Author Topic: Communication Breakdance (Game Over! Town win)  (Read 80835 times)

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
Re: Communication Breakdance (Daybreak)
« Reply #330 on: August 30, 2009, 01:22:10 AM »
jesus christ Zengar did you actually claim Scum when prompted?

holy shit. I think the facepalm I just made could be heard from outer space.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #331 on: August 30, 2009, 01:23:39 AM »
jesus christ Zengar did you actually claim Scum when prompted?

holy shit. I think the facepalm I just made could be heard from outer space.

What could else could he have claimed that might make him look better?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #332 on: August 30, 2009, 01:43:04 AM »
Anything?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #333 on: August 30, 2009, 01:44:00 AM »
It's no different than a self-hammer, really.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #334 on: August 30, 2009, 01:48:47 AM »
Anything?

But how would you react if he claimed Cop and his reasoning for abstaining was that he wanted to investigate people over night?

how would you react to that?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #335 on: August 30, 2009, 01:53:31 AM »
That's normally not what people mean by a roleclaim, but etc.

Actually, I'm tempted to call that one staged.  Zengar wasn't good at blending in, but I would hope he knew better than that - especially with scum daytalk backing him up.

With that in mind I'm going to say something edgy and controversial.  Kitten4u, I've seen you active fairly constantly tonight, but you only posted to hammer Zengar.  What have you been waiting on?

Also, I see HAMMER SHUT UP has been abandoned.  Oh well.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #336 on: August 30, 2009, 01:54:10 AM »
Gah, I had a game related post ready to go, but it's now Twilight.

@Mod: Are we allowed to talk about ongoing events in Twilight? The rules don't make that quite clear as they only mention votes and unvotes not counting.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #337 on: August 30, 2009, 01:55:33 AM »
Twilight.
My heart skipped for a second.  Then I realized which Twilight you were talking about.

@Mod: Are we allowed to talk about ongoing events in Twilight? The rules don't make that quite clear as they only mention votes and unvotes not counting.
If not, there are a lot of modkills to be passed around.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #338 on: August 30, 2009, 01:56:20 AM »
With that in mind I'm going to say something edgy and controversial.  Kitten4u, I've seen you active fairly constantly tonight, but you only posted to hammer Zengar.  What have you been waiting on?

I'm going to wait until we know that we can talk about game related stuff during twilight before I answer.  If we can't I'll answer this first thing D2.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2009, 01:57:08 AM »
Quote from: Zakeri
4. Once a majority is reached, I will ignore all subsequent votes and unvotes and the day will end with that person's death. You may talk during twilight.
Go.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #340 on: August 30, 2009, 02:03:19 AM »
Ah, alrighty.  It seemed like the main reason the people that found KGH town was based on gut and that was very hard for me to work with.  While some other reasons were offered I felt it really came down to that, so I basically had no idea what to say and I was trying to think of ways to get people to go for the lynch I wanted.  Naturally, when Zengar claimed scum I saw no reason to not hammer since, while I didn't think he was as scummy as KGH, I did think he was scummy. 
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #341 on: August 30, 2009, 02:04:45 AM »
I've got a query. Why was my not-case on UK the only pro-town thing I've ever done?

Are you implying that UK is scummy there?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2009, 02:06:41 AM »
Ah, alrighty.  It seemed like the main reason the people that found KGH town was based on gut and that was very hard for me to work with.  While some other reasons were offered I felt it really came down to that, so I basically had no idea what to say and I was trying to think of ways to get people to go for the lynch I wanted.  Naturally, when Zengar claimed scum I saw no reason to not hammer since, while I didn't think he was as scummy as KGH, I did think he was scummy.
That works for now.  Thank you!

« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2009, 02:07:54 AM »
The "You may shut up now." Votecount

EX Na2O2 (L-6): Pesco, Uµ
Suwako J. Moriya (L-7): Kiro
Kiro (L-7): Suwako J. Moriya
(L-7):  Khorneish Game Hen
Khorneish Game Hen(L-5): , Serpentarius, Uncertain Kitten, Suwako J. Moriya, Kitten4u, Ex Na2O2, Kilgamayan
Hizengar Byakuren (L-0): Kilgamayan, Uµ, Kiro, Kilgamayan, Pesco, Uncertain Kitten, Roukanken, Edible?, EX Na2O2, Kitten4U
Pesco (L-7): EX Na2O2, Kilgamayan
Edible (L-6): Kitten4u, Khorneish Game Hen
Kilgamayan (L-7):Hizengar Byakuren
UncertainKitten (L-6): UncertainKitten, Ex Na2O2, Khorneish Game Hen, Suwako J. Moriya
Serpentarius (L-6): Suwako J. Moriya, Uµ, hizengar Byakuren

Hizengar has been Lynched. He was Chiyuri Kitashiwakawa, Of Gensokyo a Mafia Goon.

