - if he's going out of his way to act scummy then we're already in deep WIFOM.

Has a decent case on KGH, but drops it to go over to Zengar late in the day. If KGH flips Town this is probably noteworthy, though she did make a few points against Zengar in earlier posts.

Jumps on the Sodium wagon D2 almost immediately. Despite the potential to switch to Edible later on, she sticks with Sodium and lynches a second scum.

One thing I find more interesting is her opinion change between the end of D2 and the start of D3. Before the Sodium lynch she presses the possibility of a Sodium/Edible pair as hard as possible. Then when D3 comes around, she attacks me without giving any reason as to why the case on Edible had dissipated. She switched back to Edible afterwards, but I don't understand why she changed her mind.

This offhand comment to Edible about D3 not being the end raises an eyebrow, but I can't really hold anything to it.

In fact, since changing her mind she's been pretty dead set on Edible to be lynched. May as well ask, what are your opinions on players other than Edible and myself?

To be fair, there isn't that much going against her right now. The only thing that really worries me about her is that she dropped Edible as a suspect during N2 for me, and when she jumped back onto him afterwards she basically never let go. Need an Edible flip before I try to look any further.

« Reply #695 on: September 09, 2009, 08:33:16 PM »
The "Not First Votecount of the day" Votecount.

Edible?: Uncertain Kitten (L-3)
Khorneish Game Hen: Kilgamayan, Pesco, Roukanken (L-1)

Heniwac is about the fly the coop at L-1
About 43.5 hours left in the day
Also, I have limited access today until I get around to fixing my computer.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 01:35:58 AM by Zakeri »

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #696 on: September 09, 2009, 08:45:08 PM »
One thing I find more interesting is her opinion change between the end of D2 and the start of D3. Before the Sodium lynch she presses the possibility of a Sodium/Edible pair as hard as possible. Then when D3 comes around, she attacks me without giving any reason as to why the case on Edible had dissipated. She switched back to Edible afterwards, but I don't understand why she changed her mind.

The out you gave sodium REALLY had me reasonably sure you were a pair after I considered the night.

This offhand comment to Edible about D3 not being the end raises an eyebrow, but I can't really hold anything to it.

Me being self assured. The implication was he was scum.

In fact, since changing her mind she's been pretty dead set on Edible to be lynched. May as well ask, what are your opinions on players other than Edible and myself?

Hell if I know. I think KGH will end up being a mislynch. I've flipped over and over on Kilga, and probably have to give him a proper reread. As well as read Kiro and Pesco. I might get to that later today.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #697 on: September 09, 2009, 09:01:08 PM »
The out you gave sodium REALLY had me reasonably sure you were a pair after I considered the night.
I'm relatively sure I'd given Sodium the out before you said that your main suspicion was a Sodium/Edible team. That's why I'm uncertain what changed.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #698 on: September 09, 2009, 09:26:04 PM »
the general consensus is that I'm scummy, annoying, and generally a good lynch even if I am Town, right?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #699 on: September 09, 2009, 09:42:08 PM »
the general consensus is that I'm scummy
This is the only part that really matters, but the other two are sort of extras.

Still don't feel like roleclaiming?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #700 on: September 09, 2009, 09:42:27 PM »
EBWOP: Or are you holding to your VT claim from D1? >_>

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #701 on: September 09, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »
EBWOP: Or are you holding to your VT claim from D1? >_>

Yes. If my death would really clear things up, I would be glad to selfhammer.

Also possibility that Serp may have Doc'd Edible up, considering his thoughts on Rou and Edible.

Or he could've Doc'd Rou up!

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #702 on: September 09, 2009, 09:45:16 PM »
I'm relatively sure I'd given Sodium the out before you said that your main suspicion was a Sodium/Edible team. That's why I'm uncertain what changed.

I considered during the night.

I REALLY didn't like that out.

the general consensus is that I'm scummy, annoying, and generally a good lynch even if I am Town, right?

I'm not voting you am I? I wish you'd be USEFUL town though.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #703 on: September 09, 2009, 09:52:52 PM »
Why in the world would Serp use a doc shot on me?

Thoughts and general ability to contribute pending not getting utterly swamped at work.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #704 on: September 09, 2009, 10:24:44 PM »
KGH: You're scummy for not scumhunting. One suspicion is that you don't feel compelled to scumhunt because you are the last Scum and can't BS a case as well knowing this. Whether Scum or Town, you gotta go through the motions of scumhunting. Zengar didn't and was lynched fairly quickly for that. You do understand that you're doing the same thing right?

