Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 212556 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Have cleared 34 with this Stage 6 Practice Run (Mustered the courage to learn Youmu`s Spellcard and Captured Yuyuko`s Second Spellcard.)
Easy will give me 24 more cards to capture right ? So i`ll have to do some more Prismriver runs and try to capture some more Extra Cards.

Krompy

• 420 graze it
Wow, DDC is pretty easy.

I felt like adding another hard 1CC to my completed list, and I did so on the first try (~though I had no bombs or lives left :derp: )
Normal 1cc: all clear!
Hard 1cc: IN LLS MS SA DDC
Extra: EoSD PCB(Phantasm) IN MoF TD DDC

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist

Ten Desires LNNNFS! (Lunatic No Miss No Bomb No Trance Full Spell)

Yessss! Right after that crushing failure earlier today! I'm so happy! :D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:42:33 AM by Mino ☆ »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
Grats !
It`s always nice to see someone prevail with hard work and perseverance !

Nice job, Mino!

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Awesome!

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
Congratulations Mino, your LNN(N) collection sure is growing!
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

I just beat DDC on Hard Mode for the first time!!
I'm so glad I don't need to touch this stupid game for a while now! (I'm going to attempt Lunatic when I defeat UFO and LoLK on Hard. [probably in half a year])
My score is 489k, not sure if it's a big score or not.

EDIT: I meant 1CC. I was very tired when I wrote this.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 01:05:29 PM by iVAwalys »
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

Haven't achieved much but I've 1cced most Touhou games on easy I guess.

I'm working on LoLK scoring too, haven't really bothered recently though.

Glaceon Mage

• Dragon Quest fangirl
  • Hahaha...
    • Glac's FFN profile
...Okay, I guess I'll list what I've got here too.

Normal:
PCB, IN, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC (Fangames - RSS, FFF Trial, and BoSM 2nd Trial)

Hard:
IN (Fangames - RSS)

Lunatic:
(Fangame - RSS)

Extra:
PCB (Ex +Ph), IN, MoF and UFO. (Fangame - RSS)

I'm thoroughly average I know.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:42:51 PM by Glaceon Mage »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh

Normal:

Hard:
IN (Fangames - RSS)

Lunatic:
(Fangame - RSS)

Extra:

Well, at least you have more access to the games than me, i just have EoSD and PCB available.  :V
And i`d hardly call that average, i think my stuff is the average stuff, but just my opinion, you`re better than me, to be short. ^^

Normal:

Hard:
IN (Fangames - RSS)

Lunatic:
(Fangame - RSS)

Extra:

Still better than me, Glac.

Well, at least you have more access to the games than me, i just have EoSD and PCB available.  :V
And i`d hardly call that average, i think my stuff is the average stuff, but just my opinion, you`re better than me, to be short. ^^
actually my stuff is the average stuff

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
I think a lot of people think their own skill is nothing special. Even some of the top players do. I'm not sure if anyone can be good at judging themselves on that. Though it can be fun to pick a player who's slightly better than you, and aim to match/surpass them.

Also, welcome to MinakoHouraisan and Glaceon Mage. Nice to see registration's finally been fixed. I was getting worried how many potential new members might not be joining...

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
Hi pals.
Just a few days before joining I managed to finally get my first UFO Lunatic 1cc so I am pretty proud of myself :)
Now all I have to do left is PCB and EoSD but I'm not rushing on those because I'm not the biggest fan of playing them.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
I think a lot of people think their own skill is nothing special. Even some of the top players do. I'm not sure if anyone can be good at judging themselves on that.

I think this is true for people not at the top, to be honest. I don't see Chum, Cactu or Zil ever downplaying their abilities. There are cases where they say things like "I'm bad at micro tapping" or something like that, which is completely different. I know for a fact that Chum knows he's very good, and Zil is about as good.

It does seem to be entirely true for players of other (lower) skill levels. But the fact that both Nameschonvergeben (whom I from now all call Benben here) and Glaceon Mage think they're average when they're both vastly different in skill level can probably be attributed to the fact that they're surrounded by people of just about every level possible. At the top you have people like the aforementioned three and at the bottom you have people who can't 1cc easy mode for their life. In some cases, you even have people here following the Japanese top (E.g Yu-suke, Gobou, KG etc.) so your perception of your own abilities gets skewed even further. That is at least definitely the case for Benben. He follows Japanese players all better than him and is surrounded by better players in both IRC and on Skype. To my knowledge, Glaceon Mage on the other hand is only in Skype so she's missing players but still sees how many people are better than her. The total pool upwards is bigger for Benben but downwards it's the same/smaller. It is not strange for him to think he's average then, generally speaking.

But of course, maybe I'm reading too much into it. w

Though it can be fun to pick a player who's slightly better than you, and aim to match/surpass them.

