Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 222493 times)

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
When, after playing Skyrim to death you restoration-loop glitch yourself a pair of enchanted katana. Hakurouken - ridiculously high turn undead and banish deadra and Roukanken - just insanely high damage, to cut through any enemy in the game. Missing the speed stat from Oblivion so you could move fast enough to actually play Youmu.

All of my glitched items have names from touhou actually.
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

Ibaraki

• 茨華仙
  • Keeping things disciplined
When I have plan for my corpse to be buried under a cherry tree.

I was watching Northernlion's first episode of The Binding of Isaac, when I noticed that he actually made a Touhou reference (or Too-Hoo, as he called it at the time). I'm surprised that it took me so long to spot that one.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
I saw a sign for a restaurant called Mima's.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
And today on Financial Education, we saw a fragancy named patchouli.
Weird coincidence.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

I was in this half-asleep state during class and inadvertently started moving my pencil up and down around my notes for graze points. Yeah.

Today, I had created a small Tokiko figure entirely out of paper... because I had extra paper lying around. You know you're addicted, when that is how you decide to get rid of leftover paper. Anyways, it wasn't origami, I just did what I could to make it work. I consider myself not-good at art in general (despite being told otherwise) but for once I was happy with something I made.

Now comes the sad part... After I finished carefully coloring it, I left to grab my camera *coughPSVitacough* so that I could show you guys. In the few minutes that I was gone, apparently a fan turned on and she was blown directly into a cup of coffee. Completely unsalvageable, my favorite character into a mushy ball of paper. :(

Well, at least I tried. Next time use heavier materials?

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
When the first thing you do when you discover THIS site is type touhou in it.
Too bad it doesn't seem very accurate for any other results other than Touhou. I mean, I knew there were a lot of Nintendo haters out there, but not so many of them it almost surpasses the lovers.

Was at the Ren Fair, and when I saw some people with multicolored hair I thought first of the characters in Touhou with multicolored hair (Keine, Tokiko, Shou, Seija).

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
When the first thing you do when you discover THIS site is type touhou in it.
Too bad it doesn't seem very accurate for any other results other than Touhou. I mean, I knew there were a lot of Nintendo haters out there, but not so many of them it almost surpasses the lovers.

Bonus points because if you type 'Touhou Project' you get a negative result.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Bonus points because if you type 'Touhou Project' you get a negative result.
Meanhwile, iof you Type "Breasts" you get a massively negative result.
But when you type "Tits" You'll get a massively positive one.
And then you type "Flandre and you get a Mediocore result, but "Flandre Scarlet" litterally gives you 100% Approval, 0% indifferent and Negative

This one made me think of Minamitsu.
http://i.imgur.com/Xl2YoDX.jpg?1

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I just replayed Pokemon Soul Silver, and I got a call from someone named ERIN.
ERIN
I didn't know Eirin removed one I from her name and decided to start training pokemon.

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
*checks phone*
*1 missed call from Unknown*
flandre don't call me i can't play right now

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you finally quit your addiction... Just to find out you're only subconsciously addicted by:
-Realizing what you search is Touhou in some sort of way
-In creating stuff, you have powers like "Controlling the borders of the universe"
-When you realize you're subconsciously addicted, you say under your breath, "Damn it Koishi!!!"
-You come back here for a while once you realize it. Hellur, by the way~ Like a yearly visit or something~

Oh, and you find the spare time to do this using an app from your phone's app store and a MIDI conversion site.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
While replaying Atelier Rorona in preparation for Meruru Plus next week I couldn't help but see Yukari every time Astrid was on screen. It was actually quite odd.
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
When you notice Byakuren fan art on the "Culture" slide in your classmate's slideshow about Japan. She didn't know who it was, though.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
When you notice Byakuren fan art on the "Culture" slide in your classmate's slideshow about Japan. She didn't know who it was, though.
Did you tell her? :V

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
When you notice that Doom 64's intro music sounds very similar to the first 30-something seconds of Fate of Sixty Years.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2013, 03:41:47 AM »
Did you tell her? :V

No, she didn't even notice, and she probably doesn't know what Touhou is, anyway, although she's Japanese (she's Asian-American, like me).
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2013, 03:50:45 AM »
When you hold something upside down (like your wallet when putting your credit card back in) and you blame Seija for messing with you.

« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2013, 03:08:10 AM »
When you are deleriously lying in bed after getting tired from a long day of celebrating your nephew's first birthday, and end up muttering about Touhou.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2013, 04:52:45 AM »
You go to complain about bad luck in Labyrinth Zone Act 3, and type "Labyrinth of Touhou Act 3" before realizing what you've done.

The bad luck in question was clearing Egg Pursuit (the boss), hitting the capsule, and then dying because Sonic ran smack into Eggman's ship. AGH!
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2013, 07:16:25 AM »
When despite speaking French, you innocently google Nue because the character name overrides the fact that the word also means naked. I had quite a surprise before it dawned on me and I felt totally dumb for that.

« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
YKYATT when, if you play as Peach in Super Smash Bros, you usually use her purple color palette because of the Yukari resemblance.

« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2013, 03:58:34 PM »
^If you know how and don't mind using brawl mods, I could send you over an actual Yukari (and a buncha other people)

I didn't create them, but I did make a big pack that keeps them all in one easy spot to download.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:01:25 PM by SirBlueberry »

« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »
Watching an LP of Breath of Fire, and they talk about Bleu sleeping for thousands of years and her irritation at having been woken up.  I then just have to say, "Wow, it looks like someone finally took the 'Laziest Person in the Multiverse!' title away from Yukari.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2013, 01:16:47 AM »
I remember when my ears pop for a bit and I accidently threw something important in the trash can. I blame the three light fairies!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2013, 11:23:46 PM »
When you wait in anticipation for Cirno Day 2013 (or  ⑨-0⑨-(⑨+√⑨+(⑨/⑨)) )
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:20:30 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »