Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (Judging Complete!)  (Read 47844 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (EXTENSION)
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2015, 01:58:14 PM »
More entry up in this bitch.

I forgot my BulletForge password because I set it to something stupid, so we gotta use Dropbox and stuff.

It doesn't even have sound effects or music or a background or any cut-in things or any spell card names showing up. (But the names are in the spellComments.txt in the order in which they appear.)

I suggest removing the dl=1 flag. If you decide to update the project, please edit your post above - use s in brackets to strike through the old download link and state "EDIT" with the new one.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2015, 04:01:59 PM »
I suggest removing the dl=1 flag.
Any particular reason for that?

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2015, 04:27:17 PM »
One difficulty is fine as long as there are a reasonable number of lives and the difficulty is not murderously hard.

Maybe just MAYBE one difficulty then upgrade to 4 difficulties. And im still thinking of whether i should give infinite lives now due to one difficulty or remove it later when i have more difficulty
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2015, 04:58:06 PM »
Any particular reason for that?

Removing the flag gives more options and may prevent unwanted instant downloads.

Maybe just MAYBE one difficulty then upgrade to 4 difficulties. And im still thinking of whether i should give infinite lives now due to one difficulty or remove it later when i have more difficulty

Infinite lives is fine.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Stream will begin at 7:30 PM EST on February 19, 2015 and will be hosted at http://www.twitch.tv/sparenofiria.
Contest Submissions are due at 5:00 PM that day, and final updates are due 24 hours after the end of the stream.

I will need time to download scripts and prepare them beforehand, so I will be starting the stream sometime between 7PM and 7:30PM. I will announce in-thread when I have begun streaming.

It's cool Bob. A bit hard but very fun to play. But your bosses have too many life. I just time out all the spells with defaults Reimu. Maybe you should put less life or include a player script that can kill them.

BobTheTanuki

• Ph3?
  • What is it?
It's cool Bob. A bit hard but very fun to play. But your bosses have too many life. I just time out all the spells with defaults Reimu. Maybe you should put less life or include a player script that can kill them.
Thank you~
Thank you~
well as for me they have not so many life
it's just me
I think that it will remain like that x3

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Thank you~
Thank you~
well as for me they have not so many life
it's just me
I think that it will remain like that x3

There is a standard DPS for players, which should be taken into account when making scripts.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,5219.msg700302.html#msg700302

Adjust the HP of your boss accordingly so that the standard DPS rates can take it out in a reasonable amount of time, and if you are not using a default player for testing purposes, please state which player(s) the script is balanced for. That will clear up most confusion in regards to too much health

Note that in ph3, the standard DPS is a little higher than in the above post, which is for 0.12m.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:55:49 PM by Sparen »

BobTheTanuki

• Ph3?
  • What is it?
There is a standard DPS for players, which should be taken into account when making scripts.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,5219.msg700302.html#msg700302

Adjust the HP of your boss accordingly so that the standard DPS rates can take it out in a reasonable amount of time, and if you are not using a default player for testing purposes, please state which player(s) the script is balanced for. That will clear up most confusion in regards to too much health

Note that in ph3, the standard DPS is a little higher than in the above post, which is for 0.12m.

Thank you for advice!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:03:08 PM by BobTheTanuki »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Thank you for advice!

You're welcome. And whenever in doubt, have someone else play it using whatever player they want to (unless you have packaged a specific player with your script)

kirbio

• Leader of Team αlternative Σnding
  • Or is it...?
Surprise!?  :P

I'm joining this contest! XD
Although I whipped up the entry in less than 3 day though. I don't think I've done a good job lol.
I'm going with Mystia and Kyouko.

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/kirbio/p/contradictory-catastrophe-contest-entry-choujuu-gigaku-everse/v/100

EDIT1: Added DL-link

Enjoy! ^^
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:42:52 PM by kirbio »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech

Although I whipped up the entry in less than 3 day though. I don't think I've done a good job lol.