It is now Night 1. Please send in all night actions if you have any.

Alice Officially Replaces Suwako J. Moriya now.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 02:37:46 AM by Zakeri »

Re: Communication Breakdance (NightMend)
« Reply #344 on: August 30, 2009, 02:37:10 AM »
The Arguing, never ending, flowed back and forth between two suspects. The identities known as Seniwac and Zengar, the latter of which apparently is dressing up like the identity known as EX Na2O2.

Suddenly, Chen Yakumo, who had been sleeping in the corner all day snapped wide awake, Stood up, and pointed towards Zengar. In an Alien, Male voice, she spoke. "Vote: Zengar!" The tower soon toppled on him, as he was brought to L-1 and told to Claim. So he did.

"I ... Am Chiyuri! And it's wrong, what you're doing! Taking control of other humans, dictating their lives just for your own comfort! Do you even realize what you're doing to these poor people!? I saw myself. Another Me. From another world outside Gensokyo. She was being controled, manipulated by the Red Haired woman. I Could never stand living a life like that! I know how these people feel, and what you evil Youkai do to them is horrible! You. should. be. a-shamed."

The group took a step back. They looked upon themselves. Then turned back towards Zengar. Their only reply: "Umm ... no."

They took Zengar, marched him to the Ruins of the Gensokyo Danmaku Tournament, and locked him inside. The ruins glowed as the door shut, and the ruins floated into the air. They zoomed off into the sky, to some far away planet.

"Nooooo!" Another Chiyuri Cried. "And we had just found our ship!"
"This is your fault for taking too long!" Yumemi Shouted to her Assistant.

The two were left crying in the distance as the Group returned to the meeting hall.

"By the way, Chen, Thanks!"

Chen Yakumo looked down at her red dress. She felt her green hat. She then spoke in her alien voice again. "Ahh, geez. I need to go change. And my Name's not Chen, it's Roukanken." He stormed off in the other direction to find a new set of clothing.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #345 on: August 30, 2009, 03:25:23 AM »
Chiyuri Kitashiwakawa, Of Gensokyo
What is this Chiyuri Kitashiwakawa? I don't know any Chiyuri Kitasiwakawa. Perhaps you mean Chiyuri Kitashirakawa, Yumemi's Assistant, whom most of us would happen to know (and have recently sent back off into space~)
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »
Everyone Woke up. That was an overstatement, however, since one person was missing this morning.

"Hey! Someone's not here!"

"Who is it?"

"Umu..."

"The person, or the Moe sound effect?"

It later turned out it was both. As uµ was later found fallen over, and white as a sheet. As if she had seen a ghost. Or was a ghost. You can't really tell. You search her body for belongings, except you couldn't find any. No Magic Spellbooks, No Magic Wands, No Brooms, not even a Giant Tank. You especially know there's no Giant Tank, because one would not be hard to spot. Most importantly, however, She was robbed of a Girl's most identifying icon - Her hat. Or Ribbon. Or Tank.

uµ was killed last night. He was
A Person who had the ability to Do something ... maybe.

Day 2 officially begins, and will end Sept. 3, 11:00 A.M. EST

*brought to you 10 minutes earlier, because I'm nice. And Tired.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #347 on: August 31, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »
Alright, I'm going to assume Umu got janned.

Well, the first thing I want to say is:

##Vote: Kitten4u

You were pretty adamant on lynching KGH yesterday, to the point where the Zengar case was pretty much entirely non-existent to you. Looking at it, I'm seeing one reference to the Zengar case before the scumclaim. What made KGH so scummy and Zengar so uninteresting?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Communication Breakdance (oops! Day broke again. Day 2)
« Reply #348 on: August 31, 2009, 03:09:21 PM »
I actually need a reread.

I'll get to it some time in between writing my philosophy essay.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #349 on: August 31, 2009, 03:36:55 PM »
So there's a Janitor, huh? That's irritating. Hopefully it's limited-shot.

