Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 212538 times)

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
2 great clears ever since I last posted on this forum.

1. LoLK Extra Reisen Clear!! - F*CK YOU JUNKO! I HATE YOU! I'm so happy about this! :3 I mean... My first Extra clear :D This is great! I literally woke up my brother (by screaming) when I beat it. :P

2. TD Normal Marisa Clear! - I've only played this game 2 times, until today I played it again with Marisa and cleared it! Another game down! 11, 12 and 15 (Legacy) left!
Mwahahahahha!

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
First UFO Lunatic NB clear

Died 11 times, still cleared with 2 lives left. Eh, I'll take it, considering it's just a random attempt while taking a break from perfecting the stages.

Before I post my particular accomplishment, I want to congratulate everyone on their own accomplishments across the 32 pages of this thread that I probably won't have time to look at.

Taking up the better portion of my weekend,  I was able to get a UFO Lunatic 1CC with SanaeA.

At many times during the run, I wanted to switch to the superior SanaeB shot, but I forced myself to use a more difficult shot. While not the most graceful clear, I got to hear the lovely credits music - and that's the important part.

Congrats on your runs everyone! (Marisa was my first TD Normal 1cc too, lol.)

I 1cc'd IN Lunatic on both FinalA and FinalB! I was very happy and surprised when I captured Hourai Elixir.

I 1ccd EoSD Lunatic with Marisa B.

And with that, I've now cleared all the bullet hells in the series (including PC98 and all the Len'en games) on the highest difficulty.

I'm really proud of myself.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Not sure where to post this, but it was so funny that I have to post it somewhere.

Decided to play a credit of PCB, which I haven't touched for months, and made it all the way to Yuyuko, so I guess that part is an achievement. Then I decided to continue so I could play the rest of the spells just for fun. By Resurrection Butterly I was down to my last life again. With 2 seconds left, I glanced up at the next wave, realised it wasn't going to reach me in that time, did a swoop to grab some point items, and ran slap into one of the lasers. Only then did I notice I had just gotten an extra life from 50 items after using the continue.

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
NMNBNUFO runs of stage 3, 4, 5 and 6.

ReimuA is godly. She made these a lot more doable.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
Got an SoEW Extra Stage NMNB while playing today with ReimuC, was one of my older goals but I am glad I am done with that now. (Although granted, it took about 2 hours of playing today; that is including practice too.)

Pictures/Video
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Zigzagwolf

Managed to get an MS LNB with Mima on a random credit I did today, I remember I tried this a good while ago and now I basically got it almost right away (granted, restarts due to derps happen too. Although this could've been restarted, so I guess I made a good decission not to.)

Video pictures Guess I'll work more on MarisaB SA LNB now, since I want to get that as an LNB too.

Edited this post to add my video + to add other links for pictures, apparently Screencloud pictures aren't stable. Should've guessed after a month atleast.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:42:38 PM by Zigzagwolf »

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
682m run of BoSM stage 3 stage practice.

677.9m run of BoSM stage 4 lunatic stage practice. Sorta getting back into the swing of things, let's start with improvements on the 2 final stages of the demo.
I'm particularly happy with my 100m improvement on my previous stage 4 personal best.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
682m run of BoSM stage 3 stage practice.

677.9m run of BoSM stage 4 lunatic stage practice. Sorta getting back into the swing of things, let's start with improvements on the 2 final stages of the demo.
I'm particularly happy with my 100m improvement on my previous stage 4 personal best.
How is your full run score?? I still haven't played it much more since my 7bil run but cos I'm terrible at Ichiyou I doubt i can do well with full game scoring. I'm happy to collaborate some ideas with you though!!

Nolegs the Cat

How is your full run score?? I still haven't played it much more since my 7bil run but cos I'm terrible at Ichiyou I doubt i can do well with full game scoring. I'm happy to collaborate some ideas with you though!!

... 5.9b. I haven't really done many full runs since then, and that was back when the demo first came out, before I routed stage 4. I'd like to get a run with a decent stage 4 + timing out stage 1 last spell first :P

I use ReimuA, you use MarisaB. -shrug-
So they're pretty different overall, I think.

My 677.9m run had a rocky start, actually. Had some mistakes very early, didn't really impact the score though. I also bombed Ichiyou's first nonspell twice, less because I had to (I can fairly consistently 1-bomb it), but more because I was sick of dealing with it. :V
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:13:53 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
Oh ;P thats a shame I guess. Marisa B seems to have more scoring potential I think, and Sanae A has decent potential maybe too, but I'm hesitant on using A types cos of the less favourable first stage mid and boss patterns. I am still interested in seeing what you can do though! I always struggled with using Reimu A for score.

