Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons  (Read 124872 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »
Thoth even has the doge expression on his face.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #241 on: January 08, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
okay

so it turns out that unless you're goemon

+ORBS FUCKING SUCK

i did some tests and it turns out the damage multiplier you get from +orbs only applies to connected orbs

so if I match 2 sets of 3 orbs all enhanced, I don't get +36% more attack for 6 orbs, I only get +18%

the two 18% don't get to add up for a total of 36% damage, it's still only 18% overall

so +orbs are only worth it for mono color full boards like Goemon, or in combination with row enhances like Dark Meta or the new unreleased connected orb gods

no wonder people say Dark Meta is so op

well at least this means I don't have to really waste my time on trying to get Hrungnir

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #242 on: January 08, 2014, 03:47:20 PM »
Omg they put the Argonian maid in HxH collab.
warning link is nsfw
lifts-her-tail.jpg

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #243 on: January 08, 2014, 03:49:41 PM »
Ecchi cant be red/green? Or you mean the one dat uses anglit/devlit?

« Reply #244 on: January 08, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
She'll likely be Red/Red and Red/Light (with an Angelit) following the trend of all the other Healer girls

But maaaybe she could be Red/Black (with a Devilit) instead

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #245 on: January 08, 2014, 10:19:04 PM »
Ecchi cant be red/green? Or you mean the one dat uses anglit/devlit?

Red/Green Ecchi-sama the dream. TRIPLE GRAV TEAMS MAN, TRIPLE GRAV.

She'll likely be Red/Red and Red/Light (with an Angelit) following the trend of all the other Healer girls

But maaaybe she could be Red/Black (with a Devilit) instead

Red/Light would be better imo- Black has good subs, Light kinda less so. If you want to run an egyptian team and got the horusu/isisu after running H&H it could be nice!

At this for non-egyptian teams it could be beneficial- Healer now gets Ecchi-sama contributing damage when you light orb spam!

And yeah if that is the continous pattern (Which...would be kind of lame honestly, I'm really disliking shoving twinlits down our throat when the dungeon has a really large skill cap and is very limited like most descends.) we're definitely getting devilit evos because we have wayyyy too many angelit evos in comparison.

Evil Siren the dreammmmmm.

« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2014, 10:52:32 PM »
Every Egypt leader gets Light as a subtype though after the Ult buffs so they don't really need to worry about light subs anymore
Well unless you're okay with x4.5 attack and don't want to run x5 F/L Horus (dat attack tho)

If Ecchi is R/D you could run absolutely silly shit like WL Isis + Triple Ecchi + Susanoo/Kushi for SO MUCH STALL :v
R/G Ecchi would be optimal though but I wouldn't count on getting it

And Evil Siren would be pretty amazing for Luci yes :v

Also with the sheer number of ult evos that need twinlits, hopefully at least gungho gives us the dungeon every single event

Also F/L Horus can already Triple Grav if you run Horus, Susanoo, Hera, Hera, Hera-Is :V

Chaore

« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2014, 11:36:14 PM »
Every Egypt leader gets Light as a subtype though after the Ult buffs so they don't really need to worry about light subs anymore
Well unless you're okay with x4.5 attack and don't want to run x5 F/L Horus (dat attack tho)

If Ecchi is R/D you could run absolutely silly shit like WL Isis + Triple Ecchi + Susanoo/Kushi for SO MUCH STALL :v
R/G Ecchi would be optimal though but I wouldn't count on getting it

And Evil Siren would be pretty amazing for Luci yes :v

Also with the sheer number of ult evos that need twinlits, hopefully at least gungho gives us the dungeon every single event

Also F/L Horus can already Triple Grav if you run Horus, Susanoo, Hera, Hera, Hera-Is :V

Well yeah but they never really needed to worry about dark subs either because grav way too good- Honestly I think neither Dark/Light Ecchi-sama would really be a huge benefit to egyptian teams. Triple stall Isis is... interesting, but making an ad hoc stall burst team is honestly not the greatest idea in my opinion because crossing the streams is silly. That... would maybe actually work? You'd have so much time before the first actual attack and while your hp/attack kinda plummets that makes up for it. Well actually if Ecchi-sama gets boosted as much as angel did... oh god, I'm on board with that.