It's also not that you're annoying, but because you are not contributing meaningfully. That effectively makes you dead weight as a player, but you could be Town or Scum either way which is where you become a liability. If this were LYLO, this would be a serious problem. But Town essentially has one mislynch to give and you're the weakest link. I took the time to reread you and felt that little things that might go in your favor (Sodium attacking you early in the game) are not enough to clear your behavior of random questioning and weak voting history.

The hardest part about the whole deal is that with it looking like there are only 3 Scum in this setup and 2 have been dead for awhile, no one is noticably suspicious for wanting you dead if you're Town. The last scum only has to cover for himself/herself and can just as easily make an argument of wanting you dead (because you'd be dangerous to leave alive in LYLO) or defending for you (looks like they have good judgment when they see an expected Town flip). You're in the unique situation of being at the wrong end of the gun barrel, so tell us what you think about all of us who are wanting or waiting for you to die. Town will take your words into consideration afterwards if you are indeed a Townie. If you don't provide any insight, your death will have been nothing more than a waste of time.

Kiro

« Reply #705 on: September 09, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »
I also didn't really think about Rou's worry about UK, but it may be worth looking into. And I realized KGH flipping Town also would not make UK look that good given how she got on him early Day 1. I'm slightly worried that her actions from the middle of Day 1 to the end of Day 2 look too good, while her initial votes in Day 3 and Day 4 are kind of "huh" especially her Edible vote today when it should be reasonable to assume Edible was set to die by the end of today anyways. She missed a few things like Sodium in Day 1 and mentioned Zengar waffling twice, but didn't take action till she was conveniently prompted to do so.

Perhaps I'm clearing her too quickly. Need to reread some of these points again tonight.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #706 on: September 09, 2009, 11:19:36 PM »
If KGH flips town I'll have fucking told you so. But whatever.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #707 on: September 10, 2009, 12:35:45 AM »
Hi I'm Sariel, Mafia Goon  Angel of Death. I have the power to kill people when their votes are at a majority!

Only two players I am convinced of Town are Rou and Kiro. Kiro's playstyle seems very townie-like, especially with the goading of me to provide answers. Even more so now that Serp flipped Doc! Doubt Rou's a SK because of his lack of Day 2 kill.

Edible doesn't count because he is already dead.

Don't like Pesco for doing nothing and basically saying "WOOHOO STEAMROLL." So called good posts seem like bus attempts now that I read it again. Agreeing onto a bandwagon for townie intent, even! Switching to me when Scum wagon is WOOHOOING is really odd because he seems to blatantly follow. Scum move for self-preservation in the long run? Seems likely because it is obvious that a case will be built on me and he would not be suspicious for hopping on. But why no reasons?

Feel like clearing Kilga but the fact that he likes to switch to me out of Scumwagons is disheartening. Dislike the fact that he rushes to Sodium's defense after Edi's fakeclaim with IMO a pretty bad defense. I don't believe meta is the only factor there. The switch back seems like a preservation vote for ScumKilga, but it go either way. TownKilga would have every incentive to go there as well. Heart says yes, Head says wait a moment.

Don't believe Edi is a Bulletproof. If he was, he would've claimed that when it was obvious that Rou was going to shoot him the day before.

UK is really odd. ScumUK would want to keep Walking WIFOM Dispenser Alive. She's been right on both Wagons. Very gutsy Scum move but it has huge rewards in town cred form. Neutral right now. Point of interest is "previous scum interactions." Wouldn't know what those are because I'm a Vanilla Townie, but maybe the one who said it could elaborate?

In conclusion 

##VOTE KHORNEISH GAME HEN

HAHA PSYCHE

but really ##VOTE PESCO

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #708 on: September 10, 2009, 12:59:45 AM »
UK is really odd. ScumUK would want to keep Walking WIFOM Dispenser Alive. She's been right on both Wagons. Very gutsy Scum move but it has huge rewards in town cred form. Neutral right now. Point of interest is "previous scum interactions." Wouldn't know what those are because I'm a Vanilla Townie, but maybe the one who said it could elaborate?

Obviously, how the flipped scum have handled you and interacted with you. Duh.

So, yeah...I guess I'll do that reread of Kilga and Pesco now.

Kiro

« Reply #709 on: September 10, 2009, 01:01:41 AM »
Um, so is Angel of Death with "the power to kill people when their votes are at a majority" an actual power role or are you still claiming to be Vanilla Townie at the bottom of your post?

Condescend me, this one's a little confusing to me.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #710 on: September 10, 2009, 01:05:55 AM »
Um, so is Angel of Death with "the power to kill people when their votes are at a majority" an actual power role or are you still claiming to be Vanilla Townie at the bottom of your post?

