Author Topic: Communication Breakdance (Game Over! Town win)  (Read 80759 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Communication Breakdance (Day 3, Enjoy~)
« Reply #630 on: September 05, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »
Would it make more sense for Rou to target me tonight and lynch Alice, or lynch me and target Alice?
Shouldn't make any difference unless one of you is BP/GF. Based on that I don't like how you brought it up.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #631 on: September 05, 2009, 07:43:44 PM »
Shouldn't make any difference unless one of you is BP/GF. Based on that I don't like how you brought it up.

That is why I brought it up - I hate to introduce even more unnecessary WIFOM, but I know I'm neither bulletproof nor a godfather, yet my demise will assist town in the end either way.

Rou, does your ability work if you're NKed?  Have you confirmed it with Zakeri?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #632 on: September 05, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »
That is why I brought it up - I hate to introduce even more unnecessary WIFOM, but I know I'm neither bulletproof nor a godfather, yet my demise will assist town in the end either way.
Here's the thing - we don't. And we can hardly take your word for it.

Rou, does your ability work if you're NKed?  Have you confirmed it with Zakeri?
I assumed so, but if you want I'll confirm.

Edible

« Reply #633 on: September 05, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »
Here's the thing - we don't. And we can hardly take your word for it.

Reasonable point.  I guess it doesn't matter in the end.

And thanks for confirming.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #634 on: September 05, 2009, 08:29:57 PM »
Mod confirmation - people die when I am killed.[/shirou]

So yes, it still hits even if I die on the phase I use it.

« Reply #635 on: September 06, 2009, 02:31:01 AM »
No Vote Change.

about 25 or 26 hours left in the day.

Seniwac has been prodded.
I'm giving him until day is resolved to announce intention to vote.
if natural deadline occurs without a post, I'm much more likely to modkill him than find a replacement, since replacements at this late in the game are headaches for everyone.
If I do wind up modkilling him, it will not come with punishments to his team aside from obviously having one less body on his team's side.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #636 on: September 06, 2009, 02:58:57 AM »
Oh man Mafia

Don't like Edible case. Don't see why Scumdible would've said "no result" instead of superbussing. Feel he's town due to his intent on the fakeclaim, even though his conclusions were false. Tossing in the towel doesn't ring any bells on my totally deficient scumalarm. "LYNCH ME PLZ" doesn't seem totally scummy and not conducive to a Scum Victory at all. This is of course, assuming 10/3 setup.

Kitten does seem suspicious from Day 1 LOLTUNNEL and Day 2 "Hey I'm not going to tunnel so I'm not going to contribute" Not planning to vote for this one because of Rou's claim. As much as I hate to say this, I believe waiting until the next day would be the best course of action. If Kitten dies, we can clear Rou. If not, we can press Rou.

A-Mo hasn't been contributing much, so suspicion there. Whatever was contributed wasn't really original thought, just parroting others.  Catch-up post incoming ,though. Want to refrain from voting A-Mo until this comes.

UK seems town, but I have this annoying gut suspicion that she's superbussing her other scummates. Perhaps this is because her reasons for voting others were pretty much the same as Kiro/Kilga/everyone else. Rationality tells me the opposite thought. She was right on both scumwagons.

Don't see why my lynch would be beneficial. If I am so full of WIFOM and difficulty to pin relations with, why would lynching me provide any information other than flip? Unless flip is the only information you want. Again, stating that I am a Vanilla Townie.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #637 on: September 06, 2009, 03:02:14 AM »
EDWOP: I feel ambivalent towards the cases posed. Won't vote until a stellar reason presents itself. Even though I feel Edible is town, I may hammer if a good reason presents itself. Which it hasn't IMO.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #638 on: September 06, 2009, 03:03:56 AM »
UK seems town, but I have this annoying gut suspicion that she's superbussing her other scummates. Perhaps this is because her reasons for voting others were pretty much the same as Kiro/Kilga/everyone else. Rationality tells me the opposite thought. She was right on both scumwagons.

