Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 222556 times)

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
Walking back to my dorm from class today, I saw a sign for an "Open Mic Karaoke Night" next Thursday at Suwako's
Wait...
"S U Wackadoo's"
Makes more sense, and now I'm both relieved and disappointed at the same time

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
Walking back to my dorm from class today, I saw a sign for an "Open Mic Karaoke Night" next Thursday at Suwako's
Wait...
"S U Wackadoo's"
Makes more sense, and now I'm both relieved and disappointed at the same time
What kind of sorcery did you use? Now I want to build some Minecraft dance clubs and fill it with Touhou related stuff.

SIRookie

What kind of sorcery did you use? Now I want to build some Minecraft dance clubs and fill it with Touhou related stuff.

I believe it's called "reading too fast"
Also Wackadoo's is a sports bar, and "S U" being "Student Union"

Of course a Touhou sports bar would also be entertaining to visit

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
You know you're addicted to Touhou when instead of joining the bandwagons of Sonic, DBZ, Mario, Kirby and Maplestory for sprite animation, you go off and use Touhou sprites instead!

Snakebite969

• Caution
  • Touhou + Physics = Explainable danmaku
When you're actually playing touhou, and don't even notice you're against a midboss until you get killed.
Goal: 1cc touhou 11 normal
Goal 2: beat any extra stage

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When you're actually playing touhou, and don't even notice you're against a midboss until you get killed.

Addicted? No, Addicted would be knowing exactly what note in the music the midboss comes up or having memorized the pattern of every stage~ And in the case of 6-8, I can definitely attest to the latter.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

SIRookie

Addicted? No, Addicted would be knowing exactly what note in the music the midboss comes up or having memorized the pattern of every stage~ And in the case of 6-8, I can definitely attest to the latter.

'Tis true. So much of my pacing and movement is based on the music, that if I mess up the rhythm it throws me off for the rest of the stage.
Boss fights are fine for me, though. I don't pay attention to the music then.

I just yelled so loud I woke up everyone in my house after watching this.
A beautiful soulgrudge this cosmic was surely authored by the constellations.

Snakebite969

• Caution
I just yelled so loud I woke up everyone in my house after watching this.
Same - Except I laughed at the ridiculous difficulty (then realised the gimmick, and was all like "WHOA")

I should probably get back to silently raging at Sekibanki's severed head before the entire town explodes with my joy.

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
When other people on a completely different game know about Touhou. One person had Yuugi as a profile and I just went up and said "HOSHIGUMAAAAAAAAAA!!!" in commemoration of Touhou M-1 Grand Prix.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

When you're moving through a crowd and you instantly read everyone's movement patterns and weave through without a scratch...then remember it's just real life  :derp:

When you're moving through a crowd and you instantly read everyone's movement patterns and weave through without a scratch...then remember it's just real life  :derp:

Same, actually if I'm shopping with my family I'll volunteer to go back and get items we missed, and weave through a crowd (while still trying to be polite of course) without making traffic any worse or bumping into anyone, taking in a wide range view of what direction everyone is moving, where they'll be in a few seconds, and where the open spaces are going to be. Then people are surprised I'm back so fast. Before playing Touhou I'd only notice the people closest to me and avoid running into them lol.

When you start brainstorming crossovers of touhou with other series for danmaku battles, for example

Dragon ball Z: Ki blasts/all their shiny explosive moves/kamehameha/spirit bomb
Bleach: Razor like ranmaku/teleporting
Naturo:Yukari kunais/Mamizou copying/cloning
Type moon: Aoko Aozaki blue magic spam

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When you start brainstorming crossovers of touhou with other series for danmaku battles, for example

Dragon ball Z: Ki blasts/all their shiny explosive moves/kamehameha/spirit bomb
Bleach: Razor like ranmaku/teleporting
Naturo:Yukari kunais/Mamizou copying/cloning
Type moon: Aoko Aozaki blue magic spam

Me any given day, "What if X met Y?"
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Snakebite969

• Caution
When you are perfectly fine with your android phone screen being covered in Touhou characters, even though they get in the way of literally everything

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Cherry Blossoms are blooming~ Perfect Cherry Blossoms~

SIRookie

Last night-
"Oh hey look, the moon is starting to go dark"
"Is that why you and Alex were playing 13.5 earlier?"
"Jesus, man, I may be a fan of the series but I don't run around going 'THE MOON IS TURNING RED! IT'S AN INCIDENT!' all of the time...even if there is a forum thread about it..."

