Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread 15 - We represent the Lollipop Guild, the Lollipop (ry  (Read 134878 times)

From the videos I've seen, it looks like the equivalent of fishing for Py in alt dungeons, except it's even worse because you have a pretty high chance of getting a dublit EVERY SINGLE WAVE, and you might even get up to four. Treants and Pixies are also pretty common as well. I'd probably try to get some kind of defense-lowering method+fast orbchange instead of poison, because it won't help against Treants and you may get dubbies on wave 1, which is an instant game over if you're orbscrewed.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Speaking of alt. dungeons, PDX doesn't have data on some of them about exp or gold..... For those of you that farmed them, are they all like Alternate Castle of Satan, trumping even KoG for Exp/Stam?

Edit: urgh, just checked Christmas dungeon..... did they really have to put basically every single dangerous/annoying mechanic together?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 06:39:00 PM by Espadas »

Speaking of alt. dungeons, PDX doesn't have data on some of them about exp or gold..... For those of you that farmed them, are they all like Alternate Castle of Satan, trumping even KoG for Exp/Stam?

If you notice in one of my screenshots, it says I got over 27000 exp for one run, and PDX only lists the upper bound at 26000, which is obviously now false. This means the exp/stam ratio is actually even higher than 1035 per stamina, which already shits on King of the Gods.

So yes, it's pretty much the best dungeon in the entire game for general purposes, if you can beat it consistently. I gained about 50-60 ranks from farming 250 runs of it in the entire time that rotation was up.

What PDX also doesn't tell you is that high gold dragons drop 75000 coins when you beat them here, and it is possible to get two (haven't seen more than that) in a single run, and if they both drop and you sell them from your box, this is over 250,000 coins from one run. The cost to open the dungeon for an hour is 1,000,000. For reference, I can do a run in slightly under 5 minutes on average, so I can get anywhere from 10~13 runs out of the hour. This is a maximum possible gain of about 3,250,000 coins, meaning I actually profit. Not to mention all the fodder being really high level let me get a lot of the guys in my box to level 99 or close, so I don't even run super kings or king carnival anymore. This got out of hand extremely fast and I abused it to the absolute maximum.

All of the above is also not even considering the fact that Flampy can drop in there.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:28:03 PM by OverlordChirei »

oh damn you're actually higher rank than me now :V

oh damn you're actually higher rank than me now :V

:V

Also I just tried BlodinXNut using yours, I have no idea why people are saying she is hard to use, I could trip the 5 combos every time without using her active.

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah, five combos is easy. Even I can do that relatively consistently.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
:V

Also I just tried BlodinXNut using yours, I have no idea why people are saying she is hard to use, I could trip the 5 combos every time without using her active.

Five combos is still easy to fumble on, which is the problem given the mediocre output.

Overall her problem is it's stupid strict for honestly low benefit.

also 'It's easy for me!' does not mean everyone, notably including those of poorer skill -and especially newer players-.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:56:37 PM by Chaore »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
3/1.35/1.35 isn't anywhere approaching "low benefit" imo.

And 5 combos for 3x is in line with most other combo gods.

Chaore

3/1.35/1.35 isn't anywhere approaching "low benefit" imo.

And 5 combos for 3x is in line with most other combo gods.

it is, but it has no upper floor unlike the bastets and Kushi.

That's kinda important, as I'm sure you've noticed yourself when whiffing a big combo (and honestly what makes bastet, and what you were championing for an increase to for ages ;v).

The Hp/Rcv is fine, it's basically a free 2x with two nuts, except... nah. Nope! Not feeling it, sorry man, opinions.

Also that's a different conditional altogether really.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
How I see it is that Nut is not bad at all, but it's more for newer players that can't do 6 combos and use Osiris.
It's kind of like how Isis was before her uevos and active buff, she was easy to use but why use her when with just one more colour you can get 16x with Horus.

Though blue teams do have the option of using BlOdin for rows and 5 combo for nut means you can still manage to make 2~3 rows while satisfying the LS condition, to make up for the low multiplier to one-hit bosses.