I have a sneaking suspicion one of Edible and UK bussed Zenger (if not both) but nothing in particular to support it beyond Edible's lurkiness and Suwako's prods against UK. Much as I hate to say it, call this one a gut feeling.

Reasons for disliking Seniwac have not changed.

Alice didn't post once before the hammer dropped. Obvscum.

##Vote: Sodium Peroxide

Holy shit this guy had a FUCKTON of "Zengar you're very suspicious!" and "oh hey I'm gonna vote Zengar soon!" throughout Day 1. It's actually pretty hilarious to go back and see just how much cheerleading he was doing for the Zengar train while sticking to Seniwac despite having better stated reasons to vote for Zengar (and the opportunity to be a swing vote late in the day!). He only voted for Zengar when Edible pushed Zengar ahead of Seniwac while time is running out so he gets no town credit for that.

Also worth noting: Zengar's one comment about Sodium was in the dreaded Day 1 Wall O' 'Pinions and it wasn't even an actual opinion about Sodium.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #350 on: August 31, 2009, 03:42:12 PM »
I'm going to have to do some re-reading and thinking because Zengar's last post confuses me a lot.  Question, is it possible to view people's posts in isolation?  I'd like to do that, but I can't find anything that would let me.

I've got a query. Why was my not-case on UK the only pro-town thing I've ever done?

Are you implying that UK is scummy there?

Answering this now since Zakeri told us to stop talking before I posted before.  It just looked like the only bit of genuine scum hunting to me.  Most of your other questions felt extremely reactional and I still don't think you really did anything with them, so I still consider them "trying to look like you're scum hunting when you're really not." 

Well, the first thing I want to say is:

##Vote: Kitten4u

You were pretty adamant on lynching KGH yesterday, to the point where the Zengar case was pretty much entirely non-existent to you. Looking at it, I'm seeing one reference to the Zengar case before the scumclaim. What made KGH so scummy and Zengar so uninteresting?

I made one other reference, but yeah I was tunneling on KGH pretty badly.  Zengar was on my scumdar since that post was made, I just found KGH a lot scummier for reasons I outlined here.  Overall, I considered trying to make himself look newbish (esspecially since it looks like he tried to use it as a defense once), what I think is a slip and just generally doing nothing that gave me any reason to think he was town made me want to lynch him over Zengar. 
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #351 on: August 31, 2009, 03:50:35 PM »
Condescending explanation: Sodium Peroxide is scummy for repeatedly agreeing with cases on a flipped scum but never actually putting his vote down on that flipped scum until they were doomed despite having better stated reasons to vote for this flipped scum than the guy he was voting. This strongly suggests he was searching for townie credit by agreeing with a case on someone that would eventually flip scum if they died while holding out hope that the Seniwac case would push through in the end.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #352 on: August 31, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »
I'm going to have to do some re-reading and thinking because Zengar's last post confuses me a lot.  Question, is it possible to view people's posts in isolation?  I'd like to do that, but I can't find anything that would let me.
Go into a member's profile and choose 'Show Posts'. You might have some people with stuff sticking out outside of mafia, but it's as close as you can hope to get.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #353 on: August 31, 2009, 03:56:25 PM »
Or used the Advanced Search function to search for a given user's posts and restrict the search to this forum.

You may still get non-game posts but the litter will be far less prevalent.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #354 on: August 31, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »
##Vote: Sodium Peroxide

Holy shit this guy had a FUCKTON of "Zengar you're very suspicious!" and "oh hey I'm gonna vote Zengar soon!" throughout Day 1. It's actually pretty hilarious to go back and see just how much cheerleading he was doing for the Zengar train while sticking to Seniwac despite having better stated reasons to vote for Zengar (and the opportunity to be a swing vote late in the day!). He only voted for Zengar when Edible pushed Zengar ahead of Seniwac while time is running out so he gets no town credit for that.

True that. Using a move scumPesco used before is just plain stupid.

##Vote Sodium

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #355 on: August 31, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »
Hi there. Going to reread sodium before I hope of the wagon of AWESSOOOOOOOOME!

Further, I really hope it's just a janitor. There's a role I made once that was a great deal worse than a janitor that had a similar effect. The difference being it was passive not active. As long as they were alive people sent to the graveyard did not have role revealed. I used it on MS in a mini theme once. I don't remember if Zak was in it or not, so it might not be germane...I'm just putting out other possibilities (and giving future mods some ideas ^-^)

But yeah, Sodium, reread, GOOOOOOOO!

