Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition  (Read 114673 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition
« Reply #510 on: April 06, 2014, 06:45:10 PM »
Three rounds of metal dragons at x2 king drops.

15 useless little metal dragons.

Your avatar fits. Where's it from? Pretty Cure?

I'm saving all my stamina for the King Carnival. I think I'm not really going to bother with Biweekly dragons anymore. At least not the pirate ones, though I'm really tempted to for the sake of completion.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #511 on: April 06, 2014, 07:16:10 PM »
what is even the point of zaerog

110 cost, absolutely absurd ultimate evo requirements, awful stats

is it really worth the decent leader and active skills?

You forgot some more details, he's a late bloomer AND the first 5m exp creature in the game!

But nah, he's just the ultimate example of why dragons drool and gods rule in this game.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #512 on: April 06, 2014, 07:31:44 PM »
Your avatar fits. Where's it from? Pretty Cure?

I'm saving all my stamina for the King Carnival. I think I'm not really going to bother with Biweekly dragons anymore. At least not the pirate ones, though I'm really tempted to for the sake of completion.

Yeah, it's Mai from Futari wa Precure Splash Star.

And yeah I'm making sure I have enough stamina for king carnival. I'm gonna try to max out my snow globe dragon and feed it off before the increased great/super chance ends. To who I'll feed it to, though...

It would make most sense to go to DMeta but at the same time a million Exp is a lot, so I kind of want it to go to takeminakata. I should have got Blanc instead of noir.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #513 on: April 06, 2014, 09:49:40 PM »
How far are you in normal dungeons?
Not any farther than the castle of satan I'm afraid, I did one, maybe two stages of the Tower of Flare. Most of my progress has been through Technical Dungeons due to PENGDRAS.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #514 on: April 06, 2014, 09:59:59 PM »
Max Awoke RSonia, working on Mandrake's leveling.  She's at 61 so far(and super adorable), so I'm closr, then I can Awaken HER and have anoter part of my Hera-slaying team set other than levels. 

I wanna take on the King Carnival, but I don't have my Droidragon ult'd so I'd be screwed if I tried since I almost never see Top Droidragons, Kuromis, or Shivas pop up...Oh well.  (actually, I should be able to punch through 64k defense with my RSonia team and an ult'd Bastet helper if I manage the 7 combo, but if I don't when a Supee is around...)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #515 on: April 06, 2014, 10:48:08 PM »
You can always ask us (or edible if you have his friend code for his neptune) for a defense breaker you know.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Jq1790

« Reply #516 on: April 06, 2014, 11:04:10 PM »
Wair, Edible has a Neptune, too?  I've always seen him with Bastet.  You DID give me a thought though.  Hadn't considered poison.  I'll think about it and if I decide to I'll ask someone here.  Wosh I could do dry runs with teams to see hpw I'd do...

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #517 on: April 06, 2014, 11:23:20 PM »
I missed the king carnival :( Oh well. At least I used the stamina to get something nice.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #518 on: April 06, 2014, 11:37:49 PM »
Wair, Edible has a Neptune, too?  I've always seen him with Bastet.  You DID give me a thought though.  Hadn't considered poison.  I'll think about it and if I decide to I'll ask someone here.  Wosh I could do dry runs with teams to see hpw I'd do...

if you don't mind stalling for 20 turns per round yes poison is really good

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #519 on: April 06, 2014, 11:52:32 PM »
Or use the team used in that twinlit youtube ideo i linked =p

Jq1790

« Reply #520 on: April 07, 2014, 01:25:17 AM »
Or use the team used in that twinlit youtube ideo i linked =p
That's...eh...
* Jq1790 lets out a long, exaggerated sigh as he slowly processes that video's contents

Anyway, decided to just pass for now so I don't have to be afraid of blowing 50 stamina.  I'll just go gather Pengdras and stuff like a good boy and wait for normal metal/jewel dragon dungeons for my bigger Exp. fill.  I've probably got at least a few weeks til Hera anyway, and since she's my main goal at the moment, I won't get too concerned.

* Jq1790 goes over checklist of things still to be done for the prep for her
-Evolve Mandrake
-Evolve Succubus 2x
-Level Alraune/Lilith once obtained
-Level Drawn Joker

Speaking of Alraune, I can't believe it took me til only like half a week ago to realize it was AlRAune, not AlARune.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #521 on: April 07, 2014, 02:27:11 AM »
Finally managed to fully skill up my Rowdy Samurai, and finished the Tower of Flare

I might as well try to make as much progress on normal dungeons as I can since I already have access to all tricolor pengdras on the technical dungeons.

Jq1790

« Reply #522 on: April 07, 2014, 02:33:40 AM »
Finally managed to fully skill up my Rowdy Samurai, and finished the Tower of Flare

I might as well try to make as much progress on normal dungeons as I can since I already have access to all tricolor pengdras on the technical dungeons.
If you've beaten Tower of Flare, that's another decent hurdle down.  At least for me, it was a rough patch, though not as bad as Castle of Satan was.  Prepare yourself, though.  The climb's gonna get steeper.  (Actually, your current Normal dungeon's gonna SUCK for you probably.  It's Polar Night Tower, right?)

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #523 on: April 07, 2014, 02:45:12 AM »
Yeah, it's Polar Night Tower, Water/Dark is going to absolutely suck.

Tower of Flare wasn't much a hurdle for me tbh, at least not until the last stage but I was prepared with the Siren ult helper, I knew there was no way in hell I could outdamage the Ifrit's 35k defenses so I just outlasted him instead.

