Author Topic: Kogasa Quest - Surpriseing Galore!  (Read 61093 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Kogasa Quest - Surpriseing Galore!
« on: April 18, 2014, 04:00:07 AM »
Yeah I'm back with another quest. This one is more of a for-fun brainpower thing. Not gonna be much fighting at all, if any.

You are Kogasa Tatara

You are a young Karakasa, you've not been a youkai for very long. For all intents and purposes, you're a baby of a youkai. However, you love surprising people. As such, you have decided to give yourself an objective! You will surprise everyone!

Objective:
Surprise every named character in Gensokyo [Characters who reside outside of Gensokyo, or cannot be easily accessed from Gensokyo, do not count, although you may try and find a way to surprise them if you want. Daiyousei and Koakuma count as 'named'.]

A list of named characters who do not count:
Chiyuri + Yumemi [In a different dimension]
Sariel, Kikuri, Sara, Louize, Mai, Yuki, Yumeko, Shinki [In Makai]
Reisen II, Yorihime and Toyohime [On the Moon]
Maribel and Renko [Outside World]

Eiki, Komachi, Tenshi, Iku, Yuyuko and Youmu do count, as their domains are easily accessed from Gensokyo, or they frequently visit Gensokyo anyway.

However, this is more complex than it sounds. Most characters in Gensokyo won't jump from you sneaking up behind them and shouting 'Boo!'. And you're nowhere near strong enough to surprise most of them in combat. Due to this, you have to find a way to surprise them. A creative mind, stealth, and intrigue will be required for success! After all, surprising someone like Yukari is not easy at all...

Players may ask the GM how hard a character would be to surprise as a rough guide. Yukari is far harder to surprise than Cirno, for example. The GM will also point out if there are any major obstacles when asked how hard a character is to surprise. For example, Flandre herself may not be that hard to surprise compared to Remilia, but getting into the basement of the Scarlet Devil Mansion in the first place is another story in itself. As such, to surprise Flandre, Kogasa would have to sneak into the basement.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Re: Kogasa Quest - Surpriseing Galore!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 04:30:39 AM »
Does the surprise count if we get gapped to the sun/immolated/disintegrated immediately afterwards?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 04:37:11 AM »
You must survive to complete your objective, else you would not be able to surprise everyone else. Getting Kyuu~'ed by Flandre is not very conductive to surprising everyone in Gensokyo.

Indeed, sometimes the surprising might not be the hard part, it might be the getting out alive afterwards.

If you get a BAD END you'll be bumped back to just before the BAD END.

Worth noting you're somewhat durable however. Your umbrella has to be completely ruined beyond repair for you to be killed, and given some time it'll repair itself quite quickly.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 05:17:27 AM »
>Where are we living these days, anyway? Still at the graveyard, or was that just to mess with Reimu and Marisa?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 05:18:42 AM »
>Where are we living these days, anyway? Still at the graveyard, or was that just to mess with Reimu and Marisa?

> You 'live' at the Myouren Graveyard, since it is a good place to surprise random humans. 'Live' is a very loose term, since you do a lot of random flying around. You probobly spend 10% of your time at the Graveyard, if that.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 05:35:49 AM »
>Who have we surprised in the past, or are we starting with a fresh slate right now? Do any good targets come to mind? Is there anyone that might be able to help us in our endeavors of 'terror?'

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 05:44:40 AM »
> Being Kogasa, you have not succeeded in surprising anyone this side of the fourth wall. You are not very good at it!

> You've been reading ghost stories!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 06:09:26 AM »
>Hmm... maybe actual ghosts would be helpful too?
>Relationships summary.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 06:17:03 AM »
>Hmm... maybe actual ghosts would be helpful too?
>Relationships summary.

> You can't find any. The Myouren Graveyard is pretty well looked after. The only 'ghost' around is Yoshika, and she's hardly any good at talking, let alone helping people. And she's only there from wherever Seiga dragged her up from.

> Myouren Temple tolerates your presence.
> Yoshika seems alright with you ever since Reimu, Sanae, Marisa and Youmu beat you up when you asked for help.
> Speaking of, you don't much like Reimu, Sanae and Marisa, and to a lesser extent Youmu. The former three have beaten you up for no reason. Three times.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 06:37:34 AM »
>Normal ghosts would be with Youmu, right? Maybe we should start with her area? Well... maybe that'd be a little challenging to start.
>What's our skillset like? Inventory?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 06:48:21 AM »
>Normal ghosts would be with Youmu, right? Maybe we should start with her area? Well... maybe that'd be a little challenging to start.
>What's our skillset like? Inventory?

