Author Topic: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Day 3.  (Read 84513 times)

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
Re: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Day 2.
« Reply #510 on: August 27, 2014, 05:42:02 PM »
My last post was in response to Conq by the way.

Cut:
@Dan: Which part of, "I don't tell you" is so hard to get

@Raikaria: If you want to know why this is a town role then ask the mod.

@NNR: Sure, now that it's save ground are you free to get it out scum. But don't worry, I know I said the truth so you are next in line.

Also, stop writing faster than I can read.^^;
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #511 on: August 27, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »
Also yes, I have a rolecop power, which N1 I managed to get a blank result for.

Naturally, this made me a lot more suspicious of Dorian.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #512 on: August 27, 2014, 05:54:22 PM »
So, with is out of the way, can someone tell me why should I fish for a role that I already know?
The better question is why are you voting for a player whom you know the role of, know they visited you, and know perfectly well that have a pro-town reason to have visited you, and know just as perfectly well they have pro-town reason to be voting you now too?

Why are you assuming I am scum despite the fact you know I visited you and that I have valid reasons to assume you scum?
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #513 on: August 27, 2014, 05:56:10 PM »
The part where I can't think of any reason not to mention why visiting you is bad when nnr has appeared to not suffer.

Don't lynch me.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #514 on: August 27, 2014, 05:57:45 PM »
Fortune smiles upon us.  Will get to this tonight
Off-tangent but Dan do you have anything interesting to tell us or are you just glad you survived to D2 or something

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #515 on: August 27, 2014, 05:59:21 PM »
been meaning to bring that up for awhile but it kept slipping my mind again when I want to post

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
Re: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Night 1.
« Reply #516 on: August 27, 2014, 06:00:13 PM »
Progress Report 4

Currently voting.
Conqueror (1): Animosity
ActionDan (1): Dr Rawr
Dorian (4): NNR, BT, Polaris, Raikaria
NNR (1): Dorian
Zakeri (3): SB, Moridin84, Just/Bard 
Raikaria (1): O4rfish
Serela (1): Zakeri
Dr Rawr (2) Conqueror, Serela

Not voting.
Massaca, ActionDan

With 15 alive it takes 8 votes to lynch someone.

15 hours left.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

« Reply #517 on: August 27, 2014, 06:23:53 PM »
Today is a very sad day, for zakeri has finally lost it. On 8/27 zakeri has voted serela for playing competently and with 90% less waffles. look at how crazy CF7 game has made him to vote good play and excellent posts instead of voting people based on bad posts and things that are scummy. From this day on we shall look back at this mistake and think "wow what was zakeri smoking" and then proceed to actually find scum.

##Unvote
##Votes: zakeri

anyways i dont believe NNR is scum so if zakeris wagon some how disappears id probably move my vote to dorian. antitown role -> guilty result with cop -> tells people not to target him(except cops?). i would like to think dorians role is just that unfortunate but if i add 2 and 2 i get 4 soooo

not quite sure how balance setup works but would having a town rolecop and town alignment cop be normal? im assuming the miller is there because there is alignment cop unless its some kind of red herring cf7 placed. anyways just asking ^^

Dorian White

« Reply #518 on: August 27, 2014, 06:24:32 PM »
The better question is why are you voting for a player whom you know the role of, know they visited you, and know perfectly well that have a pro-town reason to have visited you, and know just as perfectly well they have pro-town reason to be voting you now too?

Why are you assuming I am scum despite the fact you know I visited you and that I have valid reasons to assume you scum?
Like it or not, I was suspecting you too. And what did I knew? Curious scum struck me as likely as town concerned about the Miller, a scum role cope isn't actual new either. From that point could it have went anywhere, so I poked you about it.
The point that you didn't even admit that you visited me was what made the difference of suspecting town and caught scum.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #519 on: August 27, 2014, 06:40:31 PM »
Dorian, why did you specifically not want people targeting you, and why does someone checking your role equal Scum to you? Why would a Townie immediately tell their Scum suspect that yes, they did in fact visit them?
NNR, clarify: do you get ROLE results, or just ability name(s)?

I'm a little baffled Dorian picked NNR when the mod said everyone has an active ability. I think. Can't be fucked to double-check, but that's how I went into this game.

« Reply #520 on: August 27, 2014, 06:54:57 PM »
I don't have any useful information to share. `_`

Dorian's thought processes are kind of difficult to follow.

##Unvote
##Vote Rawr

Had a gut read on Rawr when I replaced in (though I decided to press Dorian based on relevance) so I'm kind of following Conq on this. But the post where Rawr votes Zakeri feels weird because it looks like Rawr doesn't actually think Zak is scum.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #521 on: August 27, 2014, 06:56:07 PM »
Back from stuff. I have Bloodbowl to play. Will make any comments I feel the need to after that.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bardiche

« Reply #522 on: August 27, 2014, 06:59:44 PM »

Really Polaris?

« Reply #523 on: August 27, 2014, 07:03:23 PM »

Dorian's thought processes are kind of difficult to follow.