Next major hurdle should be the Leviathan though, which is going to suck since I'll need to stack 373k damage in five turns (8 if I can use echidna) and I don't think even with double Firedragon Tyrannos I can do that much in a single burst, maybe with FFanatic's TAMADRAPurin since that's x7 multiplier but that would mean I need to stack 53355 damage which is still going to be hard as balls, unless I get somehow really frickin' lucky with heart orbs and fire orbs for Rowdy Samurai's orbchanging and Horus's enhancement, would be nice if I could get Tyrannos's 1,3x multiplier going too.

Hell, even if the stars align and I can get FFanatic's TAMADRAPurin -and- my Tyrannos's  ability up by the time I reach the boss (since I'll be having to kill stuff before they kill me to survive) I'll still need to stack 40316 damage in one go to OHK the Leviathan, which is still going to be ass, and that number unfortunately does already account for the damage Magma Breath will deal. Hell, considering my team has a combined ATK score of 4214 I'll need to make a x9,5-ish multiplier out of orbs, enhancements and combos alone, that is going to suck.

And that's even assuming I can get to the leviathan in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:54:56 AM by Sacchi Hikaru »

« Reply #524 on: April 07, 2014, 03:02:39 AM »
words

You have horus right? Have you made a decent rainbow team yet? (idk rainbow dublits or something)

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #525 on: April 07, 2014, 03:12:59 AM »
You know, I can put up my Odin and then that 16900 damage per five turns becomes... a lot less.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #526 on: April 07, 2014, 03:35:45 AM »
You have horus right? Have you made a decent rainbow team yet? (idk rainbow dublits or something)

I've had shit luck with orbs on friday dungeons so far, I have one Dub-Topalit and that's it, literally every time I've run it with my zombie team I get orbscrewed.

The closest thing I have to a Rainbow Horus team is Horus/Sun Wukong/Echidna/Pierdrawn, but I'm still lacking a wood attacker.

You know, I can put up my Odin and then that 16900 damage per five turns becomes... a lot less.

You have ROdin right? That could work, x5 multiplier is a x6,5 with Tyrannos's ability and Rodin does have Row Enhances, plus gungnir.

Actually if I could get a gungnir off in the first turn that would trivialize the fight, lol.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:40:32 AM by Sacchi Hikaru »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #527 on: April 07, 2014, 03:39:47 AM »
you have a sun wukong
gtfo
I want one...

just Odin through it srsly a lot less pain and you now have a wood member for Horus.

« Reply #528 on: April 07, 2014, 03:49:09 AM »
I've had shit luck with orbs on friday dungeons so far, I have one Dub-Topalit and that's it, literally every time I've run it with my zombie team I get orbscrewed.

The closest thing I have to a Rainbow Horus team is Horus/Sun Wukong/Echidna/Pierdrawn, but I'm still lacking a wood attacker.

You have ROdin right? That could work, x5 multiplier is a x6,5 with Tyrannos's ability and Rodin does have Row Enhances, plus gungnir.

Actually if I could get a gungnir off in the first turn that would trivialize the fight, lol.
i usually take time each wave to save enough orbs for the next round to stop myself from getting orb screwed. may take abit longer but at least i dont die

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #529 on: April 07, 2014, 04:26:50 AM »
With the help of two people who invested a little bit too much into their Tyrannos, FFanatic's TAMADRAPurin and the siren ult evo friend, I've reached the final stage of the polar night tower.

So yeah, could you put up the Odin now FFanatic? Just so that I don't have to do a major spike damage to get through this foolishness.

@E:

HOLY SHIT MY ORB MATCHING SUCKS

Like seriously I couldn't get four colors to attack for the life of me and then I completely screwed up right at the last moment where I thought my HP was maxxed so I could tank with GOdin but apparently it wasn't maxxed so I died :colonveeplusalpha:

I'll try luci next, Morning Star should be enough for an almost hitkill and my monored can take care of the rest.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:27:42 AM by Sacchi Hikaru »

« Reply #530 on: April 07, 2014, 06:27:10 AM »
i usually take time each wave to save enough orbs for the next round to stop myself from getting orb screwed. may take abit longer but at least i dont die

i also bring myself a level 11 naga if ever i get threatened i can pop naga and not worry

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #531 on: April 07, 2014, 06:40:53 AM »
And then I completely and utterly forget that my calculations assumed that all of my damage was fire-damage, which means that Morning Star doesn't "almost OHK", it is an OHK.

Welp, I got through the Polar Night Tower, next up is the Tower of Nature, which I hope won't be as big of a problem and I can just use my regular monored team.

And thanks for the help guys.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #532 on: April 07, 2014, 08:31:25 AM »
Time to throw my ID out.

Add for F/F Horus, Kirin, Lucifer, I&I or Hermes, Valk, Sieg and all round a fun time.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #533 on: April 07, 2014, 12:30:24 PM »
Hey rdj

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #534 on: April 07, 2014, 12:54:12 PM »
"Awesome, Unicorn from the PAL machine!  What do I need to get it to the healer form when that evo finally hits...."

:fail:

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #535 on: April 07, 2014, 02:15:12 PM »
I know your pain. I have a Kraken and I need two blue trifruits for it :(

Also today's pal egg pulls
>gold egg oh my god here it is
>dub-amelit

>green egg
>red carbuncle

i hate this game

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #536 on: April 07, 2014, 04:48:46 PM »
Survey voting has ended. Fairlio is the boss and evolved Wicked Ladies may show up with the mobs.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #537 on: April 07, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
Apparently, Isis is getting a leader skill buff to bring her in line with the new Chinese ult evos.  Not sure what yet, though.

« Reply #538 on: April 07, 2014, 05:25:45 PM »
edible you better not be messing with me

otherwise aaaaaaaaaaaaaa :*

i guess this also means chinese girls are getting buffed to maybe x4

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #539 on: April 07, 2014, 05:46:11 PM »
Still no indication of how they'd go to 4x, though...