> You don't even know where Youmu lives. Well, you know what her home is called, but you don't know where it is.

> Your skillset includes:

- Flight - You're actually pretty good at flying. You can fly fairly fast, fast enough to chase the Plantquin Ship, and you're quite agile too. You're not one of the best fliers in Gensokyo, but you are certainly above average. You also have one of the highest flight ceilings. All of this is by virtue of being an umbrella, carried somewhat in the wind. However, you have more trouble than most flying into a headwind.

- Danmaku - For a youkai of your age, you're good at danmaku. The power of your spellcards greatly fluctuates. Some of them are pretty weak, while others are very powerful. This didn't seem to catch anyone off-guard or surprise them however.

- Being cute by accident - You don't know why but half the time when you try and surprise people they just start making puppy-eyes and 'daww sounds at you. The other half of the time they beat you up. You don't know which reaction you dislike more. People aren't supposed to find you cute, they're supposed to find you scary and surprising! This is a passive power and you have no control over it.

In terms of actual fighting ability outside of danmaku, you're pretty weak for a youkai. Your physical combat mainly involved bopping people over the head with yourself until they give up, and you arguably hit only slightly harder than a Fairy. You have little to no magical powers to speak of too. You can make a magical rain to put out fires and summon a few more umbrellas which generally fall to the floor and do nothing unless used in danmaku, but that's about it.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 06:57:41 AM »
>Become Charlie Brown
>Would being cute when someone doesn't expect it count as being surprising?
>Do we know about anyone else that's good at surprising people?
>We're hanging out at the graveyard right now, right?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 07:51:18 AM »
>Become Charlie Brown
>Would being cute when someone doesn't expect it count as being surprising?
>Do we know about anyone else that's good at surprising people?
>We're hanging out at the graveyard right now, right?

> Not really. Everyone's used to it
> You know Mamizou and Nue pull pranks, also fairies.
> You are currently located at the Myouren Graveyard

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »
>Would we know where Nue, Mamizou, or a fairy well known for pranking is at the moment?
>If so, seek the nearest one of them for advice, even if we're going to eventually have to turn said advice against them.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 12:12:38 PM »
>Would we know where Nue, Mamizou, or a fairy well known for pranking is at the moment?
>If so, seek the nearest one of them for advice, even if we're going to eventually have to turn said advice against them.

> Fairies are all well-known for pranking. They are also pretty much omnipresent in Gensokyo. However, they are not exactly intelligent either. You don't think they could teach you.

> Nue and Mamizou are not easy characters to find, as both are very good at hiding. Nue could be anywhere, but Mamizou is usually either just outside the temple, in the temple, or at the Human Village, disguised.

> Of the three groups, you think a fairy would be the most likely to help you, but would be incompetent at doing so. Mamizou would be far more likely to help than Nue, but she also tends to be less straightforward.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 12:23:14 PM »
>Let's look for Mamizou around the temple first, then.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 08:30:41 PM »
> You take a look around the temple, and it does not take too long before you find Mamizou just outside the front gate, drinking sake. She seems either unaware of your presence or uncaring.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 09:11:37 PM »
>Despite the fact this is going to fail regardless, sneak up on her and unleash our best "Urameshiya~!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 09:15:17 PM »
>Despite the fact this is going to fail regardless, sneak up on her and unleash our best "Urameshiya~!"

> You float over to Mamizou's side [Since her back is against one of the posts holding up a welcome sign], and shout "Urameshiya~!"

> "Hello Kogasa." Mamizou replies. Now you are closer, you can see she is jotting down numerous numbers in her notebook. You don't understand numbers very well. You didn't even know numbers could as as long as what Mamizou was writing.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 11:40:05 PM »
> "Aw... you're supposed to be surprised. Could you, I dunno, at least pretend? For me?"

> Hm... Maybe if we kissed her on the lips? Let's try that next.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 01:24:29 AM »
> "Aw... you're supposed to be surprised. Could you, I dunno, at least pretend? For me?"

> Hm... Maybe if we kissed her on the lips? Let's try that next.

> Oh my, you scared me." Mamizou said.

> You're not too keen on that idea, but try anyway. The Tanuki blinks a few times.