Condescend me, this one's a little confusing to me.

Vanilla Townie~

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #711 on: September 10, 2009, 01:12:56 AM »
...And with that one post, you've produced more of use than every other post you've made in the game so far.

Still, I'm wondering if this is a case of Too Little, Too Late. This post proves you're capable to displaying logical, well-thought out opinions, so why did you fail to show any of this for the first four days?

Kiro

« Reply #712 on: September 10, 2009, 01:17:32 AM »
Ok. Saves me the trouble of typing something about power role balance that would have been irrelevant.

Rou: *shrug* It's not like he's cleared. But he's not going to roll over and die now and if the discussion leads to the correct lynch today, Town can't complain.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #713 on: September 10, 2009, 01:20:29 AM »
UK: The way you worded it was strange, but I can see your thought more clearly now.

Rou: Mind telling us who's more scummy instead of poking about my playstyle?

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #714 on: September 10, 2009, 01:23:59 AM »
EDWOPPO: Should be "who is the scummiest"

Sorry Rou-chan~

« Reply #715 on: September 10, 2009, 01:37:06 AM »
The "Another" Votecount.

Edible?: Uncertain Kitten (L-3)
Khorneish Game Hen: Kilgamayan, Pesco, Roukanken (L-1)
Pesco: Khorneish Game Hen (L-3)

Heniwac is about the fly the coop at L-1
also, Computer fixed~
[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:21:27 AM by Zakeri »

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #716 on: September 10, 2009, 01:38:27 AM »
Is Pesco really at L-1

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #717 on: September 10, 2009, 01:39:46 AM »
I am going to hate doing this. But, Kilga:

Kilga talks about the VT claim for page 3...

No Kilga til page 6...

Rereading Kilga's first analysis post, it's not as bad as I thought it was.

But it's interesting at this point KGH is making newbie mistakes according to Kilga

Joke about pesco, defending attack on Zengar. Pretty normal townie stuff.

213 is funny

So far as of page 10 I'm seeing a fairly townie progression.

(Which is hilarious cause I thought it was scummy before, and that Kilga was scum with Zengar :S)

349 is intriguing. Starts wagon on Sodium. Which is good townie cred.

More sodium die as of page 14...

If Sodium flips scum KGH is almost assuredly town.

More previous stance fun. This is 436.

Kilga never does give us that assessment of Rou's reaction to the Edible lie detector thing on page 16. He sticks on Sodium though.

509 pokes Seniwac and Edible but stays firm on Sodium. Of course, he could be riding the bus he started at this point, not expecting it to lead this far. Overall it feels like he's town so far though.

Argh. The more I think about this the less sure I am of myself and the more people I add to my overall suspect pool. I think there's only one person in this game right now that's not me that I wouldn't vote for for some reason and that's pissing me off greatly.

Curious who that was :P

(518)

but the problem with 518 is it feels like a last minute protection of Sodium to kill the easily mislynched Seniwac...I don't like it. He also never followed through on it.

535 is the only possible answer after Serp's claim.

547 starts the day contradicting 518

554 doesn't jibe with future actions.

Dammit, this series of posts practically has me paranoid about 4 scum with a Kilga Edible pair. ARGH.

580 jumps off KGH again.

610 WIFOM irritates me

615 as well

Random Alice push on page 22. Almost to giant space flea from nowhere levels.

669 is interesting, and a flip from Seniwac is misguided town (again)

Ok, I'm leaning Kilga town. The distressing posts of D3 and D4 only make sense if Kilga is tied to someone, impossible assuming three scum.

So, that leaves a pesco reread.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #718 on: September 10, 2009, 01:43:42 AM »
I dislike the increasing number of cases involving me that mention what the heart says. How the hell am I supposed to defend myself from the heart I mean seriously <_<

Seniwac's post is noted but it's a Too Little Too Late sitch like Roukan said.

Cut by UK which I'll address in a moment.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #719 on: September 10, 2009, 01:52:29 AM »
If I had to call it now, it'd probably be KGH followed distantly by Pesco. I agree he's been uncharacteristically quiet this round, but on Day 1 he was already going for both of the confirmed scum.

The whole 'Kilga jumping away from wagons' point is sort of weird. Swinging away from one buddy is risky. Two is suicidal. It's more glaring in the case of D2 - if he wanted to stay away from Sodium, why didn't he just keep up his attack on Seniwac from the day before? Thus I'm not really convinced by that line of reasoning.

Kiro is, well, Kiro. Nothing to complain about, really.

So yeah, still pretty happy with a KGH lynch right now. One good post doesn't really make up for FOUR DAYS of uselessness - in fact, it makes them look even worse.