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #356 on: August 31, 2009, 05:55:03 PM »
First serious post is 90, the whole vote for me. Somewhat fair. I'd like to state it's not like he said anything about the roleclaim before that either. Though he might not of been around.

96 is more about me. Also where we get the "I didn't wanna vote seniwac cause he had votes already!"

So far, nothing overtly scummy, just observing.

144 is intriguing. He doesn't outright say anything like I'm less scummy, but he implies it, but in a way that allows him to switch back if he likes. At least that's how I read it. We get the usual L-2 disclaimer, vote for Seni...despite the fact he just called Edible suspicious in the first sentence? I wanna file that away for future futureness.

and Zengar...well, what I said was mainly a warning to him to TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE. But yeah, he's probably second in terms of scumminess actually, but I am giving him a slight newbie leniency.

This isn't critical from 150 yet, but it's the start of what Kilga's talking about.

Also, Edible is more explained, so forget that earlier note.

2. Edible is useless in that he isn't posting anything that resembles analysis when we know he can. Zengar is useless in that he's... tunneling and waffling on his tunnel target. It just doesn't work, and it's horrible.

3. Both. I do think he's scum, but I'll admit that part of my vote is also because he's annoying, acceptable loss, etc. Mostly the scum part though(65/35 perhaps(although the annoyance part is still a bit big...))

Quite a condemnation but a nice poke against Seni to keep his vote alive...This is post 152

Gotta agree with Kilga on Zengar's post.

Post 165 is the L-1 thingy he got called out on plus an intent to vote Zengar without actually ever doing it...

237 is coming closer to "well, Zengar's scum but I still won't vote him, raaaaaaaargh Seniwac"

Zengar needs to post. Scum trying to hide for the rest of the day? This isn't giving me good feelings, as when he made some half-decent posts, he disappears.

I really wish I had noticed this earlier. WHAT half decent posts!?

Between Seniwac and Zengar, I'm staying on Seniwac for now. Zengar is bugging me a lot with is absence though, as I said before. I'll give him until 6 hours before deadline.

Uh huh...

288 is seriously "Focus...focus...try to pat Zengar while ignoring him...must kill Seni...not scumbuddy..."

It's a Miracle! In 317, Sodium! Votes! Zengar! AFter talking about him ALL GAME without action.

Also, anyone else notice most of his posts were about Zengar and seniwac, with a slight poke at Chen and answering a few questions Umu asked? Yeeeeeeah.

Ok...with daytalk, I'm half tempted to say that the claiming scum AFTER sodium voted was a gambit. But it really could have been a ridiculously newb mistake. In the end, I can't be sure, but Sodiums track record is really worth a vote at this point. Though I wanna reread one of my earlier posts before I do that. Don't worry, it'll take me like 3 minutes.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #357 on: August 31, 2009, 05:57:55 PM »
As I thought, I saw connections to Zengar. However, I think Sodium's connections are far stronger than what I saw between Kilga and Zen. OF course, I do keep Kilga as a potential suspect just in case.

But with that, ##Vote Sodium

that's the third vote, and L-FuckifIknowGIVEUSAVOTECOUNTZAK

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #358 on: August 31, 2009, 06:12:04 PM »
Alright, since everyone's so against Sodium, I gave him a reread. Here's what I've got:

NOT TALKING ABOUT ROLECLAIM IS SRS BZNS.
UK is wishy washy, but KGH is just as bad.
You didn't ask KGH whether he was a good player. SCUMMY.
Edible is producing nothing but I WON'T VOTE HIM. Mentions Zengar looking bad at the end of his long list of suspicions.
Unaware of the fact that scum could daytalk in this game. This is, in my opinion, the most interesting excerpt from him, replying to UK here.
Firstly, why was UK so insistent on bringing up 'BTW scum can daytalk so putting KGH to L-2 is bad'? Secondly, can we determine whether Sodium honestly forgot about daytalk? If he did then he's pretty much clear because scum would obviously know, but unless I can get some PescoHax in here I can't be sure.
Admits that he's voting KGH partially because he's annoy, though he does think he's scum. Finds Edible worse than Zengar for not producing at all.
Calls on Zengar to claim and supports his lynch, but doesn't move his vote. Also worth considering, since if Sodium was actually scum, Zengar would probably take this as guidance and have claimed there and then; and I doubt that Mafiosi would be that keen on forcing their teammates to claim.
SCUMHUNT KGH, PLEASE
Again, calls on KGH to produce some hunting.
SUDDEN MASSIVE CASE ON ZENGAR.

