Author Topic: Touhou Perfect Lunatic clears  (Read 56377 times)

Re: Touhou Perfect Lunatic clears
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2013, 06:31:11 PM »
Oh awesome. Added it. Gonna watch it when I get some free time. :3

EDIT: well, I watched just stage 6 for now. It's quite impressive indeed. The second-to-last spellcard started nicely, but began to shit pretty hard on him. But luckily he captured it unlikely ASL who sadly timed it out in his NMNBNT run (but at least it was a Reimu run, which we already have too many of).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:26:05 AM by Wriggle »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2013, 07:52:57 PM »
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2013, 10:28:33 AM »
This just in, coa manages to defeat SA with ReimuA NMNBs   :D

Badass run as expected. Took him a lot of tries and I followed him on twitter through a lot of it. He sometimes lost runs due to depressingly stupid failures like midboss Orin's first non.
Gotta give this guy credit where its due and watch the fruits of his efforts eh?!

http://score.royalflare.net/th11/replay11/th11_ud1235.rpy

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »
TD Youmu run is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3OSZyZw9os

Added it, ty. :D

This just in, coa manages to defeat SA with ReimuA NMNBs   :D

Badass run as expected. Took him a lot of tries and I followed him on twitter through a lot of it. He sometimes lost runs due to depressingly stupid failures like midboss Orin's first non.
Gotta give this guy credit where its due and watch the fruits of his efforts eh?!

http://score.royalflare.net/th11/replay11/th11_ud1235.rpy

That kinda reminds of Nindel, lol. I hope he gets his NMNB soon. :3 Added it.

« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2013, 07:04:21 PM »
So I was wandering around and passed by SOC's personal replay uploader, and found out he ALREADY had a EoSD LNMNB from back in 2012. Sigh. Well, I watched only the two last stages for now, and it's definitively a good watch.

chum

« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2013, 07:35:36 PM »
Cool beans.

ns also appears to have 3 runs for GFW.

A1
B1
B2

« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2013, 07:49:20 PM »
Nice. Added them.

In the meantime, I got to watch a NMNB Extra clear of GFW that was on Royalflare (I hadn't seen one earlier). Quite impressive. I like it how he went all aggressive at Fairy Descruction Ray and lost about 600% Motivation to the light lol.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:06:15 PM by Wriggle »

« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2013, 10:21:53 AM »
question:
in order to get a perfect run, you need to get a gold medal to all spellcards?

« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2013, 10:54:04 AM »
That is not required and in many cases impossible. It's just about beating the game without dying or bombing.

Great Fairy Wars is generally not designed to be done without the freezing feature and the gold medals are actually more of a joke on ZUN's part.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2013, 04:12:13 PM »
Here are recordings on ns's GFW replays

Route A1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eERupzMmlI
Route B1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZxBmbEcWnI
Route B2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq13ss1HYVs

I'm interested in seeing the NMNB GFW Ex replay as well.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:32:07 AM by Ranko Hoshino »
My Touhou Replays

« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2013, 05:30:06 PM »
Here are recordings on ns's GFW replays

Route A1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eERupzMmlI
Route B1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZxBmbEcWnI
Route B2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq13ss1HYVs

I'm interested in see the NMNB GFW replay as well.

Added them, thanks.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2013, 02:32:41 AM »
updated my last post a bit because I'm a derp  :derp:
My Touhou Replays

« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2013, 02:37:38 AM »
I'm interested in seeing the NMNB GFW Ex replay as well.

There's this one. It's the only ExNMNB of this game I've seen so far.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:07:01 AM by Wriggle »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2013, 10:54:48 PM »
There's this one. It's the only ExNMNB of this game I've seen so far.
Thanks, and it is indeed a pretty cool replay. :toot:
My Touhou Replays

« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2013, 03:47:24 AM »
http://t.co/u1NOyRxSWz
Miduki's EoSD LNMNB using Reimu B.

« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2013, 04:03:13 AM »
Nice, ty. I was expecting him to do sooner or later as he already had one 1MNB with ReimuA that he depressingly failed at Needle Mountain due to nervousness. Anyway, congrats to him for perfecting every main game on Lunatic. :3

« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2013, 11:06:53 AM »
is there any video or replay for touhou 1-5 on lunatic?

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2013, 06:12:49 AM »
Added SOC's LNN on DDC demo. It's really impressive, he even finishes with max resources.

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2013, 06:50:31 PM »
Well, if you hadn't added it I wouldn't have noticed so thanks for that  :] Indeed quite impressive, if nothing else because it's done with ReimuB and not one of the alpha female characters.

Having watched this, I never want to hear anyone say that kagerou midboss should be nerfed again  ;)

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2013, 07:08:53 PM »
Having watched this, I never want to hear anyone say that kagerou midboss should be nerfed again  ;)

I actually like Kagerou's midboss spell. I think the problem was that it was hard to practice because it's so late into the demo. But once we get spell practice, I think it'll be fine.

« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »
Not that I'm aware of.  Most people don't play the PC98 stuff too much, and many runs aren't recorded.  ZIL has a no-miss (1 hit) for PoDD though, which is pretty impressive even if it's not a NMNB.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2013, 09:21:39 PM »
Added SOC's LNN on DDC demo. It's really impressive, he even finishes with max resources.
LNN?

I was planning to respond to this earlier, but forgot about it-- it was posted right before the site was down.

Anyway, there aren't any that I know of. I don't know of any instances of people trying to improve no-bomb runs of PC-98 games to minimize deaths (like Cactu/Nindella/Minogame have been doing here with Windows games), either.