I do kinda like R/L more still thou. Dat Healer color (Do Healers actually run ecchi anymore? I actually don't rememeber seeing her...)

Evil Siren would mostly be fantastic because I don't have to use DJ! (and wait for AB to come back to make Kurone viable) I am being completely greedy in this regard.

And yeah honestly I hope they realize at some point this is ridiculous and flat out change twinlit acquisation if not that.

Also oh god suikama you just gave me the biggest fuzzy feeling by saying that i completely forgot about susanoo because i prefer ecchi-sama

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2014, 11:39:51 PM »
Argh... I did it again. Find a sweet new potential friend to add in a dungeon, do the dungeon, and carelessly mash the screen at the end to proceed forgetting i have to "invite" my friend, and just so happen to tap "no"... Every damn time arrgh.

« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2014, 11:43:28 PM »
Susanoo also has a huge advantage over Ecchi and that he doesn't care about Boss status shields. I think the only two bosses that can negate Susanoo's protection are Satan and Draggie (and you can't even use Susanoo for draggie anyways, plus you get a free turn when Satan dispels Susanoo so it's basically like a 1 turn delay instead) while a ton of descends have status shields (and like every dragon boss for w/e reason)

Also a lot of Horus teams I see have both Ecchi and Susanoo vs bosses that don't have preemptive shielding. Ecchi first, then after they shield pop Susanoo and beat them down some more.

Argh... I did it again. Find a sweet new potential friend to add in a dungeon, do the dungeon, and carelessly mash the screen at the end to proceed forgetting i have to "invite" my friend, and just so happen to tap "no"... Every damn time arrgh.
You can just look up people on the pdx friend finder and add them that way :v

Chaore

« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2014, 11:54:34 PM »
Susanoo also has a huge advantage over Ecchi and that he doesn't care about Boss status shields. I think the only two bosses that can negate Susanoo's protection are Satan and Draggie (and you can't even use Susanoo for draggie anyways, plus you get a free turn when Satan dispels Susanoo so it's basically like a 1 turn delay instead) while a ton of descends have status shields (and like every dragon boss for w/e reason)

Also a lot of Horus teams I see have both Ecchi and Susanoo vs bosses that don't have preemptive shielding. Ecchi first, then after they shield pop Susanoo and beat them down some more.

True, True. I guess I'm going to have to level Susanoo up eventually anyway soooo :v

(atleast I have no light guys I need to level COME TO ME GLASSES ANGEL LET ME LOVE YOU)

« Reply #251 on: January 09, 2014, 12:00:52 AM »
True, True. I guess I'm going to have to level Susanoo up eventually anyway soooo :v

(atleast I have no light guys I need to level COME TO ME GLASSES ANGEL LET ME LOVE YOU)
Unless you want to level that Kirin you have sitting in your box :V

But then you'd have to evolve Valk
And Hera-Is
And also get a Verche

So you might as well stick to Horus for now :derp:

Chaore

« Reply #252 on: January 09, 2014, 12:04:53 AM »
Unless you want to level that Kirin you have sitting in your box :V

But then you'd have to evolve Valk
And Hera-Is
And also get a Verche

So you might as well stick to Horus for now :derp:

yyyyeah I may be confident in my comboing skills now to get 4 combos but kirin has a whole new level of 'you fucked now son' so.

I'm probably evolving/leveling Valk/Hera-is anyway so :v

Verche however can rot in my box.

If I ever level Kirin its probably more because shes a grav light sub. And that's about to become pointless SO (And I might be able to zeusu soon anyway for a better grav???)

« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2014, 01:28:12 AM »
Okay so now that Awakenings have been out for a while time for a revised tier list! Also because I totally over estimated +orbs and under estimated a bunch of other abilities. I blame Goemon.

NEW AWAKENING TIER LIST

Top Tier (These skills are amazing and can make a huge difference if you have them)
Extend Time: Now that combo burst teams like Horus and Kirin are getting popular, having this ability can make a HUGE difference especially when stacked up. When I wrote the original tier list, the only notable monster with this ability was Anubus so I kinda wrote it off. But Bastet + Yomi combos have really shown the power of this awakening. Yomi in general has really risen in popularity thanks to the power her 1 second brings to any combo team, especially in combination with her active (which can now be used to negate things like Izanagi's match time down debuff). Also all of the new Ultimate Egyptian Gods get this ability and they very much enjoy it. Well... everyone but Isis... THANKS GUNGHO :/
Also watch Ultimate Anubis just get 3 of these and rocket up to most powerful leader in the game #ONETRUEGOD wow such damage

Damage enhance: So the real power of this awakening is that fact that it stacks. Although only a few teams can really make use of this awakening, the ones that do get a HUGE boost in damage from it. Most notably Satan and Dark Metatron, who can deal millions of damage simply by matching two rows of dark orbs. Like holy fucking shit OP. The upcoming Heroic Gods also enjoy this skill very much. It is worth nothing however that this skill doesn't do much if you don't stack it and if you don't have a team that supports full row matching, so don't go dumping your TAMADRA for this skill unless it's for something like Satan or Dark Meta.

High Tier (These skills are really good but not quite as game changing as the top tier)
Skill Boost: Yeah this skill is obviously really good. Unfortunately, although pretty much every Dragon in the game has it, not very many top tier monsters do. The main notable ones are King Bubblie, and the REM gods: Odins, Metatrons, and Sonias. It makes BOdin a great sub for any team as both a giant stat stick (best overall stats in the game!) and dat triple skill boost. Gungho does seem to be getting more liberal with this skill though, as every Heroic god has one and every Sonia has two.

Resistance Bind: With two of these your monster can't be bound, plain and simple. Most notable leaders that enjoy this are Ammy, Odin, Anubis, and both Metatrons (and although not 100% resisted, L/L Archangel and W/L Isis). Ammy gets a special mention in that if you really hate binds, having Ammy as a sub will give you a get out of jail free card with the buff to her active letting it cleanse all binds! W/W Archangel and W/L Isis gets the other special mention in that they also have both bind resist and bind cleansing, although not nearly as well as Ammy's. In Isis' case, there's only a 25% chance of getting both your Isis' bound and if only one get's bound then you can use the unbound Isis to help clean the bind off.

Mid Tier (These are all the enemy ability resist skills, because any chance to avoid these annoying types of attacks is a good thing)
Poison Resist: So poison orbs turned out to be nassstyyyy. Basically jammers but way worse. Because of this, Bastet is often favored in poison dungeons like Beelzebub because of the chance that you can turn those annoying poison orbs into free attacks.

Jammer Resist: Ditto poison, but less lethal. On the other hand poison is only used by a few bosses while pretty much everyone seems to be spamming jammer attacks now, and they still mess with orb dependent combo gods all the same (although combo count leads dont give a fuck). Only Kirin really gets to use this right now but some of the upcoming HxH leaders will as well.

Blind Resist: Pretty much ditto the two above. Especially annoying for big combo teams, although luckily Echidna has one and everyone uses her. Kirin too. I don't know why they gave Goemon two he's like the monster that gives the least shits about blinds in the game dammit gungho.

In general these resist skills are useful but they are largely hindered by the fact that they only have a 20% chance to resist and have highly limited distribution. Still a 40% chance for Bastet to stop Beelzebub's sea of poison or a 60% chance for Kirin to block a blind attack is quite notable, especially since these gods rely on making big combos. In the future these could be more valued as more monsters are given these skills and more stages have these types of attacks.