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/kirbio/p/contradictory-catastrophe-contest-entry-choujuu-gigaku-everse/v/100

Enjoy! ^^

I hope you notified AJS beforehand. :)

Notes:
-Are you packaging pre6 or pre6a? Since pre6 has a number of bugs, it may be better to package pre6a. However, as long as your script works the way it is supposed to on the version of Danmakufu you have packaged, it's OK if you leave it as is.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:57:36 PM by Sparen »

I know, you will don't like it. But I had so much fun with taking the part  :) Thank you.
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/zhan_fox/p/contradictory-catastrophe-zhan/v/1

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Phew
Here's my entry!
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/bob/p/bobcontradictory-catastrophe/v/1

Notes:
-Please cite Blargel's Animation Library in the Bulletforge description or a ReadMe file
-Please cite Helepolis's Cutin Library in the Bulletforge description or a ReadMe file
-Please cite Lunasa's Halo Effect library in the Bulletforge description or a ReadMe file
-Please cite BGM sources (xxx.mp3 in particular). Note that it does not matter to me whether or not they're banned on Youtube because I can't run 0.12m and your script won't be shown in either the stream or a DNHArt video, but it may be relevant for Kirakishou7, VichyCatalan, Trickysticks, Conarnar, and other video uploaders.

I know, you will don't like it. But I had so much fun with taking the part  :) Thank you.
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/zhan_fox/p/contradictory-catastrophe-zhan/v/1

Notes:
-In your Bulletforge description, you state 'Play with Reimu'. Which Reimu? Default?
-Please cite Blargel's Animation Library in the Bulletforge description or a ReadMe file
-Please cite Helepolis's Cutin Library in the Bulletforge description or a ReadMe file
-Please cite Lunasa's Halo Effect library in the Bulletforge description or a ReadMe file

It doesn't even have sound effects or music or a background or any cut-in things or any spell card names showing up. (But the names are in the spellComments.txt in the order in which they appear.)

EDIT: UPDATED: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8ofcbyvv61l1dv/RaNGE13CCPTv02.zip?dl=0

Code: [Select]
#Text["Patchouli and Tewi by Rumia w/ a chest-mouth(HopeMetal)[r]PLAY THIS SCRIPT PLS"]...Uh

Please move all of your attacks to a new folder or comment out #TouhouDanmakufu[Single] on all of them. Also, do you want us to play the plural or the stage? The plural has descriptive stuff in #Text while the stage... not so much.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,2146.msg83339.html#msg83339
Helepolis has released a cut in library for ph3, linked above. You have until 24 hours past the end of the stream tomorrow to update your project to its final version.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:03:23 PM by Sparen »

Zhan_fox> same things as Bob. The script is fun to play but bosses have too many life (with Default ReimuB). I love the water effect of Mokou.

kirbio> My favorite for the moment. It's just awesome and full of great ideas <3

Hope ♦ Metal

Code: [Select]
#Text["Patchouli and Tewi by Rumia w/ a chest-mouth(HopeMetal)[r]PLAY THIS SCRIPT PLS"]...Uh

Please move all of your attacks to a new folder or comment out #TouhouDanmakufu[Single] on all of them. Also, do you want us to play the plural or the stage? The plural has descriptive stuff in #Text while the stage... not so much.
I was going to do that anyway.
You should play the stage because it has an ending. It doesn't have any dialogue, but it's different than the usual enemy exploding. I'll make that more obvious, and move the descriptive stuff into a read-me and possibly my post with the dl link.
Also I'm not putting any cut-ins because I don't have any images, but I could get some. I just don't feel like it.  :V
But I'll actually have the names of the spellcards appear in-game, although it's a bit ugly, but making it pretty isn't really the point of this contest anyway. (Even though making the actual patterns pretty is. :P )

Enjoy! ^^
The infinite lives were useful. Also the one spellcard that makes the bullets nigh-invisible feels kind of cheap.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
REMINDER: First draft entries are due in 6 and a half hours.

kirbio

• Leader of Team αlternative Σnding
  • Or is it...?
Okay,Lunar(Lunarethic) tell me to submit his entry for him because he's having real-life issues at the moment.
So here's the "playable" version of his entry.
DL: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xkobqycftz7tuxx/Contradictory+Catastrophe.zip

Replay isn't working for now,though.
And playable isn't very stable,I suggest going with "FREE" player is the best choice for now.
He said he's going to update to final version later and posting it on Bulletforge.