##Unvote
##Vote Rawr

Had a gut read on Rawr when I replaced in (though I decided to press Dorian based on relevance) so I'm kind of following Conq on this. But the post where Rawr votes Zakeri feels weird because it looks like Rawr doesn't actually think Zak is scum.
you caught me im actually voting people who i think are town. :V

Dorian White

« Reply #524 on: August 27, 2014, 07:09:34 PM »
@Bard: To your first, I'm still not going to tell you. To the second, read my post again and tell me where I said that. And to the last one, there is no reason to hide it, especially if it was such a  obvious pro-town act as he made it out to be.

« Reply #525 on: August 27, 2014, 07:27:51 PM »
Really Polaris?

I don't have any information that will help us find the scum. I'm not going to out the particulars of my role unless there's a good reason.

Bardiche

« Reply #526 on: August 27, 2014, 08:12:30 PM »
I don't have any information that will help us find the scum. I'm not going to out the particulars of my role unless there's a good reason.

I mean do you have any cases/reads/things to say beside one-liners. (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻

@Bard: To your first, I'm still not going to tell you. To the second, read my post again and tell me where I said that. And to the last one, there is no reason to hide it, especially if it was such a  obvious pro-town act as he made it out to be.

"Hey guys I'm going to blatantly say people shouldn't use night actions on me and then I'm going to further refuse to explain why not". Seems legit. brb night actions on Dorian
There's every reason not share it, since he doesn't know your role.

In this post you gloat about "you're not supposed to visit the miller" and "I warned you", but now you claim that the vanishing results aren't the result of visiting you but he would've lost his action's results regardless? Redacting your claim is actively scummy.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dorian

His blatant admission that he's trying to get people not to visit him at night, and his subsequent insistence that people do not do so means he's hiding something, and I doubt it's very Pro-Town. His first post of Day 2 implies someone was punished for visiting him at night, which he later redacts to "NNR was fucked either way". He claims to have targeted NNR because he believed NNR had an active role component and others might not, meaning Dorian directly states that he willingly used this ability to fuck with someone's results, instead of using it on someone where he might not screw them over. His claimed role power fucks over investigation roles (he's rather smug about that too), and his reaction on being checked is to try and get the guy lynched hard.

Put simply, his behaviour indicates extreme unwillingness to cooperate, expresses a desire to obfuscate and he delights in fucking over an investigative role. None of these are Townie qualities. All of them are non-Town qualities.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #527 on: August 27, 2014, 08:28:10 PM »
I think Dorian is probably Ascetic(?) which is why they didn't want people visiting him but I thought he was an Ascetic Self-Watcher from what they crumbed so shrug (and this is also why I thought they were town who wanted to catch people lying who ran into them, but yeah.) I have no idea why they pursued NNR the way they have done today though. I agree that stealing the information makes the role look worse, but townies have had anti-town roles in the past so this could possibly be a drawback to it so I think that part is null. What I don't like is how NNR implying he had a role for Dorian to snoop on played a part in his decision (do you think that the mafia info roles would claim outright?) and there's too much of a focus on NNR being scum for visiting, to the point that I can hardly remember their thoughts on the rest of the game.

Dorian refusing to claim on account of stated grounds is Bad Play, not Scum Play. Threatening him to claim is Scummy.

It seems hypocritical for you to attack this and then try to get Polly to out some kind of role information he has? I also think that using the ability is a null tell because if you could choose from yourself getting a cop result and another player of unknown alignment, wouldn't you want the person who you have no idea of their alignment?

@Rawr, I'd say cop+rolecop+watcher or something (from schezo's flip) is a lot of information but I have no idea how CF7 balances setups and from Schezo's role the mafia appears to be pretty stacked rolewise so I wouldn't rule anything out.

I agree with the cases on Rawr and feel as though he's kind of a non-factor my priorities are kind of blurry at the moment. I'll be around to vote at deadline in any case so I'll work it out by then or overnight.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #528 on: August 27, 2014, 08:36:18 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Dorian

His blatant admission that he's trying to get people not to visit him at night, and his subsequent insistence that people do not do so means he's hiding something, and I doubt it's very Pro-Town. His first post of Day 2 implies someone was punished for visiting him at night, which he later redacts to "NNR was fucked either way". He claims to have targeted NNR because he believed NNR had an active role component and others might not, meaning Dorian directly states that he willingly used this ability to fuck with someone's results, instead of using it on someone where he might not screw them over. His claimed role power fucks over investigation roles (he's rather smug about that too), and his reaction on being checked is to try and get the guy lynched hard.

Put simply, his behaviour indicates extreme unwillingness to cooperate, expresses a desire to obfuscate and he delights in fucking over an investigative role. None of these are Townie qualities. All of them are non-Town qualities.

I cannot echo this enough.

Not to mention his 'miller' claim is counter-claimed as well.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #529 on: August 27, 2014, 08:39:18 PM »
And I don't have much else to say really. I don't really really like the Rawr wagon it would be my 3rd choice of wagons atm out of the ones present. Zakeri wagon is a thing but Dorian needs to be lynched today honestly. There is far too much that says he is scum.