Low Tier (These skills basically all just add a bit of beef to your team but that's about it. Not really worth the TAMADRA, especially if you can get higher tier abilities.)
Stat Boosts: Does what it says on the tin. Some of them are more appreciated than others, like Physical types enjoy having +30 RCV and Valk enjoys that +100 HP, but other than that it's just ok.

Enhanced orbs: Siiiighhhh. I had so many hopes. So many dreams. Every single one of them shattered. Because of how +orbs work, this skill really only helps if you store the +orbs that fall and then use them all up together in one big clump. Also if you have 5 of these you'll have 100% +orbs, which will result in around 20% increased damage with regular matching. Oh joy. Well it's free damage but yeah damage enhance turned out to be WAYYY better as it actually makes a big difference when stacked, while this skill just adds little fun sized damage boosts to your daily combo meal.

Reduce Damage: I was actually saved from dying once by one of these, but it was pretty much just by sheer luck. Not entirely useless but still meh.

Auto-recover: 500 HP is really pitiful. It's nice that Odin has it to help out with his leader ability, but other than that's it's just like whatever. I rated it higher before because I thought it might be nice in double resist teams... BUT NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT DOUBLE RESIST ANYMORE ITS ALL BURST FROM HERE BABY :welp:

Recover Bind: So uh in theory it's a good skill, especially for Lucifer teams, since you can go into a binding boss by preemptively popping Siren/Joker, then healing those binds away and getting your HP back at the same time. So that's nice. The problem is the distribution. Neither Siren nor DJ has this skill. The only heart makers that have it are the sticker girls. Also the main thing is stall teams are fading into obscurity, and burst teams all strive to burst the boss dead before they can use any bind skills so it's just like whatever.

bottom tier
Two-Pronged Attack: lol absolutely useless garbageokay actually in retrospect this ability does have a bit of a use, against those damn Twinlits :V Still the worst skill in the game though.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:45:52 AM by Suikama »

Chaore

« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2014, 02:00:31 AM »
:v

Bun's two-cents: Awakenings are a complete disappointment and don't care about them ever. Otherwise suikama is mostly accurate in the resists are the best things and everything else sucks.

The only one I really care about is bind resist and it's not where it should be at all.

« Reply #255 on: January 09, 2014, 02:15:19 AM »
yeah pretty much the only awakenings that really do anything are Extend Time (for combo teams), Damage Enhance (for Satan/Dark Meta only), Skill Boost, and Bind Resist. The other three resists need luck. :/

On another note, it would be funny if gungho makes a 'fuck your shit' dragon with 9 awakening like the fruit dragons, but it just has 3 of each attack resist skill :V

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #256 on: January 09, 2014, 02:42:21 AM »
Looks like that cements my plan to max awaken my Metatron soon (once I evolve babbytron) :D

« Reply #257 on: January 09, 2014, 02:50:57 AM »
Also remember that most dragons suck hard buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut every full cycle bar toys has at least one Skill Boost in their awakens and they're almost all farmable, most of them not even requiring evolution. So there is that at least.

Chaore

« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2014, 03:09:54 AM »
yeah pretty much the only awakenings that really do anything are Extend Time (for combo teams), Damage Enhance (for Satan/Dark Meta only), Skill Boost, and Bind Resist. The other three resists need luck. :/

On another note, it would be funny if gungho makes a 'fuck your shit' dragon with 9 awakening like the fruit dragons, but it just has 3 of each attack resist skill :V

Yeah and of those, I'd argue extend time is somewhat inconsequential, skill boost needs stacking, and bind resist has far too shit distribution to be good (WHY DO NO ANGELS, WHO ARE LITERALLY PROBABLY THE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE TO BIND, HAVE BIND RESISTS GUNGHO -PLZ-)

if they made those with all awakenings being resist it'd be okay because 18% resist oh shit we nebradisk now with ulti'd single ele roman

and unlike nebradisk that applies to multi-hits

unfortunately it'd still be single type and therefore still bad

« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2014, 04:32:32 AM »
...I just noticed that the fruit dragons have lucifer's leader skill...