Previous games of mine as scum would show this to be a valid concern. But, it's not accurate :P.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #639 on: September 06, 2009, 05:03:53 AM »
So Seniwac posts a bunch of player assessments that end with no desire to vote for any of today's viable lynch candidates. That's wonderfully useless.

##Unvote: Edible
##Vote: Alice Margatroid

I find myself second-guessing myself on Edible, as I believe a larger percentage of his strangeness can be chalked up to zealous townie mistakes than Alice, who has next-to-nothing going in his favor right now. Suwako being nowhere near any important case in the later stages of Day 1 looks ugly and Kiro has already gone over the Alice/Sodium interaction on Day 2. Today...what is there to say, really? One contentless post. No vote, no suspicions, no nothing except for a promise for a real post that is closing in on 24 hours of being unfulfilled.

I think at this juncture I would rather have Roukan target Seniwac tonight and us lynch Edible tomorrow if everything shakes down as the surface suggests it will, though this is subject to change via discussion.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #640 on: September 06, 2009, 07:10:38 AM »
Oh hey, it's almost 24 hours since I last posted. I don't have anything to add at the moment since there's the lack of Alice's promised post.

Edible

« Reply #641 on: September 06, 2009, 09:51:34 AM »
the lack of Alice's promised post.

May as well make myself at least somewhat useful.

##vote Alice Margatroid

« Reply #642 on: September 06, 2009, 10:13:51 AM »
The "uncreative title" votecount

Kitten4u: Kilgamayan, Alice Margatroid, Kiro, Roukanken (L-5)
Edible?: Kitten4U, UncertainKitten, Roukanken, Pesco, Kilgamayan (L-2)
Roukanken: UncertainKitten (L-6)
Khorneish Game Hen: Serpentarius (L-5)
Alice Margatroid: Kiro, Kilgamayan, Edible?, Khorneish Game Hen (L-2)

Edible is no longer at L-1, though he's still in first place.
Also, Seniwac is no longer in threat of modkill.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 06:45:10 PM by Zakeri »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #643 on: September 06, 2009, 12:01:11 PM »
Seconding (Thirding? Fourthing) the general rage at Alice failing to produce his promised post. Perfectly happy with either an Edible or an Alice lynch at this point.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #644 on: September 06, 2009, 12:26:30 PM »
Seconding (Thirding? Fourthing) the general rage at Alice failing to produce his promised post. Perfectly happy with either an Edible or an Alice lynch at this point.

So who do you believe is more scummY?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #645 on: September 06, 2009, 12:42:36 PM »
So who do you believe is more scummY?
Edible was scummier going into the day, with the gambit from yesterday followed by his immediate surrender. Alice has grown scummier as the day went on due to his severe lack of content throughout.

I'll admit that one of my big problems is that my scum-o-meter runs on Boolean - people are either scummy or they aren't. I don't really have any preference right now between Alice and Edible, because both of them are doing absolutely nothing to convince me that they're Town - Edible by dropping dead and Alice by not existing at all. The main reason I'd prefer to lynch Edible ahead of Alice, though, is that the latter's disappearance could be explained by circumstance - he literally hasn't been online since his last post. Hence I'd prefer to lynch Edible today and deal with Alice tomorrow. Or even tonight, if enough people support the idea.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #646 on: September 06, 2009, 12:54:51 PM »
Well lynches don't happen without votes and Seniwac isn't putting one down.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #647 on: September 06, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »

I propose Haiku Off!

##VOTE ARI_MARGO

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #648 on: September 06, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »

I propose Haiku Off!

##VOTE ARI_MARGO

I propose fuck no. Those only exist for the mod's amusement and effectively cut our chances of catching scum in half, and make it even worse if the scum IS up for lynch and sufficiently more clever than the townie.

I'd rather go all or nothing with an outright lynch and see if we can get any bandwagon analysis out of it.

Not sure what to think of AMo. I've kinda gotten used to him being...not there, so it's harder for me to read him well...I could do a reread later today, but I doubt it'd take more than 10 minutes or if I'd find anything of interest besides wastes of posts.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #649 on: September 06, 2009, 02:30:32 PM »

I propose Haiku Off!