Snakebite969

• Caution
When, at work, you are asked to take a box to K1, which you subtly nickname "Keine", because K - 1, which in German would be K - Eins, and so, this accidental German grammatical failure was totally not just a reason for me to nickname an area after a touhou character

Not that anyone would get the reference  :qq:

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
When, while browsing Amazon.com, you impulsively type in "Touhou" and see what comes back.

Now, if all goes well, I should be acquiring my first Touhou game on Saturday. (Yes, you can be addicted to Touhou without ever playing the games. Deal with it.)

If it's coming via USPS, I've learned that chances are very high that all will not go well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
If it's coming via USPS, I've learned that chances are very high that all will not go well.

It actually went better than expected. I just got it less than a half hour ago. (a day early!)

There also seems to have been a shipping mistake, since they gave me another copy of the game (which was Subterranean Animism) plus two copies of UFO as well! xD

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
It actually went better than expected. I just got it less than a half hour ago. (a day early!)

There also seems to have been a shipping mistake, since they gave me another copy of the game (which was Subterranean Animism) plus two copies of UFO as well! xD

...Maybe it's a nice seller.

Check the box for an explanation, I know I got this cool free button once with a cleaning cloth I ordered.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Check the box for an explanation
It didn't come in a box, it came in a big yellow envelope wrapped in bubble wrap and bundled with the other 3 disc cases. There wasn't any explanation.

Anyways, to avoid derailing the thread, you know you're addicted when your calculus teacher asks someone in the class to give him a random coordinate point and the first numbers the pop into your head are ⑨ and ⑥ (which is literally what I would've given him, had I been the one that was picked)...

Sahgren

When you decide to go to a local Japanese culture festival just on the outside chance that a vendor is selling something Touhou related.

My biology teacher was talking about DNA synthesis, and she brought up Okazaki fragments. Pretty normal, right? Well, a few minutes later, she told the class how the body gets nucleotides from the cells in one's food, and guess which food she used as an example? Not a blueberry, not a cranberry, but a strawberry. I ended up having Yumemi's theme stuck in my head the rest of the day.

Keegster2

• Green shroom
  • The guy that was dead for like 5 years
Last year on Halloween, I dressed up as an "Unknown Phantom". I kept thinking about Komachi while I was Trick or Treating. During said Trick or Treating, I usually rang the doorbell to the tune of Candid Friend. Finally, at one house, I saw a black cat walking around, and I decided to call it Orin. :3

Also, whenever I watch a show on TV, I try to imagine what Touhous would fit the show's characters.
"I'll give you old-timey, you mountebank!"

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
When you proudly proclaim that the 9th US President, William Henry Harrison, is the strongest baka.

Pirated

• Fairy of Average Intelljence
  • Touhou... that's an anime, right?
A few weeks ago, we had to write a short story about a disaster in the near future. Someone made a story about a huge earthquake that kills millions in the year 2065. The entire time I couldn't get Komachi out of my head.
Also, when me and my friend were looking at the full moon and he got something caught in his eye and it turned red.  He didn't tell me what was wrong and I thought the far side of the moon was showing and ran back inside yelling " EVERYONE CLOSE THE WINDOWS THE TRUE MOON IS OUT" My parents got so pissed that they got rid of all my 2hus for a month

1cc N: PoDD, LLS, MS, PoFV
1cc H: You're joking, right?

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
A few weeks ago, we had to write a short story about a disaster in the near future. Someone made a story about a huge earthquake that kills millions in the year 2065. The entire time I couldn't get Komachi out of my head.
Also, when me and my friend were looking at the full moon and he got something caught in his eye and it turned red.  He didn't tell me what was wrong and I thought the far side of the moon was showing and ran back inside yelling " EVERYONE CLOSE THE WINDOWS THE TRUE MOON IS OUT" My parents got so pissed that they got rid of all my 2hus for a month

Seriously? :c

When you're looking so hard for something to practice for piano that you can actually do and you decide to just play Japanize Dream because it's relatively simple

When you're playing Bravely Default and imagining Ringabel suddenly ending up in Gensokyo. (If you aren't familiar with Bravely Default, Ringabel is the (Sometimes wannabe) womanizer of the group.

When you're playing Gradius III and you suddenly start humming Innocent Treasures.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:40:38 AM by What am I, anyway? »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Seriously? :c

When you're looking so hard for something to practice for piano that you can actually do and you decide to just play Japanize Dream because it's relatively simple

When I want to play piano, I will play one of a list of songs by ear.

Tetris A
Saria's Song
Green Hill Zone
Song of Time
Song of Healing
Spring Yard Zone
SMB 1-1

And enough diversion.