Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons  (Read 124859 times)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
Re: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons
« Reply #660 on: January 16, 2014, 10:02:05 PM »
When I promoted Ares to KING LEVEL 99 ARES he waltzed his way to the top of my list on his own as he should :colbert:
(actually I can't figure out how to demote Santamon whoops)

« Reply #661 on: January 16, 2014, 10:40:34 PM »
My Account > change Done position to whatever

EDIT: Oh wait are you not talking about padherder? Because i can't find you on there. idk if it's in game fuck around with the sort until you find a way you like. :V
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:42:16 PM by Arashi Kurobambi »

« Reply #662 on: January 16, 2014, 10:54:54 PM »
I always have my box sorted by CHR

The new sort function would be nice except it's glitchy as hell and it sends my monsters flying everywhere in random directions

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #663 on: January 16, 2014, 11:29:18 PM »
sort by fav
I always have my box sorted by CHR
That is bad, and you should feel bad.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #664 on: January 17, 2014, 12:04:47 AM »
CHR already puts all monster your using in teams at the top so FAV is pretty useless

Of course FAV + CHR would be optimal but gungho needs to fix their shit. Right now it will throw your sub randomly around like I had my starter dragon at the very end of the box no matter what while Sort was on.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:12:17 AM by Suikama »

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #665 on: January 17, 2014, 12:41:29 AM »
CHR makes it easy for me to find all the Pokefood  :3

My Account > change Done position to whatever
Whoa I didn't know that was a thing thanks!

« Reply #666 on: January 17, 2014, 03:26:51 AM »
20 turn cooldown no bueno.
oh yeah also he has 2 skill boosts so more like 18 turns cool down

and since venus also has 1, more like 17

« Reply #667 on: January 17, 2014, 03:28:59 AM »
Whoa I didn't know that was a thing thanks!

It's a pretty recent addition actually, I only know about it because I am compelled to clear away the spinny star thing on the news whenever padherder updates.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #668 on: January 17, 2014, 05:13:08 AM »
Spite because you're all randomly deciding stall sucks for bad reasons is not a good reason to get rid of one of the best mons in the game.

Also Luci is a way of self-damage too so that helps for failatron. also riders are bad and you should feel bad

What is a good reason to decide that stall sucks? I feel like 'Man this is boring, not necessary, and not the way I want to play this game' a perfectly defensible reason for a *game* that is to be *enjoyed*. It's not exactly random either. I have no problems with people who are all about stall and I salute the person who took two weeks to down Neptune on Hera.

And I probably wouldn't get rid of him if I actually do roll him. I'd just.. probably never ever use him. The self-damage while nifty I don't see justifying using him in Winatron on most occasions. I also have pretty much every other team option besides Lucifer available to me on top of it (DMeta, Kirin, Byakko, every mono color, Ama-Odin, resist , Valk, Bastet, Satan, Isis, Horus, Ra, #ONETRUEGOD). Besides, if I want Luci for the self-damage for attackers that then I'll just wait for the Eva collab and spam stones for Unit 13, who has a blue morning star and is attacker type..

Oh I feel hilariously bad about actually needing Gryps Rider more than anything else in the game right now outside of Angelit, but it's soo good on DMeta and outside of Ares is the only other good thing i'm missing that could be a staple for the team. I have Dragon Rider, Yomi, D/D Bats, Hanzo, Kagutsuchi, Freyr... etc. But literally at this point there isn't a single Godfest god that I need. I don't have any Japanese 2.0 gods and Izanagi might be useful, and Parvati would probably be nifty, but that's about it.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #669 on: January 17, 2014, 06:21:45 AM »
Dammit nobu how much have you spent on this gameeeeee

Also hello kitty collab...

There is no escape

I just realized that this is a game where you can play a team that has hello kitty, an angry bird, the goddamn batman, an ancient spirit turned anime girl, and fucking SATAN
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:31:16 AM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #670 on: January 17, 2014, 06:37:46 AM »

an ancient spirit turned anime girl

Which one is that?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #671 on: January 17, 2014, 06:50:24 AM »
all of them :v

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #672 on: January 17, 2014, 07:14:53 AM »
What is a good reason to decide that stall sucks? I feel like 'Man this is boring, not necessary, and not the way I want to play this game' a perfectly defensible reason for a *game* that is to be *enjoyed*. It's not exactly random either. I have no problems with people who are all about stall and I salute the person who took two weeks to down Neptune on Hera.

Not just saying 'lol it's so boring and you do nothing' like exactly nothing happens when most of them time that's not at all how stall actually plays. I'm mostly just upset because this stemmed from a really bad and abnormal situation and people are acting like this is just what stall is, straight to saying that I'm just playing an unfun and lame playstyle.