So yeah,that's all for now,enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:29:50 PM by kirbio »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
I get an error at the end of the first spell :(
http://img110.xooimage.com/files/4/3/5/sans-titre-4a00d22.jpg

I am unable to replicate this bug. Are you running in Japanese Locale with ph3 [.1 pre6a]?

Woops. I'm on 1 pre4a. I didn't notice that. I'll test with 1 pre6a and i'll see if I get the bug again.

edit: yeah. It work! Thanks Sparen.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:23:44 PM by Lefkada »

Another entry, I guess.
DL: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0uto3t9r3an84vd/CCRumiaMystia.zip (yeah, Mediafire, I know)
Sure, no BG, BGM or whatever, but I guess this is still somewhat acceptable.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Another entry, I guess.
DL: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0uto3t9r3an84vd/CCRumiaMystia.zip (yeah, Mediafire, I know)
Sure, no BG, BGM or whatever, but I guess this is still somewhat acceptable.

You have more than 24 hours to update your script to the version you wish to be judged.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
Woops. I'm on 1 pre4a. I didn't notice that. I'll test with 1 pre6a and i'll see if I get the bug again.

edit: yeah. It work! Thanks Sparen.

If you can look at the Manual , it says it is to be played on pre6a or later, because the previous version would error this script royally :v

Replay isn't working for now,though.
And playable isn't very stable,I suggest going with "FREE" player is the best choice for now.
He said he's going to update to final version later and posting it on Bulletforge.

So yeah,that's all for now,enjoy!

As kirbio said i will update my entry in due time....probably after the contest because theres a lot in the list that should have still been in this playable version but ultimately scrapped to reach the deadline. i apologize for the very unbalanced difficulty (given that you have infinite lives though i hope i can compensate), as well as replay not working
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:25:51 PM by Lunarethic »
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

Gyagh... I hope it's not too late. My computer decided to be stupid at the last second. I'm DEFINITELY going to be using that 24 hour period, if I'm still allowed to participate.
link
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:19:47 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
SUBMISSIONS ARE HEREBY CLOSED

The stream will begin in approximately two hours. All of those who have submitted have until 24 hours after the end of the stream to update their projects.

TresserT: You made it

Miransu's two let's plays will be linked in the second post.

I will download scripts for the stream around 7 PM. If the link in the Opening Post is not the latest version, please post with the correct link.
I state this because a number of entries are not on Bulletforge and automatic redirects will not work.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:45:53 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (STREAMING NOW)
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2015, 12:11:48 AM »
THE STREAM HAS STARTED

I will not officially begin until 7:30, as scheduled, but I will be downloading and preparing/playing random scripts until that time. Come and watch!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (STREAMING NOW)
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2015, 01:31:27 AM »
THE STREAM HAS ENDED

Final drafts for judging are due exactly 24 hours from now.

Stream will be posted on Youtube shortly. Please do note that some people have been denied DNHArt videos:
-Bob the Tanuki (0.12m)
-Zhan Fox (0.12m)
-HopeMetal
-Searinox **If you manage to fix up your script to a point where I don't die every few seconds, then I will give you a video.
-TresserT **If you can fix up the menus and make it clearer how to play the game, then I may actually be able to get a 1cc.

Others, such as Kirakishou, may make videos, however.

Note that except for 0.12m entries, I may make a video of your script in the future if you update it to a point where I can 1cc it/it meets quality standards.

Missed the stream? Well, here it is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tza8LHjRgXk
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:18:51 AM by Sparen »

Hope ♦ Metal

Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (Final Drafts!)
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2015, 09:32:46 AM »
Well, you played the wrong version, but that's my fault. I'm guessing we can't redo (read: replace) any patterns, just modify them, because I was planning to redo the second non-spell before, but I couldn't get around to it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:39:01 AM by Rumia w/ a chest-mouth »