Nolegs the Cat

Oh ;P thats a shame I guess. Marisa B seems to have more scoring potential I think, and Sanae A has decent potential maybe too, but I'm hesitant on using A types cos of the less favourable first stage mid and boss patterns. I am still interested in seeing what you can do though! I always struggled with using Reimu A for score.

Thanks. You've done pretty well yourself!

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
Ah, thank you too :)

Anyway, this isn't an accomplishment per se, but I did find a way to make SA Extra more bullshit than the Ultra patch. It's honestly hilarious but also impossible. But thats okay I like my absurdly difficult things :)

Zigzagwolf

Dit a no shooting Mugetsu and Gengetsu clear a few days ago, kind of felt like doing that because I wanted to see what it was like. LLS EX Mugetsu and Gengetsu No shooting

Zigzagwolf

Honestly sorry for doubleposting, I saw I did this earlier too.

A few days ago I got another LLS EX NMNB run, this time with MarisaB and scoring 66m. I only need to NMNB the extra stage with Reimu to've NMNB'd it with all shottypes, so I think I'll do that soon.

I have had a few struggles, but I managed to get the video up after it kept failing to render and even froze when I had it uploaded the first time, but luckily it works well now. MarisaB Lotus Land Story Extra Stage NMNB 66M

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
Ah, thank you too :)

Anyway, this isn't an accomplishment per se, but I did find a way to make SA Extra more bullshit than the Ultra patch. It's honestly hilarious but also impossible. But thats okay I like my absurdly difficult things :)
Followup to this, the rest of the stages are on the channel already.
Considering this an accomplishment cos I finally followed through with uploading a Youtube series for once :P

Oh yeah and I very nearly had an EoSD Lunatic 1cc and judging by how I did after the continue had I not had a stupid death on Perfect Freeze I would have cleared it.

Cleared Extra a second time -- and this time with only 2 deaths in the run, including my first capture of Red Frog :)

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
Got my first easy 1cc.

Managed to 1cc IN Lunatic twice: FinalA with Remilia/Sakuya, and FinalB with Reimu/Yukari. Both end up being 0/0 clears with their lucky and cringeworthy moments - capturing "Omoikane's Brain" in the FinalA, and the dodging in "Buddhist Diamond" and "Hourai Jewel" in the FinalB.

It was the first time I had attempted the Lunatic Stage 6B, so I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I guess I'm forming a habit of having really dramatic runs, even if they aren't the best demonstration of skill :V.

Replays: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=40520 (FinalA)
               http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=40534 (FinalB)

Das

• w e w

the game hates me

Zigzagwolf

Rip Das

Did a perfect (thus no miss no bombs) Extra Stage clear of Mystic Square a few days ago, with this done I've officially NMNB'd all the pc-98 EX's atleast once! (Thrice for LLS, with 3 shottypes v:) MS EX Perfect (NMNB)

Did a run of SA Lunatic to try and unlock Stage 4 for SA boss rush. I expected to game over repeatedly on Stage 4, but was pleased to find that I actually got to Orin on my first try! Never thought I'd pull that off so well, so a 1cc looks doable!

EDIT: Also, beat Satori in SA Boss Rush on Lunatic! Some of the most fun I've had in Touhou in a while, but one of my fingers is numb now :V
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:22:40 AM by Sen »

Improved my Normal run to 3 deaths, 800m. Could perhaps have been even fewer, but it was the first credit of the day and I was in shock when I beat Aya with no deaths or failed spells thus far, so I was all nerves from that point on. Deaths were (1) Stage 6 death fairy, rammed a bullet while attempting to deathbomb; (2) Unremembered Crop; (3) hit the last remaining bullet in the fadeout after winning the game.

I've come so far since I first picked up this game just over a year ago :)

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
I almost beat normal mode after 3 continues but it was too hard for me. :/

Took me a few tries, but I got 7.1 billion on the BoSM trial. Yay me.  :D

Scoring in this game is going to be interesting when it comes out...still debating on if I should turn it into a Youtube video, though.

Nolegs the Cat

Took me a few tries, but I got 7.1 billion on the BoSM trial. Yay me.  :D

Scoring in this game is going to be interesting when it comes out...still debating on if I should turn it into a Youtube video, though.

Nice score!
... I really can't be stuffed playing BoSM at the moment :V
I think I'll wait until the full game. -shrug-

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
I finally did it! Normal clear with 3 continues! :D I thought Remilia was going to kill my last life again but I pressed bomb just in time!

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
literally purrfect MoF Extra

didn't take very long, just needed to find a red frog route
only did this because suwako-sama