Though blue teams do have the option of using BlOdin for rows and 5 combo for nut means you can still manage to make 2~3 rows while satisfying the LS condition, to make up for the low multiplier to one-hit bosses.

Now that one is gonna require practice for me, and actual blue orb makers who I really need to level >>

Chaore

How I see it is that Nut is not bad at all, but it's more for newer players that can't do 6 combos and use Osiris.
It's kind of like how Isis was before her uevos and active buff, she was easy to use but why use her when with just one more colour you can get 16x with Horus.

isis' ease of use is nowhere near comparable to nut.

and Osiris isn't really comparable to horus either.

i also find it super hard to suggest new players use any of this pantheon with the pulls they're likely to have honestly, because theres -always- better pulls you could make use of for your box.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
isis' ease of use is nowhere near comparable to nut.

and Osiris isn't really comparable to horus either.

i also find it super hard to suggest new players use any of this pantheon with the pulls they're likely to have honestly, because theres -always- better pulls you could make use of for your box.

You misunderstood me.
I'm saying Nut to Osiris is how pre-uevo Isis was to Horus.
Yes, Isis was much more consistent at 3 colours 9x, but with some practice many could handle 4 colours 16x to use Horus, so Isis was completely overshadowed by Horus. It was a time where your friend-list would be filled with Horus and no Isis even if you're not playing Horus. What the UEVO did successfully is to differentiate them both by making Isis one of the best anti-bind leaders and Horus with low recover high hp.

Right now it's even worse for Nut because 1.They practically has the same active skill 2. you can't be orbtrolled with combo leaders, so you can't really say Nut is more consistent like how Isis is to Horus.
So good players can consistently do 6 combos has no reason to choose Nut over Osiris when given the choice.

:qq: I still don't have an Egypt 2.0 so I can't say much, but I can imagine them making life for newer players easier, because they'd easily have a high hp team even without much levelling. And more end-game players, a team can easily reach 35k~40k hp without much +eggs. I can't see how that's not good at all.

Edible

Chaore, please keep the vitriol to a minimum.

Not sleeping apparently has its perks.

Now to offload all this fodder and go beat up Ceres until a dubmythlit falls out, and then it's testing time.

EDIT: what the heck game was staying up later than usual all I had to do

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:28:55 AM by Wardjeity of the Night, Tsukuyomi »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
It only took 9 fucking runs!

The HP/RCV buffer gives players more margin for error if they fuck up their combos. Still, x9 is alright and hardly worth bashing considering people still use Ronia/RoBu who is x6.25/x7.5 respectively. Granted, the subs for Ronia/RoBu teams generally tend to be intrinsically stronger so you can get away with the lower multipliers, but that's being a bit too harsh on the pantheon. ESPECIALLY when P&D is literally "get godlike rolls or suffer." I would have LOVED Nut when I first started out, but instead I got Bastet so yeah gg, my evolved Nut is gonna not see use until I make that Blue Physical team or some shit. :v

I mean my point is. if newer players get Nut and they don't have the luck to pull better shit because they are non-iap. They haven't got much of a choice anyways.

EDIT 2:
https://twitter.com/trancehime/status/534515908249530368/photo/1
this was from last month when I decided to test out Nut. My subs were quite frankly garbage at the time; I still had 17000 HP with just 1 Nut. Imagine if I had a 2nd Nut instead of Karin lol
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 08:44:31 AM by tranceHiME »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Remember when Indra was the laughing stock of PAD along with Vritra?

Well the recent series of buffs gave Indra two skill bind resists (Along with skill boost and time extend!) and for the current Descent challenges he's helped me clear Hera Beorc and Izanami by stacking up 5 total skill bind resists and trivializing the 10-turn skill bind in these descents! (Izanami now has light iza on wave 5 and dark iza on wave 6, if you get skill binded your life will be hell on wave 6.)
The only regrets I have is that I didn't give it my all when Light Insect was here, so my Indra's only at skill lv4.