> "You really are trying to surprise people." Mamizou said. "That might have even worked on some people who don't know you. Except I fully expect you to try to do random things to surprise people. So that won't work on me. I know your compulsion to surprise people too well Kogasa."

> Mamizou shifted her glasses.

> "By the way, you're not a very good kisser. I guess that's to be expected, since you are an umbrella and all."

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 02:09:17 AM »
>"Hey, it's not like I was trying to be a good kisser or anything... That's not the point!"
>Frustrated face is frustrated.
>"You're right, I do want to surprise people, but every time I try, they aren't scared. Do you have any advice, being a trickster and all?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 02:27:41 AM »
>"Hey, it's not like I was trying to be a good kisser or anything... That's not the point!"
>Frustrated face is frustrated.
>"You're right, I do want to surprise people, but every time I try, they aren't scared. Do you have any advice, being a trickster and all?"

> "You're far too young to be a good kisser anyway." Mamizou teased. "You're still just a kid, after all."

> Mamizou's look seems like she finds your frustrated face cute.

> "There's your mistake. 'Surprise' is not the same as 'scare'." Mamizou said. "There are many ways to surprise people than making them jump. Take Aya, for example. She surprises people not with her speed, or her jumping at people yelling 'Boo' but by what she knows about others. The intrigue she's found out. People don't expect Aya to know what she knows. That is a form of surprise. Surprise is not 'doing something that scares people' it is 'doing what people do not expect'."

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2014, 02:50:21 AM »
>"Ooooh... okay, I think that makes sense. Thank you~."
>Stop making frustrated face. Mamizou looking like she thinks we're cute is upsetting.
>Right, so we have to make people experience totally unexpected things from us... hmmm... so we're going to have to be smart and plan things out! Right! Off to find someone to surprise!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2014, 02:55:32 AM »
>"Ooooh... okay, I think that makes sense. Thank you~."
>Stop making frustrated face. Mamizou looking like she thinks we're cute is upsetting.
>Right, so we have to make people experience totally unexpected things from us... hmmm... so we're going to have to be smart and plan things out! Right! Off to find someone to surprise!

> "No problem. I sometimes wish people would trust me for advice more often." Mamizou said.

> You stop looking frustrated. Partially due to being frustrated at Mamizou thinking you are looking like a cute little baby, and partially because you're not frustrated anymore.

> Find someone to surprise? Well, where do you want to look first? Gensokyo's a big place and there's many places. The Myouren Temple's closest landmarks are the Human Village, the Great Mausoleum and the Misty Lake. The Hakurei Shrine can also easily be reached from here, but it is significantly further away.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2014, 02:58:19 AM »
>Let's start with the Misty Lake! After all, if we're going to surprise everyone in Gensokyo, we have to level up our power to surprise people through experiene, and that's generally done by going from easy to hard!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2014, 03:08:39 AM »
>Let's start with the Misty Lake! After all, if we're going to surprise everyone in Gensokyo, we have to level up our power to surprise people through experiene, and that's generally done by going from easy to hard!

> You figure it is a good idea to start off small, and head to the Misty Lake, where mostly fairies and other lower youkai can be found.

> You fly to the Lake, and as per usual, fairies are flying over it, with a light mist floating above the lake.

> You know about all the important characters in Gensokyo from reading the Bunbunmaru, so you know who can can probobly find here!

- Cirno
- Daiyousei
- Wakasagihime
- You also know that you may find Wriggle, Rumia and Mystia here, but they may also be in the surrounding forest, or in Mystia's case, near the Human Village. Sunny Milk, Luna Child and star Saphhire come here on rare occasion, but they are usually near the Hakurei Shrine.

The Scarlet Devil Mansion is on the opposite side of the lake, and you can make out Meiling at the gate.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2014, 03:12:12 AM »
>Before we leave, turn and shout, "Thanks again Mami! Mami X Nue ships forever!"

ninja'd
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2014, 03:16:51 AM »
>Before we leave, turn and shout, "Thanks again Mami! Mami X Nue ships forever!"

ninja'd

Eh I'll post a result of that anyway

> Mamizou just shook her head as you left and shouted at her. "Has Aya been spouting gossip in the Bunbunmaru again?"

[Mamizou is going to be one of the hardest to surprise because she knows Kogasa better than almost anyone else]

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2014, 03:19:05 AM »
>Ponder if gaining new abilities would help our cause.