That's definitely true. I think you can even choose to pick a much stronger player than yourself, assuming you have the base for it or if that better players' run is quite old or something like that. It can be, after all, be somewhat difficult to find a player slightly better than yourself for every category you play. Just be careful not to get overwhelmed by picking someone much better and you're golden.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:55:09 AM by Sakurei »

Hi pals.
Just a few days before joining I managed to finally get my first UFO Lunatic 1cc so I am pretty proud of myself :)
Now all I have to do left is PCB and EoSD but I'm not rushing on those because I'm not the biggest fan of playing them.

Wow, great job! UFO is, in my opinion, the hardest game to 1CC on Lunatic, aside from LoLK.

Now, if I were to objectively judge my skill level, I'm just SLIGHTLY above average. And that's embarrassing as hell, since I've played Touhou for over 6 years by now, and some people manage to 1CC Lunatic in their first year.
I guess it's just that I'm very prone to ragequitting.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
Wow, great job! UFO is, in my opinion, the hardest game to 1CC on Lunatic, aside from LoLK.

Now, if I were to objectively judge my skill level, I'm just SLIGHTLY above average. And that's embarrassing as hell, since I've played Touhou for over 6 years by now, and some people manage to 1CC Lunatic in their first year.
I guess it's just that I'm very prone to ragequitting.
Thank you!

And don't feel embarrassed, I'm going into my 7th year of play now, and I only started getting consistent Lunatic 1cc's in any game no more than 6 months ago. Just keep going at your own pace and you will be fine :)
Also make sure to enjoy the game while you play it, because otherwise it's just frustrating all round.

Glaceon Mage

• Dragon Quest fangirl
  • Hahaha...
    • Glac's FFN profile
I mainly think of myself as being average because I'm mostly a Normal/Extra mode player, for what it's worth.

If I was a mostly Hard I'd probably think of myself as slightly above average, Even further above for Lunatic etc., While playing and 1cc'ing mostly easy and trying Normal would be slightly below average and being unable to 1cc most easys would be very below average.

At least that's how I think of it.

Also, welcome to MinakoHouraisan and Glaceon Mage. Nice to see registration's finally been fixed. I was getting worried how many potential new members might not be joining...

Thanks. I've been thinking about joining here for a while since some of my friends are here.

Anyway, I think I'm going to work on my LoLK scoring, I want to try and get 1b soon.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
Thing.
(Late) Congratulations Mino, and good to see you happy ヽ(?▽`)/
Out of curiosity, what makes you specify full spell? I can think of Yoshika's final and perhaps Miko's penultimate, anything else?

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
(Late) Congratulations Mino, and good to see you happy ヽ(?▽`)/
Out of curiosity, what makes you specify full spell? I can think of Yoshika's final and perhaps Miko's penultimate, anything else?

Thanks! I specified full spell because many people choose not to capture Yoshika's final spell. Sometimes, people are also unable to capture Miko's penultimate because they get pushed away (most of the time they don't try to go back into the middle as it would be too risky especially if Miko's lasers forbid them from doing so). In each case it would just be LNNN without FS. Not that it matters too much either way though. The runs are still virtually the same.

However, I'm OCD so it would have bothered me a lot if I didn't go for Yoshika's final spell.

--

Also, a belated thanks to everyone else who had congratulated me. And a good job for everyone else who posted their achievements~

Zil

Zil is about as good.
allow me to correct your mistakes

First ever Lunatic 1cc, albeit on IN Final A. Still much blundering (e.g. Stage 4 was pretty abysmal; failed the opening fairy on Stages 5 and 6), but also some lucky moments (capturing Keine's last, and having a perfect Reisen fight). In the end, it came down to Eirin's last spellcard with two bombs remaining. I clip a bullet with about half of Eirin's health remaining. The conclusion ends up being a case of 'saved by the bell' - I removed all of Eirin's health, then get hit by a bullet just after the invincibility period starts.

Replay:  http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=40172

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
Congratulations :) What are you gonna attempt next?

Is Len'en allowed in this thread too? Because I did a no focus clear of the first Absurdly Extra stage.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Congratulations :) What are you gonna attempt next?

Is Len'en allowed in this thread too? Because I did a no focus clear of the first Absurdly Extra stage.

I feel like Len'en completion is even more worthy.

I BOW DOWN TO YOU BECAUSE YOUR DODGING SKILLS ARE THROUGH THE ROOF
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
...... i finally unlocked Phantasm..... i have finally gotten these annoying 60 spellcards and proved my worth with Ran.

First run ended at Yukari's sixth or seventh non-spell. (the green danmaku that go very fast and you have to carefully stream i think.)

UFO Extra beaten!!
i managed to capture the last spell, but I stupidly died at Green UFOs and Rainbow UFOs. (I usually capture these.)
Now, I'm not sure which game I'll 1CC next. UFO or LoLK? Or maybe try to 1CC Lunatic in the easier games in the series?

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Grats Mino!  ;)

I haven't played in a bit. I should start playing more.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~

5MNB UFO Lunatic, the deaths being at the end of stage 5, Shou's first spell, Shou's second non, Shou's final spell, and Byakuren's forth spell. I'm quite happy with this. It was a solid run.
Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=40229