Overall, Sodium's reaction to Zengar is probably what's going to make or break this case. He could simply be a Townie tunneling KGH, since as well as Zengar he had plenty to see about people like Edible, or he could be making a deliberate effort to avoid voting his buddy. I'd like to see more from him before I make a conclusion, but the only thing stopping me from writing him off as a misguided Townie is his sudden turn on Zengar at the end of the day.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #359 on: August 31, 2009, 06:18:45 PM »
Gonna be extra busy all through September, my playing time during working hours is going to suffer a bit. Although you wouldn't know it from the size of this post. :P But by next week for sure.

---

To start off on Sodium, his reply to umu's questions in #152 is commentating about how terrible Zengar is while keeping his vote on KGH. There's a mention of KGH being like 65-35 scum/annoyance which annoyed me. If the annoyance factor is one of the few things putting KGH over a then-suspicious-but-now-confirmed Scum Zengar, doesn't look too hot especially if KGH flips Town.

Looking at the votecount fiasco:

Hizengar Byakuren (L-3): Kilgamayan, U?, Kiro, Kilgamayan, Pesco

Zengar, those words are meaningless, especially because YOU STILL HAVEN'T VOTED ANYONE YET (RVS not included). You compiled a suspicions lists, and yet, I see no actual suspicions; all I see is "MAYBE, MAYBE NOT" and "NOTHING". Then there's no vote, which just confirms that you have no suspicions. You're pretty much at L-1 now. (Role)Claim.

So I'm keeping my vote on Heniwac(Hen+Seniwac), but I'm fine with and willing to vote for Zengar. No more newbie sympathy for him.

There's the early call out to roleclaim that I didn't catch earlier. I thought only Edible asked someone to roleclaim before they were actually at L-1 on Day 1, but yeah... And it's not like your threat of a vote to Zengar (which you weren't going to do at this time) would have taken Zengar to L-1. Unneeded, early rolefishing = bad. I did see you clarify that you misread what the mod wrote, but I already pointed out that the whole "he should consider me having a vote on Zengar" was a terrible thing to say.

---

I am amused that KGH pointed the above out in #167, but unvoted UK and left his vote sitting nowhere. You're still high on the suspect list for this reverse waffle and for questioning more than analysis. You can find most of why I thought your points about Kilga were wrong in the following:

Seniwac: I want to see less ????????????? from you and more "I think _____ is scum because _________". Asking questions does not give us your opinions.

Voting staying on Zengar. The scummy approach to the Seniwac situation is still the worst thing I've seen all game.

This was what I was going to post before Zengar got hammered in Day 1. It's true Kilga didn't stay on Zengar in the end, but I still don't see enough of a problem with Kilga to consider Kilga a top case right now.

---

Serp also note Sodium's counting error as well in #182, but doesn't take specific action as he says most of the votes on Zengar look like prods. And in #241, says he would favor a lurking Chen lynch over Zengar, but under KGH. Meaning Zengar is 3rd under these two. A point of consideration depending on these other possible flips. And on a gut level, if you want to consider the Scum newbie factor, Zengar's almost nonsensical vote of Serp could be a weak bus attempt. I'm reaching a bit on that last point, but I think Serp's case as a whole is worth considering as well. I think umu mentioned something in his #271 about both of them being linked, I'll need to check it later when I can spare the time to do so.

For now, Sodium spends a lot of time criticizing Zengar, but stays on KGH for most of the day till the end. While he's actually been consistent in putting KGH and Zengar as #1 and #2, the fact that he switched a little awkwardly at the end has been noted along with a bunch of weird things he's said that are rather anti-Townie.

##Vote Sodium Peroxide L-2 by informal vote count

Cut by Rou: I wouldn't call Sodium's switch to Zengar "sudden." It was just him finally putting the money where his mouth was, but it's arguably when the lynch was looking more secure. Rou tied the wagons at L-3, Edible shifted Zengar to L-2, before Sodium made Zengar L-1 and KGH L-4.