- 'Don't visit me'
- Counter-claimed miller
- Steals reports from other players; and they do not get these reports [Denies town information; potentially grants scum it]
- Was very reluctant to co-operate and claim even when he was counter-claimed as a miller.
- Hasn't really done anything that actually looks like scumhunting. It's mainly pushing on NNR [His C.C] or defending his own cases/himself. D2 could be given a pass for that since I've been pressuring him a lot among others but there's still his D1 Serela vote.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
Re: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Night 1.
« Reply #530 on: August 27, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
Watch them fall down, vote count.

Currently voting.
Conqueror (1): Animosity
Dorian (4): NNR, BT, Raikaria, Just/Bard
NNR (1): Dorian
Zakeri (3): SB, Moridin84, Dr Rawr
Raikaria (1): O4rfish
Serela (1): Zakeri
Dr Rawr (3) Conqueror, Serela, Polaris

Not voting.
Massaca, ActionDan

With 15 alive it takes 8 votes to lynch someone.

12 hours left.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:09:32 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Bardiche

« Reply #531 on: August 27, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »
It seems hypocritical for you to attack this and then try to get Polly to out some kind of role information he has?

Misrepresentation, I was referring to his utter lack of anything. Polly has the unfortunate habit (?) of subbing in for bad players (imo), and then going "hay guise I have nothing to share '3'" followed by one-liner vote irks me because I already regard the slot as scummy.

« Reply #532 on: August 27, 2014, 09:05:49 PM »
Dorian should really cooperate by fullclaiming.

For now, I'll restate that I don't like Rawr's vote on Zakeri. I also don't like the way Serela jumped off Zakeri so easily after one post?that just makes it seem like his vote was just a placeholder. His and Moridin's votes on Zakeri seemed weak in comparison to other votes on Zakeri, so it feels like an instance of wagoning. If what Zakeri says is true about Schezo&Serela (I haven't checked it out yet) then it might be something to consider.

« Reply #533 on: August 27, 2014, 09:08:44 PM »
Misrepresentation, I was referring to his utter lack of anything. Polly has the unfortunate habit (?) of subbing in for bad players (imo), and then going "hay guise I have nothing to share '3'" followed by one-liner vote irks me because I already regard the slot as scummy.

You're the one misinterpreting. I was specifically responding to Conq, who asked if I had any useful information to share from last night. I wasn't saying that I had nothing to talk about in the game itself.

« Reply #534 on: August 27, 2014, 09:14:51 PM »
Dorion is being so damn defensive about all these accusations. Most of his recent posts are along the lines of "FU, I'm not telling you anything". And he's not like he's being defensive with just the one or two people he thinks are MAFIA, he's being defensive with several. Logically speaking, they can't all be MAFIA.

Even if that wasn't enough, him lying about his role, and then still holding back information about it is pretty suspicious as well.

##unvote
##vote Dorion

Maybe this is just his personality? If so it's not a very helpful one.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #535 on: August 27, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »
Dorian, why did you specifically not want people targeting you, and why does someone checking your role equal Scum to you? Why would a Townie immediately tell their Scum suspect that yes, they did in fact visit them?
NNR, clarify: do you get ROLE results, or just ability name(s)?

I'm a little baffled Dorian picked NNR when the mod said everyone has an active ability. I think. Can't be fucked to double-check, but that's how I went into this game.
Names and types (types meaning +,-,I,etc). Since my ability names give me a pretty clear indication as to what they do, I assume the information I'll get will be at least useful enough to tell what kind of roles people have.

« Reply #536 on: August 27, 2014, 09:18:51 PM »
I'm totally still suspicious of Zakeri. Just Dorion is more suspicious.

You'll note that already I stated near the start of Day 2 that I was suspicious of Dorion and Zakeri. I just can't nail down the reasons why.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #537 on: August 27, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »
And to the last one, there is no reason to hide it, especially if it was such a  obvious pro-town act as he made it out to be.
Yes allow me to reveal all my powers to the scum this early in the game so I can give them a good reason to NK me, No, discreetly using my role to catch scum so it's not blatantly obvious I need shot is a terrible idea, I should out my first result D2 and give everyone a big warning I'm the rolecop and need blocked every night if they want to make sure I don't know their role.

« Reply #538 on: August 27, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »
To explain my dropping Dorian a little more, Dorian being uncooperative is definitely not pro-town, but tbh if Rawr is scum like I think he is then I don't think Dorian and Rawr can be scum together, so I'm kind of torn.

I went and looked into the Schezo and Serela thing and I think it's kind of minor, since it happened pretty early on and isn't really telling of anything. It'll really depend on how Serela acts from here.

If I have to say something else, then I'll say that I don't think I've seen O4rfish or Massaca since I replaced in?

Dorian White

« Reply #539 on: August 27, 2014, 09:32:27 PM »
I am at my wit's end and out of time.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dr.Rawr

Sorry boy but it's not-me over me here.
I think Dorian is probably Ascetic(?) ...
That comes kind close but it's not exactly that.