And yeah you've been the least offensive about this, but I'm still kinda >> at all this in general.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #673 on: January 17, 2014, 07:20:32 AM »
Not just saying 'lol it's so boring and you do nothing' like exactly nothing happens when most of them time that's not at all how stall actually plays. I'm mostly just upset because this stemmed from a really bad and abnormal situation and people are acting like this is just what stall is, straight to saying that I'm just playing an unfun and lame playstyle.

And yeah you've been the least offensive about this, but I'm still kinda >> at all this in general.

Yeah. Everyone has that team they really like. I felt pretty similar when I found there were a lot of dungeons I couldn't tackle with I&IStill the best. Sorry Suikama :derp:. Even though I have Kirin. I still like my mono-blue the most.

That said. I'm starting to feel a bit burnt out on this game. I don't want to go the pain of skilling my gravities. When's Izanami coming out. I wanna replace Hera-Is with her in Kirin.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #674 on: January 17, 2014, 07:27:08 AM »

surprise surprise people are free to have different opinions

Just because I don't like stall doesn't mean you're not free to, after all-- and it does have its merits. But after spending literal hours on a single goddamn dungeon using the method I will be as spiteful toward it as I want to be, and I don't care if it's an abnormal situation or not. It was boring as hell and I resented every second of it. So let people dislike it if they want.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #675 on: January 17, 2014, 07:35:34 AM »
Dammit nobu how much have you spent on this gameeeeee

More than $200, less than $600? ... I hope.

:colonveeplusalpha:

Chaore

« Reply #676 on: January 17, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »
More than $200, less than $600? ... I hope.

:colonveeplusalpha:

Funny, that's around where I am. ...you got more gods for your money's worth ;w;

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #677 on: January 17, 2014, 08:01:59 AM »
Funny, that's around where I am. ...you got more gods for your money's worth ;w;

Yeah, my friend teases me for having really good luck with the REM. Last Godfest I got 2x Hades, Yomi, DMeta, Byakko, Kirin, and BOdin in under 16 rolls. And I had most of the other gods in the godfest already.

Chaore

« Reply #678 on: January 17, 2014, 08:12:49 AM »
Yeah, my friend teases me for having really good luck with the REM. Last Godfest I got 2x Hades, Yomi, DMeta, Byakko, Kirin, and BOdin in under 16 rolls. And I had most of the other gods in the godfest already.

are you serious

i hate you ;w; I ROLLED SEVEN BLANKS

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #679 on: January 17, 2014, 08:21:40 AM »
yeah I have luci and I use him....uhh...not infrequently? I like to think I kinda do 33% luci, 33% haku, and 33% valk/hera-ur. It may appear to be luci more than it is though cuz runs involving him last longer for obvious reasons...Actually I frequently goto bed doing a run with him until I get tired, put my phone down, sleep, and finish up the run when I'm ont he bus or something.

Needless to say I find him kinda boring to use too, but fact is he's almost always the best choice for anything that CAN be done with him because there's so little luck involved, I feel like anything I can do with him, I WILL do with him, without fail or stones or anything. With other leads, there's always a chance of a death due to bad orbs. Or even one little finger slippage during full-health can result in death, with luci, you can eff up a turn and no biggie, just focus on healing the next turn and you're good.

So basically, I use him for dungeons that are really hard that he can handle that I only really wanna do once and then bail on, though I do like him for hera too (slow yes, but I have gravities now, and charging luci+gravity doesn't take that long when you're unconcerned about survival, just mash 1 chain combos to speed up the charging time and do a bigger combo on turns 3-4 for healing time, I probably can do hera with haku/valk but they're long so chances of a fatal eff up or bad luck orb thing are quite high).

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #680 on: January 17, 2014, 08:22:33 AM »
Sorry. ;.; If it's any consolation I just blew some stones rolling the Dark Carnival to get Gryps and didn't get anything notable aside a couple plus eggs, a second Yomi, a PKH, and a Reimu. I guess now I can ogle her whenever I please now which is a plus.

Once I get another point of stamina I'm going to attempt Goddess Descended mythical with DMetas. Looks like I basically have to take a hit on wave 1, then sweep the dungeon. I'd try it on legend but it seems the only difference is HP, and i'm not worried about hitting 3.7 light HP with a 48x multiplier and a bunch of dark goons. We'll see how it goes. Wave 1 might give me trouble if I get more than 3 devils at once.