*note first image the team was Bastet/Indra,GreenValk,Sasuke,Kushi/Bastet for 100% skill bind resist

Only three descents left for me! Wadatsumi, and the two rushes. I've done Wadatsumi before so I'm sure I can do it again. Not sure how to approach the rushes at all.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:13:07 AM by Thaws »

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Isn't Vritra STILL a laughing stock?  :V

On an unrelated note: apart from Super Tiny Alma, are the other drops from ECO dungeon worth keeping for low-cost descents? They are cute as hell but my box is quite full and i would keep them only for clearing those -censored- Gaia/Tengu/Xuanzang etc...

Looking around in PDX's suggested teams seems like Flame Chaser is the go-to leader for all the cost-restricted descents...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:27:36 AM by Espadas »

commandercool

• alter cool
Is it weird that the Christmas dungeon goes up at noon PST today instead of at the beginning of the day like usual? I can't remember that ever happening before. Does it and I just never noticed?

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
I think it's happened with a few god fests. Ima yolo this afternoon then go full whale this evening

commandercool

• alter cool
Shit I forgot we weren't on double skillups and fed some Wind Chasers aaaaaah. Well, there went a decent chunk of my surplus chasers. I'm 1/10 so far, but three of those weren't actually on boosted rates.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig

I thought only Vritra was a laughing stock. As leader, Indra might not have been the best, but his active always seemed pretty good to me. They just didn't want to release skill ups for it for some reason.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

Indra didn't have great typing or stats, and his leaderskill sucked, and then his ult evo was underwhelming, and then his awakenings were awful.  His active has always been pretty good.

They updated his leaderskill, fixed his awakenings, and gave him skillups for the active, so now he's quite good, but it's understandable that he wasn't exactly desirable back in the day.

Vritra still kinda sucks though.  His active has synergy with AA Luci teams and his awakenings are good, at least.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Hey guys so as a heads up coin dungeons have dragon plant infestation in the rotation now which means free stone for 15 stamina and 500k coins

dunno if it came in before but it's useful if you're one stone short of rolling on the christmas rem

Chaore

No, I only remember edible telling me he was getting an ultimate and it was going to be sweet.

Nonetheless, I never leveled him. :v

I thought only Vritra was a laughing stock. As leader, Indra might not have been the best, but his active always seemed pretty good to me. They just didn't want to release skill ups for it for some reason.

Hyorin has it in one, Vrita has long been one of the worst cards in the game, but Indra was just...mediocre. Not really that interesting or usable at times, and as time went on he didn't age well. Much like the greco romans and such on.

His ascent to power seems pretty great, but fuck skilling him up. God damn.

Isn't Vritra STILL a laughing stock?  :V

On a different level. He's ascended from 'sell for gold' to 'okay replacement', really.

His awakenings and active change have incredibly favored him, even if I think there's better options most of the time.

I could honestly see use for him at times, compared to the old days.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
No, I only remember edible telling me he was getting an ultimate and it was going to be sweet.

Nonetheless, I never leveled him. :v

Hyorin has it in one, Vrita has long been one of the worst cards in the game, but Indra was just...mediocre. Not really that interesting or usable at times, and as time went on he didn't age well. Much like the greco romans and such on.

His ascent to power seems pretty great, but fuck skilling him up. God damn.

On a different level. He's ascended from 'sell for gold' to 'okay replacement', really.

His awakenings and active change have incredibly favored him, even if I think there's better options most of the time.

I could honestly see use for him at times, compared to the old days.

If he were green people would have been all over him if you ask me. Even before the buffs, people were using him in Kirin as an on-color Kushi. Vritra on the other hand, even in Luci, I think a Gravity does more effective damage and doesn't require you to blow Luci to not do less than a ripper nuke. The buff was a okay, but think I would still take Dragon Shogun over him.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

oh god ;_;

HOW COULD THEY GIVE HIM AN ULT THAT'S BASICALLY WORSE THAN HIS EXISTING FORM

game you have been suspiciously generous lately what are you planning