##VOTE ARI_MARGO

Tonight we eat chicken kthnx

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #650 on: September 06, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
I'm fine with either an Edible or an Alice lynch as well.  They're scummy for basically the same reasons in my opinion (being lurky and defending now confirmed scum).
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

« Reply #651 on: September 06, 2009, 06:46:22 PM »
Votecount above is updated.

There's a tie between Edible and Alice now. You've all got a little over 9 hours left.

« Reply #652 on: September 06, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »
five and a half hours.

Everyone is modkilled for inactivity, no one wins If you all have nothing left to say, at least hammer someone so I don't have to stay up until midnight to host a Haiku contest.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #653 on: September 06, 2009, 10:36:09 PM »
Serp, now might be a good time to vote for a train that will actually go somewhere.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #654 on: September 06, 2009, 11:32:25 PM »
Taking final orders on who you guys want me to hit tonight.

Alice still hasn't been online since his last post. I'm more worried that he's inactive than lurking.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #655 on: September 06, 2009, 11:45:06 PM »
Whichever of Edible and Alice doesn't get lynched.

Kiro

« Reply #656 on: September 07, 2009, 12:34:54 AM »
Whether Alice is inactive or not, I think the case on him is still the strongest out of people that we aren't postponing judgment on (K4U, and Rou to an extent). Suwako made some questionable statements and Alice has made almost no statements. His #548 in Day 3 has him voting K4U (fair target), and mentioning myself (arguably fair enough at the time, but also wanted MORE input from me, wat), and Pesco (looks like an unfounded gut suspicion without mentioning a few of Pesco's blemishes). Case on K4U is reasonable, although potentially hypocritical when you read the reasoning. Can't say I get a good vibe from that post now.

I really don't know what else to say except that I want to see Alice lynched today and I'm moderately hopeful the game would end right then rather than wait till Night 4 (or later if for some reason the nightvig doesn't work). Edible's actions are more likely to be that of a Townie than Alice's. Simple as that. For those of you still on Edible's wagon, you tell me why Edible is more worthy of being lynched than Alice. Giving Alice a chance to defend himself doesn't work anymore because we have. Over 24 hours. If Alice says he will commit yet doesn't, then the evidence stands as-is and I think it outweighs the case against Edible.

I concur with Kilga's post above me. Hell, whatever Alice's roleclaim is should not deter you because at this point, I have no more sympathy for his last minute roleclaims as Scum and it is reasonably possible he is inactive lurking to stay alive (I did that in that one game I replaced Scum Jan-san in, especially because I had that 24 hour post restriction).

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #657 on: September 07, 2009, 12:49:21 AM »
Edible's actions are more likely to be that of a Townie than Alice's. Simple as that. For those of you still on Edible's wagon, you tell me why Edible is more worthy of being lynched than Alice.
Neither of them are really producing any suspicions of use at this point. The difference is that there's a possibility Alice is doing it because of circumstance - assuming that he's deliberately avoiding conversation is a pretty big gamble when he could just be getting held up by real life. Edible has been posting and all he's been saying is 'yeah I'm sorry, mind hitting me tonight?' Leaves a bad taste of BP, RB or even GF in the mouth.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #658 on: September 07, 2009, 01:06:01 AM »
##Unvote: Khorneish Game Hen
##Vote: Alice Margatroid
  (L-1)

I only have a moment here at the computer, and I might not be in again before the deadline, so I'll break the tie.  Of the two, Alice seems more likely to be scum.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Kiro

« Reply #659 on: September 07, 2009, 01:07:35 AM »
Well Edible offered to be lynched first in #589 before the possible WIFOM regarding who would get targeted by you popped up. Unless he's unlynchable Scum (not fucking possible), that's about as extreme a WIFOM he could hope to pull as Scum. Pretty much, he'd have to hope a better case came up than his AND any sort of immunity he may have must also be active while he goes out and performs an NK attempt. I think that'd be pretty imba scum.