Chaore

« Reply #681 on: January 17, 2014, 08:26:22 AM »
Sorry. ;.; If it's any consolation I just blew some stones rolling the Dark Carnival to get Gryps and didn't get anything notable aside a couple plus eggs, a second Yomi, a PKH, and a Reimu. I guess now I can ogle her whenever I please now which is a plus.

Once I get another point of stamina I'm going to attempt Goddess Descended mythical with DMetas. Looks like I basically have to take a hit on wave 1, then sweep the dungeon. I'd try it on legend but it seems the only difference is HP, and i'm not worried about hitting 3.7 light HP with a 48x multiplier and a bunch of dark goons. We'll see how it goes. Wave 1 might give me trouble if I get more than 3 devils at once.

Reimu is totally quality though, I rolled just for her early in my career!

Also yeah goddess is pretty easy, DMeta shouldn't have too many things to worry about since it's an older dungeon.

yeah I have luci and I use him....uhh...not infrequently? I like to think I kinda do 33% luci, 33% haku, and 33% valk/hera-ur. It may appear to be luci more than it is though cuz runs involving him last longer for obvious reasons...Actually I frequently goto bed doing a run with him until I get tired, put my phone down, sleep, and finish up the run when I'm ont he bus or something.

...am I the only one who doesn't really seem to take forever when using Luci?

Like he's longer but it doesn't seem long enough I'd actually straight up go to sleep...

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #682 on: January 17, 2014, 08:38:31 AM »

Like he's longer but it doesn't seem long enough I'd actually straight up go to sleep...

I used to use a lot of Loki + Lucifer before and that wasn't too bad. That was how I farmed OOH. And requires a lot less brain power than combo or Egyptian-style gods definitely, so turns wouldn 't take very long.

« Reply #683 on: January 17, 2014, 08:40:47 AM »

In my case it's more "doing it when already in bed and tired anyway" (I mean yeah I don't have a Luci but Ama/Odin has the same problem there, I have definitely fallen asleep while playing P&D before :V)

Chaore

« Reply #684 on: January 17, 2014, 08:42:01 AM »
In my case it's more "doing it when already in bed and tired anyway" (I mean yeah I don't have a Luci but Ama/Odin has the same problem there :V)

Ama/Odin is generally worse because you don't have luci nukes or gravity usually to speed it up :v

(also I think the subs may be a bit weaker? unno, tipsy now so)

edit: it also is a bit more auto so you rarely think about the board like you do with luci, you don't need to keep on clearing it or really interact much at all with it so you do less damage overall
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:45:46 AM by Chaore »

« Reply #685 on: January 17, 2014, 08:50:22 AM »
(also I think the subs may be a bit weaker? unno, tipsy now so)

My subs are literally just whatever the fuck :V

like I think right now I have it Neptune/red ripper/green ripper/dark ripper because the last time I used it for anything i cared about was supers, usually I have Gigas instead of the red ripper because he's got the best stats of my red subs (except RCV obv lol :V) but the other rippers are still nice because trash mob wave clearing is pain.

Chaore

« Reply #686 on: January 17, 2014, 08:58:35 AM »
oh god why did i decide to goddess while drunk

edit: have i mentioned i enjoy getting hit by binds and getting cut off before i can match my hearts by orb timer

oh well i wasn't really invested in this run
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:14:00 AM by Chaore »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #687 on: January 17, 2014, 11:53:05 AM »
Godfest started early, I see. Hopefully I can gather two more stones for a second pull...

Edit: first draw was Succubus. Sigh.

Edit2: had some extra funds in my T-Mobile account. Succubus, Vritra, and Susano.

... This game really wants me to play stall doesn't it :(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:19:48 PM by Mishou Maisuri »

« Reply #688 on: January 17, 2014, 12:46:18 PM »
FK

I rolled once because i had enough stones for it.

PLUS GOLD EGG

Hanzo.

GG

EDIT: Rolled in the REM simulator. First pull astaroth lol

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Chaore

« Reply #689 on: January 17, 2014, 01:01:57 PM »
Godfest started early, I see. Hopefully I can gather two more stones for a second pull...

Edit: first draw was Succubus. Sigh.

Edit2: had some extra funds in my T-Mobile account. Succubus, Vritra, and Susano.

... This game really wants me to play stall doesn't it :(

Susanoo is a pretty good suzaku sub actually :v

His active is great for when you can't do enough damage and you need to take some hits.

Vrita likewise seems like he'd be a mediocre DMeta sub or something- He's okay in Luci too because you can combo his active after luci and he's got nice stats I guess?

edit: Okay susanoo is actually super rad according to Suikama, I'm just meh about him :v
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 01:06:44 PM by Chaore »