Which totally does not synergize with all their offensive awakenings

Well at least they have built in heartmakers

Chaore

« Reply #260 on: January 09, 2014, 04:46:42 AM »
...I just noticed that the fruit dragons have lucifer's leader skill...

Which totally does not synergize with all their offensive awakenings

Well at least they have built in heartmakers

yeah they have 1.5x too which is not good enough

they seem to be subs tbh

i'd actually like a grape dragon for my heart maker for luci- two skill boosts would be p.nice too, even if the rest of their awakenings wouldn't be

their stats are kind of low though so tbh i guess they're just duds atm- i guess they have a lot of flexibility with their massive awakening list?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #261 on: January 09, 2014, 04:49:03 AM »
I really want to make use of BOdins row enhances somehow.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #262 on: January 09, 2014, 05:29:36 AM »
I really want to make use of Bodin and I&I's row enhances, but I''ll need four more tamadra.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #263 on: January 09, 2014, 05:36:55 AM »
I really want to make use of Bodin and I&I's row enhances, but I''ll need four more tamadra.

Do you have an I&I of your own?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #264 on: January 09, 2014, 06:26:51 AM »
http://www.padherder.com/user/o4rfish/sets/
I have Bodin (with 5 already), I&I, and Undine (one dupe) or hellice demons, but should probably put in orb changers ...
Blue Sonia would make it work.

Chaore

« Reply #265 on: January 09, 2014, 06:32:09 AM »
looking at zeus descend and sobbing at all the binds

just sheer sobbing because so many binds why do you do this to me gungho

« Reply #266 on: January 09, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »
yeah they have 1.5x too which is not good enough

they seem to be subs tbh

i'd actually like a grape dragon for my heart maker for luci- two skill boosts would be p.nice too, even if the rest of their awakenings wouldn't be

their stats are kind of low though so tbh i guess they're just duds atm- i guess they have a lot of flexibility with their massive awakening list?
uh its x2 for the evolved form :derp:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #267 on: January 09, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »
looking at zeus descend and sobbing at all the binds

just sheer sobbing because so many binds why do you do this to me gungho

Guess you really can't wait for Angel's ult-evolution huh.

I decided to try and update my PAD herder thing. I don't know how you guys max things out. The highest thing I have at more than a 1.5 mil curve is at lvl 82.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #268 on: January 09, 2014, 02:40:40 PM »
Super Kings give a ton of exp per stam, so I always save up stam and try to do it whenever it comes around, regardless of whether I need that particular element or not

At worst a super king dungeon gives 4 highs and 1 king. That's worth 115000 experience for 50 stam. Meanwhile, AT BEST regular farming pengdras will give you 7.5 per 100 stam: 60 stam on dragons for 15 dragons, 20 stam on technicals for 8 pengdra, 20 on thursdays for 8 plants. That's only 112500 experience. So the worst case super king scenario beats out the best case pengdra in terms of stamina efficiency.

Also the 'decent' case for super kings (1 invade, getting the king at stage 3, and getting the super in stage 5) gives a whopping 285000 experience. That's without the same element bonus. With it you get 427500 exp from just one super king run. If you spend a stone or two you can easily max out even monsters that need a million exp like Great Valkyre.

also oh damn you actually have the optimal Kirin team huh
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:45:08 PM by Suikama »

« Reply #269 on: January 09, 2014, 02:45:14 PM »
Managed to finally get Nebradisk; not sure what I'm going to do with it, but that ability looks like it'll come in handy, especially given what the last boss of Tomb of the Saint Deep is like.