MS is definitely possible though, for anyone skilled enough to perfect the last two stages with some consistency. Same with LLS: it has a few insane parts like the stage 4 midbosses and stage 5 rings, but the Windows games have patterns like that too.

PoDD doesn't seem possible. Zil nearly had a no-damage run, but no damage and no bombs? Seems very unlikely.

SoEW is a rather easy Lunatic, with the bosses unchanged from Hard, and the stage portions mostly trivialized by shooting in short bursts instead of continuously. Mima can be cheap, but Jaimers has apparently found a consistent strategy. I think some of the people here could perfect it actually, if anyone could tolerate it long enough to do that.

HRtP can be pretty cheap in parts (particularly certain boss attacks in Makai route, and some stage teleporters in Jigoku route), and certain attacks also become pretty fast at max rank, but it's also rather short, so maybe they could be lucked through with enough restarts? I was discussing this with Zil a few days ago, and he thinks it's possible, if you memorize every stage without teleporters to minimize the luck aspects, and somehow survive the rest.

There's also PoFV, which may be more doable than PoDD because of level 2 spells (if GFW ice is allowed, PoFV spells are allowed). What exactly would a perfect run of that be, though? No damage? No damage, no bombs?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:32:18 PM by Karisa »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2013, 09:37:01 PM »
LNN?

LNN is an abbreviation for LNMNB (Lunatic No Miss No Bomb). Some japanese players use it to refer to their LNMNB type achievements. Some games have an added condition, like no border breaks, or no trance. In that case, the run would be named "LNNN", with an extra N for the third restriction.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2013, 10:23:11 PM »
let me tell that outside of aya/medicine (and maybe reimu if you're really good), PoFV isn't possible to even no miss. eiki won't take any planned hits, so unless your character is really good at hitting the AI, you won't live long enough to beat her. you won't be able to do it with, let's say, marisa. despite being overall harder, PoDD is probably easier to NMNB. no damage is a ridiculous challenge so I wouldn't really count getting hit as a miss.

« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2013, 10:36:46 PM »
Same with LLS: it has a few insane parts like the stage 4 midbosses and stage 5 rings, but the Windows games have patterns like that too.
Midbosses are actually not that bad on a survival route.  They become quite reasonable if you drop items to lower rank, and most of the game can be managed in a similar way.  Rings are nasty though.  Might be harder than EoSD books and being on stage 5 makes it even worse.  Someone with mad reading ability could get a decent cap rate on it though.  Yuka's finals can be pretty tough but they're static so at least you can savestate grind them for consistency.  And then there's Marisa, but no sane person would play as Reimu for something like this right :V?  So really it's pretty much just the rings and then not messing up on the rest.  I could see some people here being able to do it without a huge amount of time/effort if they rank controlled.  I just don't think anyone cares to actually play LLS w.

« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »
let me tell that outside of aya/medicine (and maybe reimu if you're really good), PoFV isn't possible to even no miss. eiki won't take any planned hits, so unless your character is really good at hitting the AI, you won't live long enough to beat her. you won't be able to do it with, let's say, marisa. despite being overall harder, PoDD is probably easier to NMNB. no damage is a ridiculous challenge so I wouldn't really count getting hit as a miss.

I remember Zil referring to a no-miss run done by that newcashcash guy with Eiki, who has that troll laser. Granted, for a skilled player Reimu is probably easier to survive against since she throws more reflectable stuff, but as far as I know she has the same dodging ability that Eiki has, given the same stage.

About who is more effective, I think Eiki has a constant effectivity as the AI seems to only be hit if they're in the laser area right before it's shot, while Reimu would be more effective when the battle's already in a high level and the AI gets confused as it tries to dodge everything while keeping its bad habit of entering Reimu's rings. It uses bomb in that case, but under all that shitstorm it would easily happen again before it gets a level 2.

(Correct if I'm wrong, because I'm a noob at PoFV :V)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:45:24 PM by Wriggle »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2013, 10:46:07 PM »
no damage is a ridiculous challenge so I wouldn't really count getting hit as a miss.
At least among games that have a damage system, almost every "perfect" challenge I know of has no damage as one of the criteria (sometimes the only condition for "perfect", sometimes not), as opposed to just not dying. (Either that or a "perfect" is something completely unrelated, like 100% completion.) So I wouldn't consider a NMNB that takes damage in PoDD/PoFV to be "perfect". Of course, it'd still be a really good (and probably really lucky as well) run.

I wonder if PoFV no damage is doable with one of the broken characters...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:48:20 PM by Karisa »

« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2013, 10:49:37 PM »
I wonder if PoFV no damage is doable with one of the broken characters...

Idk about Aya, but with Medicine it certainly is. I have almost no experience with PoFV yet I no-missed it with Medicine on my first try. Iirc Eiki didn't even last 1 minute in the first round.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2013, 11:24:03 PM »
to my knowledge AI dodging ability depends on movement speed and eiki is faster than reimu is, so she should be harder to hit than reimu. don't quote me on that, I'm not really sure on this.

no damage run is possible with aya/medicine. what kill the AI with reimu isn't it entering the rings, but her ying yang orb.

I'd also arguing a run using level 2s to be "perfect" at all. the only thing I'd consider "perfect" for PoFV would be no miss (maybe no damage if you're crazy), no charge and no bomb. so just dodge and shoot, pretty much.

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2013, 11:39:57 PM »
I see. Well, I'm with Karisa with the "if Ice is allowed, Charge Spells are allowed". You don't even get all gold medals in GFW for LNN it because you used ice, yet it's considered perfect due to how impossible most spellcards are without it.